AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm sorry, but this might be goodbye

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LindseyDoll

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 27, 2011
Hi everyone,

Or more accurately, bye everyone.

I'm doing this now, because if I don't make my payout this time, my internet connection will be cut off. If it comes to that I won't have the opportunity.

I usually don't mention my circumstances, unless in models only. I worry that if I come across as broke and desperate, it would be a huge turn off for you guys. I cam because it's what I love to do, but also because I saw it as a way out of the poverty/debt cycle of my life. Lately, it hasn't been working out. It's probably my own fault, I try very hard, but apparently it isn't enough. I've been living from paycheck to paycheck, I'm behind on my rent, and I don't have a penny to use to buy food. I may wind up moving back in with my parents.

I'm going to be printing out my resume and looking for work elsewhere regardless of how things turn out, but I'll keep camming part time If I can keep my connection.

If I'm going to receive my payout, I need to make 6,000 tokens in the next 4 days. A few months ago I would have been completely confident that I could do it, now I'm terrified that I won't. It will basically take a miracle to help me, because I haven't been able to make more than 300 tokens in 8 hours lately.

It's because of all of you that I have been able to keep going during the hard times, even when I was sick after returning from the hospital in November. I will not give up until I know for sure that I won't make it, and I will use this place for inspiration. I will be doing 2,000 token countdowns to cum shows in public chat for the next 4 days, in the hopes that maybe I can complete a countdown for once.

I'm not making this to whine, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm not one of the popular models, so most of you have no reason to care. I'm just writing this because I'm grateful for everything guys, and I feel like you all deserve an explanation before I disappear.

So before I loose my internet, thanks everyone, and goodbye.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm really sad to hear that Shelter, and I do sincerely hope you're able to stay. I know you've been working on MFC and Chaturbate, but have you tried some of the other sites like streammate and livejasmin? I've got friends who were unable to make ends meet on MFC, and then switched to LJ or SM and it just suited them more and they were able to make it work.

First off - I'd like to say that I do feel for you. I think the entire site, if not the entire industry, has been suffering as of late. It's through no fault of your own - everyone has been feeling the squeeze (including the top 20s on MFC to a lesser extent).

I have every confidence in you that you could achieve the goal of 6,000 tokens in 4 days. If my calculations are correct, that's only 1,500tk/day - a very reasonable goal. I'm wondering though - are we referring to Chaturbate or MFC?

I think I should mention that its a good idea to make sure that you're mentally calm to aid token flow/traffic. I'm a little worried that (what seems to be) your anxiety may be reflected within your camming, and it'll hamper the token flow/traffic. It might also be a good idea to do a brief content sale to speed things up, if you're not already doing some. I do wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal.

If you're going to have to go, then I must bid you farewell. I'm saddened that I haven't met you properly yet - it would be an honour to know you better. Good luck on your endeavors - we'll miss you if you leave.

ShelterLight said:
I'm doing this now, because if I don't make my payout this time, my internet connection will be cut off.

I cam because it's what I love to do.

I'm going to be printing out my resume and looking for work elsewhere regardless of how things turn out, but I'll keep camming part time If I can keep my connection.

If I'm going to receive my payout, I need to make 6,000 tokens in the next 4 days.

I will be doing 2,000 token countdowns to cum shows in public chat for the next 4 days, in the hopes that maybe I can complete a countdown for once.

I've been in situations where I feared that Sprint would cut off my phone/internet, and I've gotten on the phone with them and have gotten a 5-7 day extension. I realize that the majority of MFC models get paid on the 1st and 16th of every month, but you can try to get on daily pay (there's info on it in the Models Only section).

If camming is what you love to do, maybe try other sites and look into getting daily pay with MFC and/or the other cam sites. I know that a lot of models have had difficulties with MFC (and having to stress over a cam score sucks) but have done much better on Streamate, which is another high traffic site.

Cam sites with daily pay: MyFreeCams, Streamate, and AdultWork (UK site).

Use Twitter and MFC news feeds to your advantage, announcing when you'll be on cam and advertising your raffles, contests, token offers. Maybe do a 3 or 4 day Skype raffle that ends when the MFC pay period ends, or do a special offer on videos (or sexy pictures) and have it end when the pay period ends.

I really hope that everything works out for you soon...especially since you love camming. I'm going to PM you a link to something. :)

Shelterlight,

it saddens me to think you might have to quit before I have a chance to watch you live. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts on here, and felt you've been on your way towards becoming a beacon of wisdom.

Keep trying, and call for an extension from the company. Explain that you make your living on the internet. Good luck!

im sorry you are going through rough times. if you dont want to cam anymore i can understand that but if its not that you want a different job i would suggest getting on a different site. im inferring that you are talking about chaturbate because their wire payout is very high so what i would do right now if i were you is email shirley and let her know that you really need a manual wire the payouts are cutoff in 3 days and it can take a while to hear from her so message her on chaturbates twitter too and keep with it til you get a reply. she will do it for you im sure cause she did it for me. i think i made 700 of the 1000 i needed to make which is what it seems like you made too. while thats going on go take a look at chaturbates stats of their top 10. they suck. noone is making much money on there at all. so i would suggest moving yourself to mfc or to streamate from then on. i can relate i was on mfc and the 3 regulars who were essentially paying all my bills stopped coming around and i was nervous to move to sm so i put it off. i couldnt pay my rent and eventually had to break lease. when i finally got on sm i started making consistent money again.

Just thought I would give everyone an update on how I'm doing. I'm doing both better an worse than I expected. I'm up to $888 out of the $1000 that I need for a payout (that's counting from last pay period too becuase I missed that one).
I had a very good night on cam last night, partially thanks to an (or maybe 2) anon tipster(s). For which I am so very grateful.
Still a bit anxious though. I'm not doing nearly so well today. I've decided to pull an all nighter in the hopes that I may beat my countdown, that I lowered by 500 tokens in the hopes a smaller number might get more people to at least hang out in my room.
I'm worried that if I can't do well today, I'll do just as bad tomorrow and the next day.
I know in the end these things have a way of working themselves out. I know that no matter what happens everything will be fine, but it's still driving me nuts.

Thanks for the good advice everyone, and for all the support. It means a lot. I have already asked for an extension from my internet provider, that's how I'm online now. They cut me off yesterday, but after some desperate begging they took pity on me and let me have some more time, that's all I will get before I pay them off though.
I'm on MFC right now, not chaturbate. I can only use one or the other at a time, there's no way in hell that I would ever make $2000 in a pay period :(

I just wish that cheques weren't so awful to deal with for me. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to get here, and then 15 business days for the bank to let me have it. I would be better off waiting until the next pay period...

Anyway that's my update/vent
Thanks so much everyone

TLDR: I'm still kinda nervous. Thanks for caring and for good advice.

My guy just talked to me, and he's scared. And now I'm scared o0
I never should have taken the day before yesterday off, no matter how sick I was. I'm promising myself I won't show it on cam, but I'm terrified and I feel like I'm going to cry. I really don't think I can make the last 2200 tokens or so in so little time. A few minutes I was confident, and now I'm almost falling apart.
Camming sure is a rollercoaster

ShelterLight said:
I never should have taken the day before yesterday off, no matter how sick I was. I'm promising myself I won't show it on cam, but I'm terrified and I feel like I'm going to cry. I really don't think I can make the last 2200 tokens or so in so little time. A few minutes I was confident, and now I'm almost falling apart.

what is your twitter account hon? do you have one?
I'd love to promote you a little..

Miss_Lollipop said:
ShelterLight said:

what is your twitter account hon? do you have one?
I'd love to promote you a little..

It's @ShelterLight
and thankyou :)

Sorry for being a crazy ball and anxiety guys. I don't mean to bring everyone down or seem like an attention whore... Actually... I'm a little embarrassed that I said so much. :oops:

LacieLaPlante said:
If you're interested can you let me know maybe on twitter (I just followed you) when you might get on chaturbate? I have like 1k tokens that I will NEVER cash out and I'd love to give them to you.

This is a super sweet offer, and I really do appreciate it, but I've been on MFC for this pay period.
It would probably be better if you found someone else deserving on there, as it's MFC tokens that I need.
Thank you so much though! :)

ShelterLight, did you read the info I gave you on daily pay? I had sent you a pm the other day. :)

The_Brown_Fox said:
ShelterLight, did you read the info I gave you on daily pay? I had sent you a pm the other day. :)

I've been thinking about daily pay, but the best way for me to get paid is wire transfer so I don't have to wait. I'll go back and look at it again for more info.

Do they send checks? I can't find the thread about it.

ShelterLight said:
I've been thinking about daily pay, but the best way for me to get paid is wire transfer so I don't have to wait. I'll go back and look at it again for more info.

Do they send checks? I can't find the thread about it.

I thought wire transfer payouts have a big fee that goes along with it, and that you have to earn like a minimum of $1,000 for that payment method. I thought I heard that about one/some of the cam sites, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the daily pay options for U.S. members are Payoneer (money sent to your Payoneer card daily) or ACH deposits into a bank account. EDIT: I just checked your MFC profile and saw that you're in Canada.

I'm going to PM you again, but this time it's going to be a long list of links to daily pay info. :) I have a long list so far but want to check to see what other links I can add on to it. I'll PM you in a few minutes.

i believe to get dailypay you have to sign up through a "studio" account, correct?

SHELTER! good luck today! YOU CAN DO IT, stick it out and you will be so proud of yourself, and so will all of us! I'll tweet at you, give us a post here if/when you get on !

This thread is the internet equivalent of that episode of The Simpsons where Ned Flanders is about to lose the Leftorium (that's the left-handed store, yo) but then all the townsfolk get together and buy stuff from his store so he can stay in business. It's a beautiful thing :)

KarmelKiss said:
mynameisbob84 said:
And on a COMPLETELY unrelated note ( :? ), how does one offline tip someone who isn't on their Friends List?
http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/tip.php?request=tip :)

Ooh, where did you find that? When I go through that linkit claims I only have 35 tokens. Which is a lie. A lie I tell thee. If I navigate to that page from my account though, it might work properly.

EDIT: Never mind. I worked it out (no thanks to MFC's poopy poopy offline tipping set-up). Ta, chick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.