AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm starting on streamate! I need a few pointers, though..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2016
So, with a few hours of consideration, I've decided to just start working on streamate. I'll be signing up once my period is over (TMI, but just didn't want you guys to think i was procrastinating lol)

I, however, have a few questions that some more experienced models could possibly help me with?:

1.) My computer upload speed is less than 1.00
I think it's around 0.60 or 0.72
Will this make a big difference?
(I will not... I repeat, I will NOT be able to buy a faster internet connection. I know this.)

2.) What is the shortest amount of time I should broadcast in one session, and what is the longest? Is 30 minutes way too short and is 4 hours way too long to be logged in?

3.) This is less of a camming or streamate question, and more of a twitter question... but can you set up state georestrictions on twitter? I want 2 states blocked. (usa)

4.) Is it a bad idea to wait ONE minute into a private session before showing pussy?

I hope I can help with some stuff.

2-- I think 30 minutes is way too short. I'd try at least an 1-2 hours minimum for the first session. When I first started on on SM I'd be frustrated if I didn't get a private in 30 mins and log off and looking back I realize I was shooting myself down before even trying fully since if you're new not a lot of guys know who you are and you need to make yourself availible.

3-- Nope I think the most you can do is make your tweets protected from the public

4-- Since members don't get charged the first 30 seconds, I try not to do anything too revealing unless I know they're going to stay. I usually will spend the first few minutes teasing with my panties on/shaking my butt then show pussy. I think most guys (who are willing to pay anyways) expect some teasing first oddly enough. The few times I just got down to buisness they were like "wow you're fast!" or "can you put your thong on and tease a little while longer?" XD In my experience, some of the guys who demand pussy right away don't stay that long.

Why did you give me a troll attempt? She has helped other people on here with stuff relating to Streamate.
I was just trying to be helpful.

I'm super sorry, I thought you were trying to be sarcastic (i.e. 'why don't you just go to streamate for streamate issues' 'ever heard of google')

Changed to a hug, I feel bad now lol

(I will not... I repeat, I will NOT be able to buy a faster internet connection. I know this.)

Eek, I would worry about this. Go to speedtest.net and see what the real upload speed is. I know a long time ago (this was on MFC), when I would do C2C privates with a model my upload speed (which was about 1.5mbps) hindered my side of things... it was laggy, audio wasn't in sync, etc.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: alegendawaits
So, with a few hours of consideration, I've decided to just start working on streamate. I'll be signing up once my period is over (TMI, but just didn't want you guys to think i was procrastinating lol)

I, however, have a few questions that some more experienced models could possibly help me with?:

2.) What is the shortest amount of time I should broadcast in one session, and what is the longest? Is 30 minutes way too short and is 4 hours way too long to be logged in?

3.) This is less of a camming or streamate question, and more of a twitter question... but can you set up state georestrictions on twitter? I want 2 states blocked. (usa)

4.) Is it a bad idea to wait ONE minute into a private session before showing pussy?

So, there are a lot of red flags in your post and I think you should carefully consider the information I'm going to tell you before you begin working on SM.

1 - This is a HUGE red flag. SM penalizes you for not having a good internet connection (and further penalizes you for not having a HD stream, which I don't think you can do with that connection) so you will likely not even be on the first page of SM with this kind of internet speed. This will severely hinder your private and gold show opportunities you get. Not only that, customers do not appreciate a laggy feed that they are paying for (and rightfully so). Honestly, I wouldn't start on SM unless you can get a stable, higher connection.

2 - In my opinion, you should broadcast 2 hours at the bare minimum. Ideally, more like 3 hours. 4 hours is good and certainly not too long at all to be logged in.

3 - You cannot set geo-restrictions on Twitter. This is another red flag, to me. Please, if you are worried about anyone in your life finding out that you cam, it's best to not cam. Anyone these days can easily bypass geo-restrictions you set by using a VPN service. In my opinion, it's not even worth it to set geo-restrictions anywhere. It's a false sense of security for the model. This also goes for setting geo-restrictions on cam. You will have even less private and gold show opportunities on SM by geo-restricting it. As well, keep in mind that many of your cam shows can and will be recorded and posted everywhere on the internet. Much of the time, they are impossible to take down. SM themselves records and distributes your shows to their affiliates, for example. All these recordings, of course, will be accessible to the entire world without any kind of geo-restriction.

4 - It isn't a bad idea at all to wait one minute. As @Carmita Bonita stated, wait at least 30 seconds before doing anything, as the first 30 seconds is free.

Hope this helps!

(1) Yikes! Yes, your upload speed will make a big difference in your stream quality in addition to other factors such as placement.

I'd advise 1.0-1.5mbps upload speed at the very least... if you plan on broadcasting in HD via either of our Encoder options, that is. Streaming with your current upload speed is do-able, but you likely will need to downgrade your settings to the Medium or Lower option if you attempt the Encoder (FMLE Encoder or SMBroadcast).

I'm not sure what type of computer you are using, but we recently made some improvements to our SMBroadcast encoding software that will allow you to broadcast in HD even with less-than-ideal Internet speed/slower computer/etc- I'd encourage you to explore this route first. You can download the SMBroadcast software (that was built by Streamate as a replacement for FMLE) here: https://streamatehelp.com/smbroadcast-encoder/ . If you are using slower equipment/slower Internet connection, it may take a bit longer during the initial calibration process with this software, so just be patient. ;)

If that doesn't work, then you can try the "HD - High" or "HD - Low" option under the 'Quality' drop-down menu of your SM chat interface (see ATTACHED PIC).
... hopefully you are not too confused or overwhelmed! Feel free to contact me directly and I can work with you one-on-one. Once you get the right option nailed down that best suits your equipment and Internet speed, you'll be golden.

(2) Great question! Well, at very very minimum, I'd suggest streaming no less than 20-30 minutes per session. I say this because that's about as long as it takes for our system to get an accurate read on your live stats. It will also delegate your placement based on your live stats and other factors at that time. I totally get it though- our schedules can be hectic sometimes, but if you have at least a half-hour to spare, I'd say logging in for at least that long will be beneficial.

Longest? It depends on what's going on when you are logged in, as well as your personal goals. 4 hours, as you mentioned, sounds reasonable. It's just a matter of finding your sweet spot.

Consider the activity while you are logged in: the better placement will come with consistency of time spent online, more paid shows/more time spent in paid chat and successful Gold Shows among other things. I certainly wouldn't want to hinder you from staying logged in, but I'd encourage you to listen to your instincts and pay attention to how you are feeling. If you're just not feeling it and you're only into your first hour online, then log off and wait until you're feeling up for it to log back in again. If anything, this may help you to avoid feeling burned out and will also make for a better experience for both yourself and your guests.

As a new model, I'd highly suggest setting a firm schedule during your first week on cam and sticking to it. During your second week, re-assess your schedule and build-upon or make cuts as you feel are necessary. Build a camming schedule that is realistic for your personal needs.

(3) I agree with Carmita--- I believe you can only make your Tweets 'private'. Geo-restrictions on Twitter aren't a thing, to my knowledge. : (

(4) That's not a bad idea at all, and I think is a common practice. Your guests will not be billed for the first 30 seconds of Paid Chat, so a little bit of teasing is apropos.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Quality Drop Down Menu - HD HIGH AND LOW.jpg
    Quality Drop Down Menu - HD HIGH AND LOW.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
Princess Mika has good advice here. Although Streamate georestrictions are as good as anyone else's version of them, there are some inherent problems with the technology itself, that prevent it from being 100% effective.

Best of luck either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.