AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype

PunkInDrublic said:
rwesmill said:
Offering goods or services without delivering (regardless of your personal excuse) or at least offering your customer a refund or alternative substitute of equal value...is...scamming. I don't think it can get any more black and white than that. She knows what she's offered, she KNOWS I've been pm'ing her and willfully avoiding me, and she KNOWS she has no intention to follow through with what she offered. Its simply a spur of the moment lure scheme to get big fish to bite. Nothing more, nothing less.
Agreed. Has nothing to do with anxiety or any other made up excuses. Just a lazy scammer being lazy.

I dont think Evvie was implying THIS particular girl was anything but, its pretty clear she is a cheat.
I think she was just offering an explanation as to why SOME girls may be late on content. Even in that case, the model should offer something else! Theres no excuse to just say NOTHING to the member

Jessi said:
I dont think Evvie was implying THIS particular girl was anything but, its pretty clear she is a cheat.
I think she was just offering an explanation as to why SOME girls may be late on content. Even in that case, the model should offer something else! Theres no excuse to just say NOTHING to the member
Yeah I know she isn't defending this model. And yeah a responsible model will find a way to make good with the member.

I think the plumber analogy is perfect. If you paid for something that was offered and scheduled with TOKENS, you should receive what was agreed upon. If she's not going to do it, her reason does NOT matter. The fact that it will cost her more to give back the tokens does NOT matter. I tried very hard to read this and join the side of the camgirls' (I even hoped perhaps he'd tipped before asking for Skype time, but that doesn't seem to be the case), but c'mon ladies. The idea that it might cut into her making money the next day is nuts. Many dudes have jobs that take up most of their time as well. What about the time he's set aside for her? If you get anxiety over Skype, don't offer it.

Kradek said:
yossarian said:
Maybe to avoid confusion, a model might put some language on her profile that says "If you tip me for something I didn't advertise without asking me first, I reserve the right not to do it and no refund will be provided."
This message brought to you by the same folks that put "do not ingest" on rat poison.

At some point you just have to accept that stupid people are stupid.

My favorite was the hair dryer that was labeled "Do not use in the shower."

Okay, well, being the fair guy that I am, I feel it is my duty to update this thread.

Today, after her second time logging in for the afternoon, I finally caught her on. Asked politely in her room ONE final time asking why she'd been ignoring pm's, and that I've been extremely patient but completely clueless as to why she'd do so. She got a bit on the defensive, and promptly left to grab a slew of 'medication' boxes, naming each of them...while vehemently reiterating she's been sick. I told her I'd been more than understanding, and hope she felt better, but was quite put off on why she'd been completely ignoring every single pm and tipnote from her past 3 sessions, dating back to before her 'sick leave.'

Well, low and behlod, a last ditch, polite reminder before she logged out finally triggered a pm response. She then went on a long list of why she'd been so distant/non existant on her responses, and apologized several times. She then tentatively suggested a future day for our skype, and I thankfully obliged.

Now, I know we haven't performed the skype just 'yet', so I do not want to get my hopes up at all for something that I've already been pretty put off on...but at least it's 'something.'

Again, I want to be completely fair here on both sides of the story, so perhaps she's really not intentionally scamming and just overtly lazy/tacky when it comes to replies.

I shall keep this thread updated, but thanks to all the respondents thus far!

This is why I don't do custom vids/picsets or sell skype times. Exactly what Evvie said, with the whole it eats into time in my week that's set aside for other things (because I don't do them often enough to set aside time for them), and it fucks with my earning potential, and it fucks with my stress levels. I know that I'm not reliable when it comes to doing things that I've promised unless it's while I'm logged in to the site. (If I say that I'll do something in private, then I'll do it in private. If I say I'll do it for a tip, I do it if you've tipped. But I'm really fucking bad at "I'll make that for you." "I'll clean that." "I'll exercise". "I'll write". Even if someone's already paid for it. And I don't know why.

So yeah, not doing.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Honestly, I just think... it is the same as any profession/service.

If you screw up for a legit reason (including NOT BEING in the mood... which is a legit reason when we sell sex) you refund. Completely.

I know its not the 'done' thing on mfc.. but..yeah. if you CANNOT provide the service agreed upon, for whatever reason ... you give the guy his money back.

those of you asking about refunds.. I've asked mfc to refund tokens 6 times. Every. single.time. they have done so.

They bitch about it, but they did it.

yossarian said:
Kradek said:
yossarian said:
Maybe to avoid confusion, a model might put some language on her profile that says "If you tip me for something I didn't advertise without asking me first, I reserve the right not to do it and no refund will be provided."
This message brought to you by the same folks that put "do not ingest" on rat poison.

At some point you just have to accept that stupid people are stupid.

My favorite was the hair dryer that was labeled "Do not use in the shower."
I have a manual for a minidisk recorder I bought in Japan years ago, simply for the fact that the manual has a diagram of a person washing the minidisk recorder in the kitchen sink, with bubbles, and then a line through it (ie DON'T wash your expensive electrical item in the sink).

rwesmill said:
Okay, well, being the fair guy that I am, I feel it is my duty to update this thread.

Today, after her second time logging in for the afternoon, I finally caught her on. Asked politely in her room ONE final time asking why she'd been ignoring pm's, and that I've been extremely patient but completely clueless as to why she'd do so. She got a bit on the defensive, and promptly left to grab a slew of 'medication' boxes, naming each of them...while vehemently reiterating she's been sick. I told her I'd been more than understanding, and hope she felt better, but was quite put off on why she'd been completely ignoring every single pm and tipnote from her past 3 sessions, dating back to before her 'sick leave.'

Well, low and behlod, a last ditch, polite reminder before she logged out finally triggered a pm response. She then went on a long list of why she'd been so distant/non existant on her responses, and apologized several times. She then tentatively suggested a future day for our skype, and I thankfully obliged.

Now, I know we haven't performed the skype just 'yet', so I do not want to get my hopes up at all for something that I've already been pretty put off on...but at least it's 'something.'

Again, I want to be completely fair here on both sides of the story, so perhaps she's really not intentionally scamming and just overtly lazy/tacky when it comes to replies.

I really hope to hear that she follows through!

And I want to be completely honest on how I feel about this stupid plumber reference which has caused such a stir:

#1. Models are not even close to plumbers. Our butt-cracks are WAY sexier. ;)

But #2. It is basically the same concept. If you pay for something and don't get it, then the person who took your payment is an ass. It doesn't matter if you paid to see a girl flippin' her flopper or to have your sink repaired.

I do think it's easier for a plumber to fix your sink than it is for a model to follow through on a custom or skype show for two reasons.

Plumbers have this amazing thing called an office where they schedule their day out for them. As a former cable tech, I can definitely vouch for how much nicer and easier it is when someone else plans your day for you. I wish I had someone to plan everything for me. If I woke up at 5 every morning knowing I had to get 6 jobs done, I would be frantic. But it was fine, my office would send me a nice little list to my phone and it was all suddenly so easy. Models have to figure it all out on their own. I know this isn't the case with her, but many models are young and have never had to manage a schedule with responsibilities like this before. Or if a plumber doesn't have an office doing his scheduling, then at the very least, he has a much easier to manage schedule, as he technically won't get paid unless he does a job. Even if the job is pre-paid.

The money you have paid to that plumbing company, that's a liability to them until they render the service. There's laws like that. Assuming they're not sleazy, they can't spend that money until they fix your sink. It doesn't contribute to their net income at the end of the year, so it doesn't increase the equity in their company.

A model doesn't have to worry about all those accounting standards, because the site considers any tokens given to be earned. :/ Money is a crazy motivator, and plumbers don't get their money until they earn it. The shitty way the site works for the member, is that the model earns it when you send her a "just-because" tip.

The model who accepts money and doesn't deliver is an awful person, but it's still not the same as a regular service-industry position!
Okay, maybe she's not an awful person, but she did make a mistake in not making good on her promises.

rwesmill said:

Thanks for keeping us updated but I will say that she is just stringing you along now. It is within the realm of possibility that she will give you the Skype show at some tentative future date but if I were in your shoes there is not way I would want the show now. Reason being is that she wont be in the mood ever for the show since she sees you as the one to call her on her bullshit and I would never be in the mood knowing that she really just hoped I would go away and not say anything.

Evvie as usual was spot on for a possible motivation on why some cam models do this. I have posited in other threads a somewhat similar motivation but which is more pessimistic. The vast majority of members will not complain if they feel they are being scammed. Especially if they have a friendly relationship with the model. While you may see a few complaints on the models profile or in the room. I would guess that is small percent of the actual members wondering when their video or skype time will be paid. Most members are probably too embarrassed to confront the model about it or bring it up on a message board or in the models room for fear of upsetting their "friend" or just feeling stupid because they were duped.

Keep us updated if you do not mind. I hope that I am just being overly cynical and you will receive what you paid for and be happy with it. :twocents-02cents:

Thank you all so much for your kind, yet realistic words. Seriously!

Yes, I am approaching this all with a grain of salt and a strict level of pessimism. 'Once bitten, twice shy,' as they say.

The 'small percentage of members that won't call a model out on unfulfilled promises' thing is an interesting angle. Honestly, it would not surprise me. To be 100% honest, if this were for an amount like 200 tokens or less, I probably would not have exerted the effort to even type a keystroke, let alone take the time to perform an extensive google search on 'mfc model scams.'

I've been a platinum member on mfc for a good; oh, 3 years now...and have seen it all. However, I have never, EVER been duped or scammed on a skype show or private. And, as in most cases, naivety lends itself to an open wallet. I've tipped Kara quite a bit in the past and taken her private on numerous occasions, and she'd been nothing short of a sweetheart. Which was all the more reason for my quick mood change.

BUT. I am never one to air someone out if they eventually make good on their word. So if she does indeed follow through, then I shall revoke my initial assertion as 'NIGERIAN SCAM' in favor of a more jovial: 'really, REALLY freaking undependable...buyer beware.'

Now, if only Extenze caplet bottles would follow suit...

Evvie said:
My own comment...

Plenty of models take money for videos/skype because the money is there and available, don't really want to do the video/skype, and then feel anxious when the member begins to actually ask for what he paid for.

As the models say they are trying to "find time" or "get ready" or "get in the mood" for the video/skype (that they don't want to do in the first place), the member begins to feel upset that it's been 3 weeks without any news and places pressure on her to hold up her end of the deal.

The model then tells herself that he's being an impatient asshole, and that if that's the kind of attitude he has then he's the jerk that can screw off - therefore successfully turning the honest, paying member in to the bad guy and relieving herself of all emotional burden, plus also she gets to keep $70.

This may sound convoluted but I assure you, it is not. It is extremely common and I've seen models feel that it's okay for members to wait months upon months for what they pay for because they "can't find the motivation" to deliver - and models who get paid hundreds upon hundreds of dollars and then decide to put the member in his place, ban him, and move on when he keeps asking for his skype show weeks later.

I would like to clarify that, from an objective standpoint, this is obviously just plain stealing. However, from an emotional/mental standpoint, it is very easy to see the model's side of things - whether or not you necessarily agree.

People just really hate pressure in general. And, money that was given to you five days ago, that you now safely have in your pocket, is surprisingly not a great motivator for you to do something today. Also understand that for many models, it is a daily struggle to earn their goals and it's tough to take an hour or two out of your day to skype with someone who tipped you three weeks ago - because that money sure isn't earning any goals today. It turns in to a cycle where models, already being given money, feel a combination of apathy (because they've already earned the tip) and stress (because the member wants delivery on the product) that turns in to a giant momentum-less anxiety hairball, which they will either ignore entirely (by ignoring the member or staying off cam altogether) or confront (either by telling the member to go screw himself if he can't indefinitely until she feels ready to work; or, sometimes, by doing the skype show). And this happens all the time with models considered to be good, honest, et cetera.

Imo, it's just something that happens, which is probably a big reason so many guys have trouble deciding to spend on new models. Heck, I've done it myself. To be honest, if she doesn't want to do the skype show, you're boned. Regardless of her motivation, or whether or not she's a blatant thief, you can't win.

Great post, Evvie.

I'd like to add that I, too, have been boned on Skype shows in the past. I've been owed shows from 2 separate models for over a year. But, they always find some excuse when it is brought up. "Oh, didn't we already do it?" No, check your Skype history, it tells you when you have done calls and IMs. "Well, I'm trying to make my goal today." That's all fine and dandy, how about when you log off? "I have to do something after I log off." Obviously. One of them tried pulling the "well, you never collected on it" card, which I was like BECAUSE YOU NEVER FULFILLED YOUR END!

So, needless to say, neither of those models has gotten any of my tokens in over a year.

Ironically, the one who tried to pull the you never collected card, to this day, STILL sends me Skype messages asking if I want to buy a show on Skype from her, through Paypal. And when I bring up the fact she still owes me one, she quickly logs off Skype.

Now, more recently, I had made a deal with a model, but I couldn't find the time when we'd both be available. So we came to an arrangement of videos and such instead. That's all fine. She doesn't normally do them, but I offered to help her reach her big goal for the night in exchange for one. She was willing to do the show, but it all came down to me not having the time when we'd both be awake or online but her not on MFC at similar times. This was also done all through PMs, the initial arrangement, so no one in the room knew about it; nor did she have a topic offering Skype shows.

I've also been owed 2 shows from 2 other models for the past few months. The one I have been friends with for a while, and I brought it up the other night. She said she knows, and she promised we'd do it in Early September. The other one has been kind of dragging me along, though, which has been getting annoying.

Bottom line, though, is if a model isn't willing to do the Skype show, she shouldn't put it in her topic. Dragging a member who has paid the tokens for a Skype show along for months or longer isn't any way to do business. If she's doing them for quick camscore boosts, then she should be willing to do them that day or at least within the next 24 hours. The longer she ends up waiting to do the Skype show, the bigger chance she'll decide she doesn't actually need to do it; especially, since as Evvie said, those tokens are already paid out, so they're not helping her goals down the line.

For members, if you pay for a Skype show, try to get it done as fast as possible. I know a few models who log out for the Skype shows pretty much as soon as they get the tokens. Look for models like that if you really want to do a show on Skype. Because you know they'll do it. Or look for ones who make arrangements immediately, even if it is for a few days later during a time they know they're normally free. Don't always go for cheap Skype prices, though... if they don't log out as soon as they get the tokens and tell the room they're going Skype, it's not always guaranteed to be something they'll always go through with.

Also, if you want one, look for models that you've heard follow through.

However, at the same time, it's not something to bring up every time you see the model if you're owed one. Maybe if the show has taken a week or more give a reminder, in PM or nonpublic tip note. Don't sound impatient by mentioning it every day. But also don;t let it completely slide if it is taking a while. And if it is taking too long, well, simply stop tipping her; and if she wonders why you used to tip but stopped, remind her that you paid for something and she hasn't delivered. If that doesn't bring her around, then simply stop even visiting her room.

I understand the appeal of the Skype shows, though. Better camera quality (provided you both have enough bandwidth, I did one show with a model and it ended up not being as good as even MFC's quality because her bandwidth dropped, but I didn't want to seem rude about it so I continued with it), no lag if you both want to hear each other, more intimate than even a true private/exclusive (site dependent). But, they're not always the best of deals for members or models.

Evvie said:
Sevrin said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
Honestly, I just think... it is the same as any profession/service.

If you screw up for a legit reason (including NOT BEING in the mood... which is a legit reason when we sell sex) you refund. Completely.

I know its not the 'done' thing on mfc.. but..yeah. if you CANNOT provide the service agreed upon, for whatever reason ... you give the guy his money back.
Is there a mechanism for models to refund tokens to member?
Most models I know that refund do it by offering other services equal to the value of tokens... for example, 1400 tokens worth of videos and other, non-skype services. However, actually refunding the tokens will mean she spends 2x-ish the amount as he spent on her and most models I don't think would prefer to do that.

Well, Iris did this for me when she couldn't do my game reviews promo. I had tipped her the promised 300 tokens for the short non-sexual video, then when her camera broke, she refunded me the tokens from her premium account.

While I agree not every model will do so, it's nice to know some do.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot

Meh, her excuse of being sick is complete bullshit.

Too sick to do a skype show, that is owed and way overdue.
But not too sick to get online and rake in more tokens, make similar video and friend add promises, possibly more skype show deals, etc?

I saw her online (today, or yesterday, can't recall). But she was naked and sucking fingers and posing around and begging for tokens.

She seemed fine to me.

UncleThursday said:
I'd like to add that I, too, have been boned on Skype shows in the past.
Did not need that image :violence-shootself:

Kunra9 said:
Meh, her excuse of being sick is complete bullshit.

Too sick to do a skype show, that is owed and way overdue.
But not too sick to get online and rake in more tokens, make similar video and friend add promises, possibly more skype show deals, etc?

I saw her online (today, or yesterday, can't recall). But she was naked and sucking fingers and posing around and begging for tokens.

She seemed fine to me.

I agree that if you're camming and are actually ok.... you're probably ok to do a show! And even if you're not ok with doing a show, I had a Skype show arranged with a regular recently, I was really ill on the morning we'd decided to do it, I felt like having a hot bath, so I came on Skype in the bath. Wasn't a show and I'll still do the show for him when we both have time, but we got around an hour chatting while I was wet and naked. Generally if I owe someone a Skype show, so long as I'm not insanely ill, if they're around I'll pop on Skype for just chat time. If you're looking for a show it's not the best consolation prize, but as you'll still get the show it's an extra.

This whole scenario is exactly why I don't like doing skype. Not the main reason, I cannot stand that it's off site, I hate hearing voices and seeing video so the entire time I'm in one I feel nervous someone's going to try putting video or sound on. I'll do them for trusted regulars, but I like it to be an occasional thing. One of the reasons I am more willing to do them with trusted regulars is if for some reason they cannot do the show when I'm free and the show gets delayed, I know that they'll be around at some point when we're both up for it. At the end of the day they know I'm not going anywhere, and they'll enjoy and want the show just as much in a week, two weeks or a month, as they would at the time. But I don't ever really offer Skypes for tokens, the only times I've offered Skypes to people I've done them either immediately or as soon as possible. If someone throws tokens my way in hopes for a Skype... well it may be bad business practise, but although I'll do the show, it'll have to fit into my schedule, it's more likely for it to take longer than if I'd pre-agreed it. I have a few custom videos that I need to make, but the members who requested them asked for anal (after they'd been paid for), since them buying the vids I haven't been in a position where I have been able to do anal and have had time to make a custom video. Pretty much every time I've been up for anal in the last 2 years camming I've made a video. I've got 3 anal vids, and have done it live a handful of times. It's rare, and in future because of it I'm not going to agree to making another anal custom vid.

It does sound like this model rather than just being disorganised is leading you on. She is possibly thinking of leaving camming, probably has another job and I guess is seeing how much money she can make through passers by in her room as she can. It's a pretty dam awful thing to do if that's what she is doing. Besides her pretty much stealing people's money, what's really bad is models who do this kind of stuff make members sour and wary, meaning that they're more likely to go on and bully a model later on accusing her of being a scammer, when she really does have legit reasons for not performing a show.

mynameisbob84 said:
Re: the "feeling like rape" thing, I'd sincerely hope that's not the case. The key difference I see between doing a Skype show you don't really want to and being raped is that in the latter instance, you have no say in the matter and you're physically forced to do something you don't want to; whereas in the former, you always, always have the choice of ending it whenever you want to, or not doing it at all. Which is a choice rape victims sadly don't have.

This isn't always true, rape victims often get themselves into a situation, as in alone with a person they don't know very well, and then either get physically forced to do something, or emotionally forced. Emotionally forced is when someone is nasty, rude, guilt trips and manipulates someone into doing something or letting them fuck them. I've experienced both of these things, and it's sucked, though I've been subject to various forms of it most of my life, so physical forms of rape don't effect me in the same way they effect other women.
Because I have had that sort of past, and for me it is all emotional and the power trip, if a member were to guilt trip/bully/harass me into doing a skype, it is close enough to it that it triggers memories. If a member does guilt trip/harasses you for a show they've paid for, most models don't know they could ask MFC to send them back their tokens, so yes a model could be forced into doing a Skype if she doesn't dig her heels in, because of the lack of physical it's much harder, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. When I was a newer model I experienced this a few times, since then I have never accepted or done a show when I haven't been physically and mentally ready for it because of this. But many members feel that a model should do a show regardless of when she's in the mood or not. For me personally, I just can't. Mutual sex whether online or in real life is amazing. When it comes from feeling forced or pressured, whether online or in reality it's not so fun. Unless it's role play... then sometimes it can be kind of fun.

What I'm trying to say is you can try and get a refund, and try and sweet talk a girl into performing the Skype you've paid for, but like you wouldn't be able to rape a prostitute because you gave her some money, you also cannot force a camgirl into doing a show if she doesn't want to do it. If she said she'd do the show (or a prostitute said she'd sleep with you) for money then she's in the wrong, she's either scammed you or has some other reason for not doing it, but she's still in the wrong, either way, you either try and get your money back and hope for the best, or be patient in hopes for the show. There isn't any way to force someone into doing sexual acts for you without you ending up being the bad guy.

ComicOzzie said:
Personally speaking, if I went through this much grief trying to arrange a Skype chat with a model, there is no way I could then actually enjoy the chat if the issue was ever resolved. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah, honestly it's going to be tough...but at this point I just want 'something' for what I paid for.

I'm actually starting to side with the consensus in thinking she's just stringing me along right now. Doubt she'll be back at all since it's the end of the month cutoff tomorrow...probably another 3 to 4 week hiatus.

She gave me her email to schedule the skype for tuesday yesterday. Wrote her a polite, understanding message yesterday afternoon...and no reply yet.

Not holding my breath.

Reactions: Jupiter551

rwesmill said:
ComicOzzie said:
Personally speaking, if I went through this much grief trying to arrange a Skype chat with a model, there is no way I could then actually enjoy the chat if the issue was ever resolved. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah, honestly it's going to be tough...but at this point I just want 'something' for what I paid for.

I'm actually starting to side with the consensus in thinking she's just stringing me along right now. Doubt she'll be back at all since it's the end of the month cutoff tomorrow...probably another 3 to 4 week hiatus.

She gave me her email to schedule the skype for tuesday yesterday. Wrote her a polite, understanding message yesterday afternoon...and no reply yet.

Not holding my breath.

I'm with you on getting something out of it. I would not get anything out of the skype show now but I would make sure to just sit there in uncomfortable silence so I at least got some time for my money. :lol:

Doubt she will be gone for 3-4 more weeks unless she is able to make what she wants the last few days of the month. Expect her to log on for some time before the 15th too.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow

ComicOzzie said:
Personally speaking, if I went through this much grief trying to arrange a Skype chat with a model, there is no way I could then actually enjoy the chat if the issue was ever resolved.

I couldn't either... Even if I'd paid for something, if it were something as personal as something sexual, as in something that needs to be mutual, and the other person clearly really didn't want to do it, although I'd be pissed off with them for taking money off me and leading me on, I would not want them to do the show for me. As much as it is probably very frustrating, I think anything sexual is the one thing that you are allowed to change your mind on whenever you want. Kind of different situations but I've gone out with men who I've been flirty with etc, even in moments of feeling horny, possibly kind of drunk I've mentioned doing xyz, sometimes I've never mentioned doing anything, many men get extremely annoyed/pissed off if they feel a girl is going to sleep with them and then changes their mind or just wasn't going to sleep with them at all. I have never seen the point, what is their plan at their point? I can understand their frustration, but are they going to pressure/force the girl into sleeping with them because they feel they are owed sex? I personally can never understand the mentality, the idea of making/pushing someone do sexual stuff when they don't want to, even if they told me they'd do it gives me a really bad feeling. I could not enjoy it.
I think if a girl advertises a show, like in this case, it's more similar to real life stuff as though you'd booked and paid for a prostitute, if she doesn't arrive or you meet up and she doesn't want to do it then you should get your money back.
I think if a guy tips a girl without asking about Skype or pre arranging a show in hope of a show, it's more similar to taking a girl out on a date, buying her food etc hoping for sex. In this situation I think if the girl doesn't do the show, like if a girl didn't have sex on a date, they don't suddenly owe the person their money back, and sometimes in those situations the member needs to be more patient. It's not so much a transaction as an exchanging of gifts.

Isabella_deL said:
ComicOzzie said:
Personally speaking, if I went through this much grief trying to arrange a Skype chat with a model, there is no way I could then actually enjoy the chat if the issue was ever resolved.

I couldn't either... Even if I'd paid for something, if it were something as personal as something sexual, as in something that needs to be mutual, and the other person clearly really didn't want to do it, although I'd be pissed off with them for taking money off me and leading me on, I would not want them to do the show for me. As much as it is probably very frustrating, I think anything sexual is the one thing that you are allowed to change your mind on whenever you want. Kind of different situations but I've gone out with men who I've been flirty with etc, even in moments of feeling horny, possibly kind of drunk I've mentioned doing xyz, sometimes I've never mentioned doing anything, many men get extremely annoyed/pissed off if they feel a girl is going to sleep with them and then changes their mind or just wasn't going to sleep with them at all. I have never seen the point, what is their plan at their point? I can understand their frustration, but are they going to pressure/force the girl into sleeping with them because they feel they are owed sex? I personally can never understand the mentality, the idea of making/pushing someone do sexual stuff when they don't want to, even if they told me they'd do it gives me a really bad feeling. I could not enjoy it.
I think if a girl advertises a show, like in this case, it's more similar to real life stuff as though you'd booked and paid for a prostitute, if she doesn't arrive or you meet up and she doesn't want to do it then you should get your money back.
I think if a guy tips a girl without asking about Skype or pre arranging a show in hope of a show, it's more similar to taking a girl out on a date, buying her food etc hoping for sex. In this situation I think if the girl doesn't do the show, like if a girl didn't have sex on a date, they don't suddenly owe the person their money back, and sometimes in those situations the member needs to be more patient. It's not so much a transaction as an exchanging of gifts.

If I demanded my money back every time I didn't get sex on a date...well, I would be considered a douche and still not have money or sex.

Reactions: LadyLuna

yossarian said:
If I demanded my money back every time I didn't get sex on a date...well, I would be considered a douche and still not have money or sex.

Pretty much... unfortunately I've had quite a few men get really shitty when nothing has happened, especially if they'd spent quite a lot of money on me, even if I hadn't asked for any of it and they'd chosen restaurants etc. Jesus, I've had men buy me one drink before and turn into arseholes if I don't allow them to grope me or go home with them. I dated a guy a few times who wanted to go shopping, we were having lunch close to selfridges so went round there after, he only got me a few cute nightdresses, nothing expensive or designer, but when a few days later I denied his invitation to go to his place he got extremely nasty to me, wanted the dresses back, pretty much accused me of being a prostitute (because I wouldn't have sex with him for a few dresses....?). I refused to give the dresses back as they were a gift, one I never asked for, and told him where to go. I'd never told him I'd have sex with him or ever given him that impression. I hadn't even said I wasn't going to sleep with him, but we'd only been on two dates ffs. By law gifts/meals etc are non refundable. You can't change your mind once they're given.

Jumping the gun in both real life and situations on camsites will make that person seem like an arsehole. Especially in situations where the model does have a legit excuse. Of course a model could say she's ill and a member can choose not to believe them. He could be right or that model could be suffering from a serious illness (which could be why she cannot have a more strenuous/regular job), you just never know. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect, I think it's a good thing to practise forgiveness, patience and empathy. Your money is essentially gone, you have a few paths you can walk down, you can relax, try and understand her situation and forgive her if she doesn't do the show, this route means you might one day get the show or some kind of reimbursement, or maybe it means you can keep a decent relationship with the model. It might just mean you walk away, which if you do, it's best to let go and not leave it in nasty arguments or a forced show.

Or you could push it too much, upset her, maybe get banned altogether, maybe have arguments/upset, maybe find out later her reasons were really legit and feel guilty, you could hold the grudge, hold her to it, possibly force her to do a show that'll make you both uncomfortable, and possibly make you feel guilty in future. You still won't get your money back, but the taste in your mouth would be a lot more sour than it is now. Unfortunately you ended up being scammed in some way, whether it was intentional or not.

Maybe this girl doesn't deserve your money, but... if you think about it, how many times have you watched her and not tipped? Do you have her videos which she sells for so cheap? Have you watched her do performances in public chat where you've barely contributed? 1400 tokens is a decent amount of money, but if you've been able to enjoy this woman, even if you don't get your skype show, is it all that terrible that she has the tokens? They could have gone to some other menial thing, like a take away, alcohol, some other pretty much useless fast way to spend money that doesn't really mean all that much, you could have had the show which'd have been over a month ago if she'd already done it. For your own mentality, is it worth chasing her up on it?

Isabella_deL said:
Maybe this girl doesn't deserve your money, but... if you think about it, how many times have you watched her and not tipped? Do you have her videos which she sells for so cheap? Have you watched her do performances in public chat where you've barely contributed? 1400 tokens is a decent amount of money, but if you've been able to enjoy this woman, even if you don't get your skype show, is it all that terrible that she has the tokens? They could have gone to some other menial thing, like a take away, alcohol, some other pretty much useless fast way to spend money that doesn't really mean all that much, you could have had the show which'd have been over a month ago if she'd already done it. For your own mentality, is it worth chasing her up on it?
Weird way to justify the scammers action. He should let it go because it isn't worth the time not because the model somehow deserves the money. You can make up as many excuses as you want but it all comes down to this model being lazy and unprofessional.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot

PunkInDrublic said:
Weird way to justify the scammers action. He should let it go because it isn't worth the time not because the model somehow deserves the money. You can make up as many excuses as you want but it all comes down to this model being lazy and unprofessional.

It does come down to that, but it's not because the model deserves the money or not, it's that chances are he won't get his money back, especially not without her co-operation. Seeing as as far as myfreecams knows he's already had his show and could just be trying to scam them and her out of money, and it's very difficult to prove the show never happened. Without her speaking up it'd be very difficult to get the tokens back.

Because of that, for his own mentality, he would probably be happier if he found a way to let it go, to count his losses, continue to hope for the show to happen, but not get nasty and rude with her. It's the same with most aspects of life. Holding a grudge or obsessing over lost money has never made me happy. These things happen, they are a part of life. You can either count your losses, but also accept that you've also spent a lot of time browsing myfreecams getting free entertainment, so as much as losing those tokens sucked, you've also gained a fair amount and have saved a fair amount because of the ability to perve for free. Whether she deserves those tokens or isn't so relevant. She has them, he took a risk and tipped them to her hoping for a cheaper show, and he has paid for that risk. Personally if I were him I'd rather my tokens go to a beautiful model I enjoy perving on and have watched when they're online for a period of time than to another form of scammer.

I hope he manages to get her on board and manages to get his tokens back, but as the chances of it happening are slim, I hope he manages to let it go and not feel so bad about the experience. We cannot change people, the only thing we can change is our reactions and how we deal with things. In this situation, the only thing he can do is change how he feels about the situation.

Isabella_deL said:
for his own mentality, he would probably be happier if he found a way to let it go
Yeah and I think I get what you're saying. Bright side the shit out of the situation.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow

Big No to skype shows... thats the lesson :)

So yeah. Pretty much done with the situation.

Emailed her as she instructed me to 4 days ago, and never received a reply back.

Saw her on earlier and wrote her a pm regarding the skype (which she said she'd be available for all day today) and no reply (as usual). I'll be damned if I have to drop another 200 tokens in public pm tipnotes to get her to reply and be dodgy some more.

F- this scamming bitch.

Well sorry things didn't work out for ya.

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up too.

Reactions: Jillybean
Status
Not open for further replies.