AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype

Kunra9 said:
Well sorry things didn't work out for ya.

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up too.

No problem.

Called her out in public chat with the full discourse on my 1400 skype tip and additional ~300 tokens in public tips w/'please check your pm' notes and; of course, she instantly shifted into ragequit mode and made me look like the bad guy...saying 'I can't stand this shit already I told you it was labor day weekend, I haven't fucking checked my email yet!!!'

Then insta-ban.

Hillarious.

Reporting to MFC. Even if I don't get my tokens back, (thanks to a fellow forum member) I may take this up directly with my credit card company. Just trying to figure out how to approach that, considering the subject matter and such. : /

Reactions: Just Me

Witnessed you get banned, and you certainly weren't rude to her.

Having followed the thread myself, I hope you do get it sorted out. For what it's worth, I posted the link to this thread in her public chat. You were civil towards her, and she just went completely nuts at you. I got banned from there myself, but at least with the knowledge this thread exists, she might be willing to come here and explain the situation if she's not willing to do so via your emails. That, or others may have been curious enough to check this out and it might just raise awareness of the potential to scam.

It's a 100% scam though. You mentioned she had said she could do today previously and to email her to set it up. You did all she asked, and she couldn't really be bothered. I'd also doubt this 1 hour vid for 75 tokens exists, and that seemed way too good to be true. She certainly didn't seem ill today though, but then I'm not a doctor.

Hope you get it sorted.

rwesmill said:
I'll be damned if I have to drop another 200 tokens in public pm tipnotes to get her to reply and be dodgy some more.

F- this scamming bitch.

That's right. That would just be wasteful (and silly) when you know there's plenty of other decent, legit models to choose from. Move on to someone better.

yummybrownfox said:
rwesmill said:
I'll be damned if I have to drop another 200 tokens in public pm tipnotes to get her to reply and be dodgy some more.

F- this scamming bitch.

That's right. That would just be wasteful (and silly) when you know there's plenty of other decent, legit models to choose from. Move on to someone better.

Indeed.

Is there any way I can go back and edit the title of my orignial post to include her screenname and 'Myfreecams'? Or perhaps a generous mod with these powers could do so? It would be so greatly appreciated.

I feel that would be much more pertinent and help avoid others who may be interested her in getting taken on her same scamming schemes. Especially since I've noticed ACF has REALLY good google serp ratings for search queries.

Thank you!!

rwesmill said:
yummybrownfox said:
rwesmill said:

F- this scamming bitch.

Indeed.

Is there any way I can go back and edit the title of my orignial post to include her screenname and 'Myfreecams'? Or perhaps a generous mod with these powers could do so? It would be so greatly appreciated.

I feel that would be much more pertinent and help avoid others who may be interested her in getting taken on her same scamming schemes. Especially since I've noticed ACF has REALLY good google serp ratings for search queries.

Thank you!!
Actually you only have a 15-minute window to edit your posts, then they are carved into stone forever unless Amber decides otherwise. :)

Either way, it's not hard to go find her name, I think you mentioned it relatively quickly after your original post in here.

I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you. Mostly because I wanted to believe that she would have some good reason or even if she didn't that she would finally have followed through by now. :/

And sorry, but I have to laugh at thinking of being the customer service rep in the fraud department of your credit card company. :lol: It reminds me of all the guys who's TVs I had to fix and the tech notes said, "adult ppv not working, no billing issue." HAHAH!

Interestingly, looking back, they were all really reasonable, nice men. Hmmm. :)

Reactions: rwesmill

rwesmill said:
Kunra9 said:

No problem.

Called her out in public chat with the full discourse on my 1400 skype tip and additional ~300 tokens in public tips w/'please check your pm' notes and; of course, she instantly shifted into ragequit mode and made me look like the bad guy...saying 'I can't stand this shit already I told you it was labor day weekend, I haven't fucking checked my email yet!!!'

Then insta-ban.

Hillarious.

Reporting to MFC. Even if I don't get my tokens back, (thanks to a fellow forum member) I may take this up directly with my credit card company. Just trying to figure out how to approach that, considering the subject matter and such. : /

I really am sorry this happened to you and it is a really shitty thing for a model to do.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that if you get a refund issued to you through your credit card company that MFC blacklists you from buying tokens ever again. That's just a possibility to be aware of if you decide to go that route.

Jillybean said:
rwesmill said:
yummybrownfox said:
rwesmill said:

F- this scamming bitch.

Indeed.

Thank you!!
Actually you only have a 15-minute window to edit your posts, then they are carved into stone forever unless Amber decides otherwise. :)

Either way, it's not hard to go find her name, I think you mentioned it relatively quickly after your original post in here.

I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you. Mostly because I wanted to believe that she would have some good reason or even if she didn't that she would finally have followed through by now. :/

And sorry, but I have to laugh at thinking of being the customer service rep in the fraud department of your credit card company. :lol: It reminds me of all the guys who's TVs I had to fix and the tech notes said, "adult ppv not working, no billing issue." HAHAH!

Interestingly, looking back, they were all really reasonable, nice men. Hmmm. :)

Thank you again for the kind words. I only asked for the original thread title edit because, it would most likely be first, second, or third result on google if anyone typed in ... myfreecams.' As it stands now, even though ... and scam do appear several times throughout the thread body, it does not appear on any google search for those same terms. This is because google places main emphasis on thread titles in terms of their ranking formula. Sorry, that's just my OCD in dabbling with web design and SERP ratings for several years now. : /

I just noticed today that she has her profile comments section disabled. Ha, coincidence much?

NoelleBright said:
rwesmill said:
Kunra9 said:

No problem.

Then insta-ban.

Hillarious.

I really am sorry this happened to you and it is a really shitty thing for a model to do.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that if you get a refund issued to you through your credit card company that MFC blacklists you from buying tokens ever again. That's just a possibility to be aware of if you decide to go that route.

And that, my friend, is where the catch 22 arises. Due to the fact the tokens were purchased directly through mfc, most likely means that any sort of chargeback attempt would mean mfc either a) blacklists that credit card and subsequent purchase attempts, or b) closes down that mfc account altogether, or c) all of the above.

Which is exactly what I do not want to happen. Heck, I would have had more recourse going through paypal instead. This whole situation reaks of fail. My best, and ironically worst, chance would lie in her refunding me directly herself, or telling mfc to do so on her behalf. I'd have a better chance getting her to do a skype show for tokens. Oops, see what I did thar. o.0

I actually wrote her a lengthy email (which she'll probably intentionally never read, as well) with a catchy title to the gmail.com account she gave me (probably hasn't been used in years lol):

"...,

I have been MORE than nice and patient with you regarding this matter. Tipped 1400 for a 20 minute skype show back on August 8th. Ok, fine. You stated you were sick for weeks. I was patient. You returned 3 weeks later on mfc doing public shows (I assume you were more than capable to do a 20 minute non hardcore skype show if you're more than capable of being on cam on mfc, simple logic would reason that).

I sent you an ADDITIONAL almost 300 tokens, being the nice guy that I am, in public chat tip notes since your 4th appearance on mfc SINCE your sick leave, and only once received a pm reply. The rest went completely ignored, and I have the logs of all of them.

Now, you will probably counter with yet another excuse regarding you having too many pm's to go through. Well, if that's the case, then I should have never paid for pm privildges. And yes, I paid 200 freaking tokens with NO video bonuses back in the day before you offered the special. So I'd assume my hard earned money would actually gain me some kind of 5 second reply instead of me typing my ass off to be completely ignored.

Somehow, as expected, you managed to completely turn the situation around on ME like YOU'RE the victim today in chat by banning me. Yes, I'm a totally impatient a-hole who paid nearly $150 for a skype show almost 5 weeks ago and I'm the loser here.

So now, you've banned me, kept my money, and I guess you laugh all the way to the bank. You never wanted to do the show in the first place, so I don't even know why you offered it. I've taken you private in the past and given you lots of my hard earned money only to be scammed and left disappointed at what zero effort you've put towards fulfilling your promise.

Can you sleep at night? I imagine you can, but like the old saying goes...what goes around comes around.

At this point, all I ask is you either send me the 1400 tokens back to my legluva87 mfc account, or write a message to mfc asking them to transfer the tokens back to my account on your behalf. If you plan on keeping the money AND not doing the skype show, well then kudos to you for being scum of the earth.

But please, for all intensive purposes, don't try and play yourself as the innocent victim in this case. You KNOW I've been WAY more nice, patient, and understanding with you than I should have been. Which is all the more infuriating for me.

I await your reply, but I'm 99% I'll never get one, as usual. If you don't do the right thing, then expect me to go to great lengths to expose this story via other mfc members and google search results. I don't like being scammed, and I sure as hell know you wouldn't either.

-Rich"

/endstalkerGrudgemode

Reactions: LadyLuna

ComicOzzie said:
talktomeanytime said:
Big No to skype shows... thats the lesson :)

Umm, no.

I agree on the umm, no part. Some of my best times with model friends have been skype shows. We often talk a little before and after, but they only use the actual show as part of the time (unless they are doing them directly after getting a tip type thing, then we skip the pre-talk and 'cuddle time' talk).

The better camera quality and the near no lag audio alone is worth it, to me; even if the prices of said skypes were just as if not more expensive than the true private cost on MFC.

I'm not saying I'd spend that much on a model I simply perv just for Skype, but for models that I consider friends and perv on, sure. For more random or perv only models, it has to seem like a good deal for me on one hand plus the camscore boost on her end.

And, just like how I am with privates, I look to be able to Skype for at least 15-20 minutes of just the show. When I took one friend Skype and paid for half an hour, she was kind of shocked I wanted the show to go that long... but we both ended up feeling quite... happier... at the end of it. ;)

Mission partly accomplished.
I haven't been following the thread that closely, so I wasn't aware of the model's name. But this week I noticed her and she is definitely very hot.
She had some deal about video which got my attention. I am trying to stop my habit of buying videos just cause they are deals, but I did put her on my friends list with the intention of checking her out more and probably buying her videos, especially if she had a "special". Given what you said she did and that Misono vouched for what happened, I am removing her from friends and she won't get any of tokens. So thanks for the heads up.

Skypes can be the best and worst part of interacting with camgirls.

As much as I think sometimes camgirls do have legit reasons for not doing Skype's that have been paid for, and I don't mean not ever doing them, I mean when camgirls delay doing them, I don't think there is any excuse for not responding and communicating to someone who has paid for a Skype. I mean seeing as she's never given you the Skype (and clearly has no intention of doing so) it's pretty much like you've just tipped 1400 tokens for nothing, if someone tipped me 1400 tokens, I would definitely be giving them pm attention both when I'm online and offline! And if it were for a show, then I would actually communicate with the person more than a few words and empty promises!
This girl has no excuse for what she's been doing, I can't believe even tipping her hasn't got her attention! I don't know if you have reported to MFC, but if you haven't do so now and do so with screenshots. As yeah, as you said, she's scammed you.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Mission partly accomplished.
I haven't been following the thread that closely, so I wasn't aware of the model's name. But this week I noticed her and she is definitely very hot.
She had some deal about video which got my attention. I am trying to stop my habit of buying videos just cause they are deals, but I did put her on my friends list with the intention of checking her out more and probably buying her videos, especially if she had a "special". Given what you said she did and that Misono vouched for what happened, I am removing her from friends and she won't get any of tokens. So thanks for the heads up.

Skypes can be the best and worst part of interacting with camgirls.

And with that, I have a renewed sense of happiness. Again, I'm the LAST guy to ever be vindictive, as this has been the ONLY time I've been flat out scammed on mfc, and for the most part, I can vouch and put in kind words for a bunch of mfc models, whom I will continue to support. Sure, I've had my share of girls that wouldn't quite live up to expectations in private, but never someone to explicitly offer something and flat out refuse to back her promise.

But I guess there is a first for everything.

And I won't sit here and deny that she's not a pretty girl. She is. But all those looks quickly went south once she screwed me over. 'Wicked Witch' complex, I suppose. Can't believe she'd do it to someone who's thrown tokens at her and supported her in the past, too...that's the part that gets me.

Funny thing happened this morning. Checked my email, no response as expected. Then I go to check her twitter and low and behold, she took me back off the follow list.

This ironic for a simple reason: She could never, ever bother to take out even 2 seconds of her day to click and reply on one of my pm's, YET she took a good few minutes to search through her 40k+ twitter followers to find me on her list and remove me. I have never even tweeted her once.

This indicates to me that she DID indeed read and receive my last 2 emails (she'd have to search me out on twitter by email, as my screenname is not my mfc handle), and it probably struck her where it hurts most. She can keep putting on a fake smile, but deep down inside, people who scam and cheat are dying on the inside with little substance.

Was discussing this with a fellow member, but her cam score also dipped from ~10k when this whole skype scenario first reared its head ~4 weeks ago, to barely clipping 6k now. Reap what you sew, young lady.

She's been linked to this thread, but she'll never rear her head. She knows what she did, and knows what she continues to do. No way to defend your actions when you are a flat out cheat and compulsive liar.

Other things that lead me to believe I'm not the only one to have been scammed or complained to/about her:

1) Her mfc profile has comments disabled
2) Her twitter profile is set to private. This is a huge red flag, as she had been one of the top non hardcore internet models for a good part of the last decade, so this is definitely not a privacy issue. I mean heck, her profile backround has her face and ass plastered all over it. lol

Reactions: LadyLuna

Well, since you feel a sense of resolve, and there's nothing more you can do about it, going to lock this thread and call it done.

Also, keep in mind (to anyone who is reading all of this and doesn't know her side of the story, well none of us do) that there may be more to it than meets the eye. "Buyer beware" sure, but not everything is what it seems on the Internet. Especially in the camming world.

Adieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.