AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Inspired by" Perfumes/Colognes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I am one of those "cheap" guys (i guess you could say) and won't pay £100s for a bottle of cologne/perfume because it's, well, expensive to me.
So I have never even looked at them or cared, I know they are out of my price range, despite knowing they smell incredible.

A week or so ago, my friend randomly told me about a website that makes popular "Inspired By" bottles of men's colognes and women's Perfumes. And the reviews for this one site are amazing, with most people saying they do actually smell similar to the original expensive brand - they can't call themselves replica or copy, they call them "inspired by".

I am curious, have you ladies and gents ever bought any of these "inspired by" ones? What were your thoughts on them? Are you someone that HAS had the expensive originals before and tried these and thought they smelled close enough?

In my personal opinion, perfume (and cologne) is one of the things that’s worth splurging on. I’ve never seen, or rather smelled, any cheap perfume have the longevity of their more expensive counterparts.

With eau du toilettes you’re constantly having to reapply them, because the scent wears off so quick. With eau du parfum, you have a richer and longer lasting scent. There’s less alcohol in it, so less dilution. And then there’s actual parfum/perfume, where you’re going to get the highest concentration of pure essence. Which of course, will last the longest, but be the most expensive.

I’d assume that the “inspired by” fragrances are eau du toilette dupes of actual perfumes/colognes. So it may smell the same at first, but the scent will wear off quick.

In my personal opinion, perfume (and cologne) is one of the things that’s worth splurging on. I’ve never seen, or rather smelled, any cheap perfume have the longevity of their more expensive counterparts.

With eau du toilettes you’re constantly having to reapply them, because the scent wears off so quick. With eau du parfum, you have a richer and longer lasting scent. There’s less alcohol in it, so less dilution. And then there’s actual parfum/perfume, where you’re going to get the highest concentration of pure essence. Which of course, will last the longest, but be the most expensive.

I’d assume that the “inspired by” fragrances are eau du toilette dupes of actual perfumes/colognes. So it may smell the same at first, but the scent will wear off quick.

These ones are 15-20% of the scent so they last 8hrs per day, and it's why they are so popular (Essence Vault) compared to other inspired by websites that I have seen now I know about them.
I did buy 3 from here, but honestly I never had the originals so can't say how they compare but they definitely do last for 8 hours so it is the 15-20% oil as they advertise, which is excellent.

I have heard of Axe spray before but just had to google it, and looking at it, it looks like it's what we call "Lynx" here in the UK - and it's popular, especially Lynx/Axe Africa. I was put off by them purely because they brought out a novelty "Africa Marmite" one, and I thought "let's buy it", but that was the worst thing I have ever smelled, so sickly and I just want to throw up now when I smell Lynx/Axe haha

I use a EDP from Armani, and honestly it lasts me so long because I have to use very little of it, that I have never considered not using the real deal.. but it could be interesting to see if these really keep up with the "real deal"

I am one of those "cheap" guys (i guess you could say) and won't pay £100s for a bottle of cologne/perfume because it's, well, expensive to me.
So I have never even looked at them or cared, I know they are out of my price range, despite knowing they smell incredible.

A week or so ago, my friend randomly told me about a website that makes popular "Inspired By" bottles of men's colognes and women's Perfumes. And the reviews for this one site are amazing, with most people saying they do actually smell similar to the original expensive brand - they can't call themselves replica or copy, they call them "inspired by".

I am curious, have you ladies and gents ever bought any of these "inspired by" ones? What were your thoughts on them? Are you someone that HAS had the expensive originals before and tried these and thought they smelled close enough?
There used to be a guy in the city where I worked that did massive bundles of 'inspired by'. some of them you have to be careful with, they can cause skin irritations and stuff. Same with anything thats a knock off of an original there's always going to be a corner they cut to get the lower price. black friday and on sales is the best time to buy perfumes I find, they can be anywhere from 30-50% off.

If you're interested in getting laid, I'd say get the real thing. Bottle looks good in the bathroom too.
Sexier all round 🔥.

(Just speaking on the men's stuff here)
A dude's house can be a total mess, and he can be exhausted as fuck, but if I see a bottle of real cologne in the bathroom (that he's actually remembering to wear daily), I'll totally overlook those things a time or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYou and Maxi
I would rather a guy buy inspired by colognes than Axxe Body Spray. Good lord that stuff is awful.

Omg, yes. When I let my ex crash at my place for a little while, I told him that he HAS to stop spraying so much Axe body spray on himself. It was crazy. I was dealing with that, AND him reeking of cigarette smoke. Oh, and spraying on body spray to try to hide your b.o. is gross too. Go into a bathroom and wash those stinking armpits with soap and water, for crying out loud.

Old Spice body wash and deodorant is sooo good!

When I take the bus, there’s all kinds of smells…body odor…cigarettes…weed…someone with tons of cologne or perfume.

Reactions: NotYou
Omg, yes. When I let my ex crash at my place for a little while, I told him that he HAS to stop spraying so much Axe body spray on himself. It was crazy. I was dealing with that, AND him reeking of cigarette smoke. Oh, and spraying on body spray to try to hide your b.o. is gross too. Go into a bathroom and wash those stinking armpits with soap and water, for crying out loud.

Old Spice body wash and deodorant is sooo good!

When I take the bus, there’s all kinds of smells…body odor…cigarettes…weed…someone with tons of cologne or perfume.
So glad you mentioned spraying the crotch/bo thing. WE KNOW. Especially us short mamacitas. It's like right in our faces. I wear Old Spice deodorant! Love love love the smell and if anyone wears Brut, I have to leave the room. Ahhh the scent of child abuse! (It was my dad's aftershave.) Remember when Drakkar was a huge deal? Now it's all this Paco Rabanne stuff...oh what was that other one....Nautica?

Status
Not open for further replies.