AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is background music something that you care about?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly_____

Cam Model
Jun 7, 2022
www.goddesslillylee.com
Twitter Username
@goddesslillylee
MFC Username
Lilly_____
Streamate Username
LillyLee
Chaturbate Username
Lilly_cutie
Ok so this is definitely gonna sound silly but I would like to hear a bit from you guys... Do you care about what music the models are listening to in their room?

More specifically I'm a big fan of Japanese music for a lot of reasons that don't really need to be shared now but it makes me happy and motivated. But I often feel very self conscious about it, thinking that it might not be everyone's cup of tea (understably) and might scare some members off. Same goes for Brazilian music because well as a Brazilian I naturally like it. But it can sound way too "ethnic" for most foreigners.

I often compare it to catching an Uber who's listening to annoying songs that he likes rather than some ambient music that would go unnoticed and I don't want to make people feel that way.

So... Do you care at all? Does it make an impact on whether you're staying in the room or not? And to what extent?

Well always teasing girls when they put on a song I dont like (fucking coldplay) but tbh from my experience it doesnt matter and I dont care what the lady is listening too. I agress with taxistheft the main thing is that the music isnt too loud so that we can hear her.

Great question. Music is one of my passions in life, but I like a huge variety of music and like everyone, what I choose for myself really depends on my mood at the time.
So I guess the inverse of that would suggest that a particular style of music might change my mood. Certainly, if I want to go private and the model is playing hard rap or metal, that would prompt me to ask if we could listen to something a little more relaxed, sexy, intimate. But in the public show, model's preference is where I think it should be.
I've yet to find a room that I've left because of the music though, so it's unlikely to ever be a deal-breaker for me.
Music for me is always better if memorable, for whatever reason, but can't stand that bland insipid elevator type of music that just repeats endlessly without being noticeable.

I love it when models I visit play music, and when it's music they love. Singing and dancing as a downtime activity is my favorite thing as a viewer. I just like the room I'm in to have positive energy, and when the model listens to music she enjoys that contributes to it a great deal.

My only complaint is that hearing the music all tinny and distorted as it's played via speakers and picked up on the mic rather than being piped through the streaming software can be a little grating on the ears, but it hasn't driven me from a room yet so it's not a huge complaint.

My only complaint is that hearing the music all tinny and distorted as it's played via speakers and picked up on the mic rather than being piped through the streaming software can be a little grating on the ears, but it hasn't driven me from a room yet so it's not a huge complaint.
Do you know how I can do this? Cause I always play music from my phone

Do you know how I can do this? Cause I always play music from my phone
You can play music on PC using YouTube playlists or something like Spotify. From there setting it up depends on the streaming software, and my only experience is with Xsplit which almost nobody uses lol. Sorry, I'm not a lot of help.

Also I realized after I wrote it that it's going to be logistically difficult to solve the problem I'm complaining about. For the model to hear it, it has to be playing through speakers which means the mic is going to pick it up unless you get fussy with your mic placement, or through earbuds/headphones which can be a pain in the ass for their own reasons (earbuds is how the one model I know handles it but she has to take them out when her shows get more active.) So I'd say go ahead and play it through your phone and don't worry about it that part of my post too much. I'm just being a whiner. 😅

If a model plays music I like then it's great, I'll probably compliment her on her music taste and it can be a good conversation starter. If she has 'song request' on her tipping menu then I'll probably tip for that. If I don't like her music then it's OK as long as the volume's not too loud. It definitely wouldn't stop me tipping a model if I otherwise liked her. Having music of some kind playing helps to create a 'vibe' in the room and makes it feel less awkward if the chat is quiet.

Also I realized after I wrote it that it's going to be logistically difficult to solve the problem I'm complaining about. For the model to hear it, it has to be playing through speakers which means the mic is going to pick it up unless you get fussy with your mic placement, or through earbuds/headphones which can be a pain in the ass for their own reasons
This is exactly why I don't run the music through OBS and just have my mic pick up the music from a 3 point speaker system in my room.

I just like the room I'm in to have positive energy, and when the model listens to music she enjoys that contributes to it a great deal.
This is a huge thing, thank you for realizing that!

I tend to agree with all points raised here. Like everything in a cam room, if the model is happy and enjoying what is going on then it is a positive.

Although I must admit that as I am not a huge fan of aggressive rap or metal etc, that is not going to appeal to me in the slightest, but as long as it is not TOO intrusive, it would not drive me form a room with a cute fun woman in it.

As for music sounding to "ethnic", I imagine that might put some visitors off (even though the cam world is.. ahem.. worldwide ;) ) I have discovered some great music in cam rooms that I never would have heard ; specific groups like Kazka and DakhaBrakha from Ukraine, RSAC from Russia, the world of Vallenato and Cumbia music from Colombia and just general Latino pop (and some Reggaeton).

For me cam sites are not only about naked women and masturbation ;)

Reactions: Tackybrady
I kinda like it. But not too loud where it covers up everything.

I don't particularly care about WHAT music is, but I do agree with this comment.
If it's loud, regardless, even if it's music I really love, I will mute it and probably just leave.

If you have a small playlist and play the same songs constantly, especially if they are annoying ones then that also is very annoying.

A lot of models will add a "tip for your song of choice" on the menu, and it helps to add variety, so it's always good.
Most I see who do this don't set it at a high price deliberately, so it can spice things up. Of course, adding his to your own menu and the price/thought process for it is completely up to you, but it usually works very nicely.

I consider background music to be a part of the unique experience of visiting different models’ rooms. If I hear music that I’m not used to - or even that I don’t personally enjoy - I’m more likely to find it interesting, as an aspect of that model’s personality and tastes. In that way, I almost prefer to hear unique music, rather than have everyone listening to the same music I like.

Especially if the model is enjoying the music. Whatever kind of music enhances the mood is fine by me.

I really love the music in most rooms. It is a great part of the welcoming experience in the room, feels a bit like entering a party or something like that. I get a feeling that it also drives the public chat to become more active, it means something to chat about etc and in the end makes people tip more now and then too.

However, I find it strange that some models do not stop the music or turn down the volume when I enter cam 2 cam with them and I cannot really understand that they miss the problem with keeping the music going. To me it is a great part of the experience to be able to talk and communicate and get some connection that way and if she cannot hear me because of the music, everything feels much more distant, less intimate, less welcoming or how I should express it.

Well Japanese and Brazilian music can be of any genre, just that in a language I won't understand, which I don't mind 🤔

For example, there's this Ukrainian cam model I love to visit, and she often listens to (and sometimes sings) rap in Russian. Rap is OK with me, and it doesn't bother me at all that I don't understand what the lyrics are (I often don't even know what a song is about, even if it's in English). So, for example, I know I also enjoy J-rock, although I must admit I don't really listen to it.

I also often visit rooms from Colombian models. Wow... sooo many of them love reggaeton! I actually gotta admit I've grown to like it from hearing it so often on their rooms 😅 There's this song from Shakira, I swear I've heard in every Colombian room I've visited!

Te fe li ci to
qué bien actúas
Eso no meeeee
cabe duda...

🎙️

I know I'm exaggerating a bit... but not too much ;)

Reactions: Tackybrady
Well Japanese and Brazilian music can be of any genre, just that in a language I won't understand, which I don't mind 🤔
Yes this is absolutely true! I guess I'm talking about the ones that I like most, especially Brazilian. J-pop/rock is also very known globally but I've heard from a few people that their voices are really different (which I understand as annoying).

I don't actually give af about what people irl think of my music but this is work and I do want members to enjoy their time with me.

Thank you so much for everyone's input on this.

FYI Lilly I stopped by your room yesterday and it sounded great to me. And I think you were playing Yoko Kanno which you can't go wrong with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilly_____
Yes, i think music is important, not played too loud tho. I watched a girl yesterday getting a lot of tokens because she was playing heavy metal, and the guy also loves metal and was curious about what she was playing, asking questions, and identified and gave her a lot of tokens. Music requests (choose song) from the tip menu are also popular. Personally i had members asking me if i could play some song they liked and another one tipping me because he liked and identified with my music choices. I think it's not a problem of sounding too ethnic if you play brazilian music for example. There is a popular brazilian cam girl and she plays a lot of brazilian funk and its ok. Maybe trance or tecno can scare people away, very specific genres. And music just coming out of a radio, like hits of the moment/pop, goes well too.

Reactions: Lilly_____
FYI Lilly I stopped by your room yesterday and it sounded great to me. And I think you were playing Yoko Kanno which you can't go wrong with.
Thank you so much!! Maybe you mean Yoko Takahashi?

I thought it was something from Cowboy Bebop but I can't remember the specific song now.
Oh I did play some songs from Cowboy Bebop but I don't know who performs it. Then you're probably with the right Yoko. 😅

• Hugs
Reactions: inertvolcano
I used to only play music that I thought would be sexy and appealing but in the past month or two I've started branching out and playing more of what I really want to be listening to. I've definitely noticed a difference just in the way I'm presenting myself. I'm much happier when I can sing along and laugh at some of the stuff coming on shuffle. No one has noticed the change!

Just to add another usecase on the music: most of the time and tips I spend on SC is to have fun in public chats with model and other users by tipping for song requests. I do enjoy a lot participating with the community, having fun with random conversations. I do tip for song requests as music is what I can contribute more.

On the flip side of this, I remember spying on a couple of private shows where the model had completely turned off the sound. I can only assume this was by request. I am curious, why would some members ask for the music to be turned off during a show?

On the flip side of this, I remember spying on a couple of private shows where the model had completely turned off the sound. I can only assume this was by request. I am curious, why would some members ask for the music to be turned off during a show?
Well, I might not ask for music to be completely off, but I do not want music to drown out any sounds the model may be inclined to make. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.