AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it really that hard to find someone to do custom clips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true for everyone. I had a shitty November for the amount of time spent on cam butt everything else has been crazy last year or so. Tons of dudes not able to get out and mingle found their way online. Even those furloughed had the extra unemployment check they spent right away.

If something isn't working change it up and try something new :)
Oh pardon me, i meant its been almost dead for me
and to be honest it’s just made me lose interest in the whole thing. it’s very infuriating

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Yep. Not saying OP thinks this, but a lot of guys think we just open a cheapie laptop, hit record and spend only an hour if that making their 10 min custom. Many don't realize that those of us independent models use tons of custom built equipment. My own basic set up is $10k+ for camming and that's not using my specialty cams or any of my expensive lingerie, shoes, toys etc. Running the business full time can require a lot of investment in equipment so I only do what will maximize my return on my investments. Usually customs are no where close to the best ROI. I love the biz but it can't burn me out. I'm thinking the original model gave herself a well deserved raise and bowed out of cheaper or long overly scripted customs. Really curious to know if it was a niche taboo fetish or complicated script...

Exactly this. I have had experience editing video files and audio clips.
Something as small as a 1 minute audio clip can take 10 minutes because you need to play, replay, and replay over and over to make sure you have deleted, edited (removed noises, increased volume etc) anything that needs it. So, when you start getting down to a 10, 20, 30+ minute video file, which is not only sound to worry about but also the camera (keeping things synced, too) angles, etc and maybe splitting and merging, it truly all becomes a lot of time to complete just one.

This is why professional video editors, designers, etc all charge such a high price per hour, even as a professional, it is very time-consuming to do all this stuff.

I charge between $10/min to $15/min. You do understand if you want our nails done that fake professional acrylic nails cost around $60 a set right? Unless it was hidden in a reply post I didn't see, WTH are you asking for that people can't get right? What are you wanting them to do for +1 hour??!! I also invested in a professional camera, a professional adjustable tripod, a field view monitor, professional lighting, and I edit all my clips with a professional program. All that stuff costs serious $$$! 10 minute clips filmed flawlessly with editing takes about 1.5 hour set up/tear down. Maybe I am missing something but you want professional models with professional timelines with professional looks with professional on time delivery ... but not getting it? When you expect 66% off industry standard pricing...you kinda get bottom of the barrel results.

As for your gripe about girl #4...just because she has clips in that category doesn't mean she does custom videos...or will do custom videos of THAT particular thing. That's her choice. Yes, there are a lot of models who will do custom videos, but there are also a lot of models who don't.
She also may have done that fetish in the past, but doesn't anymore because she's uncomfortable with it, it's too much work, she's no longer in a living situation where she can film it, or any number of other reasons.

I typically enjoy doing customs and usually crank out 1-2 per week. That said, I charge $12/minute for basic customs and if you're looking for anything heavily scripted or physically strenuous, that price goes up. I'd say the people charging $750/hr have the right idea and in my opinion, $200/hr is underselling yourself.

If you're looking for a difficult/obscure/messy fetish or a very heavily scripted video, then yes, it's probably not going to be easy to find someone to do it.
I know😶 nothing about pricing in this industry after reading this... Thank you 🙏 I needed to know I know nothing.

• Funny!
Reactions: squirtalot
Gosh, I needed to read this thread. I've always had a love/hate relationship with custom videos. The money is GREAT don't get me wrong, but man..... some guys literally write me books and then I have to figure out what I can possibly fit in 10 minutes. I've started only allowing 3 custom vids a month so I don't feel overwhelmed. I feel *so* much pressure to make it as perfect as I can but sometimes it's just not worth the stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.