AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC a good site for beginner models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible if you do your research and put in extreme effort right from the get-go. The point of this post isn't necessarily to say you have to bring a fan base with you to MFC, but you've got to have some experience, or at least do a lot of research.

MFC was my first camsite and I was luckily instantly a success there. But I had spent a lot of time as a viewer/member on the site first, watched a LOT of other girls, got active in their chatrooms to get a real feel for what it was like to be part of the social aspect, as well as watched girls on other sites. I invested in a good cam, good lighting, and a good computer setup. Made sure I had props (toys, cute clothes, a comfy place to sit/lay for shows) and knew when I logged on that I'd have to be very chatty and engaging.

I would guestimate that a good 80% (maybe higher since MFC's model pool seems to grow exponentially lately) DO NOT DO any of that and just hop on thinking it'll be a fun ol time and that money will just fall into their laps easily.
MFC Is my first site it has been an experience in the 2 weeks I have been on. I used to be a stripper so I understand how to tease and play. At the same time I have found that just chatting with the guys in your room can go a long ways. I'm still super new so I don't have a lot if regulars yet, but I have found that using Twitter has helped my time online. I casual chat and play the countdown has worked so far. I'm enjoying my time on MFC currently. I was not aware of all the other cam sites. I think it's all a HUGE learning curve.

I agree completely with this thread. I was very lucky when I started out. Thank you to the random guy who added me during new status and wandered into my room when I fell off the map & also thank you to the guy who would post me in the lounge. I knew nothing about how long new status would last. I thought traffic was always that awesome. I feel like being more educated regarding camscore would have helped me understand more about the site. I would have cammed and cammed under new status instead of popping in here and there wasting it and never making much of an impression on anyone. I didn't say "I'll be back tomorrow, guys" or anything like that. After 4 months, I am hovering between a 2000 and 2400 camscore. MFC is very vague about how this is calculated. I want the formula. Although the description makes it sound as though you will make more as long as your earnings are higher than they were 60 days ago, that is not true. It's 100% based on the amount of money you earn per hour. It has to be because I have consistently made more and more money. I think they could bring in a lot more if there was some way camscore could be eliminated. I don't mind pulling long hours on a bad night but camscore forces me to log off & I explain it fully to my members. I even take what I've earned off the next countdown if we can't complete it. It's not fair to them unless I do. Now, even with the camscore I have, traffic is slowing. I have no problem getting members if they actually come in my room. Getting them there is not easy. I actually DO NOT want to be posted in the lounge but sometimes there is no choice. Anyway, newbie here who got lucky & I now have a good chat if the energy is right. I'm good friends with most of my members and I entertain the best I can in sexual and non-sexual ways. I feel like I deserve better on MFC because I do put so much into it but camscore has screwed that up for me, for now. Look for me at the top one day.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Has anyone signed up for MFC, set up their profile, but went on to another site and used MFC to sell stuff while learning the ropes on another site? I think this could be a good way to bump up a girl's camscore. After reading through this I think I'll try CB first, maybe even SM and try MFC in a month or so, but in the meanwhile I'd still like to sell stuff and my friend is making me a profile for MFC, so I'd already have that ready to go. I could direct people to my Twitter, then have my Twitter direct them to my MFC to buy stuff. Sound like a good plan? Is it flawed in some way?

One issue I can see is that members on the other sites may not even know about MFC. Even if they know about it they may not have tokens there to buy stuff. I personally would be very hesitant to buy tokens on a different site just to buy vids etc..

I think SM is a great place for n00b cam girls to start with. I mean, SM and MFC are different beasts with different terms, different features, different ways of socializing, etc. Both sites are also oversaturated with new girls who are desperate to make some money. But most of them just fall off the front page or quit altogether.

Rather than just sign up on many different sites, it's best to just try one out to see if camming is really for you. I enjoy it. I love the flexibility and talking to the guys. I still think you can socialize on SM, especially if you use Party Chat or Gold Shows.

There's many ways to stand out on SM and make your shows different and unique from all the others. You have to think about why guys want to see you, add some of your interests and turn-ons, and then go from there. You have your own one-of-a-kind show that can't be duplicated.

Has anyone signed up for MFC, set up their profile, but went on to another site and used MFC to sell stuff while learning the ropes on another site? I think this could be a good way to bump up a girl's camscore. After reading through this I think I'll try CB first, maybe even SM and try MFC in a month or so, but in the meanwhile I'd still like to sell stuff and my friend is making me a profile for MFC, so I'd already have that ready to go. I could direct people to my Twitter, then have my Twitter direct them to my MFC to buy stuff. Sound like a good plan? Is it flawed in some way?
I don't know about CB but I do know on SM you will be banned for even talking about twitter. Let alone giving your twitter out.

I was one of those n00b girls who tried MFC way back with very little knowledge of what I was as a camgirl and what I wanted...after 2.5yrs on other sites I can safely say that its probably for more experienced models. I am going to give MFC a second, and really earnest try some time later this year, but I now have a plan of what I would like to do, how I'd like to do it and have enough knowledge to know how the system works etc and how picking up regs works as well. I feel better for my years of experience and feel more prepared to tackle it.

So the 10 hour period on MFC, is that just time spent online or is it until 10 hours after the time you are approved?

I was recommended to try out MFC first by my boyfriend, but after this I am not sure what site would be best for me to start out on. I have almost two years of experience being a fetish/erotic nude model (photography mostly, and some videos struggling in bondage/making masturbation videos for boyfriends). I've invested in a new MacBook Pro, a c920 Logitech webcam, lighting tools, and lots of toys/sexy outfits. My internet connection leaves something to be desired for but I plan on upgrading before my first day on cam. I've done LOTS of research, pouring over this forum and over other resources on the internet, so I feel pretty confident in my knowledge of countdowns, playing games with members, etc. I'm also very comfortable masturbating/being naked on camera, and because of modeling I have some thick skin and decent experience dealing with rude folks. I'm interested in getting opinions, if anyone thinks that given this I would potentially do well on MFC, or if not, what would be the best site for someone in my position to start on? :)

I was recommended to try out MFC first by my boyfriend, but after this I am not sure what site would be best for me to start out on. I have almost two years of experience being a fetish/erotic nude model (photography mostly, and some videos struggling in bondage/making masturbation videos for boyfriends). I've invested in a new MacBook Pro, a c920 Logitech webcam, lighting tools, and lots of toys/sexy outfits. My internet connection leaves something to be desired for but I plan on upgrading before my first day on cam. I've done LOTS of research, pouring over this forum and over other resources on the internet, so I feel pretty confident in my knowledge of countdowns, playing games with members, etc. I'm also very comfortable masturbating/being naked on camera, and because of modeling I have some thick skin and decent experience dealing with rude folks. I'm interested in getting opinions, if anyone thinks that given this I would potentially do well on MFC, or if not, what would be the best site for someone in my position to start on? :)

To get experience, I'd suggest Streamate to get used to what members might want in private, and Chaturbate if you are mostly interested in public chat. MFC rewards you for already knowing what you are doing and penalizes you if you don't.

Reactions: EmiliaSong
Oops... one more :lol:

It seems that SM has a reputation on ACF as being a boring website where models just sit around and fuck themselves silly. Usually it seems that when members here talk about SM, words like "degrading" or "objectification" pop up quite a bit.

It seems like some people have the idea that even though both MFC and SM are sex sites, SM is the degrading one because it focuses on models making money through private shows instead of models making money through public shows. But as it has been proven before, models can make money on SM without doing sexual acts. Models on SM are not mindless fucktoys who just give it the 'ol in-out for hours on end.

Streamate is just another camsite. There are models on MFC who are mindless fucktoys. There are models on MFC who don't care about the "community" and are only there for money. There are models on SM who are clever, intelligent, great conversationalists - and who get to have great conversations, too.

Models on SM have regulars, too. We get to talk and have fun and do all those normal things that people do. Streamate is no more an objectifying sex site than MFC is a non-nude only website to find a girlfriend.

Hi my gf is new to this. can you please to us the best way to get started with caming. She is on MFC an but is having a very hard time keeping her camscore up, she is also on chaturbate. I see you talk about another site SM, what site is this.

Hi my gf is new to this. can you please to us the best way to get started with caming. She is on MFC an but is having a very hard time keeping her camscore up, she is also on chaturbate. I see you talk about another site SM, what site is this.

SM = Streamate :)

I to find the mfc ranking system to be pretty unfair. I'm brand new to camming only about 2 weeks. I did hours and hours of research watched tons of cams on the site before jumping in and had tons of toys outfits photos and even a couple videos to sell right off the bat.

Even with all this and being a friendly chatter I've had a very difficult time bringing in traffic with my cam score as it is (currently 622 *thumbs down*). I consistently make money, I don't really reach my goals in public chat (I don't want to lower my prices as they are already low) but I usually get a couple pvts or group shows with some extremely nice regulars I've found but even making money every time my score still drops I guess according to mfc I'm not making enough lol.

I genuinely enjoy being on camera and am finding out new things about myself and some new fetishes and ive made some friends with some great regulars so I'm just going to keep at it. I wish there was another way they could rank girls.

I think a lot of new girls make the mistake of watching the girls in the top row get tipped big and assume that camming is easy money. I was guilty of this myself at first. What they don't realize is that most of the top girls have been camming for years and it takes a lot of hard work to build up a fan base. Some girls get lucky and rise to the top right off the bat, but they are in the minority. Camming isn't a good way to get rich quick. It can take months to make decent money. I've stripped before, and I think stripping is a quicker and easier way to make fast money than camming is. Camming can be good money too, but it takes more time and regulars are important, especially on MFC.

I think a lot of new girls make the mistake of watching the girls in the top row get tipped big and assume that camming is easy money. I was guilty of this myself at first. What they don't realize is that most of the top girls have been camming for years and it takes a lot of hard work to build up a fan base. Some girls get lucky and rise to the top right off the bat, but they are in the minority. Camming isn't a good way to get rich quick. It can take months to make decent money. I've stripped before, and I think stripping is a quicker and easier way to make fast money than camming is. Camming can be good money too, but it takes more time and regulars are important, especially on MFC.

Oh absolutely. A friend of mine signed up once basically sat there and did nothing and expected money just to roll in because she was there and because she saw top models earning. (Spoiler alert: it didn't lol). She didn't stay on the site long.

Most of the top models i am personal fans of have been doing it for years and I know how hard they have worked to get there. So I knew coming in it wasn't going to be easy.

For me it isn't even just about the money I genuinely enjoy being on cam and have already met some great (and helpful) models and regulars and honestly camming (believe it or not) actually brought me out of the worst depression of my life. However the pressure of cam score makes me sometimes feel like it has to be all about money as even bringing in a low-mid level amount of tokens per hour doesn't seem to help the ol cam score haha

I take great care in conversating with (and thanking!!!) my regulars and keeping them up to date on what I'm up to, making new content etc so I think over time things can only get better. I also no cam score isn't the only way for people to find you but sometimes it is a little scary looming over your head.

Its great we have this forum and such a supportive community where we all help each other out.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I take great care in conversating with (and thanking!!!) my regulars and keeping them up to date on what I'm up to, making new content etc so I think over time things can only get better. I also no cam score isn't the only way for people to find you but sometimes it is a little scary looming over your head.

You are correct it isn't the only way. But, since it is the default setting it is the most common and most important. I believe that most popular rooms is the second most common way and there is a high correlation between camscore and most popular room. The median camscore has been between 600-650 (1/2 the models are above and 1/2 below) is right around your camscore, so you are doing bad just average. As should be really clear from this thread, the generally feeling is that MFC isn't a real good site for beginners. Give it some more time, but don't bang your head against the wall if you don't seem to be making a lot of progress in in the next couple of months.. MFC isn't for everybody and lot of models have moved to other sites and made more predictable amounts of money, with less stress.

You are correct it isn't the only way. But, since it is the default setting it is the most common and most important. I believe that most popular rooms is the second most common way and there is a high correlation between camscore and most popular room. The median camscore has been between 600-650 (1/2 the models are above and 1/2 below) is right around your camscore, so you are doing bad just average. As should be really clear from this thread, the generally feeling is that MFC isn't a real good site for beginners. Give it some more time, but don't bang your head against the wall if you don't seem to be making a lot of progress in in the next couple of months.. MFC isn't for everybody and lot of models have moved to other sites and made more predictable amounts of money, with less stress.

I did try chaturbate a couple times when starting MFC just because I wasn't sure what site to join... However I didn't really enjoy myself there and found a lot of people would just demand stuff! Without tipping or even really chatting. But maybe in future I may try again or even another site.

I'm going to keep going with MFC and see if I can keep it going. I really do enjoy the environment of that site and the nice people I have met

I did try chaturbate a couple times when starting MFC just because I wasn't sure what site to join... However I didn't really enjoy myself there and found a lot of people would just demand stuff! Without tipping or even really chatting. But maybe in future I may try again or even another site.

I'm going to keep going with MFC and see if I can keep it going. I really do enjoy the environment of that site and the nice people I have met

I hear you on CB! Every site has beggars, freeloaders, and rude guys, but CB was the worst for me. I've cammed on CB, MFC, SM, and Cam4 very briefly, and I banned more guys on CB than on all of the other sites combined. lol

i have been camming off and on - mostly off for 3 years and have been on myfreecams and streamate. out of both mfc has always been my return / go to because of the exposure and accessible format. i just started again and i am still green - but see other girls making very decent livings and i feel hopeful.

I personally think Chaturbate is better if you're starting - you can learn on your own mistakes without the camscore going down.
I started on MFC and got my camscore down to 400. Went on Chaturbate for a few months, came back on MFC, boom, Camscore back to 1300 after a week with all the things I've learned.

Thank you for the advice! I have been trying out Chatter, and MFC. I started on Stream, and I tend to make more money on there due to the private system. I hate the camscore system on MFC

I'd honestly say that out of all of the sites I'm aware of MFC is the best for beginners. You just have to be humble. Too many young models feel entitled to tips. Can't have that mindset or you will fail. Everything must be earned. Spend as much time learning the "game" as possible. I don't think camscore should be on a models mind at all when she first starts.

Now specifically why MFC is better than other sites. Because it's limits on boy/girl. It's too tempting to do the most when you're desperate. These young girls usually check all boxes and then withdraw into their comfort zones. If you do that on a site like chaturbate you're going to have so much b/g content out there that if you change your mind about all of that it wont matter, that stuff will be attached to you forever.

That's one of the great things about a site like this one. You can ask those questions and get answers. The drawback on MFC is that they don't really give you the basics themselves. You really gotta know that you should be looking for info which a lot of younger models don't.

I'd honestly say that out of all of the sites I'm aware of MFC is the best for beginners. You just have to be humble. Too many young models feel entitled to tips. Can't have that mindset or you will fail. Everything must be earned. Spend as much time learning the "game" as possible. I don't think camscore should be on a models mind at all when she first starts.

Now specifically why MFC is better than other sites. Because it's limits on boy/girl. It's too tempting to do the most when you're desperate. These young girls usually check all boxes and then withdraw into their comfort zones. If you do that on a site like chaturbate you're going to have so much b/g content out there that if you change your mind about all of that it wont matter, that stuff will be attached to you forever.

That's one of the great things about a site like this one. You can ask those questions and get answers. The drawback on MFC is that they don't really give you the basics themselves. You really gotta know that you should be looking for info which a lot of younger models don't.
i really enjoy making b/g content though?
didnt have anything to do with me being desperate when i made it..
i also dont see how having b/g out there forever is any worse than a vid of you dildoing yourself out there forever?
porn is porn is porn imo lol.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
i really enjoy making b/g content though?
didnt have anything to do with me being desperate when i made it..
i also dont see how having b/g out there forever is any worse than a vid of you dildoing yourself out there forever?
porn is porn is porn imo lol.

Maybe I could've done a better job wording my post, but I'm not criticizing anyone's personal preferences. We're all individuals and what's awesome for one person isn't right for another. As long as the sex is between consenting adults, I have no criticisms of what anyone chooses to do. But the reality is, that a lot of beginning models are desperate to make cash, and make the mistake of venturing out of their comfort zones to do so. If you're just as comfortable with your family seeing a video of you "dildoing yourself" as you are with a b/g video then more power to you. The vast majority of beginning models don't share that sentiment, and that's the crowd I was hoping to help with my comment.

Reactions: Gen
Maybe I could've done a better job wording my post, but I'm not criticizing anyone's personal preferences. We're all individuals and what's awesome for one person isn't right for another. As long as the sex is between consenting adults, I have no criticisms of what anyone chooses to do. But the reality is, that a lot of beginning models are desperate to make cash, and make the mistake of venturing out of their comfort zones to do so. If you're just as comfortable with your family seeing a video of you "dildoing yourself" as you are with a b/g video then more power to you. The vast majority of beginning models don't share that sentiment, and that's the crowd I was hoping to help with my comment.

each girl needs to do whatever videos/camming/content she wants to do and is comfortable doing,
whether that be b/g, explicit solo, non nude, domme whatever.
i just dont think anyone should feel they are being desperate by making ANY type of content as long at they want to make it.
i just wouldnt want a new model who wants to make b/g content feel she shouldn't solely because it would be the worst (debatable) if it were found.

and the reality is, whatever videos or camming you do there is a good chance it will end up somewhere you don't want it
if you are truly truly super worried someone you know may find out it may not be the best choice to start!
i wouldn't be super stoked if my family found my porn obviously, but it's the chance we take and i would own up to it.
wouldnt matter to me if it was a solo dildo vid or a b/g vid they found lol.

each girl needs to do whatever videos/camming/content she wants to do and is comfortable doing,
whether that be b/g, explicit solo, non nude, domme whatever.
i just dont think anyone should feel they are being desperate by making ANY type of content as long at they want to make it.
i just wouldnt want a new model who wants to make b/g content feel she shouldn't solely because it would be the worst (debatable) if it were found.

and the reality is, whatever videos or camming you do there is a good chance it will end up somewhere you don't want it
if you are truly truly super worried someone you know may find out it may not be the best choice to start!
i wouldn't be super stoked if my family found my porn obviously, but it's the chance we take and i would own up to it.
wouldnt matter to me if it was a solo dildo vid or a b/g vid they found lol.

We're saying the same thing essentially. That models shouldn't do anything that is outside of their comfort zone. And that they should be mindful that whatever they make available will at some point be discovered by people who know them personally.

We're saying the same thing essentially. That models shouldn't do anything that is outside of their comfort zone. And that they should be mindful that whatever they make available will at some point be discovered by people who know them personally.
yes but in a different way.
i just didnt think girls should think that if they make b/g content they are desperate
it just sounded like b/g content was bad!
or was a "bad" thing to make compared to solo.
you'll be judged no matter what content you make.

I definitely agree with this post as well. When I was eighteen I started camming on MFC with very little knowledge or drive. My intention was to turn on my ex-fiance. Well, I did pretty well my first week and after that I decided to stop; mostly out of forgetfullness. It's been four years and i'm back as a 'New Model'. My impression this time after doing a lot of research and troubleshooting if you will I feel it's been harder for me this time around. My first time around with New Model tag I had 100 or so in my room and this time I have at most 15. I'm not sure if the foot traffic on the site has plumpeted or if like i've been told summer is a drought. All I know is this mantra. Consistency is the most important thing, even when you don't feel like camming, cam anyways. I try to remind myself of that when i've logged on four times in one day to only see my camscore plumpet or to have an hour of no tippers or conversation. There will always be ups and downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.