AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC a good site for beginner models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for some input from models who have worked on Chaturbate. Do you think Chaturbate is a good site to learn and practice on?

I say learn and practice because I am pretty sure it has been stated by many that it doesn't have the same traffic flow and overall success rate that MFC has, so clearly it would make more sense to be on MFC in the long run (unless there are very specific features that CB has that MFC lacks that justify the lower traffic). They seem to be similar in their functionality, but I'm not sure what system they use for page placement.

yup chaturbate can be much easier.. I've had 500 people in my room on more than one occasion.. the highest I've ever had on mfc is like 120... and that was like once.. lol
that being said you're not getting the amount of tokens someone of MFC will get for a show with 500 peeps in their room.. But you can hit a 800 token goal pretty quickly. I hop on there when I feel too "boring" for mfc because the chat runs more quickly and it's harder to maintain conversations...

keep in mind though you're essentially competing with couples having live sex, and people seem less likely to tip you for sittin lookin purty if ya kno what I means...

One cool feature is you can email all your "followers" the second you log on (only once per 6 hours though, so you don't spam em) and bring in your traffic that way. I have about 1000 followers at the moment and all i have to do is click a button for those 1000 people to get an email that I'm on if they feel like visiting.

AND the other thing that's nice is the top row of people on the page are there because they are the most popular at that moment in time. everyone starts dead last in the pack the second you sign on, and you are moved up as more people get in your room. That's the main advantage for newbs over MFC.

HOWEVER let me just add for me it can be easier to bang out a solid goal hour on chaturbate... that's usually my limit on there.. I've only used the site off and on for about 2 months but I probably only have like 5 regular tippers that talk to me like a human being..

MFC I can get carried away talking about nonsense with my peoples and not even realize two hours have gone by... which can be a bad thing if I'm not getting enough tokens for the dreaded camscore BLAH... but on a GOOD night I can have a few hours go by not notice and feel great tokens for everyone and everyone's happy. For me it's still the majority of time and tokens but It's good to have a second option for certain time slots when I want to be working but have no one really on MFC.

Chellelovesu said:
We can do it in the corner, I'm not picky.
:lol:

Would you two get a room :-D , and can I watch pretty please :dance:

I started out on Flirt4Free, which was GREAT for me as a beginner, because it had a forum for models to post on (a private one and one for customers too), and a really handy manual full of tips. Unfortunately it's crowded with studios and the incredibly percentage is low (mine is like 26%). I still go on there when it's slow, just so my camscore doesn't take a beating and to try to lure old customers over via Twitter.

Things I wish I had done before coming over to MFC: Found a way to advertise to my regulars that I was switching. Tipped myself before my first show. Had content to sell and use as prizes. Done a raffle for my first Skype show ever. Split up my New Girl status over a few days (but all in a row).

AmberCutie said:
Hoping for some input from models who have worked on Chaturbate. Do you think Chaturbate is a good site to learn and practice on?

I say learn and practice because I am pretty sure it has been stated by many that it doesn't have the same traffic flow and overall success rate that MFC has, so clearly it would make more sense to be on MFC in the long run (unless there are very specific features that CB has that MFC lacks that justify the lower traffic). They seem to be similar in their functionality, but I'm not sure what system they use for page placement.
I have little to say about weather MFC is good as a site to start out on... because I did not start on MFC I am finding it hard to judge...BUT I love loving this thread.
To touch on what Amber brought up I just wana say I am so interested to see that Chaturbate has less traffic flow. Perhaps because of less models on the site...but I have never had more then 250(ish) on my MFC accounts...and have surprised 1k on chaturbate or xhamster.
But I use those site spareningly (sp?)...and more for promotion then to actually make any money.

curvyredhead said:
To touch on what Amber brought up I just wana say I am so interested to see that Chaturbate has less traffic flow. Perhaps because of less models on the site...but I have never had more then 250(ish) on my MFC accounts...and have surprised 1k on chaturbate or xhamster.
Yes, because it has less models. At any given time on Chaturbate or xHamster, you'll see maybe 20-60 live cams available on the whole site. So even though there is much less traffic, and less members watching, some rooms will have high counts as the selection isn't as wide, and would probably make most members flock to the most attractive/highest action rooms.

On MFC, as you know, there are usually over 1200 girls on at any given time, with large room count numbers spread over a lot of them.

So on a smaller site, a few models may be much more successful due to less competition and higher visibility without camscore pushing them down the page, but overall MFC has more earning potential once you know what you're doing/know how to entertain in free chat.

AmberCutie said:

Obviously my opinion is bias but Chaturbate is a great place to not only learn the ropes but to create a solid foundation of tippers. As we continue to add features to stimulate token purchases models incomes increase. We have been online for 18 months and in a short time have created a great platform for broadcasters. http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q= ... chaturbate

To answer your question about placement- The highest viewed rooms are on the top.

I am on MFC for 3 months never cam before ,did lost my score from 1000 to 269 and get it up to 390 now ,it is hard and problam was I spend a lot of hr just socializing wich I love but I am getting smarter/experience every day now on how to get this tokens out :) cam score make difference of course but I still can enjoy site meet new people and have fun! Also get me new Mac air from MFC money wich is great ,after reading this post thinking abt SM now ,Caming is something i really love / Zosya.

ShelterLight said:
If I had tried another site first, I would have made my mistakes there, and been ready by the time I hit MFC.

I now cam on Stream Mate. It's more my pace. I have a lot of health, and personal stuff (that I won't discuss out here, you can pm if you want to know) that prevents me from working a normal job, or being "on" all the time the way MFC demands.

Very much agreed about the pace factor. MFC is less forgiving when it comes to pace. Every time models broadcast, they have to have their engines on and rake in something within a time frame, to help protect their camscore, unless the score is established enough to ensure constant good placement/visibility. Even so, high-ranking girls put in great efforts to stay where they are. MFC simply has a ranking system that gravitates most towards this: sizable bucks, short online time(relatively speaking).

Hope what I wrote made sense. Bit drowsy right now on cold meds :oops: .

Reactions: AmberCutie
LingWoosBunny said:
ShelterLight said:
If I had tried another site first, I would have made my mistakes there, and been ready by the time I hit MFC.

I now cam on Stream Mate. It's more my pace. I have a lot of health, and personal stuff (that I won't discuss out here, you can pm if you want to know) that prevents me from working a normal job, or being "on" all the time the way MFC demands.

Very much agreed about the pace factor. MFC is less forgiving when it comes to pace. Every time models broadcast, they have to have their engines on and rake in something within a time frame, to help protect their camscore, unless the score is established enough to ensure constant good placement/visibility. Even so, high-ranking girls put in great efforts to stay where they are. MFC simply has a ranking system that gravitates most towards this: sizable bucks, short online time(relatively speaking).

Hope what I wrote made sense. Bit drowsy right now on cold meds :oops: .
Very well said.

I'm a beginning model on MFC. Maybe I should have started on another cam site to get some experience first. Now that my new model status has worn off, I'm afraid to log on, afraid my camscore will go down. Does anyone know if it's possible to create a second model account and have new model status again? With or without deleting my first account?

Kira said:
I'm a beginning model on MFC. Maybe I should have started on another cam site to get some experience first. Now that my new model status has worn off, I'm afraid to log on, afraid my camscore will go down. Does anyone know if it's possible to create a second model account and have new model status again? With or without deleting my first account?

I don't recommend attempting this.

In the past, when I wanted to start over fresh with a new cam score, I've created new model accounts, and I must've done it like 3 or 4 times. But since then, MFC has gotten stricter about this. So now when a model tries this, they will usually tell her that she can't start a new model account because she still has an ALREADY EXISTING model account...and they will just make her go back to using that same one.

I actually think it's a good thing they've gotten strict about it...otherwise models would always be starting over with new accounts every time their cam score got low...and that must be confusing/annoying to their regulars too.

Use this opportunity to do what you can to try to give your cam score a boost. Remember that tokens are what you need...NOT for guys to rate/admire you. Try to do what you can to encourage more tipping, and the information in your room topic could be helpful in doing this. You can sell one of your sexy videos and/or picture sets for x tokens...do raffles...offer such and such to the highest tipper...etc. I think the lowest my cam score had ever been was down in the 400s. One of the biggest mistakes a lot of us have made with MFC is staying on cam for too long after the tips have stopped, and that's not good for your cam score.

The Models Only section of this forum is really the best place to discuss all of this.

Wow! SO happy I found this forum...I am new and just started on MFC. I chickened out and disabled my account then reactivated it. Doing so I lost my time to build new followers. BIG MISTAKE

I am getting SO frustrated with the site....I've been dancing, teasing, talking and I literally have only a few in my room and cam score just keeps falling down.....

It's even more frustrating when I go into a room of a new girl who is blankly staring at the cam, (bored as hell) and she has 45 people in her room... also when members keep asking "why is your score so low?" MFC makes me feel like garbage and I'm so discouraged. Going to switch to SM when they activate my account...although this has taken them 3 weeks and it's still not active. Anyone else had a problem with SM taking forever?

So happy I found this advice forum! Trying to stay positive as a beginner! :)

MissSexyTay

Reactions: TerraBytes
MissSexyTay said:
Wow! SO happy I found this forum...I am new and just started on MFC. I chickened out and disabled my account then reactivated it. Doing so I lost my time to build new followers. BIG MISTAKE

I am getting SO frustrated with the site....I've been dancing, teasing, talking and I literally have only a few in my room and cam score just keeps falling down.....

It's even more frustrating when I go into a room of a new girl who is blankly staring at the cam, (bored as hell) and she has 45 people in her room... also when members keep asking "why is your score so low?" MFC makes me feel like garbage and I'm so discouraged. Going to switch to SM when they activate my account...although this has taken them 3 weeks and it's still not active. Anyone else had a problem with SM taking forever?

So happy I found this advice forum! Trying to stay positive as a beginner! :)

MissSexyTay

I'm sure the bit I bolded is frustrating but it's kind of a good thing that they ask this question. It implies that you're doing something right and that these guys believe your camscore should be higher than it is. Of course, it would be nice if they showed a little more tact or if they asked the question in a tip note but you can at least take some encouragement from the fact that guys aren't spending time in your room, clocking your "low" camscore (I have no idea what your camscore is) and then thinking "yep, seems about right" :)

I started in MFC about three weeks ago and I really like the feel of it but unfortunately I'm not longer getting too much traffic in my room since I lost my new model status. I am thinking about joining another site but I really like MFC.. I have a few regulars and I enjoy just sitting around and bullshitting with people. But there have been a few time where I log on and even after an hour I can't get more than 15 people in my room. The slower it is, the more boring I become. During my first week i got my camscore over 1100 but now its down to 970 and I would have for it to get any lower. I am considering joing StreamMate to avoid tanking my camscore but I'm hesitant.
Do any of you have a hard time managing time while working on multiple cam sites?
Like I said, I like MFC so I'd hate to leave it.

I set up a schedule, when I was working both MFC and Streamate regularly. I had something like:

Mon Afternoon: 4 hours on Streamate
Tues Afternoon: 4 hours on MFC
Tues Night: 4 hours on Streamate
Wed Night: 4 hours on MFC
Thurs afternoon: 4 hours on Streamate
Thurs night: 4 hours on MFC
Fri Afternoon: 4 hours on MFC
Fri Night: 4 hours on Streamate
Sun Afternoon: 4 hours on MFC

Gave me saturdays completely free, and half days 3 times a week.

I'm thinking of going back to this schedule... but with a different camsite than MFC.

Well-- here is my take on the whole thing.

I spent almost 2 years researching before I finally dove in and began. Two Years. Signed up for MFC and for Streammate. Made about the same in 2 hours on SM that I've made burning my entire 10 hour "new model" status on MFC.

The disappointing part for me, is that I always thought MFC would be more up my alley. I'm a social critter-- love to talk, crack jokes, dance around, be silly, etc.....but I just haven't quite yet "clicked" in MFC. I've got a friend who is going to customize and pimp out my profile (I suck at htlm, css, etc). and gonna get some pics and clips going soon and keep plugging away. But here I sit with about a 750 camscore...

Reactions: Gen
I've had my cam account for well over a year but have to have my debut on MFC, I've not cammed on any other site but I was a nude model for the artists in my community for years , so I've got that going for me I guess. Still waiting for my cam girl starter pack to arrive... you know for the lighting umbrellas! ;) My being scared has NOTHING to do with it. :S

xSTILLFLY said:
http://www.myfreecams.com/#Hottie_Aztec

This is like the third post you've made like this in random threads. You could just put that link in your signature on here. That way, when you do have something to contribute to a thread, everyone will be able to see your profile link too.

MissSexyTay said:

It's even more frustrating when I go into a room of a new girl who is blankly staring at the cam, (bored as hell) and she has 45 people in her room... also when members keep asking "why is your score so low?" MFC makes me feel like garbage and I'm so discouraged.

Good luck with Streamate. :)

MFC, as awesome as it is, is not the best site for new models to start out on. A lot of new models make the mistake of logging on MFC and staying on cam for too long when they're hardly earning any tokens. On other sites, like Streamate, ImLive, and AdultWork, you can stay on cam for as long as you want, and nothing will suffer. On MFC, however, if you stay in public chat for too long without earning tokens, that will harm your cam score. The higher your cam score, the higher you will appear on the MFC homepage, and the higher your room count will probably be. A lot of models who start out on MFC have not accessed forums like this, and have not read up on how cam scores work. So they go into it thinking they can do no wrong with a 4 or 6 hour shift everyday. Then they get really comfortable in public chat, chatting for hours with guys who aren't even tipping...and that's not good for your cam score. I used to do that...spend so much time having fun conversations in public chat (letting too much time go by without tips) that I wound up having my cam score get down into the 400s.

Evvie said:
As a follow-up, if MFC holds so many pitfalls for new models, why are so many new models wary of joining a different website? Here are my thoughts.

♥ It seems like MFC's reputation as a "social" camsite is very attractive to many models, who are afraid to try out another website - even though myself and I believe AlexLady can attest that there is just as much socialization on SM as on MFC.
♥ Even if models are willing to do sex acts in public chat on MFC, they are scared away by sites like SM who advertise with "live sex cams," "sex 24/7".
♥ Many models seem to incorrectly believe that because the payout percentage is higher on MFC, they will make more money. Or, they just can't stand the idea that they earn fewer cents per dollar spent, even if they may make vastly more dollars total on a lower-percentage site.

I would like to add here that I think another reason inexperienced girls (like myself) choose MFC is because of how easy others make it seem. I joined MFC about 2-3 months ago when my bf decided I needed a stay at home job. He made it seem easy and like all I had to was sit around and the money would come rolling in. The long and short of all of this is that the "clients" log on and watch 10 minutes or so and then convince their gfs or wives, ect that they can do it too. Looking back I wish that the pressure of needing an income wouldn't have prevented me from seeing how much work this really is.
The kicker to all of this is now my bf is convincing his friends and coworkers to have their gfs/wives do it too. I get so mad thinking of how lost I am and how these women will feel when they get to the point that I am at.
:twocents-02cents:

Kira said:

I wouldn't worry too much. You are pretty and clearly have no problem with getting naked. As long as you are not actually boring you will keep enough guys in your room to pay your way. Its all about the energy of your room, keep that up and the members will come and stay.

um .... What is SM. Sorry I'm new so I don't have a clue what it stands for.

Evvie said:
ChrryBlossom said:
Aw Man! See this post scares me because I AM a beginner. That was the only thing I was worried about. So beginner models on MFC can't make it if they don't already have a fan base?
Beginners on MFC can make it - a fan base is useful, but not the end-all. The point is experience. Because MFC is pretty unforgiving, if a model isn't at the top of her game (or at least doing pretty durn good) when she starts, it can be difficult to make up for those early mistakes later on.

As LuckySmiles said, it's perfectly possible to just jump on and do pretty well without knowing much of what's going on. But that is a very uncommon situation.

I don't want to discourage models who are already working on MFC, but if I were talking to a lady interested in camming, I wouldn't suggest her to join MFC.

I don't know if this has already been posted; but what site would you suggest a model start out on? SM, chatturbate? There are so many, I started with MFC because I was watching the other models and I didn't know too much about the other sites. I am really only in my first week and am already trying to dig myself out and keep people in my room and such. It definitely is not easy but I enjoy it so I came here :) So I could figure out what to do. Thanks for the info guys! :)

Lexi_Live said:
Evvie said:
ChrryBlossom said:
Aw Man! See this post scares me because I AM a beginner. That was the only thing I was worried about. So beginner models on MFC can't make it if they don't already have a fan base?
Beginners on MFC can make it - a fan base is useful, but not the end-all. The point is experience. Because MFC is pretty unforgiving, if a model isn't at the top of her game (or at least doing pretty durn good) when she starts, it can be difficult to make up for those early mistakes later on.

As LuckySmiles said, it's perfectly possible to just jump on and do pretty well without knowing much of what's going on. But that is a very uncommon situation.

I don't want to discourage models who are already working on MFC, but if I were talking to a lady interested in camming, I wouldn't suggest her to join MFC.

I don't know if this has already been posted; but what site would you suggest a model start out on? SM, chatturbate? There are so many, I started with MFC because I was watching the other models and I didn't know too much about the other sites. I am really only in my first week and am already trying to dig myself out and keep people in my room and such. It definitely is not easy but I enjoy it so I came here :) So I could figure out what to do. Thanks for the info guys! :)

I wanted to edit My post...but I couldn't find the edit button :/ Alas, I guess while I was reading somehow I skipped a page. It was talked about but I don't believe there was a real consensus, although it does seem like most are saying SM

Status
Not open for further replies.