AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC a good site for beginner models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps. I got no more and no fewer people in my room with new model status. It made absolutely zero difference to me at all.

However on SM I got a 1 star review from someone I wouldn't do a specific act for on my first night there when I first started and it DID hurt me for weeks.

I honestly think that the new model status isn't imperative to a model.
(1) It doesn't last long enough for members to really discover new girls that they might enjoy.
(2) The formula for succeeding on MFC is completely dependent on having a following before coming to MFC. Otherwise it is random and luck. I've seen amazing shows with amazing girls tank and the worst boring girls with no sound and bad lighting skyrocket and I wish to God I could find a reason why but there isn't. Not time of day. Not type of girl. Not clothing. Not show. Not naked/clothed. Nothing.
(3) New model status for me just attracted a ton of freeloaders and jerks. Beggars and trolls. Since losing the status I don't get many anymore. It is just advertising to the worst. If I didn't have thicker skin and a couple decent regs the first days of that would have killed me. Also the "nice guy" act that I have a weakness for almost did.

I would argue that the way the site sorts models makes it crazy hard for members (I was a premium member for over a year there before changing to camming there) to sort models and find anyone who hasnt already "made it". I found starting at the bottom and working back up actually resulted in finding a ton of hidden gem girls who would inevitably quit after a couple weeks because they weren't making it but were probably making OK money. They would have eventually done great had they toughed it out.

I truly believe that putting in a few hours a day on a 1on1 style camsite and then a few hours just slogging out the low Cam score on MFC works. I couldn't imagine a girl only doing MFC because most new girls (there are exceptions) go down in score and hit 500-600 where they are harassed for being "no good" until they work their social media and dig back out.

At least it is better than Bonga, lmao.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I totally screwed up my new model status on mfc. I had bad cam/lighting quality, I knew fuck all about mfc, nothing about camscore, no idea what to do, I was scared of talking, hadn't looked at other girls, had blocked england, almost all my regulars/prems now who come to my room (who I speak to) are english except for a few exceptions, lol I was completely blind! I actually didn't do that badly, I got lucky with privates etc and then as I started getting better as camming I brought in regulars etc, but I have a feeling I'd have done a lot better at the start.

I'm about to have a friend sign up to mfcs, and it's almost like a little experiment for me, she came on cam with me a while back and caused quite a stir (the girl is stunningly pretty in a very brown eyes, blonde hair, fall in love with me, girl next door, girl guys on mfc obsess over kind of girl), I can't imagine she'll do badly on mfc even if she never gets naked, but it'll be interesting to find out.
I'm now trying to set her up and make sure she learns as much as possible beforehand as I have a feeling if she plays it right she could go into the high camscore range, but then again, she may not, it's so hard to tell.
There's a model i've been chatting with, she seems really nice, and is clearly a very attractive girl with a good body, but she's about a month new, 7k camscore, pretty much constantly in groups with plenty of people, yet her cam quality and lighting is terrible, she types rather than talking, she spends like half an hour in group before getting naked or doing anything, but she seems to be doing really well! Well done to her, but it's interesting, the things she does usually doom models, but she seems to be thriving, maybe it won't last though.

I agree with you Evvie, Mfc is constantly trying to get new models yet it treats them terribly, and them bringing so many new models hurts more established models.

I'm happy you said this. I've been feeling like I fucked everything up on MFC because it was the first site I actually spent a substantial amount of time on. I looked there and Chaturbate, some random site when I didn't even know what camming was, and that was about it. I just started full time and kinda freaked out. I'm glad to know it is possible to bounce back, as hard as it may be, and maybe I'll try another cam site, but I love MFC and I want all my energy there.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Oh wow after reading all of this I don't know whether I feel more empowered or nervous! haha. I have a camscore of 972 currently after being gone for months. I'm going to continue to ignore it because just reading about it is stressing me out lol.

So, I've never been a petite model (always curvy and/or plus size) but I do find that this could be an asset since it does set me apart from many of the other models on MFC. I think what alot of other posts were mentioning is that the "novelty" of your shows cam get you farther. My best friend also cams on MFC and she is literally the polar opposite of me and looks more like the "standard cam girl"... when I say standard, I mean what the top models look like. However, I seem to make more in public chat and spend less time in privates. I also seem to get more traffic in my room although my new model status has been long gone and I feel as though her appearance is more appealing to the masses. My point with this is that MFC can be a good place to start but it's good to learn the ropes ahead of time so you don't get "stuck". If I would have even just read this thread before I tried camming last summer, it could have helped me out big time.

I actually found this post trying to find info on Streammate because I'm brand new to the site. Glad I found this post, lots of useful info! Thanks ladies!

I started on SM and MFC, but the choice to work more on MFC was pretty easy to make after the first week! I've spent over 5 hours on SM and had fewer than 10 members per hour pop into my room - have never gotten more than a "Hi". I must be doing something wrong over there! MFC wasn't nearly as dead, with around 60 viewers avg while I was still in new model status, and around 30 avg now, a few months later. SM may simply be less friendly to non-nude models. I still haven't figured out why it's so dead over there for me.

Evvie makes a compelling case why MFC isn't good site for beginners. Although reading through the list it seems basically boil down to one thing, as beginner you will screw up your camscore. Your camscore is so important you shouldn't waste your valuable time as a new model, being an actual new model. :-D

My question is streamate really a good alternative for your average girl who's never done any nude work other than with boyfriend or flashing at spring break?
I am no expert on SM but I did follow one of my early favorites to SM when she left MFC. As a member there is one thing I like about SM gold shows, (I particularly like no freeloader in cum shows) and bunch of stuff that hate about the site. However, SM is highly sexualized the emphasis is getting guys out of free chats and into Gold Shows or privates and the expectation is a least masturbation and more likely penetration with toys. Also Gold shows aren't available to new models until they have completed quite a few 5 star privates.

Looking at the new models on SM right now, almost every model description talks about cum shows, toys, and wild fantasies, anal etc, stuff that I think would be intimidating to a girl brand new to the adult business. I know even less about Chaturabate but conceptually the model is closer to MFC, but gives the model more freedom to set her own prices for groups and privates and doesn't have the hated camscore. Chaturabate is also highly sexual, but there is sometime actual conversation which rise above h bb pussy, dp?. I have no idea if there are models who do ok on Chaturbate without masturbating, but it seems more likely than SM. Are there other better beginner sites?

The one thing that MFC has going for iit, is it possible for new model to do well here without going to far outside her comfort zone. I've been checking out new models a lot lately. Now after a minute or two it is easy to figure out that most are pretty bad, for all of the normal reason. Bad cam, worse lighting, they type instead of talk, don't spend much effort in looking attractive, spend too much time with basic etc.

However, there are a few exceptions. A couple days ago I found a new model been on MFC for 30 minutes and hadn't even looked at other cams. With a bit of coaching by myself and several other nice premiums, by the end of the night she had completed 3 countdowns and still had on bra and panties. She ended the night doing silly dances (Macarena and chicken dance LOL) she ended with a 900 token tip. I am pretty sure she made 2500-3000 on her first 3 hours on cam. The next night she cam back had countdown for removing her shirt, her jeans, a hand bra :), than 2000 token countdown for topless. That countdown took less than 30 minutes and she continued to get tips finally after 15 minute or so of being topless she explained that she wasn't comfortable being topless. She put her bra back on and continued to get tips for doing dancing and such, I think she made ~5K that night.

The nice thing was the conversation in addition to the normal sexual requests,the room talked about video games, LA, music, school and even, since she was a philosophy major, John Stewart Mills, and Descartes. Anyway I am pretty sure that model had fun and ended her first 6 hours on Cam with a camscore of 2100 and $400 or so in her pocket. Obviously being a classically cute California blond, with nice body helped a lot, but I find it hard to imagine that she would have done nearly as well on Streammates as she did on MFC spending only 10 minutes topless.
Hi, maybe you could help me? I started in MFC and already tested other sites but I feel like I'm doing it wrong

Broadcasting mainly on cb and not so much on mfc my opinion about mfc is this:

It seems like the default settings for the "new" status is seven broadcasting days. In these seven days it is "fairly" easy to make some money there. Be aware of this: The second your cam goes on, you get hit with pms from people in the mfc lounges asking you if you wanna see their dick, get naked for "admire", western union, gift cards for skype etc. Just all kinds of ways to trick you. Even having been on cam for years on cb it freaked me out but I didn't fall for any of it. So if mfc is really your first cam site, and you did no research at all chances are very, very high, you will fall for one these things. BUT compared to chaturbate extra attention as long as you are new is MUCH bigger on mfc.

So if you just wanna make some money for a holiday or whatever, you don't fall for any of the tricks of the users and just shrug these off and don't have the plan to cam very long, mfc is definitely your choice.

When "new" status is gone, things get more complicated. You are now faced with camscore. These days I am a bit of a retro cammer. Meaning I only cam. I don't sell pictures, videos, kik, snap, whatever. This is a HUGE disadvantage for me on mfc, since selling these things on mfc improves the camscore. Without these tokens I had a hard time keeping a fairly good camscore.

So if you sell other things besides live cam shows, mfc is the better choice over cb. CB does not reward these things, MFC does through the camscore. If you only wanna do cam shows, try chaturbate. Also on chaturbate you can make new accounts and try over, something that is not possible on mfc.

Last edited:
Broadcasting mainly on cb and not so much on mfc my opinion about mfc is this:

It seems like the default settings for the "new" status is seven broadcasting days. In these seven days it is "fairly" easy to make some money there. Be aware of this: The second your cam goes on, you get hit with pms from people in the mfc lounges asking you if you wanna see their dick, get naked for "admire", western union, gift cards for skype etc. Just all kinds of ways to trick you. Even having been on cam for years on cb it freaked me out but I didn't fall for any of it. So if mfc is really your first cam site, and you did no research at all chances are very, very high, you will fall for one these things. BUT compared to chaturbate extra attention as long as you are new is MUCH bigger on mfc.

So if you just wanna make some money for a holiday or whatever, you don't fall for any of the tricks of the users and just shrug these off and don't have the plan to cam very long, mfc is definitely your choice.

When "new" status is gone, things get more complicated. You are now faced with camscore. These days I am a bit of a retro cammer. Meaning I only cam. I don't sell pictures, videos, kik, snap, whatever. This is a HUGE disadvantage for me on mfc, since selling these things on mfc improves the camscore. Without these tokens I had a hard time keeping a fairly good camscore.

So if you sell other things besides live cam shows, mfc is the better choice over cb. CB does not reward these things, MFC does through the camscore. If you only wanna do cam shows, try chaturbate. Also on chaturbate you can make new accounts and try over, something that is not possible on mfc.
You can turn pms off as well this is what I do.

I would recommend that girls who've never ever cammed before start out on Chaturbate to learn the ropes, and then move on to MFC once they've gotten the hang of camming. Chaturbate has problems, but they don't have the pressure of camscore, so you're not punished for staying on for long periods of time if you're not making much.

Yes, but it's not trivial to find. For a beginner even more so. Plus for me it didn't work at first.
I found it perfectly fine and I was brand new.

Reactions: AlexaCrush
Status
Not open for further replies.