AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is PayPal safe to use?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2017
Chaturbate Username
Peachescake
I've been getting requests from my viewers to pay me off of my camsite in exchange for pics, custom vids, etc. I am wondering which payment methods are safe and private.

Here are some questions:

Is PayPal secure? Is my private information safe from my viewers (email, number, name, IP, etc).

What are some off site payment options? Ex. PayPal, circlepay etc.

Which payment method is the most private, and/or is it possible to keep all personal information secret?

How do you receive money from viewers off your original site?

deja vu? i swear i just said something about this. lol. :p

PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE FOR SEXWORK. IF THEY FIND OUT (AND THEY WILL) THEY WILL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND NOT RELEASE YOUR FUNDS FOR BREAKING TOS.

check out indie bill bb

i don't really take customers offsite unless they find me offsite. some sites may ban you if they find out you are actively pursuing offsite payments and using their site to poach custies. i keep options for indie on my twitter.. them paying on mainsite help maintain placement/camscore/ranking. which helps me out in the long run.

As has been said before
PayPal isn't safe to use at all.
Depending on where you live there really isn't very many options for safe offsite payments (indiebill is the only one I know of now).
Be very careful with off site requests too, lots of models get scammed out of content. I don't take any off site payments from anyone I haven't already worked with before.
Always receive your payments before you send anything.
Even if it's stuff off your wishlist or whatever, don't send anything until you have the money or the stuff. I can't even count the amount of times I've had people try to scam me by "buying" me stuff off my wishlist and then not paying or canceling it last minute.

I don't bother taking off site payments anymore, too much bullshit.

Make them pay you on the camsite if they wish that much your content :)
When people ask for payments off the site the sad reality is that they only try to scam you and if they pay they will report your account for adult content to have back the money.

Your account will be shut down. They will take your money. If you heard a model go "teeth click well I use it with no problem", it is only a matter of time.
this. i always see models who accept paypal or any other banned payment processor on twitter eventually complain about losing their account. some of them were warned too.

Sex work is not all I do, and I don't accept PayPal for ANY business-related payment anymore, PERIOD. STAY AWAY. They are not a bank, no matter how much they try to act like they are. They're barely regulated in general. According to their terms, the customer is always right, you are always wrong. They will freeze your account with them, they will go after any other bank account you've linked, they will freeze the accounts of your friends and family. You will not be able to contact anyone helpful in customer service. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use PayPal.

Anyway, the answer to the original post is crypto. Pity there's still such a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.