AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is Superbowl Sunday slow for models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ended up watching the super bowl on TV because a station here broadcasted it, but we didn't get the ads. :crybaby: This makes me sad. Apparently there was one with Kaley Cuoco, I would have liked to see it.

LilyMarie said:
So I ended up watching the super bowl on TV because a station here broadcasted it, but we didn't get the ads. :crybaby: This makes me sad. Apparently there was one with Kaley Cuoco, I would have liked to see it.

Nordling said:
Wow. Now this is an innovative way to log on for chat but not lose the SB fans. She superimposed the game on her window:

But it is also risky. Because that is major copyright violation.

It not only puts her at major financial risk (as well as potential jail time), but also MFC. All it would have taken was one employee of CBS or the NFL to have turned on her stream, and they could sue the pants off her and MFC.

She'd face copyright violations from both the NFL and CBS, one for each person who viewed her stream. They could also claim that because she made money while showing the game, she was charging people for it, which is heftier fines, damages and potential jail time. MFC would also face similar, especially since they could argue that MFC had the opportunity to kill her stream, but did not take it. CBS and the NFL could also attempt to get MFC shut down and claim all monies as damages, not just the tokens she earned, thus hurting all the other models on the site. They'd also force MFC to release to them her actual information so they could pursue the copyright violation claims against her.

I doubt anyone from either organization was online watching her stream, mind you, but the risk is there.

Plus, I'm pretty sure MFC has listed in their model contracts about broadcasting copyrighted material on their streams, as well as any penalties for doing so.

So, it might have been a neat idea to keep viewers during the game. But it was an awful big risk on her part, even if she doesn't realize it.

UncleThursday said:
Nordling said:
Wow. Now this is an innovative way to log on for chat but not lose the SB fans. She superimposed the game on her window:
[...]
Isn't it just as risky as playing copyrighted songs in one's room?

bsurs said:
UncleThursday said:
Nordling said:
[...]
Isn't it just as risky as playing copyrighted songs in one's room?

Harder to prove the copyrighted songs. You gotta actually record them being played, and then prove that it really was that model's room playing it, and not just your own radio. In the case of the game, it just has to be screen shotted.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Status
Not open for further replies.