AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a way to be logged on to MFC but be hidden?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Luna,

although I haven't seen your room yet, I have a feeling you probably get a good number of members in there on the regular. The ones that tend to PM me a lot are ones that for whatever reason have low scores and not many tips, and usually don't have many members in their rooms unless they whip out the hitachi and start doing an intense public show (both are pretty attractive, and one has a completely awesome personality and is fun to just talk shit with, even when she's clothed).

So at least, in my head, when they're PMing me, I see them sitting there with 1 member and 4 guests and the only comments in the room are "anal BB" ..."fist BB" ..."piss BB!" "feet BB!" lmao. That makes me feel really bad, so I get guilted into opening up another window when I don't really want to.

LadyLuna said:
I wouldn't feel bad at all about hearing "Hey gorgeous, I'm checking out another model atm, but I'll get back to you later!"

In fact, I don't even get it that polite from most of my fans ;) It's usually more of a "hey, __ is online right now, I'mma watch her for a bit". I'm all like "Have fun ^.^" and if it's a REALLY slow day, I might even join by watching the model on my prem account.

EDIT: This is usually not me pming them first... this is usually them noticing that I'm online and sending word. I only pm a friend if it's someone who's usually in my room every time I'm on and I've been on for a good half hour with no word from them. Why? Because members have told me quite a few times "really? I didn't see you...." when MFC fucked up and didn't register that I was online.

I don't get why anyone could be bothered with PMing people that aren't in their room, especially initiating the convo. That said, maybe I'm just lazy :lol: (if I'm bored I just log off and come back later, my attention span for boredom is extremely low)

I know that when I'm being bugged by PM when I'm on my perv account and I can't be bothered to get into a whole conversation with someone I'll just politely tell them that I'm not in the mood for a conversation but I might speak to them later. That seems to work for me most of the time (and anyone who is really too stupid to deal with that and carries on gets iggied). Most of my sisters on MFC are intelligent enough to work it out without having to have the riot act read to them. Or at least I hope they are.

Wow thanks! I had looked in the personal options, security, privacy options, etc...the places where you'd think this would be, but I see it now, and I've changed my setting... so we'll see if it works! Damn, they made that a bit hard to find.
Thanks!

Dazza235 said:
Bocefish said:
There is an option to hide where you are in personal settings. Otherwise, if someone looks on your profile it will say what room you're in.

Holy crap. I went looking for this setting and if you hadn't told me it existed, I never would have found it. It's not on the usual "My Account" or "Personal Options" screens at all (at least, not that I could see).

I had to go in to "My Account", find the "My Profile Settings" link and then click the "Profile Settings" link on the left to even find the top "Anonymity Setting" :angry4: .

And people think Facebook is cryptic on their privacy settings, sheesh :lol:

Thanks Bocefish,much appreciated.

Sooo, I need to grow a pair because I'd rather a friendly model just not know I'm online, rather than to have to tell her that I don't want to go to her room and give her one of the few tips she's gonna get today? Ok...sure.

These aren't AspenRae type models getting tip after tip, these are models whom I just want to be kind of delicate with because they're not getting much of anything.

ComicOzzie said:
JoleneJolene said:
Maybe don't tip girls who guilt trip you into it? That's my only suggestion. :twocents-02cents:

Or grow a pair. That might help too.

I would have zero issue hearing that you're in another room and will come see me later. What I cannot stand is when a guy PMs me and says that he's in another models room... but then wants to have a long conversation with me in PM. I think this issue can go both ways. Models should respect guys going to other rooms, but guys need to respect that if they aren't going to go to the girls room, then they may not get to talk to her then.

I can agree with that... but just to be clear, I wasn't so much complaining about getting the PMs, just looking for a way to be logged on without being seen by the senders...at least sometimes, so they wouldn't see me and then send them.

EllaXoXo said:
I would have zero issue hearing that you're in another room and will come see me later. What I cannot stand is when a guy PMs me and says that he's in another models room... but then wants to have a long conversation with me in PM. I think this issue can go both ways. Models should respect guys going to other rooms, but guys need to respect that if they aren't going to go to the girls room, then they may not get to talk to her then.

Getting unwanted PMs is a bit annoying and I understand, sometimes the PM is from someone you like but you are otherwise involved and don't wish to chat with said model/member at that time. With friends this is pretty rare and I'll take the time to say "hi." For the record, simple greetings are always welcome. :)

Getting unwanted PMs from someone you barely know is another thing. I've taken to simply clicking them off when this happens, and 99% of the PM'ers seem to understand that I'm busy when I don't reply. Only two have persisted with stuff like, "u no luv me no more bb?" But eventually they get the idea. lol One exception--a certain Romanian who continued this practice (PMing the moment I log on) for several weeks. But even her, eventually she got the hint. :)

Just to point out how full of shit I am

AbiSneaks just sent me a small-talk PM while she was on cam

and I went into her room.

Pic related, it's my face when I realized this.

Attachments

• gusta.png
    gusta.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 148
hisexdrive said:
What I mean is logging on and being hidden from anyone except the model and members in the same room I'm in at the moment? I'm asking because there are a couple of models whose rooms I visit often, and tip them, and will continue to do so... but if I'm in like, my favorite model's room, I'd rather not get a bunch of PMs from one of the others asking me to come to her room to help tip her for a show. It's more of a guilt thing than anything else, because I don't want to say "no, I'm busy right now" or just ignore them; I'd rather just be invisible to them until I actually want to go to their rooms. Mind you, the ones who look for me (I see the little binnoculars pop up on the right side of my screen when I log on, so I guess there is some setting to look for certain members or something) are ones that I'm really cool with, so I'm not looking to make them feel bad or to tell them off or anything like that.

I have looked through the settings/options, but I guess I'm missing something if the setting is there; and I don't want to put them on ignore or restrict them from sending me PMs.

Thanks for any help!

You're sweet. :)

I've had guys tell me that models have cussed them out when "catching them" in other models' rooms, and models have said things like "Why are you in HER room??? Come to MY room!" :roll: That is ridiculous. Make your money, and stop worrying about what he's doing in her room...ya know?

Sometimes I'll log in just to edit my profile, and I'll have someone pm me, trying to have a looong conversation with me. And I'm thinking 'Damn, I wish people would talk to me this much when I'm actually in chat...those moments of silence are NOT cool.'

Reactions: 1 person
MadisonLeigh said:
Sorry to derail this, but Fox, don't log in with the software to edit your profile! That will mess up your camscore! Log in here: http://profiles.myfreecams.com/?action=process_login

Thanks, Madison. I log into the homepage to do it, because lately the model software is so screwy for me, that clicking on 'My Profile' from it won't even do anything. Strange.

I've heard that too, about it messing up your score, and then I've heard others say that it doesn't harm it. I've always believed that it was a myth (just like the myth about 1-token tips hurting your cam score). I thought that the cam score thing begins the moment you click 'Start Webcam.' I guess I should check the Wiki page again to see if it mentions this. Also, I've been logged into the model software for a long period of time just PMing friends, and it didn't affect my score. Thanks for looking out for me though, Madison. :)

The_Brown_Fox said:
MadisonLeigh said:
Sorry to derail this, but Fox, don't log in with the software to edit your profile! That will mess up your camscore! Log in here: http://profiles.myfreecams.com/?action=process_login

Thanks, Madison. I log into the homepage to do it, because lately the model software is so screwy for me, that clicking on 'My Profile' from it won't even do anything. Strange.

I've heard that too, about it messing up your score, and then I've heard others say that it doesn't harm it. I've always believed that it was a myth (just like the myth about 1-token tips hurting your cam score). I thought that the cam score thing begins the moment you click 'Start Webcam.' I guess I should check the Wiki page again to see if it mentions this. Also, I've been logged into the model software for a long period of time just PMing friends, and it didn't affect my score. Thanks for looking out for me though, Madison. :)

Trust me! It ain't no myth. I would not even suggest logging into MFC website under your model name just to be safe.
Sorry to be off subject, I just wanted to confirm.

Reactions: 1 person
Camscore and the factors relating to it are a combination of science, alchemy and the arcane.

Thanks :-D (mental note...remember to search for Brown_Fox next time I'm on mfc...)

yeah, luckily I haven't had a model curse me out yet
The_Brown_Fox said:
You're sweet. :)

I've had guys tell me that models have cussed them out when "catching them" in other models' rooms, and models have said things like "Why are you in HER room??? Come to MY room!" :roll: That is ridiculous. Make your money, and stop worrying about what he's doing in her room...ya know?

Sometimes I'll log in just to edit my profile, and I'll have someone pm me, trying to have a looong conversation with me. And I'm thinking 'Damn, I wish people would talk to me this much when I'm actually in chat...those moments of silence are NOT cool.'

hisexdrive said:
Thanks :-D (mental note...remember to search for Brown_Fox next time I'm on mfc...)

Or, you could just do what I've done; click the link at the bottom of her posts which leads to her profile page
(the one that looks just like this http://profiles.myfreecams.com/yummybrownfox)
And/Or
open MFC, click your manage/add friends link on the right bottom-ish part, then add her name to your friend list.

Then you can not only cyberstalk her and pounce when she gets on-cam, you can ALSO pm her when she's just trying to do stuff as she mentioned above AND she will get the chance to get to know you and send you PM's complaining about you being online and not being in her room :lol: (totally joking on that last part, I hope :p )

And while we're OT, tip for the models on here - the majority of rooms I visit now are due to getting to know y'all on this fine forum and following the link when it's included in your signature, then liking enough of your profile that I add you to my friend list so I don't have to go looking for you every time I go to MFC and finally seeing you online and getting to know you.

Have a signature ladies, it really helps your exposure. Add Twitter, other cam sites, picture sites, anything that can promote you. It works and it's free.

Dazza235 said:
And while we're OT, tip for the models on here - the majority of rooms I visit now are due to getting to know y'all on this fine forum and following the link when it's included in your signature, then liking enough of your profile that I add you to my friend list so I don't have to go looking for you every time I go to MFC and finally seeing you online and getting to know you.

Have a signature ladies, it really helps your exposure. Add Twitter, other cam sites, picture sites, anything that can promote you. It works and it's free.

I actually didn't know, until just recently, that you can be in a model's chat (chatting with others) even when she isn't on cam. Wow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.