AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a way to be logged on to MFC but be hidden?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2011
What I mean is logging on and being hidden from anyone except the model and members in the same room I'm in at the moment? I'm asking because there are a couple of models whose rooms I visit often, and tip them, and will continue to do so... but if I'm in like, my favorite model's room, I'd rather not get a bunch of PMs from one of the others asking me to come to her room to help tip her for a show. It's more of a guilt thing than anything else, because I don't want to say "no, I'm busy right now" or just ignore them; I'd rather just be invisible to them until I actually want to go to their rooms. Mind you, the ones who look for me (I see the little binnoculars pop up on the right side of my screen when I log on, so I guess there is some setting to look for certain members or something) are ones that I'm really cool with, so I'm not looking to make them feel bad or to tell them off or anything like that.

I have looked through the settings/options, but I guess I'm missing something if the setting is there; and I don't want to put them on ignore or restrict them from sending me PMs.

Thanks for any help!

Reactions: Smores
yeah...I already have the friend pm option but when a friend starts bugging you to come to her room everytime you log on there's the dilemma - if you remove her she'll know you removed her, and if you dont remove her you'll get bugged lol.

Maybe don't tip girls who guilt trip you into it? That's my only suggestion. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: RedHerby1
Jupiter551 said:
yeah...I already have the friend pm option but when a friend starts bugging you to come to her room everytime you log on there's the dilemma - if you remove her she'll know you removed her, and if you dont remove her you'll get bugged lol.
I eventually had to do exactly that with a model. The PM just letting me know she was online wasn't really a problem but she'd get all butt hurt if I didn't then come to her room. Way out of line expecting me to leave whatever room/conversation I was in at the time to come give her my attention.

I really prefer that models use the news feed for that purpose, much less intrusive.

Lord_Latex said:
Jupiter551 said:
I eventually had to do exactly that with a model. The PM just letting me know she was online wasn't really a problem but she'd get all butt hurt if I didn't then come to her room. Way out of line expecting me to leave whatever room/conversation I was in at the time to come give her my attention.

I really prefer that models use the news feed for that purpose, much less intrusive.

yeah same, eventually I just ignored the constant pms and she stopped, and now I can visit her room occasionally without feeling like she might be on my case for not being in there every time she's logged on.

What I've done recently, since I couldn't find a "hidden" option, is to make a brand new account that I'll use when the models I was speaking of are online. Originally I thought just changing my screenname on my original account would suffice, but I guess your old name is still linked to it from the model's viewpoint, and they still found me. Now with the new account, if I see them logged on, I'll use the new account, and if I want to go into their rooms, I'll use the original account. It sucks sometimes because I'll transfer tokens to one or the other account, then I'm logged in as one of them, and go to tip, forgetting that I had transferred most of the tokens to the other name, so I'll have to log in on another screen to transfer some back.

Again, the models I'm speaking about are ones that I'm real cool with, so I'd really rather not just cut them off.

The alternate account works well enough though I guess...but thanks for the answers everybody!

The little binoculars you see are them watching your webcam. You probably want to remove them from your "allowed viewers" list if you have your cam on and don't want them watching ya. ;)

hisexdrive said:
The alternate account works well enough though I guess...but thanks for the answers everybody!
you have a good chance that the alternate account runs into quite the same. another model you visit with that account will starting to pm and in the end you start a third account, a fourth account....
i try to put on the away message - so they know i am not available at the moment.

Ah ha.... I see...thanks Amber. See, you are as helpful as you are hot.
That does explain the binnocs... I had my settings set to only models, not only friends. I had seen them the last couple times I logged on, and during those times I did have my cam on....but they have pm'd me mostly when the cam wasn't on (like today) so they definitely find me even when the cam is off. I will change that setting though, so thank you.

AmberCutie said:
The little binoculars you see are them watching your webcam. You probably want to remove them from your "allowed viewers" list if you have your cam on and don't want them watching ya. ;)

I didn't mention, I only use the alternate name when I want to be in the rooms of my favorites and I don't want the other ones trying to pull me away, and my favorites don't tend to bug me. I could see what you are talking about though, so I do need to be careful.

Traditio said:
you have a good chance that the alternate account runs into quite the same. another model you visit with that account will starting to pm and in the end you start a third account, a fourth account....
i try to put on the away message - so they know i am not available at the moment.

Why do no bbs ever pm my prem account? I feel hosed here!

Even if you could log on hidden, MFC still shows your last login on the friends panel and your profile, if you have it active. If you don't want to have anything to do with a model, then remove her from your friends list and block her. Otherwise, at least show her the courtesy of being honest with her.

Reactions: AbbyBratty
Sevrin said:
Even if you could log on hidden, MFC still shows your last login on the friends panel and your profile, if you have it active. If you don't want to have anything to do with a model, then remove her from your friends list and block her. Otherwise, at least show her the courtesy of being honest with her.

What if it's not that you don't want to have anything to do with her, but don't want to hang out in her room ALL the time I'm on MFC?

I'm like a butterfly, and there are all varieties of flowers I need to visit!

It's not like we're in a relationship...I shouldn't have to make the decision to either "dump her" off my friend list or "be honest" that I'm "cheating" on her.

Why should I have to have an awkward conversation telling her that I like her and want to come to her room and tip her still from time to time, but that I find her annoying? It's none of her business how I spend my time on MFC.

Jupiter551 said:
Sevrin said:

What if it's not that you don't want to have anything to do with her, but don't want to hang out in her room ALL the time I'm on MFC?

I'm like a butterfly, and there are all varieties of flowers I need to visit!

It's not like we're in a relationship...I shouldn't have to make the decision to either "dump her" off my friend list or "be honest" that I'm "cheating" on her.

Why should I have to have an awkward conversation telling her that I like her and want to come to her room and tip her still from time to time, but that I find her annoying? It's none of her business how I spend my time on MFC.
Yeah I agree with Jup. I visit a large handful of girls, but theres a couple that I am in daily. When I'm in my daily rooms, I don't want to feel guilty for being there, which unfortunately does happen sometimes when I get a PM from another model on my friend list. But that doesn't mean I want to remove them from my friend list and "be done with them".

It's an awkward situation, but oh well.

hisexdrive said:
a bunch of PMs from one of the others asking me to come to her room to help tip her for a show

Any model who PMs me to invite me to a show gets an immediate iggy. Bitches need to learn that this is not an appropriate behavior.

I consider any small-talk PM from a model while she is on cam to be an invitation to go to her room. If a model is on cam, she should be paying attention to her current room viewers, and not harassing her fans who are obviously not yet in the room for a reason.

I don't believe I'm the only one who does this, and dumb models may be losing more fans than they realize if they pull shit like this.

This is also the reason I rarely ever go into model rooms nowadays (except Amber's room), instead preferring to stay in the lounge where it is safe. Nothing more annoying than going into a model's room for a few minutes and then suddenly she thinks you're a huge fan and then PMs-guilts you all the time.

Attachments

• 1312603148857.png
    1312603148857.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 240
I wouldn't feel bad at all about hearing "Hey gorgeous, I'm checking out another model atm, but I'll get back to you later!"

In fact, I don't even get it that polite from most of my fans ;) It's usually more of a "hey, __ is online right now, I'mma watch her for a bit". I'm all like "Have fun ^.^" and if it's a REALLY slow day, I might even join by watching the model on my prem account.

EDIT: This is usually not me pming them first... this is usually them noticing that I'm online and sending word. I only pm a friend if it's someone who's usually in my room every time I'm on and I've been on for a good half hour with no word from them. Why? Because members have told me quite a few times "really? I didn't see you...." when MFC fucked up and didn't register that I was online.

I actually think the hidden feature is a good idea. Most message boards I'm on, like this one, have this, too. But if I get a PM from someone I don't want to talk to, I just ignore it, just like I'd ignore a phone call. MFC doesn't have an AFK flag, so unless someone sees me in another room and tells the person I'm avoiding that I'm not afk, then that person won't know. And the "hidden" feature wouldn't help there, either.

I usually just tell the model straight up, I'm gonna hang with this other model tonight but I will see you soon. Just make sure you tell her that you appreciate the invite and don't forget to tell her that she is beautiful!! Try to make her feel good as you tell her your not hanging out with her tonight. And if she doesn't understand then you probably wouldn't want to hang with her anyways!!

I wish they did have that feature on MFC though..... would be nice to jump on MFC every once in a while without being hounded by PM's

LadyLuna said:
when MFC fucked up and didn't register that I was online.

This is a valid recurring problem that can happen when you change status (not status message). Like when you change from Away to Public.

Most models are familiar with how many members are usually in their chat when they are clothed, how many when they are topless, how many when they are naked, how many when they are cliturbating, etc.

If you change from Away to Public and your room count doesn't go up at all, even close to your normal levels (for whatever state of undress) after a few minutes, it's usually a good sign you have the problem. In that case of course it would be fine to PM a friend to ask if you appear online or not.

My issue is with the bimbos who casually guilt-PM every 'friend' who is not in their chat when they get online or when they are online and bored.

Also Amber brought up the good point that if a model is really good friends with a member, she probably knows him well enough to know whether or not he'd be annoyed by a PM.

I'm only taking issue with models guilt-PMing members who are only occasional viewers or with who they are only acquaintances.

And don't try to tell me you don't know what a guilt-PM is.

bawksy said:
Also Amber brought up the good point that if a model is really good friends with a member, she probably knows him well enough to know whether or not he'd be annoyed by a PM.

I'm only taking issue with models guilt-PMing members who are only occasional viewers or with who they are only acquaintances.

Bawksy, I don't know how I'm going to make the rent.

There is an option to hide where you are in personal settings. Otherwise, if someone looks on your profile it will say what room you're in. There is also an "Away Setting" in personal options you can turn on with a personal message that will auto-reply for you. Or you can just ignore certain PMs and say it wasn't working if questioned about it later. Certain browsers can hide the PM alert when your screen is maximized too. Plenty of options, just sayin'.

Reactions: Dazza235
Bocefish said:
There is an option to hide where you are in personal settings. Otherwise, if someone looks on your profile it will say what room you're in.

Holy crap. I went looking for this setting and if you hadn't told me it existed, I never would have found it. It's not on the usual "My Account" or "Personal Options" screens at all (at least, not that I could see).

I had to go in to "My Account", find the "My Profile Settings" link and then click the "Profile Settings" link on the left to even find the top "Anonymity Setting" :angry4: .

And people think Facebook is cryptic on their privacy settings, sheesh :lol:

Thanks Bocefish,much appreciated.

Dazza235 said:
Bocefish said:
There is an option to hide where you are in personal settings. Otherwise, if someone looks on your profile it will say what room you're in.

Holy crap. I went looking for this setting and if you hadn't told me it existed, I never would have found it. It's not on the usual "My Account" or "Personal Options" screens at all (at least, not that I could see).

I had to go in to "My Account", find the "My Profile Settings" link and then click the "Profile Settings" link on the left to even find the top "Anonymity Setting" :angry4: .

I tried playing with this a couple of times and came to the conclusion that it doesn't actually work. And it is set to "No" by default.

bawksy said:

What he said. If Amber, Elay, or any model here who are on each other's friend lists pm me - no problem. It's 'hi bb, am on cam' second I log on that I hate (and don't reply to).

Intelligent models who have me on their friend list cos they know I won't bug them with inane shit, are also on my friend list because they're intelligent enough not to beg me for attention (and have no need to).

Dazza235 said:
Bocefish said:

WTF Dazza!!! How am I supposed to stalk you now when you aren't in my room?
Oh funny thing I have noticed from the other side! I have member who enjoys being pmed, guilted and begged. He even brags about it in my room!
"oh, so and so is back from private. I better leave before she sees I'm gone. She gets jealous ya know." He want's more than anything to be pestered by models! This is also a very obvious sign of somebody having the potential as a member to get too close. I avoid pming unless there is something personal i need to tell the member... like their package shipped, or if i'm responding to them pm'ing me. That is just too much multitasking for me! I get frazzled!

Reactions: RedHerby1
Didn't say that I don't want to have anything to do with the models in question... I just would rather they not know that I'm online, when I don't want them to know that I'm online, because they send me PMs to get me to come to their room (I guess because I tip consistently, and these two don't get a lot of tips). I like both of them a lot, and I like going to their rooms...when I feel like going to their rooms. The vast vast vast majority of models don't do this, but these two in particular have done it enough to the point where I made an alternate account so that they couldn't. I still visit their rooms with the old one and tip them from it.

I'm just trying to not come off like I'm turning them down, and please don't think that I'm making this out to be like I think they have a personal thing for me or anything... cause I know they don't...

Sevrin said:

Status
Not open for further replies.