AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is There a Way to Exclude Chaturbate Threads from "What's New"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I do not know if Amber's discussion forum software has this feature, but is there an easy way to exclude all of the posts in the "Chaturbate" section from the "What's New" list? It is pretty obvious to everyone that Amber's forum has become CB's default support forum, and these CB-related "I was banned" threads are now filling up 80% of the What's New section. I am pretty sure that 90% of us do not want to read yet-another "I was banned" thread. I am also pretty sure that the inability to see what is actually new in real discussions is cutting back on the amount of content on this site. If there were an easy way to have "What's New" simply exclude the entire content of the Chaturbate topic, that would expose the real conversations on this website.

There is not.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
If I was a member, I'd be afraid to even buy tokens on that site to tip, because CB can just get away with banning that model for no reason...and then keeping all of the money, as we've seen happen from these forum posts. I've been telling so many banned CB models on here to come on over to MyFreeCams and Stripchat. I feel like I need to make that my ACF signature or something.

Without a workaround, just scroll to the topics in NEW that you want to read, open them in new tabs, then MARK ALL AS READ to get rid of the CB threads from NEW.

(It's what I do unless i'm specifically going through the CB threads to lock them)

If I knew any girl that was considering going onto cb I would say only if they were planning on having a social network connected and to take out any income they made asap each time.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I pulled up the Chaturbate thread and marked them all as read and that worked for me. Guess I'll have to do it daily.
oh heckers, I think you just taught me how to do something on my own forum. Thank you! @Smores this is the best recommendation so far.

Reactions: melanieoncam
I pulled up the Chaturbate thread and marked them all as read and that worked for me. Guess I'll have to do it daily.
I tried that and when I go to "What's New" the CB threads are there. But they are marked as read. That's an improvement, for sure, but since 80%+ of all new activity is in those CB threads, it still means you do not see much of What's New outside of CB.

When I go to the "New Posts" subarea of "What's New" then I only see one CB post in the CB forum. But that might just be luck of the draw rather than excluding the ones I marked as read.

After you marked CB forum as read, where were you going and did you see any CB threads in that view?

I appreciate the idea.

Does anyone over at CB ever read this forum and see how dissatisfied people are and how they stand out as the only site that constantly bans?
Apparently they do. The last couple of days the punker_barbie account have been answering posts like there's no tomorrow, but it remains to be seen if their casework improves at the other end.

I tried that and when I go to "What's New" the CB threads are there. But they are marked as read. That's an improvement, for sure, but since 80%+ of all new activity is in those CB threads, it still means you do not see much of What's New outside of CB.

When I go to the "New Posts" subarea of "What's New" then I only see one CB post in the CB forum. But that might just be luck of the draw rather than excluding the ones I marked as read.

After you marked CB forum as read, where were you going and did you see any CB threads in that view?

I appreciate the idea.
When I read the board I always click the "new posts" button.

Marking Chaturbate forum read keeps me from having to sort through any of those posts when I mark the Chaturbate forum as read. I've never used the "what's new" link at all so I'm not sure how that one works.

I've never used the "what's new" link at all so I'm not sure how that one works.
It just shows you what is new across the forum as a whole; new profile posts, new media, new comments on profile posts/media, new forum posts and a massive list of everything that has happened since your last visit etc. etc. The "New posts" button on the front page is just a shortcut to What's New -> New posts.

I don't use the "Whats new" function in this forum for the stated reason. Usually I open any subforums I'm interested in in a separate tab, end up with 3-4 tabs and go through them one after the other.

Although small, this is one of the best forums I know on the technical side. The CB thread flood is kind of annoying but as it helps some models a great deal it's worth it.

IMO CB should donate to ACF regularly in order to cover some of the costs.

After you marked CB forum as read
then you'd go to the main page and click this
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.52.59 AM.png

OR this from any page
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.58.36 AM.png

then this
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.53.33 AM.png

And you'd see posts that are unread to you (new) from everything outside of the CB section since you just marked the CB unreads as read.

Just as I don't accept payment for ad opportunities here, I wouldn't charge users or reps for using the forum. Imagine me accepting payment from CB to keep the unofficial support section up, then I continually criticize and mock their crappy support. This way I don't feel guilty. :D

Just as I don't accept payment for ad opportunities here, I wouldn't charge users or reps for using the forum. Imagine me accepting payment from CB to keep the unofficial support section up, then I continually criticize and mock their crappy support. This way I don't feel guilty. :D
I should note that a long time ago, Shirley did send me a sweet little thank you gift which was very appreciated. But things were also different when she herself was replying to people on the forum. There was actual information shared, and more personal follow ups were made.

Everything feels so ridiculous now because people come here thinking they're getting that from the new punker barbie(s), but all they get are confirmations of emails with no other information. So in general, the whole section is less helpful than it used to be. No one reading the posts can learn by seeing what went wrong, and know what to avoid doing or how to deal with support issues. There's rarely followup by the CB users for a multitude of reasons, so since there are generic "confirmed support emailed you" instead of informational replies, there's nothing to learn from. And the few CB users who do followup often say that CB support told them it was a mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.