AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is using your MFC stage name on Steamate... Legal?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I saved my MFC contract... even though I can't, for the life of me, understand it and read it... but I saved it regardless.

I'm signing up for Steamate as well to see how that goes [just starting out. Plus sized cam girl.]

My issue is, I really like my stage name that I've picked, I'm sort of fond of it. I'm curious if I'll be violating MFC's terms if I use my stage name on Steamate.

"
13. MODEL RELEASE. As a condition of MODEL using MFC software and Websites, MODEL certifies the following "Release", written in the first-person as would be spoken and sworn by MODEL:

13.1 "I allow MFC to use my Performances, stage name, likeness, persona, voice, pictures, chat, video, audio, and anything else associated with my interaction with MFC (collectively my “Appearance”) in any way, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, and without limitation. I grant and assign to MFC all rights, title, interest and copyrights associated with my Appearance. I agree that MFC may edit my Appearance in any way and I agree that MFC has no obligation to use my Appearance. I agree that the rights hereby granted to MFC also extend to MFC's subsidiaries, successors, licensees, and assignees."
"

That's what I dug up from my contract, that's the only thing I could find, on my own, that had "stage name" in it.

From that, does that mean I cannot use the same stage name on another website?

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Also, 5pointmodels. Signed up and scanned my ID. Was stupid not to research them first and ended up finding out they aren't great. I emailed them about termination of my account and heard nothing back. Will there be any legal issues there?

I got to the page where there was a checklist of things I needed to do... I know I scanned and sent in my ID, I don't think there was anything else I did though. Troubles on a later date for this?

Lovely. As long as I can legally use it, that's all I care about.

It's not copywritten by somebody else either.

streamate and mfc are very open about us having the same stage name. They recognize that some regulars tend to follow us from site to site, and having the same stage name will be a boon.

My Girl Fund is not okay with it. If you try to sign up there, you have to come up with a name that has nothing to do with any name you've ever used before. I hate coming up with names, so I have never signed up with that site.

I was wondering the same thing. I am going to sign up at Streamate and wanted to use the name I use on MFC. I will not be quiting MFC. It is just so slow for me at MFC now.

LadyLuna said:
My Girl Fund is not okay with it. If you try to sign up there, you have to come up with a name that has nothing to do with any name you've ever used before. I hate coming up with names, so I have never signed up with that site.

Well, shoot! I didn't know that. Could be helpful if they told us... -_- Maybe that's why I haven't received any notification of my account becoming active even though I uploaded all of my documents weeks ago. Maybe I should just delete it and open a new one under a different name?

Status
Not open for further replies.