AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

IT!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan469

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 1, 2017
East Side Motha Fucka
MFC Username
waitnonyou
Streamate Username
Logan469
Chaturbate Username
Shyguy469
I'm not really a horror movie type of person but after the Trailers and the one minute clip i saw with pennwise giving georgie back his boat, I'm getting excited for this. Should i watch the original before seeing it?

Definitely...the new clown is way creepier. I'm kind of afraid though that the hype is too much and I'll walk out disappointed like I usually am. Fingers crossed!

Kind of tangential...I ran into this movie called "Clown" I think, on netflix. It actually was pretty good! Definitely had IT inspiration and produced pretty well. If anyone is on this killer clown movie kick haha

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
On the one hand I like horror movies if they're done well, and for the time the original I felt was great (considering limited effects and such.)

On the other I have a deep set fear of clowns due to my dad having a messed up sense of humor with him thinking it was funny to tell me that IT was an actual murderous clown. I never even saw the original movie till this year.

The movie wasn't near as scary as my personal "creative imaginings" put together, but I found it quite enjoyable.

So on one end I want to see if this one beats Tim Curry's Pennywise, and on the other end my phobia of clowns is all...

1ypLdMd.gif

@Luxy Reid My mom got us started early on (maybe 4 or 5) with movies like Poltergeist for a while it messed me up but now i see the humor in it. Unlike poor @Ann_Sulu who was traumatized. Im currently downloading the original. I may watch it after drink night on cam LMAO

I watched it in the dark alone in my apartment so enjoy! I did! XD

I hear the book is much more...well the movie is apparently lighthearted in comparison. I may get around to it one day. I do enjoy King's books. I'll try to think of it (heh it) as immersion therapy. ^.^;

I hear the book is much more...well the movie is apparently lighthearted in comparison. I may get around to it one day. I do enjoy King's books. I'll try to think of it (heh it) as immersion therapy. ^.^;

The book is fantastic. Imo it's a tie with The Stand for King's best book. However, the original movie is definitely lighthearted compared to the book. There's quite a few parts that would not be able to make it into a mainstream film without causing a huge political correctness uproar. Which is totally understandable them leaving it out. My only qualm with the movie adaptation is that they put a lot more emphasis on Pennywise, when "It" is actually a manifestation of a person's greatest fear. So, he's seen as something different by each of the kids.

I'm really excited for this movie. I think Bill Skarsgard is going to do a fantastic job as Pennywise. Loved him in Hemlock Grove. Tim Curry was/is amazing, but from previews it seems like Skarsgard isn't trying to copy Curry's style but making the character his own, which I enjoy.

I don't think this film will disappoint.

If you haven't seen the original ...don't.

I do love Tim Curry's Pennywise though, so see the original after.

Reactions: Logan469
I suspect the best comparison will be comparing the Robert Mitchum version of 'Cape Fear' to the Robert DeNero one.

I'd love a remake of 'Needful Things', my favourite Steven King novel, but can't imagine it having the same intensity as the original. Remakes tend to lose the subtlety of orginals, due to wanting to celebrate the critical moments.

They're being pretty insistent that this isn't a remake of the IT miniseries, but a "re-adaption" of the novel. Skarsgard apparently read the book in it's entirety and is basing his interpretation of IT and Pennywise on that and not Currys version.
I'm really excited for the movie. I loved the book and liked the miniseries. This version of Pennywise looks extremely unsettling.

I definitely recommend the book for anyone interested in horror though. It's practically biblical in length but so worth it. I read it once years ago, and am currently trying to get through the audiobook before the movie comes out. I'm probably not going to finish in time because it's so deeply disturbing that I have to stop after an hour or 2.

IT scares the shit out of me, now its terrible to walk in the street or scroll my fb feed and see a terrifying clown!! That's the bad thing about, I have to tolerate all the ITS appearing in my life randomly since the movie was announced. Anyway I'm watching the movie in the cinema xD i like being scared.

Reactions: eyeteach
@Pia You reminded me i sent the Georgie clip where he sees him in the sewer to my mom and sister... my mom loves scary movies but shes always hiding her face. My sister on the other hand has a fear of clowns and she called me an asshole multiple times. She then told me how one now she was outside smoking (she was home alone) and when she came back in to a dark house Pennywise was on the screen.... she freaked out to say the least LMAO

• Funny!
Reactions: Pia
I watched it in the dark alone in my apartment so enjoy! I did! XD

I'm glad someone mentioned the book. Yeah, King wrote some weird....umm, shit in it. I guess its what you'd expect from a creepy clown.

I just got back home from a fun dinner and a movie date (We saw IT and loved it!). And then we watched Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses at the house.

IT was so good...omg. I'm actually wondering if me turning out the light, and going to sleep AT NIGHT is even a good idea. Lol.

I love a good movie that creeps me the fuck out. Looking forward to Jigsaw in October.

IM super excited although my standard of horror movies include "A Serbian Film" & "Martyr's" so I obviously love fucked up stuff. I'm SO hoping this lives up to the hype because American Horror NEVER does it for me (hence my love for foreign, fucked up). Going to see it as soon as we can and I will deff report back :)

Saw IT last night and as someone who is a huge fan of the book I loved it!

There were parts that were much more true to the book. What I like about IT is that it isn't just straight up horror and I'm sure anyone who is a fan of IT can agree- in a way it's of a coming-of-age story digging into a lot of deep things (first love, friendship, innocence etc).

Reactions: Gen and Ann_Sulu
Saw it today, and loved It! I was glad to see they added a lot more to the story. ^.^

I usually hate remakes but I def loved this version of IT I think it was really well done and I also liked that they added more to the story.

I felt this should have a home in this thread. :haha:

6NLJbAa.gif

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.