AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Jennifer Lawrence leaks broke the internet today.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LilyMarie said:
NoelleBright said:
There's actually a really refreshing thread about this on reddit right now.
http://www.reddit.com/r/TrollXChromosomes/comments/2f40xb/scumbag_reddit_jlaw_scandal_edition/

It kind of makes me sad that people don't feel bad about it. Is it just because she's a celebrity? What if it was your sister, cousin, or best friend who had her PRIVATE PERSONAL nude pictures leaked to the ENTIRE INTERNET against her will by some turd who was making money off of them. I bet a lot of people would feel differently about it then.
I feel like some people are subconsciously more bitter towards celebrities than they are towards 'normal people', because they feel like celebrities are so lucky and lead such seemingly amazing lives altogether, it won't hurt them as much.
As in, 'she makes millions per year, so it's not that bad'.
I can kind of understand where they're coming from when some multi-millionaire socialite/actress has her $1000 handbag stolen. It doesn't hurt her as much as it would hurt someone who's saved for years to buy it. But you obviously can't apply that logic to getting your nudes leaked. That's bound to be a cripplingly embarrassing situation for ANYONE who's not a sex worker, no matter if they're rich and famous or not, along with the added knowledge that no one will ever forget this.
When things like this happen to a normal college girl, you can bet that in a couple of years, no one in her close environment will talk about it anymore. People will just let it go eventually, the photos might even get lost. Whereas for someone like Jennifer Lawrence (or Ariana Grande, or Victoria Justice, or Mary Elizabeth Winstead, ...) people will likely still occasionally be bringing these pictures up 10 years from now, on IMDB or celeb gossip sites and such, in case these women are still somewhat relevant then. And I'm predicting a great career for Jennifer. So she won't ever get rid of this topic completely. People won't stop talking about her nudes, and sharing them, until her career is over.

So when someone on reddit goes "lol yeah I bet she's crying herself to sleep, rolling around in her millions" I can't see the logic anywhere in there. How does her money make what happened any more acceptable or any easier for here -.-
But yeah, I think that's the reason people think it's OK. :/

The reddit thread Noelle linked to has some great comments by the way.

Not surprising to see how people would apply that logic if it’s the only thing that makes sense to them

Since JL can swim in her bank account, it means buying a brand new private jet solves whatever embarrassment, anger, stress, and grief that came with her scandal. Seems like tunnel vision see’s the wealthy as immune to emotional distress since “money cures all woes,” when that’s far from the case. The Robin Williams suicide was a big indicator of that, yet some insensitive people stated how they couldn’t feel any remorse for him.

While no one hasta feel sorry for Lawrence from a financial standpoint, people can still feel bad for her as a person. People need to get it out of their heads that the rich should no longer qualify for compassion after suffering through a mishap.

I feel for Erin Andrews for example, who was recorded nude without her knowledge through a hotel room keyhole. But I have no sympathy for celebrities who knowingly took or posed for nudes & stored them on Internet-connected devices. Either they're stupid for not knowing they can and will likely be hacked, because they're a target as a wealthy & famous person. Or they knew the the risk and did it anyway. Knowing if their images did get hacked, they would gain an enormous amount of publicity from it. It is 2014 and this has happened many times a year for the last several years. This particular situation is like leaving your car running with the keys in it and the door open in a known bad neighborhood, and then having it stolen. :shifty:

Reactions: LioraVox
Truly I went and found some... it made me think of camgirls. :dance: Not even remotely guilty though I've got a lot of empathy for the ladies in the pictures. Some of them were incredibly intimate and seemed deeply personal.

What I don't get is trying to make people feel bad for looking and that's just a personal thing about spending your limited resources wisely. It won't do any good. The people looking at the pictures aren't going to feel bad and the person trying to make the bad feels, they're broadcasting your pain in such a way that makes me sad for them.

I'm too familiar with people who take pleasure in the pain of others and I make a good part of my life about not satisfying those shit filled walking cadavers.

Edit: What I'd like to see is the power of nude pictures be diminished by this. Because there's a very slim chance I'll attempt politics someday. Camming is about the only reason I'm not actively getting into it now. Its been a back burner plan I've got for my fourties. And I'm not going to start out saying I cammed when I was younger, but I will enjoy having that conversation when it comes up.

goldenaye666 said:
I feel for Erin Andrews for example, who was recorded nude without her knowledge through a hotel room keyhole. But I have no sympathy for celebrities who knowingly took or posed for nudes & stored them on Internet-connected devices. Either they're stupid for not knowing they can and will likely be hacked, because they're a target as a wealthy & famous person. Or they knew the the risk and did it anyway. Knowing if their images did get hacked, they would gain an enormous amount of publicity from it. It is 2014 and this has happened many times a year for the last several years. This particular situation is like leaving your car running with the keys in it and the door open in a known bad neighborhood, and then having it stolen. :shifty:

Or buying a car and locking it and leaving it in a garage that was supposed to be secure and having it stolen. Should have known better and not bought the car to begin with :?

mynameisbob84 said:
goldenaye666 said:

Or buying a car and locking it and leaving it in a garage that was supposed to be secure and having it stolen. Should have known better and not bought the car to begin with :?
This, so much.

To me the nudes aren't the story. I'm annoyed people are even making it into one. The real story here is iCloud getting hacked. This is supposed to be a secure environment. Most iPhones automatically back up pictures, videos and more to the cloud. So most phone users are using some sort of cloud service these days. This could happen to anyone.

So why aren't people getting pissed at the shitty security in place if some random 4chan loser can hack into a hundred accounts like that?

I myself use multiple cloud services for storage now. Granted most are just books and files for college. But I do keep databases of all my passwords, ID, SSN, all my credit card info and a lot of other personal stuff stored up there now. I'm a bit more paranoid and don't trust the cloud providers so I keep the sensitive stuff encrypted to keep it away from their eyes too. But it would piss me off to no end to get hacked and know my stuff is in some hackers hands.

KyraFortune said:
PoppyEverdeen said:
I feel bad for her.

But she's so hot.

I can't even pretend I haven't wanted to see her naked. A lot of that has to do with her personality. But I also love her boobies.

Yep and yep. My curious self totally went and found them, no lies.

:shifty:

So did I and you know something? They're both beautiful girls, nude or clothed. Maybe I went looking for the elusive "Golden Pussy" but all I saw were two nude girls, both with a coochie and a set of tits. All in all there was not a whole lot different about their pics than what an ex sent me or what one could see on mfc.

Reactions: KyraFortune
JerryBoBerry said:
This, so much.

To me the nudes aren't the story. I'm annoyed people are even making it into one. The real story here is iCloud getting hacked. This is supposed to be a secure environment. Most iPhones automatically back up pictures, videos and more to the cloud. So most phone users are using some sort of cloud service these days. This could happen to anyone.

So why aren't people getting pissed at the shitty security in place if some random 4chan loser can hack into a hundred accounts like that?

I myself use multiple cloud services for storage now. Granted most are just books and files for college. But I do keep databases of all my passwords, ID, SSN, all my credit card info and a lot of other personal stuff stored up there now. I'm a bit more paranoid and don't trust the cloud providers so I keep the sensitive stuff encrypted to keep it away from their eyes too. But it would piss me off to no end to get hacked and know my stuff is in some hackers hands.

I read a story this morning about an iCloud flaw getting corrected.

Online publication The Next Web reveals that hackers aware of an iCloud security issue (found in the Find My iPhone service) and may have taken advantage of it to break into the phones of the affected celebrities, who include Jennifer Lawrence, Ariana Grande, Kate Hudson and many more.

Apparently, a Python script was posted on Github last Monday that allows users to target any iCloud account with a “brute force” attack – basically, the program tries to repeatedly guess the password of an iTunes account (assuming the attacker already knows the email of that account) until it finds the right one.

Apple has apparently patched this security issue, and now the brute force attack will stop after the fifth unsuccessful login attempt, leaving the owner of the iTunes account unharmed as long as the password isn’t discovered in the first few tries.

However, Apple has not confirmed the hack, or whether the program was used to steal personal details from certain users.

According to The Guardian, Apple is investigating the claimed iCloud attack and whether the data was taken from its cloud service – and, if so, “to what extent users’ accounts were compromised.”

Even if the attack relied on the demonstrated iCloud security issue, this still does not explain how the hackers obtained the email addresses used by the targeted celebrities to create iTunes accounts. Without that crucial detail (an email address tied to an iCloud account) hackers would not have been able to break in using the brute force attack in the first place – assuming that’s how they got the data.

The publication says that there may be other explanations than an iCloud hack. Someone with access to celebrities and their gadgets may have been collecting email and password data from them, and storing compromising details for a long time for later use.

Hackers could have attacked other devices including Macs and PCs (rather than actual smartphones) to steal iTunes logins from, and thus access to iCloud backup features that would have allowed them to download those nude pictures on their devices. Business Insider suggests a scenario in which only a single device was hacked, either a phone or laptop, laden with such images and videos, that could have been stolen.

The same publication also offers a more unlikely theory, that celebrities might have been hacked using over Wi-Fi, while at the Emmy Awards ceremony.

GemmaMoore said:
Interesting post detailing exactly how the photo leak (probably) happened: http://imgur.com/gallery/OQQ2T

Personally, I don't think nudes being leaked of anyone, celebrity or otherwise, is a big deal in this day and age. It literally happens every minute. There's no shock or entertainment value in seeing another naked celebrity. But maybe that's just because I get naked for a living and so don't feel prudish about such things.

Great article, but this doesn't explain half of the photos were taken from Android phones rather then Iphones, unless those photos were sent to people with Iphones of course. The Mary Winstead pictures are another interesting aspect, she said the photo's were from years ago and deleted, so they should have been off iCloud after 30 days (unless the husband lied and saved or sent them elsewhere). Either way, with the amount of celebrities hacked, this was a massive and long-term effort.

I'm not even the least interested in the nudes, I want to know how the culprit did it.

Here is another article:
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/iclou ... eak-2014-9

ACFFAN69 said:
GemmaMoore said:
Interesting post detailing exactly how the photo leak (probably) happened: http://imgur.com/gallery/OQQ2T

Personally, I don't think nudes being leaked of anyone, celebrity or otherwise, is a big deal in this day and age. It literally happens every minute. There's no shock or entertainment value in seeing another naked celebrity. But maybe that's just because I get naked for a living and so don't feel prudish about such things.

Great article, but this doesn't explain half of the photos were taken from Android phones rather then Iphones, unless those photos were sent to people with Iphones of course. The Mary Winstead pictures are another interesting aspect, she said the photo's were from years ago and deleted, so they should have been off iCloud after 30 days (unless the husband lied and saved or sent them elsewhere). Either way, with the amount of celebrities hacked, this was a massive and long-term effort.

I'm not even the least interested in the nudes, I want to know how the culprit did it.

Here is another article:
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/iclou ... eak-2014-9

I said 'probably', lol! I don't pretend to have any idea how it happened, I'm not up-to-date on the latest ways to hack people. Not my area of expertise.

JerryBoBerry said:
mynameisbob84 said:
goldenaye666 said:

This, so much.

If you're locking a car in your own garage at least it is under your control. You can add locks, alarms, lights, motion sensors, insurance, and whatever else as you see fit. You can simply look in the garage yourself and tell if it has been stolen or not. I wouldn't go park my car in my neighbor's garage and expect them to monitor it. I question if the hacked files had not been posted online already, if anyone other than the hacker(s) would even know the files were stolen.

If I have a digital file I don't want publicly released on the Internet for all to see, I can store it on a flash drive in a safe, and not have it be on the Internet. It has a very low probability of being stolen when compared to leaving a file in online storage. It is safe to assume no online digital storage is safe at all. We can't even secure online financial data properly, let alone images & other files on cloud storage.

Shaun__ said:
I read a story this morning about an iCloud flaw getting corrected.

There's quite a bit of details/speculation coming up now. According to reddit, it seems this flaw had been abused for a while - it seems there was a 'trade ring' of celebrity pictures running in another board, where to 'buy in' you had to trade your 'winnings' (stolen files that others didn't have) and it was focused on iCloud accounts, which explains why the pictures that one actress said were deleted 2 years ago are among the files that were released.

Oo_Yarrow_oO said:
Sorry, but using cloud service when you are a celebrity IS foolish, I don't care if a company tells you it is secure. If it is floating around on the internet cloud it is basically transporting your house anywhere in the world. Someone can break in potentially. A lot of people want to get juicy details in exchange for money, so the rest of the masses like us can read about it. You better believe someone with enough technical know how is going to at least try.

Not really - this is a service that companies are trying to sell to other businesses, educational entities and end users focusing on one simple fact: doing a good job with regards to data safety and security is hard, which was proven by Apple screwing up one of the simplest things ever - rate limiting/blocking failed logins.... (Hell, even my own custom-built mail server blocks anyone that gives a wrong username+password combination more than 3 times).

And expecting physical copies to be more secure is just as naive; in my years as a consultant, I've seen people putting their login and password on post-Its on their screen (or, when being 'smart', putting it under their keyboard), installing random junk, never knowing anything about encryption or basic security procedures... Also, historically physical things have been stolen as well (there's multiple physical sex tapes that were stolen from celebrities' homes before).

Given that, if I were to advise someone on what to do, I would recommend they use a cloud product, ideally one that has two-step authentication and, if available, provides end-to-end encryption (AFAIK there's none that has both features :( ), as there's financial incentives for those companies to get their shit right (you can be sure that Apple will lose a lot of money once NASDAQ opens tomorrow due to the certainty that the lawyers of those celebrities will go after them for their lax security).

Reactions: caireen and Gen
Does anyone else feel old when looking at the list of leaks and not knowing who most of them are?

It's disgraceful that someone would leak nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence *right click save image, right click save image, right click...*

This quote sums up how I feel about this. It sucks that it happen but I'm a gonna look. :twocents-02cents:

Does anybody understand why Jennifer Lawrence is getting top billing for this leak, and not Kate Upton, who had 5x as many nudes leaked, or one of the other actresses who actually had sex acts leaked? Is it just that she had never done a nude scene before?

bawksy said:
Does anybody understand why Jennifer Lawrence is getting top billing for this leak, and not Kate Upton, who had 5x as many nudes leaked, or one of the other actresses who actually had sex acts leaked? Is it just that she had never done a nude scene before?

I think it's because JLaw's people are the ones who came forward first to confirm it was her and threaten legal action.

bawksy said:

Probably; if you compare the type of work that Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton have done, Kate has a lot more of sexy/revealing photos than Jennifer.. And then it becomes pretty much basic economic principles - what is rare is more appealing/expensive (or in this case, attracts more readers).

weirdbr said:
bawksy said:

Probably; if you compare the type of work that Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton have done, Kate has a lot more of sexy/revealing photos than Jennifer.. And then it becomes pretty much basic economic principles - what is rare is more appealing/expensive (or in this case, attracts more readers).

It's because she's been established -- far more than anyone else who had been leaked -- as incredibly desirable, but ultimately unobtainable. This is obtainment, of a sort.

Reactions: SexySteph
Don't trust the cloud.

Seriously though. I wouldn't recommend putting anything of high importance to you on any cloud account. They can be hacked so easily. I have all my videos for sale on a cloud account, but nothing that I'd be absolutely devastated over if it got out (anything related to my identity and bank info)

Reactions: JickyJuly
Not about Jennifer. But sort of relevant.

Reactions: Red7227
I've been reading around and saw that some people think that the "leaked" nudes of her are going to hurt her popularity.

HAH. Sure it will. Maybe to religious zealots and grandmothers.

goldenaye666 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

If you're locking a car in your own garage at least it is under your control. You can add locks, alarms, lights, motion sensors, insurance, and whatever else as you see fit. You can simply look in the garage yourself and tell if it has been stolen or not. I wouldn't go park my car in my neighbor's garage and expect them to monitor it.

More like trusting a well established and supposedly secure garage with top of the range security to look after your car and then being told you have no right to be pissed when its stolen and that in fact its your fault cos if you wanted to hold onto that car you should never have let anyone look after it in the first place....

I agree I think the story is bigger than the nudes. Everyone regardless of their celebrity status deserves to be able to capture intimate and private moments with an expectation that they can be kept private if they take reasonable steps. The security issue affects anyone with a cloud account - which is nearly everyone these days - so I am glad that there seems to a concentrated effort to get to the bottom of how it happened and who did it...

bawksy said:

I agree Jennifer Lawrence is beautiful and all. But Kate Upton is just as stunning as i thought she'd look nude and there aren't many nudes of Kate out there.

Downloaded the fappening, was disappointed with the content and myself. Kirsten Dunst looked pretty hot tho.

GracieHart said:
goldenaye666 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

If you're locking a car in your own garage at least it is under your control. You can add locks, alarms, lights, motion sensors, insurance, and whatever else as you see fit. You can simply look in the garage yourself and tell if it has been stolen or not. I wouldn't go park my car in my neighbor's garage and expect them to monitor it.

More like trusting a well established and supposedly secure garage with top of the range security to look after your car and then being told you have no right to be pissed when its stolen and that in fact its your fault cos if you wanted to hold onto that car you should never have let anyone look after it in the first place....

I agree I think the story is bigger than the nudes. Everyone regardless of their celebrity status deserves to be able to capture intimate and private moments with an expectation that they can be kept private if they take reasonable steps. The security issue affects anyone with a cloud account - which is nearly everyone these days - so I am glad that there seems to a concentrated effort to get to the bottom of how it happened and who did it...

Well if people haven't figured out that nothing connected to a network is safe by now I don't what to say. Let see tens of million Target customer financial information was stolen over the holidays, and they aren't the only ones. Most large companies deal with hundreds of hacking attempt a month sometimes even week or day. It seems to me these are way bigger stories than few good looking celebrities getting nudes posted of them.

We seen a significant decrease in property theft over the last 20 years, in no small part cause cops have gotten better solving crimes. However, for electronic crimes I suspect the chances of getting caught are getting worse not better in recent years. I think the sheer number makes it hard to find the folk, but part of it is cultural, the stealing of digital property doesn't seem to be an actual crime in many peoples mind.

Just an interesting bit of information, but some folks on Reddit saw that Jennifer Lawrence made a donation to The Prostate Cancer Foundation at some point after this started and so someone started a "Reddit: The Fappening" donation page and they said that if anyone had enjoyed the photos that were a result of The Fappening and were feeling guilty about it, they should donate to the charity. Their donation page very quickly skyrocketed to the site's #1 spot for highest donation which is pretty impressive. Sadly, they cancelled the donation, probably because they didn't want the publicity or something, but I think it's an interesting result of this whole thing. Currently, they're trying to find another place to give their money I guess.

I'm in no way saying this makes anything better, but thought I'd share this development! This whole thing is a much discussed issue in my home recently.

The way that so many people talk so nonchalantly about how they downloaded/watched these pics is already a problem in itself.

I don't understand why everyone's still talking about this topic. Yes, celebrity tits made it on the internet. Why are people so pissed off about that when thousands of girls privacy is invaded daily? Hell, guys and girls masturbate to people on tube sites every single day. You don't know for certain that their privacy wasn't invaded. Maybe their ex uploaded that video without their permission. They might not find out about it until later when a co-worker finds it and they end up losing their corporate job.

These celebrities have one advantage. While it sucks that their privacy was invaded, it must fuck with their minds like it does other girls, they're not going to lose their jobs over the issue. It will only bring them more attention, more publicity and they'll continue to make millions.

So, if you're that pissed off about their privacy being invaded... were you that pissed off about the thousands - millions of girls who've been victims of the same crime two weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.