AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just Starting Out

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysia36

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 23, 2012
South Carolina
I am just starting out with MFC and wanted to know if any of the veterans had any pointers? I've done my research for a while and am not expecting a play by play of everything I should be doing,just some helpful tips before I go live. Thanks!

Elysia36 said:
I am just starting out with MFC and wanted to know if any of the veterans had any pointers? I've done my research for a while and am not expecting a play by play of everything I should be doing,just some helpful tips before I go live. Thanks!

get models only status. We have an entire section of this forum dedicated to helping models improve and learn including common mistakes we wish we knew when we started.

Reactions: 1 person
-don't take paypal, not only will the member get your name, but paypal will shut down your paypal account and take your money

-amazon will give your name to people who order from a wishlist, better to just have them send a giftcard to your email

-don't give in to people who want cheap shows. It's fine to offer discount skype shows, but make it your terms, not theirs. (they will try to get an hour for 200 tokens. This is a ripoff for you.)

-always get payment first

-remember that 1 token = 5 cents, so it takes 20 tokens to get a dollar. (in other words, divide your tokens by 20 to know how much money you actually made). But also keep in mind that they spent $2 to give you $1.

-do not let them talk you into doing something you are uncomfortable with.

-don't be afraid to ban someone who is pushy, rude, or insulting towards you or the other members.

-come up with a policy quickly about guests and basics being muted (I favor 3 strikes for guests as a whole, and basics get muted during public shows and if I have to do a banning spree. Many models just mute them immediately. If you don't have a lot of premium members though, then basics could keep your conversation going). Also, remember to reset your mutes after group and private.

-turn off member fonts. This will keep you from being fooled by basics claiming to be premium, and by tip emotes that don't actually give you a tip.

-get yourself in the zone before you go on camera. This might be playing certain music, or doing your makeup. Have a plan for your show, make it stuff you will enjoy.

-grow a thick skin. Trolls will attempt to ruin your show. If you let them, it will cost. They will hurl insults at you, they will try to guess your real name, they will try to guess your real area. If someone throws out what looks like valid information, realize that it might just be a guess, don't let them know they came close. Ban people who try to guess it, especially if you can't disguise when someone has gotten close and/or right.

Realize that the people throwing insults say them to every girl, not just you, so they are in no way a reflection of how they really see you. They will call you fat, even if you are skin and bones. They will call you stupid, even in the middle of an intelligent conversation. They will call you boring, no matter how much or how little you are doing. They will call you a druggie, based off of nothing. They will call you a whore, especially if you turn down their "generous" offer of $10 for a night with you. you are none of these things (unless you want to be).

-Don't scam the members. They will talk about it with other people, and you will lose all your business. On the flip side, there are plenty of members who will say you scammed them when you were perfectly clear about what you are and aren't willing to do, so don't take it personally if you didn't scam them.

-read all you can of this forum for more tips. :)

Above all, have fun!

Welcome to the wonderful world of camming!

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered one!

-be careful how you store your toys. Jelly toys cannot be stored in teh same container- they will react with each other and make flat spots on both toys. Jelly toys also cannot come into contact with plastic bags- same thing will happen. My first rabbit vibe got ruined by a walmart bag (luckily, it was after I'd had it for awhile.). And the following two jellies caused each other to melt in certain spots.

HOWEVER- plastic bins are fine :) I use the little ones from the dollar tree. You just gotta be careful which ones you put in the same bin, and all is well! (storing two glass toys in the same bin gets noisy, and when I did anal I had a separate bin for the anal toys)

Reactions: KateLibby
LadyLuna said:
Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered one!

-be careful how you store your toys. Jelly toys cannot be stored in teh same container- they will react with each other and make flat spots on both toys. Jelly toys also cannot come into contact with plastic bags- same thing will happen. My first rabbit vibe got ruined by a walmart bag (luckily, it was after I'd had it for awhile.). And the following two jellies caused each other to melt in certain spots.

HOWEVER- plastic bins are fine :) I use the little ones from the dollar tree. You just gotta be careful which ones you put in the same bin, and all is well! (storing two glass toys in the same bin gets noisy, and when I did anal I had a separate bin for the anal toys)

Just to add on to this advice, edenfantasys has an extensive material safety guide that is really helpful when it comes to toys, storage, lube compatibility, etc. http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-guides-and-tips/guides/materials/

Status
Not open for further replies.