AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Keeping people in your room on SM

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystal Lazuli

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Twitter Username
@krystal_lazuli
Streamate Username
krystal_lazuli
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/180476/KrystalLazuli/
Hey guys, I've been on SM for around a month solid now and even though my hours online and all my stats are now graded "excellent" my ranking has fallen to lower half/bottom of the first page, and I can't get anyone to stay in my room at all!

It's so frustrating I had to sign off because I was close to tears.

The only thing that has changed was I bettered my setup, got better lighting, got my chat cast to my TV so I never miss anything even if I'm looking at something else online, talk to every single person that comes in the room (and if they are silent and idle I will talk to them more)

I'm sick of looking at a screen of people that just sign in and out without even saying hi.

It is really starting to hurt my confidence in doing well making less and less each week when I try to make it better each week.

Anyone have any tips to help a girl out here? I feel like the customers of SM stopped caring about me within 4 weeks...

talk to every single person that comes in the room (and if they are silent and idle I will talk to them more)

This often tends to scare guys off rather than keep their attention. They tend to feel like they're being put on the spot and will skedaddle. I stick to a smile and a "hey, guys" when someone pops into the room, and wait for them to further engage, if they so choose, so they feel more comfortable.

Another thing about talking while in free chat - I used to chit-chat with whoever to pass the time while bored between privates, but then I would get guys who thought I was "too busy" to go private with them. I don't understand this thought process at all, but apparently, idly talking about the weather with one dude makes the next think that I don't have time for him, even though I totally do.

On the other hand, I've seen models do very well with a chatty room, and there are guys who will take you private in the middle of answering someone else's question. There's so much variation.

I'm sick of looking at a screen of people that just sign in and out without even saying hi.

This is super common, and has no bearing on you as a model. Some dudes just have very specific preferences and will room hop until they see what they're looking for. That doesn't make it any less frustrating, though. You can turn the alerts off so that you don't see when people come in and out, though doing so may lead to an even bleaker screen sometimes.

Streamate goes through periods of being quite slow and frustrating. It also takes a bit of time to build up a regular client base. It's not the site for everyone. You may want to give token sites a try, or perhaps clipsites or phone, if only to mix things up so you're less bored.

Keeping them in your free room isn't an issue to concern yourself with, converting them to a paid room is what you should concentrate on

Streamate goes through periods of being quite slow and frustrating. It also takes a bit of time to build up a regular client base. It's not the site for everyone. You may want to give token sites a try, or perhaps clipsites or phone, if only to mix things up so you're less bored.

I also do manyvids and have tried token sites in the past and SM has always blew them out of the water. I think I only ever made enough for one payout the entire time i was on CB and MFC support wouldnt get back to me when I could sign in on the website but couldnt log in again (with the exact same credentials) to stream...

I've been on SM on and off for 2 years now I should add. I just picked it up this past month again since last summer.

Keeping them in your free room isn't an issue to concern yourself with, converting them to a paid room is what you should concentrate on
But if theres no one in my free chat to convert into a paid room then keeping people in free chat IS what I should be concerning myself with.

I also do manyvids and have tried token sites in the past and SM has always blew them out of the water. I think I only ever made enough for one payout the entire time i was on CB and MFC support wouldnt get back to me when I could sign in on the website but couldnt log in again (with the exact same credentials) to stream...

I've been on SM on and off for 2 years now I should add. I just picked it up this past month again since last summer.
Maybe you should try ImLive.

Just to let you know your video is pausing and skipping and your sound is out of sync. That's probably what's annoying guys. Something isn't working right.

I would also suggest your remove the submissive tag and see if more people come. The submissive tag is as niche as the dominate tag, you might be more questions in free chat if you leave that tag off and let people that want pvt ask which way you swing. You might be losing potential customers that might want dom lite. This is opinion.

But if theres no one in my free chat to convert into a paid room then keeping people in free chat IS what I should be concerning myself with.

There is always someone watching. Just because you can't see them in your room doesn't mean they aren't there. Lots of guys spend time on the outside lurking and when they're ready may just swoop in for private. SM is notorious for the in and out...in and out. I think it has something to do with a delay in the chat loading. And if their on their phones it can be even worse. Be patient and pay attention to your "resting face". Just flirt even when no one is there. Sometimes I can keep a smile up just gazing at how well my makeup turned out. A perfect cat eye is not easy. :makeup:

Just to let you know your video is pausing and skipping and your sound is out of sync. That's probably what's annoying guys. Something isn't working right.

I would also suggest your remove the submissive tag and see if more people come. The submissive tag is as niche as the dominate tag, you might be more questions in free chat if you leave that tag off and let people that want pvt ask which way you swing. You might be losing potential customers that might want dom lite. This is opinion.
Thanks for the heads up, it turned out my encoder and SM stopped agreeing for a bit there. I had to stream without the encoder and totally fuck my ranking to get my stats unfrozen and holy crap. 3 hours and 2 cam girl friends help later we finally got it streaming better again. what a piss off. I was in tears I was so upset.

There is always someone watching. Just because you can't see them in your room doesn't mean they aren't there. Lots of guys spend time on the outside lurking and when they're ready may just swoop in for private. SM is notorious for the in and out...in and out. I think it has something to do with a delay in the chat loading. And if their on their phones it can be even worse. Be patient and pay attention to your "resting face". Just flirt even when no one is there. Sometimes I can keep a smile up just gazing at how well my makeup turned out. A perfect cat eye is not easy. :makeup:
LOL thank you honey, thats what the 2 girls that helped me out tonight said too. Honestly I'm usually good at keeping the fake ass smile plastered on my face the whole time but I was so internally bothered (trying not to tell myself its cause I'm ugly lol). I didn't know that members are notorious for staying logged out until they find someone they like.

I checked my delay on both my phone and the browser since I don't have my city blocked and my delay is around 5-6 seconds (other peoples phones will likely take longer though)

I also do this thing where I pretend there are invisible people talking to me and giggle and say thank you to my imaginary compliments hahahahahah

Reactions: TajaEthereal
I felt the exact same way,
I'm 4 months new to SM also, and at the start it was exactly how you explained it and as time went on i did everything you did and logged off and didn't go on for a week cause i was so hurt that my room wasn't as busy, when i went back on i stopped caring so much when people left and the more i stopped noticing it completely left my mind and doesn't happen anymore, I think the more i focused on it the more it happened, like when an animal knows you are scared of it.
Don't stress its not you, all guys/girls are different and we aren't going to be everyones taste plus everyone is curious and will pop in and out.
x

nope, GETTING them into your free chat is. So from your point of view making sure you have good placement, an attractive profile shot that fairly represents you (putting your hottest professional pic up may lure people in but if everyday you looks nothing like 3hrs in hair and make up you (and who does, lets be honest) they wont stay. Promotion, what are you doing to drive traffic to your room? etc. One they are there, assuming you have good lighting, a working feed etc, if they dont want to stay then you are not what they are after, its that simple, and you dont want them hanging around because they are not your market

I felt the exact same way,
I'm 4 months new to SM also, and at the start it was exactly how you explained it and as time went on i did everything you did and logged off and didn't go on for a week cause i was so hurt that my room wasn't as busy, when i went back on i stopped caring so much when people left and the more i stopped noticing it completely left my mind and doesn't happen anymore, I think the more i focused on it the more it happened, like when an animal knows you are scared of it.
Don't stress its not you, all guys/girls are different and we aren't going to be everyones taste plus everyone is curious and will pop in and out.
x
Thanks for your response!! I have a couple other SM girls from my area locally that have been going out of their way to help me do good. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I start building regulars.
It's so weird, since I began camming, it's like they could tell when my mental health was in the shitter even if I put on a complete front. I just gotta get back in week 1 mindset, making next to nothing but giving it my all and having a great time. It'll pay off eventually, yesterday was just a baaaad day for me :(

nope, GETTING them into your free chat is. So from your point of view making sure you have good placement, an attractive profile shot that fairly represents you (putting your hottest professional pic up may lure people in but if everyday you looks nothing like 3hrs in hair and make up you (and who does, lets be honest) they wont stay. Promotion, what are you doing to drive traffic to your room? etc. One they are there, assuming you have good lighting, a working feed etc, if they dont want to stay then you are not what they are after, its that simple, and you dont want them hanging around because they are not your market
Thank you!!! I've tried changing my picture around a few times, always making sure it actually looks like me (actually right now it's just of my lips and below but I switch it up all the time). Basically I throw up a selfie with modest makeup because lets be real, who has time for 2hours of primping every day haha. I mean every now and again I do, but not enough to have a super fancy biopic.

I personally find cute selfies the most attractive pics! I don't really pay attention to many pro modelling pictures unless its a face shot

Dude...why are you bringing me into the conversation, putting me on the spot like that? Lmao.
Exactly. I asked HIM if he ever cammed there because he's always suggesting sites to people but has never been on them himself or knows anything about them.

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
Exactly. I asked HIM if he ever cammed there because he's always suggesting sites to people but has never been on them himself or knows anything about them.
I suggested Imlive because its a private based site and I thought it might be easy for her to transition to it.

I suggested Imlive because its a private based site and I thought it might be easy for her to transition to it.
Guy, I get it you are trying to help. But if you have a customer perspective or opinion, please tell us. You also brought a model to the conversation who wasn't part of it. If she wanted to share her imlive experience, she will on her on.

You are like the guy who bugs you on cam how to be a better cammodel when their only perspective they is they jerked off to a lot of models. Just staup.

Last edited:
Streamate is hard to get people to talk. They have whitelabels with a lot of tube sites. So you are getting people who are already horny and wants to finish jerking off.

Focus on the quality of your shows. Put your fucking soul into them. Even if you are doing basic finger play and a little teasing.

I've stopped trying to talk to people. But I will if talk to them if they put the effort into having a conversation.

I gave Streamate a try a while ago, and just wasn't feelin' it on there, so I left.

And I know what you mean about watching people go in and out of your chat. That is truly annoying. Also, banning trolls on there was difficult, because they'd say something horrible and then immediately leave the chat before you can even click on them. And on that site, unfortunately, you have to click on their name fast enough while they're still there in order to ban. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't disable premium sessions (I wanted to do exclusive only), and I had this one jerk in particular who used to enjoy dragging me to premium for one second, and then ending it...and then doing it to me again. And that whole thing where members can't see other members' posts (their eyeball was closed or whatever), so they have no idea what you are talking about when you're responding to those guys. Lol. That was a pain in the ass as well. Also, the whole being expected to fuck myself silly several times a day...not my thing. :) I honestly would rather not even use dildos (I don't even use them in my personal life...only vibrators).

It was mentioned earlier that I was on ImLive. I don't log onto there anymore (I'm all about Cams and Chaturbate now), but maybe I should consider splitcamming Cams with ImLive to try to maximize my earnings...when I'm not on Chaturbate. Lately Cams Nude Chat has been better for me than ImLive paid chat, but since there are some things I love about ImLive, I can't bring myself to close my account there. Plus, on all three of those sites I mentioned, I'm signed up with Boleyn Models daily pay. I highly recommend Katy Boleyn's 'Boleyn Models' daily pay service, by the way. If you enjoy camming on Streamate, perhaps having daily pay can be a nice motivator for getting on cam even when you don't feel like it. Lol.

As a customer on SM for 6-7 years I have no clue what models actually want to chat about? Here's the problem, enough models have made free chat on SM into a combat zone that regular users just sit out at thumbnail previews. Matter of fact I'll usually only go into a new model's room because you're forced to do it to find out their show rates and even in that short amount of tip some are ready to kick.

• Helpful!
Reactions: curvyredhead
As a customer on SM for 6-7 years I have no clue what models actually want to chat about? Here's the problem, enough models have made free chat on SM into a combat zone that regular users just sit out at thumbnail previews. Matter of fact I'll usually only go into a new model's room because you're forced to do it to find out their show rates and even in that short amount of tip some are ready to kick.

What do you mean combat zone?

Streamate isn't really a "sit and chat" site like many other sites since obviously your goal is to go private and exclusive. Some say hi, some don't, some stay, some don't. Don't get down on yourself about this, it's just the way the site is. I would not want 30 people in my room talking to me and NOT taking me private, it's just odd, like why are you here? I think that's what he meant by the combat zone comment. It could be high pressure. I'm totally the "talk or tip" girl. I don't want people in my room just staring at me. I get that some guys like that though. And totally a generalization: guys don't like to talk ANYWAY. I always feel like a nagging girlfriend that's like "talk to me guys!!!", but yes it is annoying when they don't.

BTW, Streamate has been CRAZY glitchy these past months. super cheap traffic, freeloaders, sitters on top of lagging videos, black screens, pixelated streaming. Whether they're working on it, still waiting. There's a #SMGlitch thread on Twitter. It's horrible. Don't stress, just make sure everything is good on your end and let your personality shine through in your room. Then you'll get your regulars who want to stay.

Streamate isn't really a "sit and chat" site like many other sites since obviously your goal is to go private and exclusive. Some say hi, some don't, some stay, some don't. Don't get down on yourself about this, it's just the way the site is. I would not want 30 people in my room talking to me and NOT taking me private, it's just odd, like why are you here? I think that's what he meant by the combat zone comment. It could be high pressure. I'm totally the "talk or tip" girl. I don't want people in my room just staring at me. I get that some guys like that though. And totally a generalization: guys don't like to talk ANYWAY. I always feel like a nagging girlfriend that's like "talk to me guys!!!", but yes it is annoying when they don't.

BTW, Streamate has been CRAZY glitchy these past months. super cheap traffic, freeloaders, sitters on top of lagging videos, black screens, pixelated streaming. Whether they're working on it, still waiting. There's a #SMGlitch thread on Twitter. It's horrible. Don't stress, just make sure everything is good on your end and let your personality shine through in your room. Then you'll get your regulars who want to stay.
Whats causing the glitches?

How can you have freeloaders on SM when you have to pay a per minute charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.