AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Knowing the faces of your members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having a face for a name with people I like. So, I guess anyone whose name I remember for a positive reason, I like a face to put with. I don't think I would ever ask though. Not everyone wants their mug plastered around. Hehe.

I know what most of my regulars look like but not all,and that doesn't bother me. When they are comfortable they'll let me see their face. :3

I really like it but understand not everyone's comfortable with it. It's nice to me to see who I'm chatting with. Particularly if we are snapchat friends, I love to see their daily life and what they're up to.

I'm kind of torn. Right now I don't ask my regulars for pictures or anything, but if they are interested in me seeing them I'm ok with that. But part of me sort of likes the mystery, and also not putting a face to a name keeps it more casual in an environment where things can be pretty intimate and sexy. I feel more connected to a person when I know what they look like. That could be a good or a bad thing when trying to keep MFC separated from personal life.

I like faces, it makes it easier for me to remember the person and I like to see what I'd be working with. Doesn't matter too much what they look like. If they're hot to me, BONUS!
To your mind's eye, what do you consider hot?

Reactions: mutantdonut
When I was on MFC and trying other sites I was having a weirdly difficult time. I thought to myself, I love getting sexy, I'm a huge exhibitionist. I LOVE getting people to have fun, get off, be joyous. Why is this not working for me?

It was that I couldn't do no faces. I started taking direct skype shows as my camming method. Joined Cam Model Directory, Sky private, etc and now those are my "camsites." And I LOVE it. Almost all of my shows are cam2cam and that's the only way I can do it. I need to see the other person or I turn into an awkward puddle of stress. "What if they aren't having fun. What if they hate me because they spent this money and aren't even really liking it."

But I don't think these things when I can see the big ol smile on their face or the dirty hot look of excitement. I know that means there's a base of camshow seekers that I wont be able to reach because they don't want to share their face with me, but I'll take that over the burn out and discomfort I felt before.

When I was on MFC and trying other sites I was having a weirdly difficult time. I thought to myself, I love getting sexy, I'm a huge exhibitionist. I LOVE getting people to have fun, get off, be joyous. Why is this not working for me?

It was that I couldn't do no faces. I started taking direct skype shows as my camming method. Joined Cam Model Directory, Sky private, etc and now those are my "camsites." And I LOVE it. Almost all of my shows are cam2cam and that's the only way I can do it. I need to see the other person or I turn into an awkward puddle of stress. "What if they aren't having fun. What if they hate me because they spent this money and aren't even really liking it."

But I don't think these things when I can see the big ol smile on their face or the dirty hot look of excitement. I know that means there's a base of camshow seekers that I wont be able to reach because they don't want to share their face with me, but I'll take that over the burn out and discomfort I felt before.

That's part of the scary thing for me in privates. I prefer to not turn my cam on, because I'd rather not have the model see me. I'm always wondering "Would she be enjoying this more, if she could see my face right now?"

I'm making faces at everyone right now...
My face is around on ACF although I need to update it since I have a different haircut.
There was one model I used to be regular with that liked to have her reg's member cams on. It was fun and added an extra dimension...

Reactions: mutantdonut
As a model with regulars, semi regs and what have you, do you prefer to know what your members look like? How much does it matter to you to put a face with their username? (Even if it matters little, just be honest). At what point are you curious to know the faces behind usernames, if at all?
Idk why but I love knowing the faces of my regulars. It's just so interesting. Sometimes I ask them to open they're cams..... I've regretted this many times yet I still do it hoping I'll see something fun. I've had a guy do a magic trick show for me, it was pretty cool

There was one model I used to be regular with that liked to have her reg's member cams on. It was fun and added an extra dimension...
There was a point in time that I had a few friends on MFC who I would do this with. It was entertaining and fun, but seriously I was WAY too enveloped in my cam life during that time. It was too much, too personal, too connected, and I know those people (especially one of them who turned out to be obsessed in an unhealthy manner) felt much more connected with me than other people in my room did. It created an uncomfortable situation. I ended up cutting off contact with all but 1 of them.

If they want to show me I won't say no, but I feel much more comfortable doing shows to words on a screen instead of a "real" person, if that makes sense? Maybe it'll change as I get more experienced, but not putting faces to names makes it feel less real and a whole lot more comfortable for me lol :)

I'd prefer for you to just stay anonymous. I have this really freaky fear of them turning their cam on and it being someone I know. Completely irrational, but hey... That's how my brain works.

Reactions: CherryChu
There was a point in time that I had a few friends on MFC who I would do this with. It was entertaining and fun, but seriously I was WAY too enveloped in my cam life during that time. It was too much, too personal, too connected, and I know those people (especially one of them who turned out to be obsessed in an unhealthy manner) felt much more connected with me than other people in my room did. It created an uncomfortable situation. I ended up cutting off contact with all but 1 of them.

Some of my favorite MFC people (several members and a model) used to all open each others' cams and we'd have our "internet hot tub" (we all had our shirts off and were drinking beers) on a regular basis one summer. That was great, seeing everyone's face. It did get kind of intense, though, which was one factor in things eventually falling apart in that room. But man, was it fun while it lasted.

I have prosopagnosia (aka face blindness) so while I have seen some of my regulars' faces, I wouldn't recognize them to see them again. I prefer to not see faces when it comes to sexy time on cam, and I definitely prefer to not view other's cams, but on snapchat and such, if they want to send me pics of themselves going about their daily lives and such, I'm not opposed, as long as I don't have to recognize or identify them aside from their usernames :p

I get curious sometimes but sometimes I think it's better not to know what they look like. It depends.

And like AnimeAnnie, I'm a little face-blind and I noticed that sometimes I will see someone's face on Snapchat or something and I'll have completely forgotten which member they are :| it's not a personal thing, just that they usually have to have something easily identifiable for me to recognise them. In a way though it kind of helps - if I saw what someone looks like and for some reason I wanted to forget, I probably would =p that hasn't happened yet though ha.

I dunno mostly I think I'd actually prefer to see a guy from the chest/waist down. But I don't open cams in public chat, only in privates, and I don't do privates all that often. One-on-one intimacy can make me really uncomfortable sometimes, which is the main reason I usually prefer not to see faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.