AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Legend of Zelda

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Black/White were pretty cool. You get access to the older pokemon eventually, but for the most part you have to play with the new pokemon.

Didn't give up totally on this, but decided to put 1 on the back burner, since I bought OOT 3D, and it... kind of bugs me not to play games I just bought, sometimes. So I'm playing that, now.

And who is excited for Skyward Sword? I think I'm getting the limited edition with the gold Wii Remote Plus. Just cause. I have a Motion Plus addon already, but... what the hell. But every copy comes with the CD of orchestrated Zelda music, limited edition, or not. So yay to that.

And... Preordered the Skyward Sword bundle with the remote. And Skyrim, and Arkham City, and Star Fox 3D. So fucked on finishing anything, ever.

Not made any progress in anything. I suck.

In other news, Nintendo is releasing 4 Swords for DS (I assume it's also DSi, as well as 3DS, anyhow) for free as a download for a limited time. Sept 28-Feb 20. So... yay? And they've added single player, and some NES and GB Zelda themed dungeons.

And there has been a big info dump on Skyward Sword at their pre-TGS thingy. http://zeldadungeon.net/ & http://www.zeldainformer.com/ have the info, if anyone is interested and such.

My friend got the LoZ game for the ambassador program on the 3DS. I took it from him and beat the first 5 dungeons while we were talking. Also got the white sword and the blue ring.

So far, like an hour in or so in, Skyward Sword is pretty good. Can't say "best Zelda ever," like most reviews,for sure, but it's very fun, so far. The controls are nice, too. Not been in a fight more than bats, so can't say how fights are, really, just yet, but the amount of sword slashes, etc, seems it will get quite strategic, when I get a shield.

Someone linked these girls doing the theme to Skyrim in the Skyrim thread, and it turns out they did the Skyward Sword theme, too.

Reactions: KayleePond
waogo said:
Someone linked these girls doing the theme to Skyrim in the Skyrim thread, and it turns out they did the Skyward Sword theme, too.

Woah. I didn't know the Skyward Sword theme was Zelda's Lullaby played backwards. I haven't gotten a chance to play Skyward yet because I don't have a TV to play it on... sigh. I hear it's amazing.

Also, I personally found this image too awesome to not share.

Legend_of_Zelda_cosplayers_by_KellyJane.jpg

Reactions: Shaun__
Fuck. Never finished any Zeldas. Now they've announced LttP2 for 3DS, so yay to that. I swapped Zelda finishing for Assassin's Creed finishing, like a dork. Got farther through that, sadly. And now waiting on this goofy RetroN5 console that plays NES/Famicom/SNES/Super Famicom/GBA/GB/GBC/all Sega carts over HDMI to try LttP, again. Still haven't finished Skyward Sword, either, but that was due to me thinking my component cables were dead for like a year. Turns out, no, I'm silly.

And the Hyrule Historia is awesome.

Being lame, and bumping this again, since Link Between 2 Worlds is out, now. And is in my 3DS, but I refuse to play it til I at least beat LttP. Which makes my eyes bleed on my TV. Almost wish I'd waited til the RetroN 5 thingy was out. or used an emulator, but... then again, no. My eyes shall like the bleeding.

Now, if I could stop being a dummy and dying just before I get to the boss in the Eastern Palace, that'd be neat.

Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series of all time.

OOT is ofcourse my favorite, but followed closely by Wind Waker.

That game received so much hate for it's art style and graphics, but I personally loved it.
And to me, it still has the best final fight of ANY Zelda game I've ever played.

disclaimer: I'm slightly ashamed to admit I never finished Skyward Sword.
Infact, I haven't gotten far into the game at all. For some reason, I just had a difficult time getting into it.

Kunra9 said:
Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series of all time.

OOT is ofcourse my favorite, but followed closely by Wind Waker.

That game received so much hate for it's art style and graphics, but I personally loved it.
And to me, it still has the best final fight of ANY Zelda game I've ever played.

Infact, I haven't gotten far into the game at all. For some reason, I just had a difficult time getting into it.

I never had issue with Wind Waker's art, so much as the RIDICULOUS 21 part Triforce shit. Which costs tens of thousands of Rupees to do. and so much time to go to Tingle, get maps deciphered, then FIND the right spot to drop your hook, and ugh, god. I'm real tempted to go get a WiiU just for WW HD, just for the reduction of that shit to reasonable amounts.

And I have yet to finish Skyward Sword, yet, either. I thought my stupid video cables had gone out. Then I waited a year to test. Then I got distracted by Assassin's Creed some more. I have a habit of buying way too many games at once, then going all "oh god, what have I done" instead of playing and finishing them.

Kunra9 said:

same here. I play for an hour or two, then I get tired of it and quit for a few months.

LttP is my favorite, so as you can imagine I'm greatly enjoying the new 3DS game :)

I had never been a super huge Legend of Zelda fan but I just got Wind Waker HD and I'm totally enjoying it! I never played the original Wind Waker so I don't know how it compares. So for me it's a completely new experience :)

hapa74 said:
I had never been a super huge Legend of Zelda fan but I just got Wind Waker HD and I'm totally enjoying it! I never played the original Wind Waker so I don't know how it compares. So for me it's a completely new experience :)

I haven't played the new version, but from what I understand they've made sailing faster and reduced the tedium of finding all the triforce pieces. And made it prettier, of course. (Although the GameCube version still holds up surprisingly well.)

Wind waker HD is a game for those that never got to play one of the most underrated games of all time. There was a lot of hate around the cell shading when it came out on gamecube and everyone ignored all the charm that wind waker brought into video games.

Love most of the Zelda games, I'm not one to boast about things but I'm pretty good at the first one, I know the heart locations, and can get the first sword without entering a dungeon.

LttP is without question the best of the series, I play it all the time...although I emulate it.

OoT is always good to play, the advancement it took on the N64 was both amazing and exactly what the game needed at the time.

Haven't played many others after that, I don't want to say that I lost my enjoyment of the game with the repetitive Majora's Mask, but I have to blame something...so it's that.

I love the Zelda series but I'm a bit of a heathen... I've never played some of the biggest titles including Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. :oops: I did have a bash at both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword but must admit I never fully completed either haha.

My favourite one of all time though is definitely Link to the Past. I've always loved it and have been so excited in the lead up to Link Between 2 Worlds. I haven't bought it yet but will definitely treat myself to it after Christmas along with Ocarina of Time 3D. I shall then retreat under my bedcovers to play them undisturbed for as long as humanly possible.

I couldn't resist, I went out and bought a Zelda WiiU with WWHD. It is so shiny. And now I haven't played WW since the day I brought it home, cause of LEGO City Undercover (I am such a LEGO game whore... got LEGO Marvel for PS4 on launch day, and it was beat the next morning, cause I have a problem). Plus I have to go back and find the super fast sail in WW. Cause I need MORE SPEED in WW. So much more speed.

And I have a Zelda-esque game on the way (thanks, Christmas gift card) for PS3. 3D Dot Game Heroes looks so ridiculous, and also awesome. It is basically a SNES Zelda style tribute game. and any other old RPG games, too.

This thread inspired me to spend to day replaying the original LoZ. Followed by the 2nd. Followed by Link to the Past. I'll probably drop dedication somewhere along the line, but I'm curious how far through I'll end up going with the franchise lol. It's been a while for some of these.

Excitedface.

:drool:

Reactions: Kunra9
I'm about 30% into A Link Between Worlds on Hero Mode right now. I kinda wish I had been able to play it the FIRST time with the added difficulty, as now I find myself cruising through the game with little trouble since I've already beaten it.

It's no LttP, but it's really amazing visiting that Hyrule again. And my God!! THE MUSIC! I can't say enough great things about the music in LBW.. especially Lorule Castle. Mixing LttP's classic music with a lot of the newer Zelda tunes was a great decision.

Skyward Sword was fun for the first 10 hours or so, but then it got really repetitive. I disliked that most (if not all) enemies would just stand there and give you an opening to attack (but you had to use the Right attack... and even the Wii Motion Plus would mess it up sometimes).
It still didn't really feel like a GREAT Zelda game either. I mean, no real Hyrule Field? That was the reason I disliked Wind Waker. I wanna ride a damn horse around a field! Not a boat or a bird! :lol:

I've been meaning to play through Twilight Princess again, to see how it's held up from 8 years ago. It's the only Zelda I've ever played just once, and I did that on purpose (so I wouldn't memorize everything, and I could re-enjoy it later).

...anyway, rant over :mrgreen:

Reactions: Always_Tim
PepperoniPiz said:
(but you had to use the Right attack... and even the Wii Motion Plus would mess it up sometimes).

I can't stand the use of the Wii Remote for swordplay in the Zelda games. When I'm playing video games, I just want to sit back on the couch and relax. Not have to sit up straight and make sure I life the remote to the right level to execute a certain attack.

It might have been annoying in Skyward Sword, but at least it wasn't 100% gimmick like in the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was actually originally written for Gamecube, so the original designers had no concept of the Wii Remote. To swing your sword, all you had to do was press a button. Then they ported it to the Wii and were like "herp derp let's make them have to wiggle their wrists every fucking time they want to swing the sword now!". It makes the game a lot harder. The timing isn't as precise, and it makes it a burden to fight even wimpy enemies. If it wasn't for the improved graphics in the Wii version, I'd definitely rather play the GameCube release.

I felt the same way about the stylus in the two Zelda games for DS. Seriously, fuck the stylus. Just let me mash goddamn buttons. And don't even get me started on blowing into the microphone in order to make it past certain critical parts of the game. Try doing that on a noisy airplane or in a car and see how well it works.

/rant

bawksy said:
I felt the same way about the stylus in the two Zelda games for DS. Seriously, fuck the stylus. Just let me mash goddamn buttons. And don't even get me started on blowing into the microphone in order to make it past certain critical parts of the game. Try doing that on a noisy airplane or in a car and see how well it works.

/rant

I feel your pain, Ive finished almost every Zelda game out there but the blowing part of spirit tracks...after two hours of frustation I was ready to hurl the cartridge at the wall. After that I just gave up on the game and its been in the bottom of my ''box of shame'' since then. Maybe the mic on my DS was broken, and i do own a 3DS so i could give it another shot but probably won't, Just thinking about got me worked up a bit.

And the whole deal with playing with the stylus. When you play the game, when you use the stylus your hand is in the way of the action, why couldnt they use the top screen for game graphics and the touchscreen for the map? it worked in Kid Icarus: uprising(but being left handed that game was virtually un-playable for me, but thats a whole other rant)

I LOVED A Link Between Worlds.

It brought a new flair to Zelda while staying traditional in many ways. I've been a fan since I was about 2 years old, and have been playing every Zelda game since (with the exception of the CD-i games....).

My only gripe about Skyward Sword is I can't seem to get into it due to the controls. I wish Nintendo would've let us hook up a Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller to try to play it...I felt like if you're trying to be innovative with more rpg elements, at least make it user friendly to control...

Reactions: Always_Tim
LilLitaRose said:

It brought a new flair to Zelda while staying traditional in many ways. I've been a fan since I was about 2 years old, and have been playing every Zelda game since (with the exception of the CD-i games....).

My only gripe about Skyward Sword is I can't seem to get into it due to the controls. I wish Nintendo would've let us hook up a Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller to try to play it...I felt like if you're trying to be innovative with more rpg elements, at least make it user friendly to control...

I'm much happier with the Wii U's gimmick (touchscreen on controller) than the Wii's gimmick (motion control for everything). Much more useful.

Every six months I pick up Skyward Sword, play it for a few days, then put it away again. Someday I'll make it through the game. Maybe.

(Oh, and I am SO, SO GLAD that A Link Between Worlds dropped the stupid stylus control that the previous DS Zelda games used.)

Reactions: LilLitaRose
PepperoniPiz said:
It still didn't really feel like a GREAT Zelda game either. I mean, no real Hyrule Field? That was the reason I disliked Wind Waker. I wanna ride a damn horse around a field! Not a boat or a bird! :lol:

It looks like I got my wish! :mrgreen:

Always_Tim said:
LilLitaRose said:

I'm much happier with the Wii U's gimmick (touchscreen on controller) than the Wii's gimmick (motion control for everything). Much more useful.

Every six months I pick up Skyward Sword, play it for a few days, then put it away again. Someday I'll make it through the game. Maybe.

(Oh, and I am SO, SO GLAD that A Link Between Worlds dropped the stupid stylus control that the previous DS Zelda games used.)
AGREED!

I just wish they would've let players have some versatility. The new open world Zelda game looks super iffy to me. Although the whole climbing on mountains thing sounds interesting.
I'm hoping for a next gen Zelda, that allows the players to immerse without difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.