AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyCollegeSlut

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 29, 2017
United States
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@rileyluvyna
Chaturbate Username
riley_luvyna
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/432575/shycollegeslut/
I've seen a lot of models comment that when using a greenscreen lighting needs to be excessively bright.

I am planning to build a studio for cam and clip making. If possible I think I want to mount light bars on the ceiling/walls rather than having to set up my umbrella lights. What color/type of bulbs should I use? I'd prefer the sort of lights that don't get real hot/burn out quickly. i'm also looking at greenscreen options and any suggestions are appreciated.

Yeah, i've read through most of those threads already. I'm curious if anyone has invested in mounting light bars (think of the LED light bars that people put on their pickup trucks) on their ceiling/walls in a cam room/studio like environment. I do own several umbrella lights, and the myfreecams LED light, and clip on ring lights.

Ahh, okay. Wasn't sure if you had missed that thread or not.

I would think that an overhead track light with daylight LED's would be good. That way, you can change angles and direct light as you need it.

If it's a dedicated studio, can't you just leave your lights set up? Overhead lighting isn't the most flattering so you probably don't need to worry much about that. Depending on the setup, I guess lighting attached to your walls could work. But it sounds like what you already have would be fine. Maybe I'm missing something. Being able to move your lights around seems like a tally in the "pro" column to me.

Ahh, okay. Wasn't sure if you had missed that thread or not.

I would think that an overhead track light with daylight LED's would be good. That way, you can change angles and direct light as you need it.

I had a bit of a plan in my head, however I'm not sure how well I could explain it. I'd have 2 long light bars (about 40in long) on two adjacent walls. and 2 of the same mounted on the ceiling. They would be hinged so I could change the angle they're pointed at. I would probably wire them up to separate switches so I wouldn't have to use them all if I didn't need all of them at once. I still haven't built the studio so i'm likely getting ahead of myself as far as design goes, but I know the type of bulbs I buy depend greatly on the interior design color. I am aiming for a rustic/old stained wood look for the siding/floor, so i'm not sure which lights would compliment that, and my pale ass. lmfao.

If it's a dedicated studio, can't you just leave your lights set up? Overhead lighting isn't the most flattering so you probably don't need to worry much about that. Depending on the setup, I guess lighting attached to your walls could work. But it sounds like what you already have would be fine. Maybe I'm missing something. Being able to move your lights around seems like a tally in the "pro" column to me.

It will be a permanent studio, and I can leave my lights up. I wanted to mount something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0183GEOM...olid=24SS57IKTFH6Y&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it onto the walls with a hinge so the angle could be changed, but as far as setting up/tearing down my umbrella lights i'd rather not do that. This studio will be dedicated to camming, but it's very likely that i'm going to tell my fam/friends that it's just a hangout/man cave like room, and I can imagine people will want to hangout in it as well.

It will be a permanent studio, and I can leave my lights up. I wanted to mount something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0183GEOM...olid=24SS57IKTFH6Y&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it onto the walls with a hinge so the angle could be changed, but as far as setting up/tearing down my umbrella lights i'd rather not do that. This studio will be dedicated to camming, but it's very likely that i'm going to tell my fam/friends that it's just a hangout/man cave like room, and I can imagine people will want to hangout in it as well.
I see. Well if this is the direction you decide to go, you will probably want to look for something with much lower wattage than what you linked. I imagine 240w LEDs aimed at you from either side would be hell on your eyes, unless your space is going to be huuuge and/or you use something to heavily diffuse them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I see. Well if this is the direction you decide to go, you will probably want to look for something with much lower wattage than what you linked. I imagine 240w LEDs aimed at you from either side would be hell on your eyes, unless your space is going to be huuuge and/or you use something to heavily diffuse them.

I probably won't buy those exact lights, but something of that sort, likely with less wattage and a bit cheaper. I want it well-lit, but not so bright that i'm blinded.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I probably won't buy those exact lights, but something of that sort, likely with less wattage and a bit cheaper. I want it well-lit, but not so bright that i'm blinded.

I think you will need more watts than that not less- I have 5 lights (2 ring lights- 2 barn lights and 1 umbrella) on my green screen and I COULD use 2 more. My lighting kit was $700 - Green screen stuff is no joke especially when trying to light it perfectly. You have to take into account the light in the room, the light coming in *we block it because it looks like shit on the green screen*

Not sure if you have ever shot green screen clips but I would test one out with your lights and then you can see all the imperfections that may be the only way to understand just how much light you need.

Ah right, the green screen. I forgot that you mentioned wanting to use one. Perhaps then add a third, overhead strip that is angled toward where the screen will go, but behind where you will stand. (Hope that makes sense.) Then it won't be a potential hazard to your eyes, and you can leave it off when you're not doing green screen work. I have lights on my screen and then light myself separately when I've used mine.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Ah right, the green screen. I forgot that you mentioned wanting to use one. Perhaps then add a third, overhead strip that is angled toward where the screen will go, but behind where you will stand. (Hope that makes sense.) Then it won't be a potential hazard to your eyes, and you can leave it off when you're not doing green screen work. I have lights on my screen and then light myself separately when I've used mine.

I'm really only worried because I will not have windows/outdoor light of any kind and I would rather have lights I don't use, than not enough. I will have quite a bit of cam space as well (approximately 320sq feet) so i'm assuming i'll need more light than the average person.

I think you will need more watts than that not less- I have 5 lights (2 ring lights- 2 barn lights and 1 umbrella) on my green screen and I COULD use 2 more. My lighting kit was $700 - Green screen stuff is no joke especially when trying to light it perfectly. You have to take into account the light in the room, the light coming in *we block it because it looks like shit on the green screen*

Not sure if you have ever shot green screen clips but I would test one out with your lights and then you can see all the imperfections that may be the only way to understand just how much light you need.

How large is your film/cam space when you use the green screen? I imagine i'll have a corner for green screen setup, and a separate area for live camming. The space i'll be in will be approximately 320sq feet so I want plenty of lighting (no window/outdoor light sources).

How large is your film/cam space when you use the green screen? I imagine i'll have a corner for green screen setup, and a separate area for live camming. The space i'll be in will be approximately 320sq feet so I want plenty of lighting (no window/outdoor light sources).

It's a pretty small room to be honest It's probably 10x10 my studio room (maybe 100 square feet) so you will need way more light than me. I can take a picture of my set up (it's insane) - I still have issues cleaning up my footage- I always have to go through with a refining tool and it takes me hours (sometimes weeks) to edit 1 clip thats why I suggested filming something to see just how much light you need. This will give you a really great idea because it should be the same for streaming since you won't want any imperfections in your screen.

Reactions: ShyCollegeSlut
It's a pretty small room to be honest It's probably 10x10 my studio room (maybe 100 square feet) so you will need way more light than me. I can take a picture of my set up (it's insane) - I still have issues cleaning up my footage- I always have to go through with a refining tool and it takes me hours (sometimes weeks) to edit 1 clip thats why I suggested filming something to see just how much light you need. This will give you a really great idea because it should be the same for streaming since you won't want any imperfections in your screen.

Some pictures might help! Frankly I don't edit videos at all, aside from occasional trimming the beginning/end when I push the record/stop buttons. Everything i've made is very amature/what you'd expect from your girlfriend kind of video. I would like to get into editing/more professional videos but I have no clue where to start, nor what affordable video editing programs exist.

Some pictures might help! Frankly I don't edit videos at all, aside from occasional trimming the beginning/end when I push the record/stop buttons. Everything i've made is very amature/what you'd expect from your girlfriend kind of video. I would like to get into editing/more professional videos but I have no clue where to start, nor what affordable video editing programs exist.

I use final cut pro (but because of the effect work I do) it was expensive but my videos are my full time job- I color correct - noise reduce- for normal clips and obv edit out any mistakes. Then for special effects/green screen I take it section by section (literally) and go through it fixing it, using a refining tool and literally spending 4 hours-????? editing. I have a clip that took me 2 weeks from start to finish (heavy effect work)

I have 0 previous experience in graphic design/editing. Im a former pastry chef so if I can do it I do think anyone can. It's time/learning and spending your life editing lol. Also theres literally 0 tutorials to help people like us because who needs to learn to mask a dick? or crush a building with feet? lol it's really annoying but it's all trial and error.

I would suggest Adobe Premiere I think it's $20-$25 a month and you get access to every Adobe product. I hate premiere personally but I know many girls who LOVE it. Im a MAC girl and I need final cut pro or Im useless. I do use After Effects with some things but that takes me soooooo long.

Status
Not open for further replies.