AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

LiveJasmin and payouts to Canada?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2018
I live in Canada.I have been suffering for a long time trying to find any way to get money out of LiveJasmin. I only use the site occasionally. I only earn about $100 a month, and have not been payed out since they discontinued paper checks to Canada. I am not allowed to register to Webmoney or Epayservice because I have neither cell phone nor a passport. Paxum seems to be the most expensive option. Firstchoicepay has been a nightmare, very difficult to get information from them, and often when I do I find it conflicts with other info I was provided, especially conflicting with info LiveJasmin provides. I believe LiveJasmin purposely makes their payout options seem much better than they are. There are so many fees and difficulties not mentioned. It appears that FirstChoicePay Mastercard is the best of all the horrible options available, but with that I would pay at least $130 in fees if I cash out each month. Thus losing 10% or more of my earnings, and meaning my total earning end up being %15 from LiveJasmin. This infuriates me so much I've even asked if LiveJasmin is able to refund my earnings to all members, as I feel myself and them to have been cheated.

Possibly @Dan Epstein could help you with first choice pay. I use them and I def don't pay 130 in fees every month!

Reactions: Keziah
Apparently to open a US TD Bank account I need a passport and possibly an ITIN # of which I have neither, I know passport costs a lot of time and money.

I meant $130 in the year, which compared to $0 as before with checks, is a huge difference, and since I do not earn much. I haven't looked into opening a TD bank located in USA., but it's worth looking into. Thanks both for responding.

Have you considered looking into other cam sites? MyFreeCams, Streamate, and Chaturbate seem to be the big three.

I don't have any experience with LJ, but from what I've heard about it on two different camming forums, that site has a horrible reputation among cam models with a very high turnover rate. I've read things like how they overcharge people's credit cards...they expect the models to have professional photos, yet models are expected to be dirt cheap...models have to "be nice" to everyone and even do what the freeloaders tell them to do...and models cannot ban a member permanently (can only "silence" them for a limited time).

It's one of those sites I rarely hear mentioned anymore, because it has such a shitty reputation among models that so many have quit and moved on to better sites.

I personally met a team of very trust worthy support people in Jasmin that are doing an outstanding job 24/7, but then again I'm not a model, and definitely not in a position to preach or educate anyone.
I am more than happy to assist with my knowledge on payment solutions at anytime :)

I have further investigated the option of opening a US Bank account and registering that with FirstChoicePay. I was told in FCP support chat that since I live in Canada, the US bank (specifically TD Bank) account would not be approved. So this is not an option, is that correct Dan Epstein? Other than the $130+ to obtain a passport to set up the bank account, this did seem like a great solution. The FCP card requires $30 yearly fee, $2 monthly, $3 per cash out, $3+ ATM fee, slightly high exchange spread. The yearly fee is the killer for this option, I have never paid any fee for any card or ATM transaction in my life. I suppose if it was just a $10 yearly fee with no monthly fee, or neither a yearly or monthly fee but instead a higher cash out/ transaction fee of $4 or $5, I would be less hesitant of the card.

As far as changing sites, I did not research this, but from what I have come across it appears they all basically use the same or similar payout methods. Also I have a history in Jasmin and do not wish to leave it, also I have a very loyal member, and a couple casual members there that I do not wish to lose, and not sure how it would be best to go about moving them from one site to another. I'm sure it's against Jasmin rules as well.

Yes Songbird, they require "professional" photos, and require too much of people. And basically I'd describe it as they want fake robots there and not regular people. They like to make the rich richer and do everything to keep the poorer, less ''professional'' models poorer. The ban system is horrible, it's not fare to either the performers or the members.

The support are generally very nice in Jasmin, but they are left with a horrible set of rules to deal with, also they have a lot of misinformation or lack of knowledge about many of the payout options. So many times I was told one thing by Jasmin, then I asked the payment processor to find out a different answer or more barriers. I've asked Jasmin many times correct their misinformation and write a more realistic description of their payout options, and so far no acknowledgment of anything wrong.

Hi again. I’m sorry to hear about this experience, and I have a modest proposal.
If the gating items for action are annual or monthly fees, I can mediate a solution.
It sounds to me like you may have pending payments, and you wish to receive them as fast as possible and move on to other endeavors. Feel free to contact me directly, and I’ll provide you with the best extent of my assistance and knowledge.

Hi again. I’m sorry to hear about this experience, and I have a modest proposal.
If the gating items for action are annual or monthly fees, I can mediate a solution.
It sounds to me like you may have pending payments, and you wish to receive them as fast as possible and move on to other endeavors. Feel free to contact me directly, and I’ll provide you with the best extent of my assistance and knowledge.

You are somewhat correct. I do wish receive my past earnings ... but I also do really not wish to leave Jasmin (it's an important part of my life), I would like to continue but under these payout conditions is really depressing.

Another thought I had was if FCP had more of a percentage based fee structure, so that if their balance was lower, they would pay lower fees, or even be exempt from certain fees, thereby encouraging lower earners to use your service. However I assume in financial services this goes against every principle which I'd assume is to have people maintain higher balances not to mention FCP is limited by the charges of the credit card company. Though the option could mean more customers or at least happier customers.

Last edited:
You are somewhat correct. I do wish receive my past earnings ... but I also do really not wish to leave Jasmin (it's an important part of my life), I would like to continue but under these payout conditions is really depressing.

Another thought I had was if FCP had more of a percentage based fee structure, so that if their balance was lower, they would pay lower fees, or even be exempt from certain fees, thereby encouraging lower earners to use your service. However I assume in financial services this goes against every principle which I'd assume is to have people maintain higher balances, though it could mean more customers or at least happier customers.
Well, being partially correct doesn’t get me further in assisting you. I offer a solution that doesn’t require driving across the border, or incorporating an LLC in the U.S
It does include a card, and it can at the very least bridge the gap until you’ll find the ideal solution of your preference. LMK, and I’ll harness my positive energies and colleagues to assist you.

Update: It appears my money is basically stolen by LiveJasmin. I finally was able to receive a Government ID ($14 for a year. The driver's license would have cost $400 due to a ticket, the passport $170) for the FCP prepaid card application. As I recall Webmoney is not an option as it requires a Passport, and the fees are unknown. ePayService was essentially the same story, and Paxum is ridiculously expensive and likely has a bunch of hoops I need to jump through as well. These are the messages I recieved after submitting my ID's for verification:

Dear Ben Wicks,
Response 04/01/2018 04:45 AM
We are pleased to inform you that your bank transfer method has been approved and the payee has been activated. Unfortunately, we do not support cards anymore. Should you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us at any time.
Thank you,
Kate
Customer Care
Reference Number: 180401-000739

Then on the 10th, I received a message from LiveJasmin:
Dear Partner,
We are writing to inform you that Firstchoice Pay payment method is not available any longer. Still, please note that your funds are safe and secure with us.
If you have funds on your Firstchoice Pay prepaid card, you can withdraw them at any ATM or POS. If your funds are not loaded to your Firstchoice Pay prepaid card, yet, we will send the payments by alternative means. In any case, no payment will be lost.
In order to avoid any delay with your future payments, please change your payment method now. You can switch to Paxum, ePayService or WebMoney e-wallet payment methods, all the three are operational with severalwithdrawal possibilities. Once you have your payment sent to any of these three type of wallets, you will be able to withdraw your funds by EUR EFT or USD Wire transfer or to any 3rd party VISA or MasterCard card. Alternatively, you can use bank transfer or USA paper check methods.
For further information on payment topics, please check Jasmin Wiki at http://wiki.Jasmin.com/display/EW/Payout+system
In order to change your payment method, please log in to your account, go to Payout -> Payout options menu, then use the "To change current payout provider click here" link at the bottom of the page. Please make sure that you make/upload a brand new face & ID picture during the process. This is very important! Due to the high amount of changes, your payment may be delayed if you do not send a new document.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Jasmin team

I am extremely frustrated, upset, depressed about this all, I guess I got f***** 1000 times for free and now I'll get f***** even more if I continue or don't continue to try to get my money. Is there anybody in the states that can assist me in some way to retrieve my LiveJasmin payouts, as it is much easier to receive there?

By reading that e-mail, it sounds like you can get a cheque mailed to you. It's in USD, so you will need to wait 30 days at your bank for the funds to clear, but its better than nothing. Seems to be the easiest method for you to get your payment.

Actually, it looks like they only mail paper cheques to the US. However, @boringroom you might want to check out a mail forwarding service like these guys that can provide you with a US street address and then forward your mail for you. If nothing else, sign up for the free 30 day trial to get your money out of LJ now until you can find a better solution.

Caveat I just found the above company on Google, I have no idea how much they cost or if they are reliable. I'm sure there are other companies that provide similar services. You should also check with LJ to see if the cheque they mail out can be cashed outside the US.

Correct, Jasmin only mail cheques to the U.S.. According to one support person at Jasmin I could have a cheque mailed to somebody in the U.S.. According to another though I can not, so who do I believe? The one support said the only way I could get a cheque was if I moved to the U.S.. I have been provided much conflicting and misinfo though. A good point about whether the cheque could be cashed outside the United States. My bet is no, but I will look into this again and the service you mentioned. Live Jasmin loves to provide misinformation (even after I point it out), as in addition to not being able to get a cheque, not all the services support "transfer or to any 3rd party VISA or MasterCard card" I believe one did but when I inquired they discontinued the VISA option. I'll look into it all next week yet again, I am very tired. It appears to me that Jasmin does it's best to have only studio performers. I don't think they actually want independents, except to keep their unsent payouts.

Update:
I resolved the issue about 3 months ago. I asked Live Jasmin to send the bank info of the checks to me, I took this to my bank and confirmed that there would be no issue depositing the checks. I then set up a United States address through a mail routing/ forwarding company which was free to set-up, it costs about $4 CAN to receive each letter. I've deposited without issue to my TD Canada bank account.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Slapstick
***UPDATE***
I'M HAVING MORE PROBLEMS GETTING PAID OUT AND I AM GETTING EVEN MORE UPSET AND DEPRESSED ABOUT IT ALL!!! Below is the email I sent to LiveJasmin's payout support.

To: *******@jasmin.com
Subject: Re: [SUPPORT #*******]: USD cheques?
X-Attachments: ...\tdjasmin2018 002b.jpg; ...\tdjasmin2018 001b.jpg;

The first set of 3 cheques that were sent to me appear to have remained deposited successfully into my account, but the 11 other cheques have not been successful, the 11 cheques were reversed by my bank with this reason "ACCOUNT CLOSED". 10 of those cheques were automatically sent to me again without my asking of being aware of why, but with new account numbers. I deposited these but again these 10 have been reversed by my bank with the reason of "ACCOUNT CLOSED". 11 cheques/ payouts are still owed to me. Do you close your accounts and open new accounts every month or 2??? What is happening?

Attached is an front/ back image of the notice I just read from my bank.

Another issue (possibly not of your concern) but I have incurred additional fees because of these cheques being reversed due to the exchange rate difference between buy rate and sell rate of US$, mail forwarding/ holding and not to mention the time dealt with all of this headache. My bank suggested that the bank that issued the cheques should be responsible for these. I convinced my bank to reimburse me the first time, and they assured me it would not happen this time, but again I have been charged this difference despite have the cheques "held". Needless to say I have getting very upset and depressed about all of this. I will try to speak with my bank again as soon as I can.

I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.