AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech C920 Price Raise Holy Shit!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Am I losing my mind or did the Logitech C920 Webcam price raise like CRAZY! I can't tell if it's because of COVID and they're having trouble keeping up with orders or something or its because everyone & their mom now with the current situation is ordering this cam so they wanna make some cash money but what the fuck!? Thought I'd order one even though it'll take forever because mine's been wonky lately and I want a backup/don't want to be without a camera but woah. Anyone ordered one lately? Seems over the top. When I bought mine August 2018 it was $48. Damn.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 2.57.07 PM.png

I have never ordered from Aliexpress and I don’t live in the states so I’m not sure if it even ships there... but I just ordered one at far less of a price than what’s on amazon and they seem to have a ton of sellers, so if anyone needs a camera, I hope this helps. Just ordered it now so I’ll (hopefully remember to) update on how long it takes to arrive, although it promised at most 2 weeks.

E2CDB299-BBFF-4892-B3E8-D04AB9423070.jpeg

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
The prices are still normal if you buy directly from logitech. However the ship dates are 3 weeks+ right now.
Yeah, but when I buy from amazon I can get it sent to a locker a couple blocks from my apartment. Otherwise I have to take the train to the post office and pay to pick up the package.

Yeah, but when I buy from amazon I can get it sent to a locker a couple blocks from my apartment. Otherwise I have to take the train to the post office and pay to pick up the package.
why can’t you get it delivered to your home?

A kind of personal reason that I don’t really want to share outside of MO. Long story short, I can’t get packages delivered here.

I believe logitech ships with fedex. When you make a fedex account and something ships to it you can get a text or email telling you something is coming and divert it to a pickup location. I believe UPS also has this option. Sometimes I use this for when I get packages that can't be signed for or are so large they might attract porch pirates. I would suggest you consider making UPS and fedex accounts even if you don't plan anything right away so you can receive notifications. I have no clue if it would solve your issue but would give you more shipping options with normal items.

Local supermarkets often double as pickup/drop stations for UPS/FEDEX

The lockers are a lifesaver! My mail just doesn't show up, even after I recently made a big (but polite) stink about it to the post office both over the phone and in person a couple weeks ago, so I either send stuff to a locker or a friend's house, depending on what's most convenient at the time.

I have never ordered from Aliexpress and I don’t live in the states so I’m not sure if it even ships there... but I just ordered one at far less of a price than what’s on amazon and they seem to have a ton of sellers, so if anyone needs a camera, I hope this helps. Just ordered it now so I’ll (hopefully remember to) update on how long it takes to arrive, although it promised at most 2 weeks.

View attachment 83922

They do deliver to the US, but I have no idea how legit their products are.

Am I losing my mind or did the Logitech C920 Webcam price raise like CRAZY! I can't tell if it's because of COVID and they're having trouble keeping up with orders or something or its because everyone & their mom now with the current situation is ordering this cam so they wanna make some cash money but what the fuck!? Thought I'd order one even though it'll take forever because mine's been wonky lately and I want a backup/don't want to be without a camera but woah. Anyone ordered one lately? Seems over the top. When I bought mine August 2018 it was $48. Damn.

View attachment 83916
Omg I was jus thinking that like were these not only $100

Tbh with what prices are now, if I was looking to get a new webcam I'd just spend a little more and buy a used DSLR/mirrorless camera
Hmmmm I'm looking into an affordable camera solution but I've never cammed so is using a dslr camera the same as using a webcam

Before I got the Brio, which I do like better, I had to get a c920 pro once per year. I never paid over $75 for one. I have heard various things from various different models. Many have the weird wire issue which I would always have, after roughly a year of heavy use. Many others have had them last 2-5 years. So even when this is over, and prices hopefully go down, do think carefully about which camera you want to spend your $$ on.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Before I got the Brio, which I do like better, I had to get a c920 pro once per year. I never paid over $75 for one. I have heard various things from various different models. Many have the weird wire issue which I would always have, after roughly a year of heavy use. Many others have had them last 2-5 years. So even when this is over, and prices hopefully go down, do think carefully about which camera you want to spend your $$ on.
What would you recommend for a beginner do you think they're still accepting applications now from new model with COV-19 going on?

What would you recommend for a beginner do you think they're still accepting applications now from new model with COV-19 going on?
Are we still talking cam,or site?

The only cams I have experience with are the c920 pro, and the brio. Of those 2, I would recommend the Brio, because it was more than twice the price, but looks like it will last a lot longer. It's also really flattering, and strokes my vanity just the right way :) However, it's a lot easier to come up with $75 than nearly $200, sothe c920 is a fine short term option, in my book. I have just never had them last more than a year. So in the long term, if the Brio lasts me even 2-3 years, then it will have saved me money/ broke me even at least.

Site. I recommend Streamate. But I also think MFC is a good site. Those are the only 2 I have personal experience with. I think MFC requires more work in being entertaining/ social/ engaging. I think streamate can be physically demanding, and sometimes damaging, if you are not very strong on boundaries of what you will or won't do. So they both have their different up sides, and down sides. I think they are both good sites tho.

I have no experience on CB. It is the other big one. I think it is pretty easy to get accidentally banned there, and that seems like a bit too stressful for me worry about. So personally, I would not stream on that one. However some people seem to do well on there, and it seems it does have traffic.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Chiara_Montague
Are we still talking cam,or site?

The only cams I have experience with are the c920 pro, and the brio. Of those 2, I would recommend the Brio, because it was more than twice the price, but looks like it will last a lot longer. It's also really flattering, and strokes my vanity just the right way :) However, it's a lot easier to come up with $75 than nearly $200, sothe c920 is a fine short term option, in my book. I have just never had them last more than a year. So in the long term, if the Brio lasts me even 2-3 years, then it will have saved me money/ broke me even at least.

Site. I recommend Streamate. But I also think MFC is a good site. Those are the only 2 I have personal experience with. I think MFC requires more work in being entertaining/ social/ engaging. I think streamate can be physically demanding, and sometimes damaging, if you are not very strong on boundaries of what you will or won't do. So they both have their different up sides, and down sides. I think they are both good sites tho.
Ok def something to consider and I'm def looking into starting on streamate I think it's a great place for me to start I've been doing my research on this for quite some time and I'm so ready to get started. And thanks again for the help💗

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Hmmmm I'm looking into an affordable camera solution but I've never cammed so is using a dslr camera the same as using a webcam
It's a little more complicated to setup, since very few cameras can be plugged into a cpu directly and be ready to go. If you want the most affordable option to start then I would just cam with a phone if you have one with a decent camera, assuming it's possible with your cam site.

Get ready in a month or two for all the people selling their webcams on eBay or Facebook or Craigslist when camming isn't working out and they quit. Industry reps estimate 80% of model failure rate. There is a reason why sex work is a revolving door of new peoples.

Don't spend anything more that $80 for the c920 new. $40 used and still working.

Get ready in a month or two for all the people selling their webcams on eBay or Facebook or Craigslist when camming isn't working out and they quit. Industry reps estimate 80% of model failure rate. There is a reason why sex work is a revolving door of new peoples.

Don't spend anything more that $80 for the c920 new. $40 used and still working.
It's not models buying all the webcams though, it's mostly people who have to work from home

It's not models buying all the webcams though, it's mostly people who have to work from home
I am very much aware, but there has been an influx of new models too. Also when this pandemic eventually dies down and stay at home orders are lifted, those webcams will probably be listed on those sites too.

I'm guessing models quitting in a couple months is going to come quicker than this pandemic ending.

View attachment 83922

Never dared to order something like that on Ali. Too scared that it is a cheap imitation. So curious if it is a real Logitech

Reactions: SaffronBurke
That's exactly what I noticed a few days ago on the websites from my country that sell logitech and I was like wtf so high.. The price is doubled everywhere in my country..

do you think they're still accepting applications now from new model with COV-19 going on?
There has never been a point in time when the major camsites have stopped approving applicants, and I don't forsee that happening. Since nothing about the application process or job is in person, and support staff can easily work from home, there's no reason not to.

Unless it is absolutely necessary to buy a webcam right now I would hold off on it for as long as possible. I have been looking into this over the last couple of weeks and electronic retailers all over Europe and their suppliers are sold out with the exception of those that raised the prices by over $100. Stores are also starting to run out of capture cards good ones that are affordable are mostly gone already, the Elgato Camlink 4k is not available for purchase anywhere, even the stores that raised the price on them by a $100 are sold out now. The USB capture cards that are still in stock are expected to sell out within two weeks and most will be gone by next week. New stock will come in the middle of May at the earliest most likely it is going to be in June, but it is unsure what the volumes will be. The new prices for the C920 are expected to be around $120 possibly more depending on what the supply looks like.

There has been a 400% increase in webcam sales compared to the same time last year and the only reason it isn't higher is that there isn't any more to sell. There was a bigger supply of headsets and there the increase has been 1500%, monitor sales are up 200%. Overall sales for home office supplies including items such as laptops, printers, ink cartridges, webcams among other things are up 245%. It isn't aspiring cam models who are buying all these things it is companies and people working from home and they are even buying used webcams for more than double their original price so prices are going to be a bit crazy for quite some time.

Reactions: cbexplorer

View attachment 83916
Yep, just purchased a USED C290 for $248. (I am also terrible at software so I'm not even sure I'm using all it has to offer!!! )

Status
Not open for further replies.