AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am still using the logitech 9000 that i got 7 yrs ago. its still working, so is it still ok to use for mfc? or should i buy a new one? im just asking because these cams are so expensive

The Logitech 4K is by far the best cam I've ever used. Plus a 3 year warranty? Amazing.
I have a bag full of c920's that don't work anymore... this new one has a thick, long cord and 60+ FPS. It's seriously amazing.
I recommend that for anything.

I recently bought the Logitech c922 and I love the picture and quality, however, I found that since using it my FPS has dropped significantly. When I was using the built in cam of my MacBook I averaged around 20-30 FPS, but now sitting completely still I hover around 13-17 FPS, and the second I start to move around it will drop as low as 7 FPS. From doing a bit of research I figure it may be that my MacBook is having troubles processing the HD Video, but I'm not tech savvy enough to conclude that for myself. I'm hoping to find a solution without having to purchase a new laptop, but if anyone else has come into this same problem please tell me what you did to resolve it!!

I recently bought the Logitech c922 and I love the picture and quality, however, I found that since using it my FPS has dropped significantly. When I was using the built in cam of my MacBook I averaged around 20-30 FPS, but now sitting completely still I hover around 13-17 FPS, and the second I start to move around it will drop as low as 7 FPS. From doing a bit of research I figure it may be that my MacBook is having troubles processing the HD Video, but I'm not tech savvy enough to conclude that for myself. I'm hoping to find a solution without having to purchase a new laptop, but if anyone else has come into this same problem please tell me what you did to resolve it!!

what resolution are you using it at?

You might be able to get help from the Logitech Community Forum or Apple Support Communties.
https://community.logitech.com/s/ https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

• Funny!
Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
also, there's a search engine called www.google.com if you want to find anything else related to either product.

#mansplaining.

Try to clear up your CPU. Run only what you absolutely need to run while you cam. You can also upgrade your internet and see if that works.

But it kinda does seem like your mac can't handle it. I had a PC that couldn't either and I had to upgrade. It's worth it.

But it kinda does seem like your mac can't handle it. I had a PC that couldn't either and I had to upgrade. It's worth it.

Yeah, sadly I figured it was this, I was already starting to save up for a separate computer just for camming but was hoping someone else Had come into this same problem and had a solution! I've tried just about every self fix I could find on google already and searched the Logitech forums! Looks like I'm getting my new computer sooner than I thought!! :p

Yeah, sadly I figured it was this, I was already starting to save up for a separate computer just for camming but was hoping someone else Had come into this same problem and had a solution! I've tried just about every self fix I could find on google already and searched the Logitech forums! Looks like I'm getting my new computer sooner than I thought!! :p

I was camming on 25mb BB and had a terrible connection, I upgraded to 240mb and now have a flawless connection. My machine is nothing special. Also check with your upload speed with your internet provider.

Are the C270 versions that much worse than the C920? I just want a bit better option for c2c over my Acer Aspire 4740G laptop cam.
I wonder if it will even have goods to run that cam and drivers.

I have been using a c920 religiously. Though not perfect (intrigued about this new one that came out) it makes the most of my shitty lighting and allows me to have a bomb ass connection thus decent ranking since I came back to SM this month.

The Logitech 4K is by far the best cam I've ever used. Plus a 3 year warranty? Amazing.
I have a bag full of c920's that don't work anymore... this new one has a thick, long cord and 60+ FPS. It's seriously amazing.
I recommend that for anything.

My understanding is that this cam does not work with Win 10...is this true?

I'm thinking of getting a new cam (turns out I need it for online classes, mine is dreadful) but any on the 900+ line is out of budget. I haven't started making any sort of money yet. Does anyone know if the C525 is decent? Or have recs for anything else under 50€?

I think I need to upgrade. I haven't started camming yet but I bought a c615 as suggested but it's way worse than my built in webcam, i have a macbook air and I seriously prefer that quality. Can anyone explain why using a webcam is better? Also which would be good if you're on a budget? I don't think I would spend more than $100 for now on a logitech, any advice?

I think I need to upgrade. I haven't started camming yet but I bought a c615 as suggested but it's way worse than my built in webcam, i have a macbook air and I seriously prefer that quality. Can anyone explain why using a webcam is better? Also which would be good if you're on a budget? I don't think I would spend more than $100 for now on a logitech, any advice?
Logitech 900's are way better quality. I used to use 615 years ago and the difference between that and the 920 is amazing. You can get the 920 (the one the majority of girls use) on amazon for like $60.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Logitech 900's are way better quality. I used to use 615 years ago and the difference between that and the 920 is amazing. You can get the 920 (the one the majority of girls use) on amazon for like $60.
Thank you so much, I think I'm going to go get one today and see the difference, thank you :h: I have so many questions it's all so confusing!

So I picked up the Brio yesterday after having sudden issues with a couple of 920s and a 930, and even though I could care less about the 4k part of it, I am ecstatic with it passing raw video and being able to have control over the performance. It's definitely not the way to go without a decent computer, but my quad-core i7, 1GB video card (GPU does help with the CPU), 24 GB of RAM, and excess of USB 3.0 ports makes me confident in my stream again.

I used to have to shutoff things like right light, autofocus, cut back the exposure, use overly bright lighting, etc to be happy with my stream quality. Extremely happy to say I was able to let them all fly and my computer processed it like cutting through warm butter. I was able to repeatedly hold my phone up to the cam for a spin wheel app and it transitioned white balance, lighting, and focus naturally, no hesitation, chopiness, or anything.

The background replacement isn't great, and less control in the default settings, but that could come with software updates or third party replacements. Hardware-wise I feel 10 times better with my stream quality on MFC.

I'm in love.

So I picked up the Brio yesterday after having sudden issues with a couple of 920s and a 930, and even though I could care less about the 4k part of it, I am ecstatic with it passing raw video and being able to have control over the performance. It's definitely not the way to go without a decent computer, but my quad-core i7, 1GB video card (GPU does help with the CPU), 24 GB of RAM, and excess of USB 3.0 ports makes me confident in my stream again.

I used to have to shutoff things like right light, autofocus, cut back the exposure, use overly bright lighting, etc to be happy with my stream quality. Extremely happy to say I was able to let them all fly and my computer processed it like cutting through warm butter. I was able to repeatedly hold my phone up to the cam for a spin wheel app and it transitioned white balance, lighting, and focus naturally, no hesitation, chopiness, or anything.

The background replacement isn't great, and less control in the default settings, but that could come with software updates or third party replacements. Hardware-wise I feel 10 times better with my stream quality on MFC.

I'm in love.
I bought one and plan to give it a try in the near future just to see if it'll be worth it. It has a different way to attach to a tripod than its predecessors, so if I like it and stick with it, I'll have to go back to velcro zipties to attach when I want to move from resting on top of the laptop to a tripod.

Reactions: AmyDay
Is it possible to cam with something other than Logitech?
There are other webcams and non-webcams that can be used, but Logitech seems to have the most convenient features for cammers.

Reactions: robbiej

I'm in love.

Honestly as someone who works in tech/security you could pull off raw footage with a mid range laptop so long as you have like "SSD/solid state disk drive" as your HD, common bottle neck .. 24GB of ram would be great if you were producing haha but you'll likely never use that with a cam,

• Helpful!
Do even the basic logitech C270 webcams need a fair bit of computing power to run at a decent FPS rate, I have virtually nothing esle running escape the necessitys but it drop back to 1 or 2 FPS and starts freezing up and lagging.
I have an acer Aspire 5735Z
2GB DDR2-667 RAM
160GB 4500RPM hard drive.
Does sound a bit under power for camming...seriously struggles with 2 CB site windows open.

Do even the basic logitech C270 webcams need a fair bit of computing power to run at a decent FPS rate, I have virtually nothing esle running escape the necessitys but it drop back to 1 or 2 FPS and starts freezing up and lagging.
I have an acer Aspire 5735Z
2GB DDR2-667 RAM
160GB 4500RPM hard drive.
Does sound a bit under power for camming...seriously struggles with 2 CB site windows open.

you are probably at the bare minimum for requirements for the C270 your laptop is getting a little old it has a Intel pentium 2 core Intel Pentium T3200 2.00GHz and only 2GB so when your OS needs it own requirements to do system tasks, you still arent making the recommended system specs for it, you can get away with reaaaally low resolutions but if you even want to stop the stuttering/lag/caching with a decent pic or at 720HD you are going to need a better lappy .. Here is your CPU mark score http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?id=1143 the cpu mark is really low (higher better) vs midrange to high end machines now, you can get a midrange intel core i5 with a lot of memory (8gb) and even a solid state hard drive for very cheap,

if you are a cam model consider it a work expense which is going to pay itself off

Requirements for C270

Basic:
  • 1 GHz
  • 512 MB RAM or more
  • 200 MB hard drive space
  • Internet connection
  • USB 1.1 port (2.0 recommended)

For HD 720p
    • 2.4 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 200 MB hard drive space
    • USB 2.0 port
    • 1 Mbps upload speed or higher
    • 1280 x 720 screen resolution

I saw this earlier on bestbuy;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...256gb-ssd-pearl-black/5579128.p?skuId=5579128

SSD disk / geforce video / big solid state drive / lots of ram, and an intel core i5, and it doesnt break the bank!

you can also use logitechs new 4K webcam which looks neat

4K Camera SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Windows® 7 (1080p only), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
      macOS 10.10 or higher
    Google™ Chromebook™ Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with:
    • 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
    • 2 GB RAM or more
    • Hard drive space for recorded videos
    • USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Robbie!
Yes that seem to be the case, only just cutting it for short times then dropping as the laptop struggles.
Im Just a part time exibishionist and ocasionally c2c with a model friend, it's great on CB now i can pvt with my samsung tablet and run the one window on my laptop for the cam, quite a delay with the sound of me coming through her cam, kind of like an echo lol.
Yeah time to upgrade.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbiej
Status
Not open for further replies.