AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my c920 as at my local shops that is the newest and best version avail. Hoping it doesn't wash me out

Reactions: robbiej
what was the price on that when it was available? it says this item is no longer available

you are probably at the bare minimum for requirements for the C270 your laptop is getting a little old it has a Intel pentium 2 core Intel Pentium T3200 2.00GHz and only 2GB so when your OS needs it own requirements to do system tasks, you still arent making the recommended system specs for it, you can get away with reaaaally low resolutions but if you even want to stop the stuttering/lag/caching with a decent pic or at 720HD you are going to need a better lappy .. Here is your CPU mark score http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?id=1143 the cpu mark is really low (higher better) vs midrange to high end machines now, you can get a midrange intel core i5 with a lot of memory (8gb) and even a solid state hard drive for very cheap,

if you are a cam model consider it a work expense which is going to pay itself off

Requirements for C270

Basic:
  • 1 GHz
  • 512 MB RAM or more
  • 200 MB hard drive space
  • Internet connection
  • USB 1.1 port (2.0 recommended)

For HD 720p
    • 2.4 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 200 MB hard drive space
    • USB 2.0 port
    • 1 Mbps upload speed or higher
    • 1280 x 720 screen resolution

I saw this earlier on bestbuy;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...256gb-ssd-pearl-black/5579128.p?skuId=5579128

SSD disk / geforce video / big solid state drive / lots of ram, and an intel core i5, and it doesnt break the bank!

you can also use logitechs new 4K webcam which looks neat

4K Camera SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Windows® 7 (1080p only), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
      macOS 10.10 or higher
    Google™ Chromebook™ Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with:
    • 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
    • 2 GB RAM or more
    • Hard drive space for recorded videos
    • USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready)

what was the price on that when it was available? it says this item is no longer available

here are some more,
Core i7 CPU (really good) +SSD HD+ 8GB memory 999$
lots of cpu power, you could cam plus use things like OBS Studio(obsproject) and other cam plugin studios for your broadcast and you would never get lag with a core 5i - core i7 with 8GB of ram

some laptops have a 'nvidia geforce' or 'ati radeon' graphics/GPUs but those are meant for gaming /3D graphics

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...drive-platinum-silver/5722736.p?skuId=5722736

Here is something similar but with a 3D graphics GPU "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB dedicated graphics", pretty much the same specs its just a intel core i5 .. core i5 is a great cpu, if you laptop is from 2009-2011 well the core i5 is still going to wipe the floor with it

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-in...lid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507

heres that same laptop just without the Geforce GTX, 799$ . frggn cheap.. you can save money and buy a log 4k cam or a DSLR hehe
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-in...olid-state-drive-gray/5606500.p?skuId=5606500

does anyone use the c930 with Sm broadcast? Im wanting to try it but when I got my c922 it didnt work right with SM broadcast because its made for twitch, OBS and xsplit

I use c920 with Sm broadcast now but I have had this webcam for nearly 3 years....and I think its almost on its last leg lol

Well shoot, Best Buy won't price match because its not sold BY newegg, but a 3rd party. Oh well, even with shipping its still $50 less than retail. :) I just wanted the instant gratification lol

does anyone use the c930 with Sm broadcast? Im wanting to try it but when I got my c922 it didnt work right with SM broadcast because its made for twitch, OBS and xsplit

I use c920 with Sm broadcast now but I have had this webcam for nearly 3 years....and I think its almost on its last leg lol

I do!! I enjoy it with no problems :)

Reactions: robbiej
Has anyone tried the Brio yet? I have one thanks to my BF but it's been a PITA to set up correctly :(The lighting is WAY off!

Has anyone tried the Brio yet? I have one thanks to my BF but it's been a PITA to set up correctly :(The lighting is WAY off!
I just tested it last night! I'll be making a more extensive review about it when I have time this week, but I had the same experience as you. Seems Logitech is giving us less and less ability to customize the lighting/settings with every new driver release... BAH!

Not just that, but their control software SUCKS BALLS and it makes the cam look like crap even with good lighting!

I am seeing myself using the C920 way more than the Brio nowadays, even for livestreams or whatever. Originally I wanted to use the Brio for recording clips but ugh, it's just a hassle to use :(

The microphone in it is eons better than the C20, though.

Just got my 920 today and I am so happy. Also pretty impressed w/ the Logitech webcam software, easy to use, but lots of control. There's a reason it's so often recommended.

Hi :) curious, are you using PC or Mac with your 920?

(Mine was being weird with my Mac, I did get it to work, but the Apple Store app download for camera control isn't doing much... I'm wondering if it's my Airbook. I may switch to my PC, but was wondering if I just need to mess with it more.)

Thank you :)

I am able to use my C920 without problems under macOS Sierra. Granted, this is a Mid 2012 pre retina MBP but ti should work well anyway.

What Mac do you have and which version of macOS are you running?

Hi :) curious, are you using PC or Mac with your 920?

(Mine was being weird with my Mac, I did get it to work, but the Apple Store app download for camera control isn't doing much... I'm wondering if it's my Airbook. I may switch to my PC, but was wondering if I just need to mess with it more.)

Thank you :)
I'm using a PC. The software I'm using with it is Logitech's software that I downloaded off of their website, but I looked around a bit and it doesn't look like they have a camera software that will work with Mac. I've never used a Mac for anything camming related, so I'm not sure what to recommend instead.

I am able to use my C920 without problems under macOS Sierra. Granted, this is a Mid 2012 pre retina MBP but ti should work well anyway.

What Mac do you have and which version of macOS are you running?
Yes I upgraded to Sierra; I only have 4gb ram tho (it's a tiny airbook) but my wifi is very high speed. I feel like the control app I downloaded isn't doing anything...
I'm using a PC. The software I'm using with it is Logitech's software that I downloaded off of their website, but I looked around a bit and it doesn't look like they have a camera software that will work with Mac. I've never used a Mac for anything camming related, so I'm not sure what to recommend instead.

Yes no software, only an app in iTunes Store for Mac. They say it's plug and play with Mac but not really the case. I'm a little bummed... I may try it with the gaming pc. ;) Good to know! Thank you!

It's a RAM problem. You don't have enough.

Sadly 4GB is just too low RAM nowadays :( The bare minimum for camming is 8GB of RAM and frankly I always suggest to go for 16 at least.

A firmware update for the Logitech BRIO has been released. It popped up on my computer and, according to Logitech, will bring "image quality enhancements" :)

2n6yjiu.jpg

Damn, I wish they'd let us have 2 different drivers installed at the same time so I don't have to re-install and uninstall to check this out.

I just tested it last night! I'll be making a more extensive review about it when I have time this week, but I had the same experience as you. Seems Logitech is giving us less and less ability to customize the lighting/settings with every new driver release... BAH!
I intended on doing a more elaborate review but as stated above I uninstalled the drivers to go back to my C922 so that may be on hold until I have more time. But all in all, the problems with the camera ultimately only boil down to the software being inadequate for lighting and color correction.

Beyond the drivers, I use the cam settings in XSplit to further adjust the cam, and even with their expanded options it still wasn't enough to adjust it properly. To me, it seemed that the camera wanted to focus solely on my face while I was right in front of the cam. That's the only lighting it cared about. Which is terrible in a cam model situation because so many of us have lighting in our rooms behind us, to the side of us, etc. Not being able to turn off the auto functions made it impossible to be able to get up and move around the room in usual cam model fashion.

I'm not quite sure what's so fucking hard about allowing users more flexibility in the lighting/color settings. I get that many companies want to simplify things for users, but for those of us who WANT to be able to tinker with every little setting, fucking LET US! :punch::rage::vamp:

Goddammit Logitech I'm angry with you. I've been a huge supporter of you for YEARS, stop disappointing me and my model friends!

Reactions: AudriTwo
To me, it seemed that the camera wanted to focus solely on my face while I was right in front of the cam. That's the only lighting it cared about. Which is terrible in a cam model situation because so many of us have lighting in our rooms behind us, to the side of us, etc. Not being able to turn off the auto functions made it impossible to be able to get up and move around the room in usual cam model fashion.
This guy proves exactly what I'm talking about at this moment of his review video:

• Helpful!
Reactions: KikiPlumpAss
Thanks for posting this. I was considering upgrading from a C910 to the Brio, but I think I will scrap that idea and go for a C922 instead.
The 922 is slightly limited in its settings adjustments, too, but not as bad as the brio. If you're used to the options on the 910/920 the 922 will still feel a little limited. Just a warning. :)

Beyond the drivers, I use the cam settings in XSplit to further adjust the cam, and even with their expanded options it still wasn't enough to adjust it properly. To me, it seemed that the camera wanted to focus solely on my face while I was right in front of the cam. That's the only lighting it cared about. Which is terrible in a cam model situation because so many of us have lighting in our rooms behind us, to the side of us, etc. Not being able to turn off the auto functions made it impossible to be able to get up and move around the room in usual cam model fashion.

Have you tried turning off all the auto settings and it still tries to auto focus?

Auto focus was very bad for our show but I managed to disable it with these settings:

14izxi9.jpg

dbqcyr.jpg

vs2980.jpg

x22adl.jpg

I hope this helps

Have you tried turning off all the auto settings and it still tries to auto focus?

Auto focus was very bad for our show but I managed to disable it with these settings:

14izxi9.jpg

dbqcyr.jpg

vs2980.jpg

x22adl.jpg

I hope this helps
Is this on today's/most recent driver update? If so, I have not tried it, it was a couple weeks ago I attempted to test the cam and the screencaps you show look different than what I was presented with.

Is this on today's/most recent driver update?

Yes, this is with the latest firmware update but Logitech has not updated the driver itself, only the firmware. I am still using the Logitech driver from April 28 (driver version 1.0.71.1). The controls are the same as before the update.

... the screencaps you show look different than what I was presented with.

Are you using MAC? I have Windows 10 but the screenshots you posted in your first post in this thread show much of the same settings.

The first 2 pics are from the Logitech camera settings app. The other 2 pics is what I get as device settings when I use the BRIO with any software, like VLC player, some older software I use: AMCap, and of course OBS.

VLC:
2j4eg6q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.