AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my PTZ Pro 2. It feels awesome, but don't have drivers and setting. So it can't be colour corrected. Anyway even in standart preset everything looks cool.

What are everyone's thoughts on the new Razer Kiyo webcam?

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-broadcaster/razer-kiyo
Considering how poor their previous Stargazer webcam was, I expect this to be about the same without the Intel RealSense technology. The software it comes with will most likely work poorly, that is what I have come to expect after using stuff from Razer for over 10 years. The camera it self will be made by cheap components but it will not be reflected by the price because what people are actually paying for is the Razer brand. I believe that buying a Logitech C920 or C922 and a separate ring light is going to be a better option

Since I have finally moved on from my very favorite webcam of all time (the Logitech 9000 which has been discontinued) I figured I'd put together a thread about the current, most popular webcams.

Logitech c920 (probably the most common used among cam girls now.)

Logitech c930e (which I think they may have re-marketed into the "Pro webcam?")

Logitech c922 (brand new and just released this past weekend, marketed as the best streaming webcam for game broadcasters.)

For starters, I came to realize yesterday that ManyCam had probably been interfering with the quality of my cam image for a long while. I have recently switched to using XSplit Broadcaster and during my struggle to get new cams working yesterday noticed how much easier it is to adjust the lighting settings on Xsplit than on ManyCam. I could set them identically and they looked different. So the images below are taken on Xsplit.

C920
View attachment 65999
C930e
View attachment 66001
C922
View attachment 66000

Some things you'll notice:
  • the drivers/settings interface for C920 are the simplest to use, they're the old style sliders. It is easiest to get the color/lighting good on that.
  • The C930e has a wider lens angle, and I also had to crank up the color saturation to look even somewhat alive, still ended up with a bland/less pink image. Some may like that, not sure if I do. I guess it's the most natural, though?
  • The C922 felt very similar to the 920, but ever so slightly sharper/crisper image. Obviously I had some problems with the lighting setting it is a tad too dark, but with this settings interface for some reason it's difficult to master the exposure/gain settings. I should have cranked the gain up a bit like I did on the 930e. But on both the 930e and 922 the exposure setting was pretty impossible to fine-tune.

Currently I'm having problems with video glitching/flickering with both the 930e and 922 so I'm sticking with the 920 until we get that resolved. I think the audio quality on the 930e will likely be the best, and the wide angle is sorta cool, so if I can come to terms with the settings interface for it I may aim to make that my default.

Feel free to report your findings with these webcams as well, maybe exchanging notes about our experiences will help others figure out what works best for them. :)
Hi there where you able to add that Information in the top left corner of your screen by using the webcam software?

Hi there where you able to add that Information in the top left corner of your screen by using the webcam software?
The image you see on those screenshots was placed with ManyCam. I now use Xsplit instead.

The image you see on those screenshots was placed with ManyCam. I now use Xsplit instead.
Ok so if I want to put a banner on my screen like follow my Twitter I need to use either many cams or xsplit is that software I can purchase? And if so where?

Ok so if I want to put a banner on my screen like follow my Twitter I need to use either many cams or xsplit is that software I can purchase? And if so where?
Yes. Just google them.

Is it safe to say that the c922 has the most crisp/clear picture quality? I avoided the c930e as it didn't come with software and a separate streaming software was needed, I got the c920 as it was cheap and most intuitive to use... Did I goof and should I have gotten the c922 instead? My goal is to have a super clear/crisp video and on par with what I've seen some top 50 models use.

Does anyone know what cam some of the top 20 models are using? For example I love the quality f Kate_Mistress cam but she has good lighting as well. Does that look like a Logitech or something else?

Last edited:
I also like the quality of GinnyPotter's feed on MFC... is this Logitech or something else? It looks clearer than majority of the other cams on there.

Some models don't use webcams at all, but professional video cameras/DSLRs. These are way more expensive and streaming for hours at a time can really burn those kinds of cameras out fast. For instance, I just asked WhoreNickels what kind of cam she used because her feed is CRYSTAL clear, and she said it was a $2k Sony video camera.

Some models don't use webcams at all, but professional video cameras/DSLRs. These are way more expensive and streaming for hours at a time can really burn those kinds of cameras out fast. For instance, I just asked WhoreNickels what kind of cam she used because her feed is CRYSTAL clear, and she said it was a $2k Sony video camera.
One day well be able to afford to burn out 2k cameras on the reg ;)

Interesting. I do have a very high quality camera (non-dslr) it's the Canon G7x which is used by many vloggers and I paid $700 for it but from what I just researched you would need a capture card to use it and the process seems complicated; I guess it would be easier to get use the Logitech.

Do you know by any chance which models are using the DSLR's? I would love to know so I can watch their feed and see what it looks like compared to someone using a Logitech.

I regret not getting the C933 as i did not know that it was the one recommended for streaming. I was also planning on streaming on Twitch as well.

Interesting. I do have a very high quality camera (non-dslr) it's the Canon G7x which is used by many vloggers and I paid $700 for it but from what I just researched you would need a capture card to use it and the process seems complicated; I guess it would be easier to get use the Logitech.

Do you know by any chance which models are using the DSLR's? I would love to know so I can watch their feed and see what it looks like compared to someone using a Logitech.

I actually have no idea, as I was on hiatus for two years until just recently. Sorry!

Lol you are right btw about models using DSLR's... I was checking out this new model's show (I'm checking out tons of shows to get ideas for when I start camming) and I think she came from Chaturbate.... with existing followers.. she has the new tag but already over 200 people in her room and in the top 20 for most popular rooms. Cam quality was incredible and I asked her what she was using and she said it was a Sony A6000 which is on the same level as my G7X.

There's absolutely zero choppiness in her stream unlike with most; it's basically like HD quality. Iguess I will try that and if it works return the logitech...

Lol you are right btw about models using DSLR's... I was checking out this new model's show (I'm checking out tons of shows to get ideas for when I start camming) and I think she came from Chaturbate.... with existing followers.. she has the new tag but already over 200 people in her room and in the top 20 for most popular rooms. Cam quality was incredible and I asked her what she was using and she said it was a Sony A6000 which is on the same level as my G7X.

There's absolutely zero choppiness in her stream unlike with most; it's basically like HD quality. Iguess I will try that and if it works return the logitech...
Keep in mind this will burn your camera out fast. You may want to make sure it's going to be worth it financially first to put that kind of wear on your camera. Top models are using those cameras because they can afford to.

Yep, June Moore's feed is amazeballs. She cammed on CB, is on patreon, and has her own site. She's new on MFC, though, hence the tag!

Reactions: Tilly
Yep, June Moore's feed is amazeballs. She cammed on CB, is on patreon, and has her own site. She's new on MFC, though, hence the tag!

Lol yea; it was her. At one point she had 300 people in there. I really like the quality of her feed and the lighting; it was all very non-choppy. Even some of the other girls that are in the top 10 Miss MFC etc have choppy feeds. I want mine to be high quality like that.

It was really good to see a new model (new to MFC) at least do so well as some of the other ones were struggling so bad.

Lol I found this but i also read on here that using your dslr as a cam is not a good idea since it will shorten the lifespan of your camera because the sensors exposure to light

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tilly
I actually think the Logitech business one that has the ability to use the zoom function is probably the best. I see A LOT of Romanians on Steamate using them... Do you guys know what studio they are from btw? They all use the webcam that zooms in and out and I think it's from the same studio.

I got the C920 and although I like it I work in a very small place and need to be able to zoom out in order to show my body. I think the C920 better for streaming on Twitch unless you have a large enough area where you can actually walk backwards in order to get fully in frame. Or I'm going to have to change the angle at which I cam so I can walk back at least a few feet.

Finally have the Brio...where can I find software for it? I want something similar to the c920 software, so easy to record with that. There must be something for the Brio. On the c920 software it says its 720p. No bueno. Help!

My very first cam was c910 back in the day I got the c930e but it wasn’t compatible with the site I was on. The c920 gave me the most weird hues. I gotta say I loooove the c922.

Reactions: SNATCH
I recently got the logitech Brio and I LOVE the 90 degree Field of View. It has drastically changed my camming experience in the one day I've been using it.

One MAJOR flaw though, you cannot turn off Right Light which causes the cam to flicker dark for a second to automatically adjust the room brightness. It looks HORRIBLE and drives me insane, flicker is my least favorite thing ever.

Example of issue here:

Please tell me one of you have found a workaround for this issue. I found turning off HDR slightly reduces how frequently it occurs.

This is the only suggestion I could find on google - to use the old Logitech C920 software. If you turn off the auto exposure then it fixes the issue but it causes the cam to lag. (I have a powerful custom built PC, power is not an issue for me.)

I should mention, I stream through XSplit, I'm not sure if that helps or hurts me find a solution.

Now, to answer your question @KikiPlumpAss this is what the software looks like. You can download them from logitech here.

Logitech C920 on the left, Brio on the right.

logitech.jpg

Finally have the Brio...where can I find software for it? I want something similar to the c920 software, so easy to record with that. There must be something for the Brio. On the c920 software it says its 720p. No bueno. Help!

My wife uses the 4k Logitech Brio - You won't find any software out there at present that will allow for splitcam to function properly with the webcam using any of the 4 available resolution settings. Best setting to use is the 4k 30 frames per seconds. But you will have to open a seperate window for each site your on, and toggle between them. Maybe with a gen 5 I7 processor and GeForce 4 gig graphics (Top of the line Gaming PC) The spitter software might function better with the Brio - But we haven't found anything to date

I recently got the logitech Brio and I LOVE the 90 degree Field of View. It has drastically changed my camming experience in the one day I've been using it.

Logitech C920 on the left, Brio on the right.

View attachment 74713

Shouldn't your Logictech 920 driver preferences look like this? your screenshot looks like its using the windows driver?
c920.jpg

Shouldn't your Logictech 920 driver preferences look like this? your screenshot looks like its using the windows driver?
View attachment 74784

If I were using a C920, absolutely! But because I'm using a Brio on the preview software it changes completely and makes it ugly and in my case unusable, so that suggestion went out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.