AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Looking to "hire" gaming models. Details inside.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
I use "hire" in quotes for a reason, don't worry.

As some of you models know, I do video game video reviews. You can find them at http://youtube.com/unclethursday or http://blip.tv/utgr if you don't know and want to check them out.

Unfortunately, my reviews have been on hiatus for a bit, for two reasons. First, my Xbox 360 died on me. Second, my iMac that I have been using to edit is now dying on me. :crybaby:

However, I hope to have a new kick ass PC, soon, and a new Xbox, so I can again record more than just PS3 games.

So, I want to start 'season 2' of Uncle Thursday Game Reviews with a nice promo. A promo I have so cleverly entitled "The Hot Girls Promo." I know, I should be in marketing. :p

I've had the idea for a while, and one model friend, MissSexyVixen, has already submitted a video for the promo. I know a few other girls IRL I am trying to get involved, too, but they seem to think that because they're over 30 they aren't fit to be called "hot girls" in the promo (so not true!!!).

So, here's the idea:

I'm looking to get around 7-10 girls in the promo (and if there's more interest, maybe do more than one promo). Each girl in the promo would be sitting, playing a game, with a controller in their hand. Then they'd look to the camera and simply say "I watch Uncle Thursday Game Reviews." The promo would cycle through all the girls, then at the end it will say "Uncle Thursday Game Reviews... Hot girls watch. So should you."

So, if any of you are interested, here are the rules for the videos.

1. For copyright reasons, it is best to not show the game or really hear it. Having the camera facing you the entire time would be best.

2. This is a NON-NUDE video. You can dress casually while still showing you are sexy, but there is no nudity allowed. This video will show up on YouTube and Blip.TV, as well as my podcast feed on iTunes and the videocast's blog site. Any nudity will be kept for my own... research... later on... :lol:

3. The video does not need to be long. 30-40 seconds is all that there needs to be. With just enough "dead air" so to speak to allow for editing the video into the promo.

4. If you can do 720p video, that is a bonus. However, I will upscale any video that is less than 720p, or downscale any 1080p video.

5. The copyright for these particular videos would be relinquished to me for use in the promo.

6. You also do not need to worry about this video using your model name in it. The end will simply say "thanks to all the hot girls of UTGR." That way, if anyone you know happens to see it, you can just say you were helping a friend out.

Now, for those models interested, but not really knowing me (or already loving me :p ), I am willing to offer some token compensation for the videos. 300 tokens to each model. I know this sounds low for a video, but I think the very short length, coupled with the no nudity part makes this a fair amount of compensation for only a few minutes of your time.

As of now, I will not need any of the videos right away, so there is time to think on it. It's going to take a few weeks to save up for a new PC and Xbox and for me to get new footage ready to edit into video reviews.

When I am ready, I will contact any interested modes on MFC, either in their rooms or through MFC mail with the token compensation if they ask for it in this thread.

So, any interested gamer models, please just let me know in this thread. We can discuss how to get the videos to me at a later time.

This sounds fun. I'm up for it, I even have my comfy gaming beanbag chair I can record the video from. :p Always love to help a fellow game nerd out.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Jupiter551 said:
Yeah this sounds fun I'm totally down to...oh WAIT you only want the girls :-x

Not his fault that boobies make the best advertisement. :lol:

Jupiter551 said:
Yeah this sounds fun I'm totally down to...oh WAIT you only want the girls :-x
No worries, Jup. You just need some razors, duct tape, and possibly a wig; we can make you a star.

I_Am_Iris said:
NerdgasmGirl said:
Not his fault that boobies make the best advertisement. :lol:

Fuck! There have to be boobies?! And here I was thinking about doing it! :snooty:

Ha, I know you have boobies. You are on sometimes when I check my MFC mail in the mornings. The day I happened to peak from the lounge out of curiosity I caught you flashing. You are just fishing for compliments, so I shall give you one. They were very lovely.

I volunteer to be pc gaming girl! I'm not going to be active on MFC again until November, but my account is still open, and it's still possible to send me MFC mail or offline tips. :)

I'm keen! I play PS3 and PC, but I imagine PS3 would look better in the video. PM me if you like :)

ETA: I'm only really on Chaturbate though, I don't use mfc anymore.

Wow, didn't expect responses so quick... some replies:

Nerdgasm: w00tness! First positive reply! (picture mhappy emote here)

Jupiter: I actually was going to see about having the BF of one of the girls I know in RL potentially do something at the end, like have him be all upset and semi-ranting "oh! What? I'm not hot enough to be in your stupid promo?!" and then redo the hot girls watch to hot girls... and Nick watch. :p Unfortunately, I don't know the condition of hers and his relationship at the moment. It's... hectic and complicated. But the general idea of having a guy show up at the end as the "hot girls watch" with a record scratching sound has been an idea for almost as long as the promo idea has been. So, don't count it out... but the idea would have then be for his GF, who's also supposed to be in the promo looking in the camera and then shrugging.

Iris: nooooooo boobees in the promo. Any bewbies would stay with me for, um, reference. :lol: But, if you're a gamer girl, and think it would be a cool idea for a promo, then by all means, consider it. I'd be glad to have you involved. :) After all, having a bunch of hot gamer ladies in a promo is really just a shameless attempt by me to get my reviews more noticed. :p

Luna: I don't really review PC games, yet. Mostly because my main computer, right now, is a Mac. But it could work if you wanted to show you sitting at a computer with the title logo to my game reviews on the screen (since I own the copyright on my own logo, obviously). We can discuss as it gets closer to the time I can actually edit videos again (I am taking my iMac to the Apple Store tomorrow to find out how much it will cost to repair). I am saving up for a gaming PC, however, so PC gaming reviews may end up coming, as well.

Shelter and Mia: Chaturbate, yes. As I know the payment method is the same to the girls if they would like some compensation for not knowing me and still helping me out. Streammate, I haven't been on in a long, long time. So I don't know how they do credits/tokens/whatever. So Streammate is more of a maybe at this point.

Mia: The PS3 controller would be better for a view of you on a couch or something. But the same as above for Luna if you wanted to be at a PC, with my logo on the screen.

Thanks for the positive response, so far. I was almost afraid of some replies being less than enthusiastic to the idea.

Also, gamer ladies (and gentlemen, too), feel free to check out the reviews I have posted so far and critique them. I know the first few didn't quite flow the way I had hoped. But I think I have gotten better at both video editing and not sounding like I'm reading from a script with pretty much each video. I've been writing reviews for over a decade; but only video editing for about a year (see my Dead Space 2 review as really my first true attempt), and self teaching myself, at that. Add to that, that the reading of a shortened review for a video format is harder than I expected.

Hopefully I'll hear some more positive responses as well. :D

Oh, since I forgot to put it in the original post: I don't expect any videos made until I have given the compensation asked, if any, by those interested. But if you want to maybe throw some ideas for your own parts, I'm more than wiling to listen.

EDIT: And, Iris, I just checked your MFC profile. Your Gears of War and Mortal Kombat pumpkins are AWESOMETASTIC!!!! I made two fatality emotes on MFC before the newest MK came out, fatality1 and fatality2. ;)

So, my iMac isn't as bad as I thought. It's not the CPU fan that's dying. But the hard drive fan. This is easier to live with.

So, with luck, maybe I'll have my new Xbox by the time Halo 4 comes out, as that it's definitely a game I need to review.

I'll probably start contacting interested models in the next few weeks. So, if there are any more interested, please say so, soon.

OK, quick update:

I worked a shit ton of OT this check (I worked a double on Friday, alone, plus what I had before that). So if I work it right, I will have my new Xbox 360 by next check.

Then I just have to hope my computer holds up until I can replace it.

But, since this will get my my new Xbox before Halo 3, I can also start sending out the tokens for the videos. I will MFC mail those of you on MFC, soon. And I will have to find out how to get the Chaturbate girls some more info (I don't know if they have a mail system there, I;m not on there a lot).

So, if there's any other interested models, let me know. Also if you know any other gamer models wh might be interested but they do not come here, have them send me a MFC mail or something so I can get a final count.

With luck, I will have all the videos and edit them together by the middle of October or so. :D

NerdgasmGirl said:
Dude, you'll have to pick up Borderlands 2. It's amazing! :dance:

I know, I loved the first one. It's definitely on my pick up, play and review list.

Along with Dead Space 3 and Halo 4.

EDIT: So , have any of you gamer girls or guys checked out what I have reviewed? Any constructive criticism is appreciated, being as I know I still need work on my video editing skills and such. ;)

I like your reviews but you do sound a little scripted. If I had to guess you probably type out what you want to say and then read it from a screen right? It leaves your dialogue a little monotone and even when you're excited about a game it seems like you're a little indifferent. Also...You had never played another Elder Scrolls game!? :eek:

A great example of the monotone is when you're actually doing the skyrim review. The only time you sound really excited is when you're talking about your character, you say "For example my character is a plate wearing, spell casting, sneaking, lockpicking son of a bitch" you can hear the smile in your voice. The rest of the time you don't really hear that smile so much.

NerdgasmGirl said:
I like your reviews but you do sound a little scripted. If I had to guess you probably type out what you want to say and then read it from a screen right? It leaves your dialogue a little monotone and even when you're excited about a game it seems like you're a little indifferent. Also...You had never played another Elder Scrolls game!? :eek:

A great example of the monotone is when you're actually doing the skyrim review. The only time you sound really excited is when you're talking about your character, you say "For example my character is a plate wearing, spell casting, sneaking, lockpicking son of a bitch" you can hear the smile in your voice. The rest of the time you don't really hear that smile so much.

I do write out the reviews, and then read them, yes. The bigger sites go one step further, and just take parts of the full written reviews to use in the video reviews.

I agree it can make things sound monotone, though.

I'm hoping the more I do, the more natural sounding it will become.

If you check the Mortal Kombat review, I actually half chuckle in it at one point. ;)

And, yes, Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls game I have ever played. But, I think it's a good jumping on point for newcomers with the leveling system and such.

Posting from my phone at work. Not sure how bad autocorrect had mangled this.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Hi Uncle Thursday! =) It's nice to meet you. I checked out your reviews- I liked the Skyrim one the best. I am interested in taking part in this project, it sounds like fun! I think my Portal tank top and Lara Croft hotpants would serve well for something like this. XD x

Jessi said:
:crybaby:
I was hoping I'd get paid to play with UncleThursday. Disappoint.

The amount of innuendo in this post is staggering.... :lol:

Alice_93 said:
Hi Uncle Thursday! =) It's nice to meet you. I checked out your reviews- I liked the Skyrim one the best. I am interested in taking part in this project, it sounds like fun! I think my Portal tank top and Lara Croft hotpants would serve well for something like this. XD x

Aperture Science/Portal shirt and Lara Croft hotpants? :eek: :shock: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

CherryJane said:
Count me in if you are still lookin'.

Hmm, getting a few gingers interested. :D

I'm probably going to contact Nerdgasm, first, since she was the first to reply. And see if we can get a 'demo' video of what would be appropriate for everyone else. Kind of like a template. It doesn't have to be followed exactly, but to show what would be good and bad. Then we can get to the real submissions. I'll be contacting everyone else who is interested, within the next few weeks. :)

Nerdgasm, expect a MFC mail fairly shortly so we can coordinate on that. And Luna, for the PC gamer girl thing, I'll get in touch with you, as well. Either through MFC mail or here, so we can see what will work for a PC.

I just freed up 180 GB on my hard drive, as well. So I'm getting ready to ramp up editing, again.

Thanks for all the positive votes for it! If I can edit this correctly, it's going to be awesomesauce when we're done. :p

Reactions: Diana Blake
Looking forward to your message. I'll just remember that my "gaming attire" isn't appropriate. Seriously, I can't be the only one that plays butt naked on a beanbag chair... Right?

NerdgasmGirl said:
Looking forward to your message. I'll just remember that my "gaming attire" isn't appropriate. Seriously, I can't be the only one that plays butt naked on a beanbag chair... Right?

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

So, when do we get to play Rock Band together? :lol:

I'm sending the mail tonight so we can discuss the potential template video. If we don't do a template/demo then I can try to put it in words, but I think a visual aid would be good, as well. Though, worst comes to worst, I can film one myself if you don't want to do the demo/template. :)

I_Am_Iris said:
Let me know about the whole template thing and I'll send you my submission. :D

Guess you liked my Gears 3 review, since you told me last night if I badmouthed it you would hunt me down and slay me. :lol:

RE: computer games...

Any of the computer games I play that aren't mmo's are ones that could be played on another system.

Skyrim, Portal, Halo

:p

I'm thinking of doing two vids for you to pick from: one with the website thing and one with the me playing the game on my computer thing. (I know that looks weird, but I promise I said that right!)

Well, this is going to be expensive for me. But, all will be worth it when the promo is done!

So, here's how it will work. I'm hoping to have my new 360 next weekend. Then I can see how much I have to start sending the tokens to the interested models. I'll be getting at least a few of the early signups all set hopefully when I get my new Xbox. Then For the rest, I will probably just have to wait until I get paid again (2 weeks from next Friday).

With my friend's GF, MissSexyVixen's already submitted video and another model I contacted off here, there's going to be 13 definite hot gamer girls in this promo. The 10 in this thread, plus my friend's GF, plus the other model, and, like I said, I already have MissSexyVixen's video. I'm actually still waiting to hear back from 2 others I contacted about it on MFC itself. :p So maybe 15. More than originally intended... but, fuck it, let's go all the way, right?

But, as I stated, I don't expect any videos from you models until after I have sent you the tokens I promised.

I'm trying to coordinate a time with Nerdgasm to get the template/demo video ready so you can see what's good and bad (our schedules may very well conflict until the weekends). Luna, I'll send you a PM on here by this weekend if you want to do a template/demo one for the PC girls.

The hope is to then get the videos ASAP after the tokens have been sent out so I can edit it all together. I want to put it up either the day before or the same day as my Halo 4 review, which will start season 2. But, don't worry. With my work schedule, it's not like I'm going to beat Halo 4 and do all the multiplayer stuff by the day after its release.

Oh, and my friend will also be in the video at the end. So instead of just the 'hot girls watch, so should you' thing it will go 'hot girls watch' then a record scratch sound, then my friend Bill saying stuff like 'what? 20 years of friendship and I'm not good enough for your stupid promo?' or something along those lines, then him walking off and his GF chasing after him. Then it will go 'hot girls... and Bill... watch.'

If this promo works well, then I'll probably consider doing one for each season, with different hot gamer girls each time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.