AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense Domi Poorly made.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2016
NYC
Hi friends,

I bought a Domi, plus Omni about 18 months ago. I didn't use the Domi, because the pink seemed more popular, but about 8 months ago, I started using for some shows as well. About a month ago, the bottom button broke, so I couldn't slow it down. The next day, the top one broke. Since it was rubbish, I snipped the rubber off to see what was inside. I was shocked at the tiny little plastic fixtures used. The same as would hold together the tiny toys in cracker jacks,. Here is two photos blown up to show you bow fragile it is. I have put a needle beside the one still attached to show you how thin it is. Made to break fast.275283084_708612576824743_6772028365819392540_n.jpg 275512789_339542298130953_6161221509061278232_n.jpg

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Miyamiaw
Wow! Is that the first domi?
I've had my domi 2 for over 2 years and I use it A LOT....mine still works and holds the same charge as it did when I got it.

After working in a sex shop, I was surprised to find even the "luxury" toys are pretty simply made

I've had my original Domi for over 2 years and I use it a truly horrifying amount. Like... way too much. All the time. Seriously, I use it a lot. At this point the battery life isn't what it used to be, but aside from that, I haven't really had any issues. I also have the Domi 2 and while it isn't as strong as the original, I haven't had any issues with it either. The original Domi is my favorite vibrator. I like it even more than my Doxy. I'm surprised yours broke.

I have gone through 2 Domis and 2 Lushes lol i won't buy the Lush ever again. But I do love my domi and it lasted 2 years before I got a new one. It was wonky because I dropped it in the tub and then again on the tile where it cracked. Poor thing held out as long as it could haha

Lovense is great at replacing if it breaks within a year though. I figure after a year if it breaks, it's done its job.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
I've gone through about 4 original domis and maybe 3 of the domi 2s. The original domis had thinner rubber over the buttons and mine did that as well. The domi 2 works fine with buttons but all of a sudden the vibes sound like a jet engine taking off. I just missed the warranty the first time it happened and I have one that I got in Nov of 2021 that I'm in the process of a warranty on. I use mine a ton obviously.

I'm still using my original Domi from 2017 somehow. The buttons have gone a bit wonky, but it still works for now. I seem to have incredible luck with these things, though. I've also never had a webcam stop working, and that goes all the way back to whatever not-technically-a-webcam I was using in the 1990s. Except for Hitachis, no luck with those. I've had the cords fail, fuses in my home blown, bedspreads singed, one of them literally melted. Compared to that, a single Domi has gotten me at least 10x the use, so I won't be very annoyed when it finally breaks down.

My Omni is still going strong. The Domi, as the photos show, has a tiny little piece of plastic connecting it. Everything works perfectly apart from that. So I think you can see that it is not much bigger than a needle.

While they don't look very robust, those types of micro-switches are very common in everyday items such as vehicle remote keys and garage door openers that are designed to get used multiple times each day.

My domi won’t even charge anymore. So sad. I’ve used it like 10 times.

I think Lovense have a reputation for making shitty quality stuff but because they next to own the market, they're not bothered about improving. I'm on my 3rd Lush since I bought my first in June 2021. I only cam part time - average about 10hrs/week and the Lush obvs isn't going off constantly in that time. Apart from one situation where a guy tipped it so much that it went off for about 1.5hours straight then broke instantly, I've not really used and abused them at all. They're just bad quality. In Lovense's defense they've provided me free replacements, but it takes about 2 weeks and a lot of stress and tip-vibe-free cam time which I hate.

I've gone through 2 lush vibrators and now I'm on the fence about buying more lovense products, especially after seeing this thread. Each lush has only lasted me 1 year. The ability to create links for control is always hit or miss too. Is anyone here familiar with Kiiroo?

Reactions: Sashacurves
I've gone through 2 lush vibrators and now I'm on the fence about buying more lovense products, especially after seeing this thread. Each lush has only lasted me 1 year. The ability to create links for control is always hit or miss too. Is anyone here familiar with Kiiroo?
Same, since moving to SM my lush doesnt even connect anyway and I have to manually operate it when someone tips lol so thinking about getting a OhMiBod® Esca2™ Powered by KIIROO.... anyone recommend it over Lush?

Status
Not open for further replies.