AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lying about relationship status

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Which statement (if any) applies to you?

• I'm a model and I lie about my relationship status

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I'm a model and have lied about my relationship status in the past

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I'm a model and am open and honest about my relationship status

Votes: 73 37.1%
  • I'm a model and I don't comment on my relationship status one way or another

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • I'm a member and am just as likely to tip a married model as I am a single model

Votes: 55 27.9%
  • I'm a member and tend to tip single models more than those in a relationship

Votes: 9 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TKLovely said:
yossarian said:
I'm gonna sue Facebook for not being an actual book. And MySpace for not actually being mine. Or in space. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No need. He has been banned.
I'm awaiting the subpoena from him for the banning.

"She advertised this as a friendly place, I was banned, so clearly that was false advertising."

AmberCutie said:
TKLovely said:
yossarian said:
I'm gonna sue Facebook for not being an actual book. And MySpace for not actually being mine. Or in space. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No need. He has been banned.
I'm awaiting the subpoena from him for the banning.

"She advertised this as a friendly place, I was banned, so clearly that was false advertising."

It's in your MFC Mail already, Ambah. He's on point.

LilyEvans said:
When it comes down to it, models don't tell the truth about a lot of things. Many of us lie, either explicitly or by omission-- about our names, our ages, our locations. So why does it matter if a model says she's single?

This summarizes my feelings about this perfectly. Whatever a camgirl says to me, I automatically assume that, at best, only part of that story is going to be true. And as I have no way of knowing which part (if any) that is, I just act like all of it is. Hell, it's become somewhat of an in-joke sometimes. One model whose Amazon wishlist I saw had her name listed as "Smith" (including the quotation marks) so now I have to assume she works for the CIA.

What it comes down to is the fact that the information is very unlikely to actually affect my life*:
- not knowing your actual name doesn't stop me from interacting with you directly. If I use a fake name to refer to someone, they will still know I'm talking to them.
- not knowing your geographic location does not stop me from interacting with you because all of it is done online.
- not knowing your actual age doesn't matter since the only thing that knowing someone's age is ultimately good for is knowing how long they've been alive. And let's face it, I know you're not underage since you're on a camsite that verified your ID.
- not knowing your relationship status doesn't change anything about the interactions we have. On the off chance that we would stand to hook up somehow, I'd expect that information to come up naturally when the time is actually right for it.

Of course I would LIKE to know these things but only out of curiosity, much like I enjoy knowing about people's interests, opinions, etc. I like living in the knowledge that someone whose company I enjoy is able to do what they love where they love with someone they love (or happily single). But just because I would like to know them, doesn't mean I need to, have to or that I feel anyone is obligated to tell me so. Or that my life is somehow worse off for not knowing them.

*unless, of course, you asked me to bake you a birthday cake and send it to you. Then it would probably be useful to know your name, age and address ;)

I know a model who used to talk about her boyfriend on cam and then stopped. She claims she gets more tips this way, but she never actually said she is either single or not. She just no longer talks about it. To me, she is a hot chick whom I get to see naked and watch her fap. Does not matter one bit if she is single or not.

I generally do not care either way, but there is one exception. An MFC model wore her wedding ring on cam (until a few months ago, when she also changed her status to single) and her husband was a member who openly stated she is his wife. He also threatened to shoot anyone who got too close and generally was a douche. I got the ick factor from him and no longer go to his wife's chatroom.

I have also seen members who, when they learn a model is not single, leave and say publicly they are leaving because of this. I think that's silly, but I won't judge them for it. If the fantasy is lost for them and they can no longer enjoy that model, that's their business.

I just assume that every model is lying (or stretching the truth). After all I also lie on MFC all the time. I see no reason to share personal information with a model whom I just met. If we begin talking more and become friends then I tell the truth.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.