AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ManyCam and Mac 2016

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppyBryers

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 18, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hello!

I'm currently having a few issues with manycam broadcasting properly on MFC.
Here's what's I'm working with to help you better help me :)

-I'm current and up to date with my Mac's operating system.
-I have ManyCam Standard purchased and installed on my mac.
-My adobe flash is all up to date
-Ad blocker is off
-Running Google Chrome

Everything works right up to the point I "Preview Cam".

Then, when I go live---My video wont broadcast, but my volume can be heard in the room. Just, no one can see me. I never have this issue when I broadcast with my PC.

[INB4--"Use your PC then". I can. But the reason why I need it to work on my mac is because my mac is smaller, and weighs less when traveling in comparison to my bigass PC]

Any clues, hints, ideas as to what this could be? Anyone else experiencing this wee issue?

It's an ongoing intermittent issue. It seems to be related to MFC's new higher-resolution options. I'm having the same general problem with iGlasses (color-correction / filters / effects virtual camera app) with the new high-res settings, too. Recently I've had to stream straight from my c920, with just the "Webcam Settings" app for slight color correction. :(

Beyond going the Bootcamp route with Windows, I suspect this is just going to be a wait-and-see situation. That said, maybe someone else knows better than I do and can fix us up! I miss streaming with iGlasses + ManyCam.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tilly
I've been using cam twist with MFC and haven't had any issues. I used to use manycam. Try messing around with the streaming options because sometimes if I chose certain MFC attributes for my streaming my screen would go black at the preview cam (and my computer does have the capability to run the HD streams), but if I changed the options, my cam would pop back up. Idk if this made any sense but I hope it did

Try using Firefox? I don't use ManyCam but Chrome often won't broadcast my video on MFC when I'm on my Mac (happens randomly and I have no idea why). I use CamTwist though, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestions @Magnolia and @divine-bella. I've used CamTwist in the past but had massive problems with video/audio sync. Any ideas for getting around that?

P.S. Not OP, just very interested since I've been wrestling with this issue for more than a month.
Hmmmmm... never really had that issue with CamTwist. Are you using it with Chrome? I think most of my lag issues have boiled down to using Chrome. :/

Reactions: Tilly and Lorelei
Hmmmmm... never really had that issue with CamTwist. Are you using it with Chrome? I think most of my lag issues have boiled down to using Chrome. :/

Been using Firefox for the last week on your suggestion and managed to get ManyCam working again but now my Blue Yeti is refusing to cooperate. Ugh. Sometimes I think I should just use Windows for cam-purposes.

Edited to add that I haven't given CamTwist a whirl recently and I probably should try it again!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Magnolia
When I had CamTwist it would crash and I'd have to restart it several times every night I cammed. Highly recommend Windows for camming.

That's not useful if you're already on a Mac and don't want to duel-boot, so here's some actual helpful advice: the app "Webcam Settings" is so amazing. I think it's like 5 bucks. It allows you to manually adjust everything and you can even save presets of your settings. If you don't need to use overlays, I would highly recommend using that instead of ManyCam or CamTwist to adjust your feed. It's the one piece of software I miss from my Mac setup. ^^

Edited: whoops, just realized Lorelei posted about Webcam Settings already! Don't mind me tra-la-la.

Reactions: Lorelei
I second iGlasses foreva. It is the best for color correction.
what cam do you use, out of curiosity? I am using a c920 and I find that it's ALWAYS either too warm or too cool toned. I can't find a happy medium.

Also, kind of on a different note,
I noticed recently when using iglassed and camtwist together, it looks MUCH better than the actual output for the model web broadcaster. There's always a huge color difference for me.
Here's an example:
Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 8.54.47 PM.png
Model web broadcaster is the top (smaller) photo
Camtwist (in conjunction with iglasses) is the larger pic on the bottom..

Reactions: Mila_
I use chrome but I've only had audio syncing issues once, but I refreshed my stream and it fixed it. It hasn't been too much of a common problem for me though.

what cam do you use, out of curiosity? I am using a c920 and I find that it's ALWAYS either too warm or too cool toned. I can't find a happy medium.

Also, kind of on a different note,
I noticed recently when using iglassed and camtwist together, it looks MUCH better than the actual output for the model web broadcaster. There's always a huge color difference for me.
Here's an example:
View attachment 65583
Model web broadcaster is the top (smaller) photo
Camtwist (in conjunction with iglasses) is the larger pic on the bottom..

I've always used a C-920 but I bought my newest one here in Japan and the image quality/colors are better. I don't know if they did an upgrade on the model in general as someone else pointed out the same thing in DMP, or if it is because the japanese version is different. Logitech is called Logicool here in Japan and the webcam that normally is called C-920e it is called C-920r. Either way here is my long winded post about color correction (god sometimes I wish I didnt have so many opinions on everything)

I don't know if anyone else figured it out but I don't have drivers for C-920 on Mac, I've never found a way to use Logitech's software. So I cannot use the default color correction software or anything else. Logitech webcams will do a general adjustment whenever you turn them on. They analyze the color/light conditions of the scene and adjust exposure and white balance to it. If you have access to the software you can tweak it. But since I don't whatever I do with iGlasses goes on top of the first adjustment that the Logitech does and if I turned it on with the wrong conditions sometimes I will have to reboot my computer so that the Logitech does the adjustment again. I hope you guys are following me so far.

For example if I start camming at 2 pm in front of a huge window the C-920 will do an assessment, find that there is too much light on the scene, and kill the exposure. What happens at 6 pm after the sun sets? The room is impossibly dark and no matter how much I try to fix it with iGlasses the exposure never gets fixed because the cam's settings override iGlasses. I would have to reboot the computer and start the webcam again for it to pick up the new light conditions and fix the exposure.

This thing is also very sensitive, so... if you wear black clothing for example it will fuck up your first reading and your cam will do weird shit to compensate what the webcam considers is too much contrast. Same with a white tee. So I keep a gray tee in my desk, wear it to turn on my webcam, and once it has done the assessment I take it off.

The second problem with the C-920 is saturation. It is too low. Colors are always muted and that makes my skin look lifeless regardless of lighting or any other variables in place. So the first thing I do is adjust saturation and I will always do this no matter what the light conditions are. When I cam during the day I will need less saturation than when I cam at night.

The next thing I do is turn down my screen's back light to the minimum, only leaving enough light for me to read the screen. I do this because the blue light from the computer bounces on my face and it looks ugly. It also gives you shitty shadows. Once I turn it down I take a screencap as a test to see what it is my audience will be seeing with their screens lit up all the way. I keep doing that while I adjust the colors, I often look for really warm color palette, and I don't mind that the colors aren't realistic as long as they look nice. Excuse my bitch faces, I don't care to pose when I am doing light/color tests.

This is before tweaking saturation and after:

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.46.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.45.33 PM.png

This is with the screen light all the way up and then when I turned it down:

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 11.50.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 11.49.52 PM.png

This is the kind of mood I am to create with colors and light. My room is usually very dark on purpose, but as you can see there are no unflattering shadows and the image is pleasing to the eye without revealing too much:

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 11.22.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 1.12.04 AM.png

For those who have never tried iGlasses this is what the interfacelooks like:

iglasses.jpg

When adjusting colors on iGlasses, I often tweak temperature towards yellow and tint towards magenta, but I feel it is a matter of taste. I like those settings because my skin tone is warm. If I had a cool skin tone I would probably tweak towards blue.

I guess tweaking towards blue would be more than just a matter of taste if you use your home's ceiling lights to cam with which in 90% of the cases have an ugly yellow color. I have like 10 Phillips Hue bulbs that I carry everywhere with me so the lights that I cam with are never yellow. iGlasses is a second layer of color tweaking for me.

In my opinion the most important setting is the contrast/gamma if you are a brunette. It let's you turn all blacks into shades of gray which is useful to create more nuance to your video, to remove face wrinkles or cellulite. It does give your video feed a more "washed out" appearance, but I like it because it has an instagram filter feel to it. Here is a comparison before and after tweaking gamma:

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.43.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.45.33 PM.png

Finally I will always fuck the sharpness setting on purpose. I make it 6 points blurry because I hate a super sharp image that will make every pore on your nose stand out. This is especially bad when you cam on Chaturbate at their super HD settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.