AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ManyVids Chargebacks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GothHostess

Cam Model
Aug 12, 2019
Slytherin Common Room
Twitter Username
@ItsGothHostess
Does MV not cover chargebacks? I had an adjustment to my account of -$39.99, which is the same price as one of my all video deals, so I'm assuming it was that. It's not the biggest deal ever, but I'm just confused because I've been on there since 2019 and I've never had an adjustment like this.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Does MV not cover chargebacks? I had an adjustment to my account of -$39.99, which is the same price as one of my all video deals, so I'm assuming it was that. It's not the biggest deal ever, but I'm just confused because I've been on there since 2019 and I've never had an adjustment like this.
I thought that they covered chargebacks. I've been there since 2015 and never had a chargeback or a refund (other than customs I changed my mind on, and asked support to refund.) I would message and ask for details about that, that seems weird.

One time one support agent (a new guy) tried to say he was giving a refund on a $5 clip. It was for a stupid reason, and I told him No, and that MV has never done refunds. So he argued and said he was going to refund, back and forth, but never actually did it. I could have sworn they didn't do refunds and covered chargebacks.

Yeah, that's what I thought too!! People always talk about sites that don't cover chargebacks, and I feel like I've never heard of MV being one of those sites. I'm gonna contact that, I'll post what they say!

Reactions: MarieElise
Update: I talked to support, and it was because a guy bought my all video deal which is in my items section, but i never sent him the videos. Which I spaced out and didn't, so that is valid, haha. I was under the impression when I had set up the deal in my items rather than my store page, the videos went through automatically. But I guess maybe I was sending them manually before, I haven't been that active on ManyVids lately so whatever, brain fart.

Also shout out to ManyVids for closing the chat as soon as they told me this, before I could clarify anything about how the vids are sent. Thanks guys :haha:

Update: I talked to support, and it was because a guy bought my all video deal which is in my items section, but i never sent him the videos. Which I spaced out and didn't, so that is valid, haha. I was under the impression when I had set up the deal in my items rather than my store page, the videos went through automatically. But I guess maybe I was sending them manually before, I haven't been that active on ManyVids lately so whatever, brain fart.

Also shout out to ManyVids for closing the chat as soon as they told me this, before I could clarify anything about how the vids are sent. Thanks guys :haha:
Has MV still not made an easy way to send out video bundles? Holy shit. Share is so much better at that (and most things).

HAHA yup, somehow a site that exists *purely* to sling videos does not have a way for you to sell more than one video at a time without doing it manually. It's unfortunate, because a few of my top sellers are bundles, and it would be so nice (for us and for the custies) if they would just go through automatically!!

HAHA yup, somehow a site that exists *purely* to sling videos does not have a way for you to sell more than one video at a time without doing it manually. It's unfortunate, because a few of my top sellers are bundles, and it would be so nice (for us and for the custies) if they would just go through automatically!!
Here's their biggest problem at MV: they were originally designed to be a video sales site. It was actually an AMAZING service when it came out. BUT, instead of improving upon that core service and fixing/adding features to make posting/selling and buying content easier, they added other aspects of the site. MV Live, MV Social, MV Tube... absolute garbage. If only they had taken their resources spent on all of that bullshit, and improved the part of the site that MADE it, they'd be killing it way more than they are now.

YES. For real! I think they just keep seeing other sites make the big bucks with their methods, and try to jump on the bandwagon, not realizing that their customers are there for a very specific reason. Oh ManyVids, you could be so great if you just learned to love yourself for who you truly are.
Here's their biggest problem at MV: they were originally designed to be a video sales site. It was actually an AMAZING service when it came out. BUT, instead of improving upon that core service and fixing/adding features to make posting/selling and buying content easier, they added other aspects of the site. MV Live, MV Social, MV Tube... absolute garbage. If only they had taken their resources spent on all of that bullshit, and improved the part of the site that MADE it, they'd be killing it way more than they are now.

I have a question. When models have things on their menu like "Buy me a cup of coffee...buy me a massage...etc.." with dollar or token amounts beside it, are they factoring into that that they're receiving 60% of those tips?

So for example, if a cup of coffee is $3, are they actually putting $3 in the tip menu...or are they putting $5 (since they'd be getting 60% of that)?

I have a question. When models have things on their menu like "Buy me a cup of coffee...buy me a massage...etc.." with dollar or token amounts beside it, are they factoring into that that they're receiving 60% of those tips?

So for example, if a cup of coffee is $3, are they actually putting $3 in the tip menu...or are they putting $5 (since they'd be getting 60% of that)?
I just checked my store, I never figured them in, but I should have... so I am taking them down, and reposting them.

It should be $5 for a cup of coffee. So whatever the actual cost is, plus the site's cut added in on top. Not only the $3. So actual cost multiplied by 1.4 or whatever, right?

• Helpful!
I just checked my store, I never figured them in, but I should have... so I am taking them down, and reposting them.

It should be $5 for a cup of coffee. So whatever the actual cost is, plus the site's cut added in on top. Not only the $3. So actual cost multiplied by 1.4 or whatever, right?

Okay, thank you! Since I get Boleyn Models daily pay, instead of the usual 60% it's like 55% for me.

If I wanted to post, say, a large raspberry tea from Dunkin' ($2.29), I believe I'd have to put $4.20 or 42 tokens in order for me to get $2.31 in my pocket.
If I wanted to post a dozen male crabs ($40), I'd have to price it at $72.80 or 728 tokens so that I get $40.04 in my pocket. LOL.

One model has "Buy me afternoon tea" priced at $24.99. So she'd be getting around $14.99 in her pocket (if she's not with BM daily pay).

• Helpful!

This is so cool! I just used the "Spoil Me" category to list things like 'Treat me to a month of Hulu/Buy me raspberry tea/Buy me crabs/Treat me to food delivery." Eventually I'd like to use the Fund Me feature to help with college costs for my son, but I'd have to think long and hard about what amount to put for that, and what to offer as incentives.

• Helpful!
This is so cool! I just used the "Spoil Me" category to list things like 'Treat me to a month of Hulu/Buy me raspberry tea/Buy me crabs/Treat me to food delivery." Eventually I'd like to use the Fund Me feature to help with college costs for my son, but I'd have to think long and hard about what amount to put for that, and what to offer as incentives.
Cheers, I didn't even know there was a "Spoil Me" category :) I like the sound of that :party: :party: 🎈 🎈

ETA; That makes sense to use an extra % if you use Boleyn. I like the service they offer, I want to use them too, but I think I would have to change my name on SM for that. Idk if that would be a good idea. It would definitely be SO convenient to have all my earnings paid out by the same company though instead of like 6 different ones. It would make things way easier for applying for rentals, showing proof of income etc., plus it would be so motivating to get daily pay. It's a cool service they offer, at a really reasonable rate.

Cheers, I didn't even know there was a "Spoil Me" category :) I like the sound of that :party: :party: 🎈 🎈

ETA; That makes sense to use an extra % if you use Boleyn. I like the service they offer, I want to use them too, but I think I would have to change my name on SM for that. Idk if that would be a good idea. It would definitely be SO convenient to have all my earnings paid out by the same company though instead of like 6 different ones. It would make things way easier for applying for rentals, showing proof of income etc., plus it would be so motivating to get daily pay. It's a cool service they offer, at a really reasonable rate.

When you go to your model profile to "create a store item" and you upload a picture...when you go to the next page it asks for the name of your item. Underneath that it says "Select a category." The categories are "Panties, bras, photo set, pay my bills, spoil me, etc." That's what I'm referring to.

• Helpful!
When you go to your model profile to "create a store item" and you upload a picture...when you go to the next page it asks for the name of your item. Underneath that it says "Select a category." The categories are "Panties, bras, photo set, pay my bills, spoil me, etc." That's what I'm referring to.
Thank you, I don't think I had any of my "spoil me" items listed correctly. Oh well, you live you learn. I appreciate it :)

ETA; Now I'm preggo I'm adding jars of pickles. I know its such a preggo stereotype, but seriously I'm going through a giant jar every 3 days. Lol... spoil me with pickles... pleaaaaaase :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.