AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Moving Away from Manyvids

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2023
Czech Republic
I have been on Manyvids since 2016 and I am just shy of the top 1% of the MV Girls. Over the last 24 months i have just got a bit tired of how they operate. The cam system is the most unstable of all the ones i use. But this didnt matter because i was only on to make sure people were visiting the clip store anyway, i sued to promote my clip store using chaturbate but since manyvids launched cams i cant do that anymore. My store sales did take a hit. I still get a payout every two weeks its not like it has dropped significantly. But with no watermarks allowed in the live streams, my streams are regularly stolen and hard to find. On chaturbate and Cambunny i have links that show who i am so when content is stolen people can say "I found your content" and i even offer rewards for locating it. Not having watermarks hurts this.

My preference for a watermark is something like linktree or allmylinks simply because twitters get closed, fakebooks, instagrams, personal domains change, but i can update my link tree on a whim. I have tolerated stolen shows. Frequently people will take out membership on my manyvids, transcode it to remove their content fingerprint and upload it on mass, all my videos stolen in a single swoop. But someone always finds it and less me know vis the watermark links. Some of my content is direct cuts from chaturbate shows, which will include slideshows. All this has done wonders to protect me. Using googles images reverse lookup i can use the image of a slide to search the net for thumbnails containing the slides and quickly issue DMCA takedowns.

Today ManyVids contacted ,me and told me my 700 videos? Violate their watermark policy "designed to protect users" which of course its not. These are not clickable links, users who chose to manually type in URLs are making a choice, and the policy applies specifically to systems that can be used to compete with them. Its a matter of greed, they are concerned about cross sales, I'm concerned about theft. So after years of working with them i am looking to sever ties. These are all my current market places. I stopped uploading to MyDirty Hobby Years ago because of the watermark policy, these sites all have their own advantages and disadvantages, but i liked the Vibe? Of manyvids years ago, which is how they became my prime? The question is, does anyone know of anything that is comparable to pre COVID manyvids?
  • Extra Lunch Money:
  • ManyVids:
  • YezzClips
  • iWantClips
  • Clips4Sale
  • MyFreeShare
  • MyDirtyHobby
  • ApClips
  • Personal Crypto Store

i also use the following fanclubs (some of which are also camsites and clipstores)
    • CamBunny
    • OnlyFans
    • OnlyCoins
    • FanCentro
    • Just4Fans
    • iFans
    • Fansly
    • Admireme
    • PocketStars
    • Top4Fans

But again just cant find the right... vibe? Anyone out there found a decent MV Like experience? I will likely complete my exodus in the next 30 days and would love an alternative.

I have been on Manyvids since 2016 and I am just shy of the top 1% of the MV Girls. Over the last 24 months i have just got a bit tired of how they operate. The cam system is the most unstable of all the ones i use. But this didnt matter because i was only on to make sure people were visiting the clip store anyway, i sued to promote my clip store using chaturbate but since manyvids launched cams i cant do that anymore. My store sales did take a hit. I still get a payout every two weeks its not like it has dropped significantly. But with no watermarks allowed in the live streams, my streams are regularly stolen and hard to find. On chaturbate and Cambunny i have links that show who i am so when content is stolen people can say "I found your content" and i even offer rewards for locating it. Not having watermarks hurts this.

My preference for a watermark is something like linktree or allmylinks simply because twitters get closed, fakebooks, instagrams, personal domains change, but i can update my link tree on a whim. I have tolerated stolen shows. Frequently people will take out membership on my manyvids, transcode it to remove their content fingerprint and upload it on mass, all my videos stolen in a single swoop. But someone always finds it and less me know vis the watermark links. Some of my content is direct cuts from chaturbate shows, which will include slideshows. All this has done wonders to protect me. Using googles images reverse lookup i can use the image of a slide to search the net for thumbnails containing the slides and quickly issue DMCA takedowns.

Today ManyVids contacted ,me and told me my 700 videos? Violate their watermark policy "designed to protect users" which of course its not. These are not clickable links, users who chose to manually type in URLs are making a choice, and the policy applies specifically to systems that can be used to compete with them. Its a matter of greed, they are concerned about cross sales, I'm concerned about theft. So after years of working with them i am looking to sever ties. These are all my current market places. I stopped uploading to MyDirty Hobby Years ago because of the watermark policy, these sites all have their own advantages and disadvantages, but i liked the Vibe? Of manyvids years ago, which is how they became my prime? The question is, does anyone know of anything that is comparable to pre COVID manyvids?
  • Extra Lunch Money:
  • ManyVids:
  • YezzClips
  • iWantClips
  • Clips4Sale
  • MyFreeShare
  • MyDirtyHobby
  • ApClips
  • Personal Crypto Store

i also use the following fanclubs (some of which are also camsites and clipstores)
    • CamBunny
    • OnlyFans
    • OnlyCoins
    • FanCentro
    • Just4Fans
    • iFans
    • Fansly
    • Admireme
    • PocketStars
    • Top4Fans

But again just cant find the right... vibe? Anyone out there found a decent MV Like experience? I will likely complete my exodus in the next 30 days and would love an alternative.
Interesting - I remember the whole watermark debacle. They told us that videos that were uploaded prior to the policy change were not going to get in trouble and then after a month or so they told us personal website links were ok too.

I’m Curious what your watermarks look like? I use my site on all mine.

As far as clip sites - there’s nothing really quite in the same vibe as mv right now. You posted most of the options I’m aware of.

Check out Loyal Fans they are set up as a fan site but the video store there also gets traffic.

Beyond that C4s might be your best bet.. they just did a site update now we have banners and avatars etc it looks a bit more like mv.

Cam4? I'm on there. I uploaded videos from 2019 which I believe have allmylinks watermarks. The stuff i have shot since 2020 has my personal domain on it. But I have about 2000 hours of video that I have shot over the course of my career that I'm slowly uploading. Somewhat out of order.

They sent me the new watermark policy that suggests I can use my own domain but not a linktree system and they are just not valuable enough to make the request. What I earn on manyvids a month I make on cams in 3 hours. I don't want to lose them but I'm not recording 2000 hours of video for them.

I did however tell them if they told me the videos that were violating the policy that were uploaded after the new policy enforcement date I would just delete them and leave the store at that point.

Visually the watermark depends on the date. Some of them are just plain text. Others are text in a box. Some have twitter handles. Others do not. As I say years of work and it's just not worth me going through it all for them.

N.b. thank you for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.