AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Maybe I'm not taking this seriously

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd_nips

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 2, 2015
Manchester
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@Nerd_Nips
MFC Username
Nerd_nips
My sister recently joined MFC after I'd been on for about a month. No incest or anything. She lives in a different county to me. She's independent. I gave her some hints and tips on what to do and she's now running off her own steam, however she's struggling. She puts in so much effort and time coming up with entertainment and pleasing ways to keep guys interested, but still she feels she's falling short. She's on 9am -4pm everyday but weekends and she's a semi non-nude model.
Me on the other hand, I'm naturally an exhibitionist and love getting off in public. Consequently I come online mainly Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, and stay pretty naked throughout most of my show. I always have a laugh and generally dick around having fun playing games, running quizzes and talking to my chatroom friends. Comparatively to my sister, I don't think I'm taking it as seriously as she is. But yet, it seems to be working for me. I've made a lot of cam friends and I've made some amazing memories with them to the point I actually look forward to camming just to have fun with them again. I'm now some what worried I'm living in a bubble and my sister is in reality. A reality that I'm going to have to face soon.

If you could take a look at me and my sisters profile or even pop into our rooms at some point, could you give me an idea of where she's going wrong and If I should be chaning anything I'm doing?

I'm Nerd_nips and my sister is Riaevangeline

Many thanks in advance all.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
First thing I noticed was "Wow her name is super long, and I'd never remember it." She doesn't have to change it, but it might make some have a hard to finding her again.

You're profile looked fine to me, but I'd make some of the graphics smaller. Her's on the other hand need enlarged...had to squint haha.

Also if you could include what things you think are the specific qualities that make her "more serious" at her work. That might help.

I'm just a member, so take this for what its worth....

I don't think I've seen you or your sister on, but going solely by the profile I'm more apt to visit your room. Her profile is too text heavy, too squished (as Ann_Sulu said), no pictures of her aside from one small thumbnail, and it doesn't appear to be the most flattering pic.

This is going to sound harsh, and this is just the first impression, it almost looks like a 'generic brand' aka the Best Choice of profiles.

Your profile looks fun, and I'd love to see you online sometime...your sister's looks TOO serious.

This has nothing to do with you as people, just the advertising. Also, I would think while building an audience you would need to be on more than once a week.

Im just a member but here are the first things i thought of. It could be any one of them or a combination of some or maybe none of them.

Firstly you are on weekend evenings which are probably better times to be online than normal weekday working hours as a lot of members are probably at work.

You mention she is kind of serious and you are more free spirited and fun, if thats true then that would make me spend a lot of time in your room and less in hers, and if you are genuinely enjoying and she isnt then it will probably show through.

If you're naked a lot and she is semi non nude then its quite likely a lot of people will come in just from the preview pic, Ive been in enough rooms to see that once a topless or naked countdown is completed suddenly the room count jumps way up. Boobs can bring in members like moths to a flame, whether they're the kind of members you actually want who are going to stick around and tip is another question for another time.

On her profile the graphics are too small and there is too much text, they need to be bigger, but my main problem is that there are no photos of her. Her profile pic doesnt have her face in it and looks like it could be a random stock photo of anyone in a wet Tshirt and there are no photos of her anywhere else on the profile either. Even after following the link to her twitter it looks like another generic photo and I still have no idea what she looks like. Maybe thats a conscious decision that she doesnt want her face to be seen out on the internet but if she does that on cam too I wouldn't stay for more then about 20 seconds and her profile wouldnt make me want to visit either.

Anyway I added you both to my friend list so next time I see either of you online I'll be sure to stop by say hi

Hi Nerd_nips I got a bit carried away typing here, sorry for the verbal diarrhoea, some of this might sound harsh but it's just my opinion of what I saw at the time and how I felt.

I caught a bit of one of your shows a week or so back, I couldn't stick around at for long at the time but it was enough that I added you to my friends and twitter with the real intention of coming to see you properly some time, even hoping I could steal you away for some one on one time. The point is that you made an impression.

A few days later I saw the tweet you posted to go check out your sister. I did for a bit, same again, I didn't have time to stay long but I can't remember anything about the visit off the top of my head which tells me that she didn't make any impression. Now maybe that's a little unfair since she was very new and just finding her feet or maybe she just wasn't what I was looking for.

You clearly have a stage presence and play on your love of gaming and all thinks geeky, which is going to play well with a large section of the audience.

As for your profiles, yours is very clearly laid out and uses colour and sections far better. As Ann_Sulu said your graphics might be a little on the large side but I don't have a problem with that personally and on a high res screen that's probably about the right size anyway. The size of your text also helps in that it's a lot bigger and easier to ready. Your sister’s profile feels kind of messy and is slightly hard to read.

You didn't say which country she's in but I know from conversations with models in the UK that trying to go from nights to days was really hard. UK day time probably doesn't have as much traffic around and while not impossible to run a successful show in this time, it does mean you have to on top form and get a bit of luck to compete for the lower levels of traffic.

My name on MFC is Robot_Biscuit, now anyone who knows anything about Biscuits will know I have no problem with non-nude. Just getting that in before I talk about the next thing.

You said she was semi non-nude, now there was a thread on here recently about non-nude and what it meant to various people, I have to admit it was very interesting although it did make my head hurt a little. Part of it was about the struggle some models have with having to state every single time what they do and don't do.

Now what your sister does in terms of nude/non-nude is up to her but I'm left a little confused when I see topless, pants off, see back pussy on her tip menu on her profile. The one thing you don't want to do to members is make them doubt they you'll follow through on what you say you will do. Admittedly the doubt has only come from the statement you made about her here but it makes me wonder what she is saying.

High camscores are seen as a safe bet in getting what you tip for, yes that's unfair on those who are down there through no fault of their own but a member is going to think twice about tipping if they think you might not deliver. Which means having a consistent and clear message as to what you're about and do is very important, more so the lower your camscore goes.

You and your sister both offer Skype, now I'm pretty sure I have a good idea what we'd get up to based on what I've seen of you and what's on your profile but what would happen with your sister I'm not so sure.

I don't know what your currently levels of traffic are in your room or how easy you are hitting your goals. You have a camscore around 2200, if you are hitting your cumshow goals with ease you might want to think about upping the topic goal for them a little if your room can support that. At the other end your sister might need to consider lowering her goals, with her camscore as it is she's in a tough but not unrecoverable spot.

If she has only 10 premiums, only one of those probably has tokens and if she is setting a 2000-3000 goal for something then the single premium with tokens is never going to tip if he thinks it's never going to get hit as he'd have to cover it on his own.

Skype shows for tokens if she wants to push that route can do wonders for a camscore in this spot as you get the tokens but not the time on MFC so they increase camscore, of course she will get a lot of guys looking for Skype on the cheap but will just have

I pulled the topics from mycamgirl for a compare.

Nerd_nips
FUCK ME FRIDAY!! Geek quiz 10tkn tip for answer, most correct answers wins we-vibe control. Naked cum show target 3000. 537 tkn till shw

Riaevangeline
Heyy! ASS SPANK 30/TITTIE SPANK 90/PANTY PUSSY TEASE 120/PUSSY SPANK 140/FLASH 75/TOPLESS DANCE 400/SEE BACK PUSSY 475/BE MY FRIEND & PM 200

Yours has a target to aim for and something to do along the way, hers repeats her tip menu. While I think it's beneficial to sometimes have things from a tip menu on a topic, just repeating it in full doesn't seem helpful.

She is also lacking a goal to aim for. If she prefers to do things in private then its worth putting that she's available for privates in the topic.

Name of 'RiaEvangeline' is not good: It's not easy to remember and my first impression suggested it was eastern European which is not a good thing because speaking broken English is not worth my time. Would go with something memorable such as Ria_xo, Ria or after reading profile Ria_explorer. Ria_explorer sounds English, stands out as unusual and therefore memorable; has double meaning - explore sexuality + explore world; will be a source of curiosity and people will ask her about it in her room, the exploring/travelling things will give some members a purpose to support her. Plus it might be a source of her personal motivation?!

Avatar: I seem to recall advice for an MFC avatar for new models is: a high quality, vibrant face photo. The current avatar lacks both a face and vibrancy, also the face suggests she is hiding herself, not helpful in my view espeically if she is a sign of her attitude to camming. If she doesn't want to be seen, then she isn't going to attract people to see her.

Profile: I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people don't check a profile before visiting a room, so really the profile does NOT matter initially. With that said the layout of the profile is horrid and here is why
-The multi-column layout is very awkward and to difficult to follow and read.
-The top area is all black and white - hence boring and no background colour either.
-The first image says "I'm new to MFC and the cammng world". If I hadn't exited before, the spelling mistake in the first sentence would cause me to exit. It says this person is not English. Or worse, doesn't care (in a negative way), why would a member financially support a model like that?
-No picture of Ria's face is to found anywhere on the profile, nor on twitter. It's rather off putting.

Model tags: Models tags are used to find people, not a lot but enough that it's worth the time to create some decent tags. Currently Ria's tags are mostly a bit generic, which makes me ask does this model have any personality? Compare this to targeted words used by nerd_nips "Gamer, Geek, Geeky, Nerd, Nerdy, Cosplay, Roleplay, Petplay," After reading Ria's profile and the post here I suggest adding: "explorer, singer, hippy, naturalist, smiling, laughter, joke around, double jointed, semi non-nude"

The last three paragraphs in the about me shows Ria does have a personality and in fact, seems oh so endearing!! Pity her name, avatar and profile layout doesn't say the same thing!

Comparing the profiles http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Nerd_nips to http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Riaevangeline it's like two different worlds.

Last edited:
To add to last post about name change, it would be an easy mistake for a newish model to login to MFC and change name and miss the opportunity of involving her regulars while making tokens from a name change.

Would suggest hustle something like this:
Ask for suggestions for a name from regulars, i.e tip 44 to suggest a new name. Plant ideas to room about name options you would like. Let this run even after you log out of MFC, i.e. let people know they can tip offline to suggest a name. Plus this makes good conversation on twitter.
Have room competition amoung suggested names that you would like. i.e tip 29 name1, tip 30 name2. Remind members to add you as a friend so they can easily find you after impending name change. Run this for a few days, allow offline tips.

Doing a hustle like this willl not only gain tokens but notify regulars in advance of a pending name change, plus get members wanting to come back to see how the competion is going.

You may want to look at your skype prices as they look like random numbers you made up.

10 mins - 850 tokens = 85 tokens / minute
30 mins - 4200 tokens = 140 tokens / minute
1 hour - 6100 tokens = 101.6 tokens / minute

I can't recall seeing a token per minute nearly doubling from 10 to 30 minutes, there may well be, but I certainly haven't seen it, what really threw me was it then decreased after. It also makes flexibility hard, what if a guy only wants 15 minutes? If you haven't had it already it's only a matter of time before some guys asks for 6 consecutive back to back 10 min sessions.

I can understand the increased costs if you don't enjoy longer shows. In the same vein at the opposite end it's not uncommon to reward longer show lengths with slight lower Token/Min to encourage those.

You may want to look at your skype prices as they look like random numbers you made up.

10 mins - 850 tokens = 85 tokens / minute
30 mins - 4200 tokens = 140 tokens / minute
1 hour - 6100 tokens = 101.6 tokens / minute

I can't recall seeing a token per minute nearly doubling from 10 to 30 minutes, there may well be, but I certainly haven't seen it, what really threw me was it then decreased after. It also makes flexibility hard, what if a guy only wants 15 minutes? If you haven't had it already it's only a matter of time before some guys asks for 6 consecutive back to back 10 min sessions.

I can understand the increased costs if you don't enjoy longer shows. In the same vein at the opposite end it's not uncommon to reward longer show lengths with slight lower Token/Min to encourage those.

The irony is I've never done a Skype show for MFC lol I should defit alter it though. Thanks :D

The irony is I've never done a Skype show for MFC lol I should defit alter it though. Thanks :D
Most guys looking for skype are looking for a cheap show but there are some genuine guys out there who just want a better quality picture than MFC has to offer, they may well have been put off by the inconsistency in prices.

Most guys looking for skype are looking for a cheap show but there are some genuine guys out there who just want a better quality picture than MFC has to offer, they may well have been put off by the inconsistency in prices.

Very likely, that and whenever I'm online I'm already so deep into whatever show in doing, that I rarely have the opportunity to Skype

Hey! Just to clarify, I am a nude model, I've always been a nude model & I do all the things most nude models do. Thanks for the general points & advice though, i'll be sure to take everything into consideration when I'm settled.

It's nice to see you here, I'm glad we cleared that up. I'm sure you'll turn your camscore around. In fact I left a little present in your mfc mail to help a little.

It's nice to see you here, I'm glad we cleared that up. I'm sure you'll turn your camscore around. In fact I left a little present in your mfc mail to help a little.

Awwwwww I'm so glad you are being so helpful and nice to my sis :) I told her she'll make a lot of friends on here .

Yeh, just a misunderstanding on my sisters part lol. Yes! I've just seen my MFC mail now, thank you! That's really sweet of you! Are you following me on Twitter as I'm sure I've spoken to you via Twitter, I know we've definitely spoken in my chat once. Thanks for the offline love! You should defo pop in another time and come and get to know me yourself rather than what you read on here/see on my very basic, new profile lol :) It's still very early days and I'm still finding my feet with everything but i'm looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

Reactions: Sundae
@RiaEvangeline,

Do you have an internet problem? On the mobile site (m.myfreecams.com) you show up as having no mobile feed.
Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 14.57.25.png

From http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/MyFreeCams_Mobile#Mobile_Feeds
Models without a Mobile Feed
Models that are broadcasting in the older standard video setting (not "HD") will not have a mobile feed.

The feed will be a slow slideshow of images, refreshing once every 30 seconds or so, with no audio.

If you have good internet make the MFC setting shown here. Otherwise check out the useful wifi/intenet stuff in this thread.

Yeh my internet is shit & I've can't really do anything about it. I live in an apartment block & I'm receiving the highest internet rate I can for the area. I've inquired about this issue lots of times before and done plenty of research/problem solving regarding the issue as it sometimes effects my other job (I run my own business). But thankfully I don't seem to have any issues with reliability and connection when I'm live broadcasting in standard, which I'm constantly checking and asking about & everyone says they're happy with it, the problems only really start when I switch to HD, but I can't do anything about it.

@RiaEvangeline,

Do you have an internet problem? On the mobile site (m.myfreecams.com) you show up as having no mobile feed.
View attachment 59025

From http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/MyFreeCams_Mobile#Mobile_Feeds

If you have good internet make the MFC setting shown here. Otherwise check out the useful wifi/intenet stuff in this thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Puffin
Profile lacks pictures of herself, I don't mean free nudes, I mean just a portrait to see what she looks like beside the tiny avatar.

Yeh my internet is shit & I've can't really do anything about it. I live in an apartment block & I'm receiving the highest internet rate I can for the area. I've inquired about this issue lots of times before and done plenty of research/problem solving regarding the issue as it sometimes effects my other job (I run my own business). But thankfully I don't seem to have any issues with reliability and connection when I'm live broadcasting in standard, which I'm constantly checking and asking about & everyone says they're happy with it, the problems only really start when I switch to HD, but I can't do anything about it.

WHen i was living in a residential area with SHIT internet I was able to purchase a business account which came with FAR better connectivity (and way better support when we had outages or speed issues)

Im not sure what situation you're in but if this is not an option you've already looked into I suggest it. it was a little more expensive and locked me into a contract for 3 years.. but at the time it was the only way to make camming work for me.

Reactions: ArtsyAmelia
I am not the person to give an advice as i am in same situation, i just wanted to say i checked both profiles and i like that u both put some time on it and don't just go online without anything going on, still i don't know why isn't working so great. I may also need an advice about what i am doing wrong...i try to come up with new things and i really enjoy my room and my regulars, i have fun while i am online but i still find it very hard to make a countdown, plus i feel is very hard to attract new members and make them join the conversation. I never get naked in public room and i wonder if that is the major problem and that how long i would not get naked in public i'm not gonna make good money? I try make my room entertaining by doing other things like dancing, wet shirt, body lotion in lingerie, candle light dances and any other ideas i have that doesn't involve public nudity. Any advice is very welcome! My mfc mail is Faylinn! Wish u best of luck to both of u!

Status
Not open for further replies.