AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members who have secondary accounts: why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45270
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 45270

(to be clear, this isn't directed at models, just viewers)

I see some members here + elsewhere talking about having second accounts. I can't deny that it always sounded fishy to me, but it's probably because the posters who talk about having a secondary account do so in the context of checking if they're banned from a model's room or something along those lines.
The only possibly good thing I can see about a secondary account is for budgeting purposes. Other than that, I'm pretty stumped.

What are your (good, bad, or both!) reasons for having secondary accounts?

I remember this came up a while back in another discussion.
I think some do it to avoid a model becoming aware they have been visiting other models, especially on sites where they can be seen as online no matter what room they're in. I'm generally on CB, where you 'd have to be in the same room to recognise someone's there too (but it does happen).
Also as you suggested, some users share/transfer tokens between accounts to help keep to budget limits.

And yes there will be some who do it for shadier reasons, like getting around bans.

1 reason is what is mentioned above. Too many models can become weirdly jealous and possessive and create problems, and with it being difficult to find other models you really like and enjoy, you try to avoid these problems because you don't want to try and have to find that rapport you may have with this model who gets jealous etc.

Secondly, and I have mentioned before it's for the budget thing (also as you mentioned), when the tokens are "out of sight" they are "out of mind" otherwise I personally have a tendency to blow them all in the space of half an hour and then I go weeks or a month without being able to buy more.

A third reason is just to "check out" other models and see how they are and you can get a feel for them and their room without them seeing you as a spender/coloured name. Too many times users can be trying to read a model's profile to learn more about her and receive PMs or public messages getting angry at you for being there for a few minutes and not talking or tipping.

And finally, for me, I have tried to create a new name literally for the sake of having a new name. I want a new name because I am bored of my current name or don't like it, so try to get away from it. So with this, I start to talk/tip other models, but then models I have already known for a while on my old/original account prefer me to go back to my other account as they recognise the name easier... So then because of that, I have different models who know me by different names (although the ones I original knew both know names). It just becomes annoying to try to explain to all models "oh hey I tried changing my name but went back to my original, this is me, you know me by XX name"..

I created a second username to stir up the other knights in the room of my Model friend. (The Aussie "shit-stirring" side of me)

Some time ago apparently some of them expressed some jealousy regarding me and her attitude towards me. Which amused me because at the time I felt she was ignoring *me*! :rofl: ( I think subconsciously she may have been, in order to "prove" to the others that there was no favouritism).

So I chose the username "Modelname's favourite knight" in Spanish. I doubt it actually upset anyone, but it amused me and also my friend when I used it to visit her.

I am easily amused, obviously!

I created a second username to stir up the other knights in the room of my Model friend. (The Aussie "shit-stirring" side of me)

Some time ago apparently some of them expressed some jealousy regarding me and her attitude towards me. Which amused me because at the time I felt she was ignoring *me*! :rofl: ( I think subconsciously she may have been, in order to "prove" to the others that there was no favouritism).

So I chose the username "Modelname's favourite knight" in Spanish. I doubt it actually upset anyone, but it amused me and also my friend when I used it to visit her.

I am easily amused, obviously!

Someone did this to a big tipper recently in a favourite model's room, and the guy (in his 50s) cried and bitched because then reported the account and the person got banned!! Eventually, CB replied and said the flag has been removed. I feel like the guy who cried because of it reported the account with some fake/false information, some "trigger" words, to get them removed.

-----------

Oh I forgot another obvious one I see some guys do.
To get around the spending limit per 24hrs they have a second account. these guys will usually have a similar name to the original just with a number or different number at the end.

is there a spending limit i think so... maybe some rich people make new accounts due to this

On CB, there is a limit to how many tokens a member can buy in a 24-hour period. But it’s a pretty high limit (for me anyway… I believe I tip well, and I’ve never hit it).

For me too, I think 60,000 per day

Yeah, mine’s somewhere in the 60-75,000 range if I recall. It may be different depending on the member.

Also - something I just remembered - CB allows members to buy tokens without verifying their identity with a much lower limit (plus it’s capped, so at a certain point they force you to send them proof of your ID before they’ll let you buy more tokens on that username). Once you become a verified member the limit increases significantly (to the range Brett and I mentioned, if not higher for some).

I could imagine some members might have multiple usernames because they want to continue tipping without having to verify their identity with CB. Maybe once they get cut off by CB and asked for ID, they create a new name, or whatever.

Yeah, mine’s somewhere in the 60-75,000 range if I recall. It may be different depending on the member.

Also - something I just remembered - CB allows members to buy tokens without verifying their identity with a much lower limit (plus it’s capped, so at a certain point they force you to send them proof of your ID before they’ll let you buy more tokens on that username). Once you become a verified member the limit increases significantly (to the range Brett and I mentioned, if not higher for some).

I could imagine some members might have multiple usernames because they want to continue tipping without having to verify their identity with CB. Maybe once they get cut off by CB and asked for ID, they create a new name, or whatever.

This was what I did. My biggest single package I can buy is 4,000, so basically I can buy 15 of them per day

Not as bad now but MFC was problematic at times for topping up on tokens for a promising group show or private. Token purchases would be randomly rejected at the most inopportune moments, citing incorrect purchase limits or whatever. I quickly learned a second account was needed if the fun times were not to rudely interrupted.

Last edited:
Typical non sketch reasons I see:

- Hitting spending limits
- Jealous models
- Had a payment issue one time so made a new account
- Different accounts for different things (one for pvts, one for fetish, one for chatting)
- Budgeting (though mfc allows you to store tokens)
- On MFC you have to hit a certain amount of spending that's quite high before you can change your user name. Bigdick99 might regret his choice of moniker and want to get a new one before then. But then when he goes back to visit a model he needs to use the old one cos the model knows that Bigdick99 is a big spender there.

On CB, there is a limit to how many tokens a member can buy in a 24-hour period. But it’s a pretty high limit (for me anyway… I believe I tip well, and I’ve never hit it).
There is also a limit on the number of times you can buy tokens, even if you are only buying the lowest amount possible.

There is also a limit on the number of times you can buy tokens, even if you are only buying the lowest amount possible.

Interesting; I don’t think I knew that.

They also don’t let you make multiple token purchases in fast succession. There’s a time period you have to wait before you buy another package (10 minutes maybe?). It happened to me once when I accidentally bought a lower package than I intended & I tried to immediately buy another one.

I have a secondary/alt low level bronze account on StripChat that I occasionally use to have a temporary respite from "me". It's not really *that* useful since I can easily hide myself when browsing rooms, but sometimes it's nice to be able to say hello or tip 10 tokens without having your alert list light up with random friend requests and unsolicited PMs.

Yes, I know I can just ignore PMs and decline friend requests, but I feel like quite the dick when doing it 😅

Reactions: Omne35
Depends on the site. On SM I have accounts for each of my regular models so they get 80%. On MFC is was because I forgot my first account made a second then found my first with 20k tokens still on it.

One of the things I have managed to avoid on MFC was the obsessive, jealous type of model. The best way to dodge that bullet is to make it clear, in every room you are tipping in, that you are on the site to spread a little token love amongst many performers... without playing favourites. Be firm at the start and it helps avoid probs later.

In the case of models who seems to be able to track where you go on a site. Those are often models who are studio performers and studio girls share a shit ton of info about guys in their rooms with each other. The good and the bad. Some Russian studios on MFC used to have maybe 25 - 30 girls on the site, so it was not unusual for a girl to know who you were, even if it was your first time in their room. Then you would find out if you were doing things right or not. BTW... I have heard multiple times of guys who were dickheads to studio girls, suddenly finding themselves banned in multiple rooms and puzzled when they are blocked from rooms they have not visited before. We members underestimate the power of a studio hit-list at our peril! >:)

Also on MFC, it is possible to do a lot of hidden tipping, so drive-byes, Ninjas and out of the blue tip bombs for example, can all be delivered without getting any grief! So, at the end of the day, you don't need another account... I've never even needed to change my site name once on MFC. Just be firm, but fair. Distribution of token wealth on MFC needn't be fraught and frustrating. Cam sites are places of entertainment after all.

Let's be happy out there!

😜😜😜

It started out this way for me when I first signed up on CB, but after a while it changed from limiting the number of daily card transactions to be a limit of 75,000 tokens to be purchased in a 24-hr period.
May be different for other users, depending on spending habits, payment processor/method, etc.

I have a secondary account for my naughty side.

I'm a regular in a specific room that I do not want the other members and the broadcaster to question my kinks if they were to ever see my screen name if they happened to be 'strolling' by.
So I have my main fun to be around name for that room and similar. And the secondary.

I have a secondary account that I use in the room I mod for. It is an open secret for the model and the longtime regulars in the room. It is a very chatty room with regulars hanging out and tipping for hours.

If the room gets a little quiet my other account shows up to talk shit about the mod (me, my primary account). The others join in and a lot of shit talking and tipping occurs. It is just a little bit of theater.

And both accounts tip. So she wins all around.

Thank you all so much for your responses - this thread has opened my eyes to the fact that some of the stresses a model can go through is shared by members.

It's a shame; it's a fun industry to watch and participate in, but at the end of the day, it is still a cutthroat one, and a loud minority will try to ruin it for everyone.

Hello everyone :hi:

Please note:
  • Stripchat does not have any purchasing limits for users :nod:
  • (your bank or credit card provider though may be a different story)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ozzie_ and NotYou

Please note:

And the fact we can be invisible by purchasing the Ultimate Membership helps too, with a lot of drama

And the fact we can be invisible by purchasing the Ultimate Membership helps too, with a lot of drama
Yes and no. I *have* been accused of spying on a model I visited regularly, even if I wasn't logged on during her cam session at all. Some other ultimate member had apparently showed up, stayed hidden and kept mum, and she was convinced it was me. With some models you just effing can't win 😂

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_ and NotYou
Jealousy..

Users should never have to justify which room they visit nor which model/s they choose to entertain themselves with.

When you engage in this kind of discussion with jealous models, you are giving them authority to continue interrogating you.
Best thing to do is cut the conversation short.

Kindly advise the jealous model that all models are performers and you are free to view and support as many models as you wish.
And as a professional and mature performer, the model should respect that, like they should respect other models within their industry.
Any other behaviour (like jealousy/accusations etc.) will only lose you as a fan!

Please note:
As a purely SC user, I have been surprise by this talk of limitations from other folks here.

Jealousy..

Users should never have to justify which room they visit nor which model/s they choose to entertain themselves with.

When you engage in this kind of discussion with jealous models, you are giving them authority to continue interrogating you.
Best thing to do is cut the conversation short.

Kindly advise the jealous model that all models are performers and you are free to view and support as many models as you wish.
And as a professional and mature performer, the model should respect that, like they should respect other models within their industry.
Any other behaviour (like jealousy/accusations etc.) will only lose you as a fan!
It depends on the model I suppose.

One model I followed for a long time was quite jealous. Did not even like talk of the *concept* of other models :rofl:
She did acknowledge that she was jealous person, however. I was always firm but polite (I did like her, she was a really nice girl and a lot of fun to play with in public & pvt) that I was not going to stop visiting other models.

Set boundaries and stick to them, don't be defensive (or aggressive) and It shouldn't be a big issue.

She was the model who used to occasionally tell me which other models I visited (could never figure out exactly how)

I know some guys who have done it just to be weird and fuck with you. Kinda like to see if you "treat everyone like this" or will treat them differently. I honestly hate it especially when they don't make it known who they are until later. On streamate, we have to report odd behavior like making multiple accounts, spending then abandoning it because it could be linked with fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.