AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC ban questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a camsite (can't think of the name maybe flirt4free??) where you are not allowed to ban as much as you like and are encouraged to basically suck it up and try to turn all users into paying customers and banning is considered only if you have exhausted all interactions with them and your score for the site goes down with banning someone as a final resort.

LiveJasmin, maybe? I've heard that LiveJasmin won't even let models ban whoever they want. I'm not sure exactly what that means...if they just can't ban anyone PERIOD, or if they risk suspension/termination if they ban a member? Either way, I think it's dumb. And that site already has a bad reputation among camgirls.

I realize that no matter how many models tell you that freeloading hurts them and their business, you will probably find a reason to justify it.

Correct, because no matter how many times you call an elephant a cat, it doesn't make it true. It also doesn't matter how much logic I use to rebut your statements. You will never see the rationality behind it, just as you tagged me as. It is a two-way street, as you mentioned before.

In one breath you say that models are expected to perform for free (except for the generosity of others), and the next you are saying that they accept the risk of not being paid and are choosing to be offended.

And that construction workers are in a risky, dangerous business, and yet you seem to have no issue with me saying that. You only take issue with the realistic risks being pointed out about what affects you.

you make it sound like the model's fault for expecting to be paid for her job once in a while.

Never said that. I said that a model should not expect EVERY person to pay since - again - the site is advertised as a free service. You conveniently left out the key factor of my statement: quantity. You're using neutered versions of everything I say to purposely misrepresent and put words in my mouth.

But in your example... We models are the restaurant. MFC may own the building we rent it in, but we are the restaurants themselves. We make the food. We each have a different theme. We set the tables. We spend our time creating a stunning feast for patrons to enjoy. We show up every single day and open the doors. So yes, the restaurant does get frustrated when customers come in night after night after night, drinking and eating our food, and telling us to our faces that if we didn't want people to eat our food for free, we shouldn't be offering it.

Again, conveniently, not even remotely what I said. It is the neutered, altered, half-truth of what I said. See, what YOU are saying is "We serve the food and nobody pays." What *I* said was "You serve the food and one person willingly pays for it all." You keep conveniently leaving out that quantity part. Whether you get $20 from one person or $5 from four people, you're still getting the same amount, yet you act like you get more from the latter.

I am sure as heck allowed to be frustrated when dozens of people come to my doors every day for YEARS and refuse to pay, and even worse - just wait around for someone else to pay for them.

Except that 1) The restaurant is not advertising free food. It is advertising food for money. Ergo, if someone refuses to pay, then it is the customer's own fault. 2) In the restaurant, you have a right to refuse service. Just like how on MFC you have the right to not strip, especially if you are not tipped. In the restaurant example, those "freeloaders" aren't demanding food. They aren't even being rude to other customers. They're just waiting for someone to offer to buy them food. You still get your money for the service, it just isn't from that waiting person. They waited patiently, not demanding anything and not being rude. They did not expect service because they did not pay for it. However, you act like them just simply standing in the parking lot is the exact same thing as them screaming "SERVE ME FOOD!!!!"

The logic of your last post is the absolute definition of freeloading justification, and it truly makes me sad to see. I guess I have too much respect and empathy towards the models whose company I enjoy, who work so hard to plan events, who spend money in order to create a fun time for everyone... I want to see them succeed. I want to make them smile. I want them to recognize how much I appreciate them and their work and their presence. If someone does their job well, they deserve to be paid for it. I want them to be paid for it. I appreciate their shows, their conversation, their friendship, their persons - that I don't want them to have to quit their job.

This is basically the same as if Lucky Charms cereal manufacturers saying "We don't stock the shelves with cereal for you to just walk by and NOT buy it! If you go to the store and walk by our cereal, you MUST buy it! Do you have any idea how hard it is to make, fill, and ship literally billions of boxes of cereal all over MULTIPLE countries?! That's a lot of work, and we DESERVE to have your money!!" You're just trying to guilt people into spending money on you.

If I want to eat a restaurant, I don't go to one every single day in hopes of riding off of the coattails of someone else's generosity. That is disrespectful and practically the definition of entitlement.

No, you don't do that, but you could. It isn't illegal to wait. The restaurant is under no obligation to serve you, but you are allowed to wait if you want as long as you are not a nuisance.

Feeling that you deserve to go to a restaurant and eat when you don't have any money, and just wait and wait and wait for someone to be generous. That's absolutely ludicrous.

Just like people who play free-to-play games for free do not pay because other people play? Go look up a game called Adventurequest Worlds. Check out how the staff interacts with the players, both members and non-members. They love all their players. They give perks to the members, understandably, but never once make non-members out to be immoral. They openly accept all new players, whether they pay or not. They routinely reassure people that "This game remains free-to-play for everyone because of the amazing generosity members that support this game!" They are not shaming non-members, just praising members that keep the game up for non-members to play, and encouraging non-members to enjoy the benefits of members helping to keep the game up. You don't HAVE to hate "freeloaders". You just choose to.

If I cannot afford to eat a restaurant, I don't go. It's that simple. I have too much respect for the cooks, the waiters, and my fellow patrons to take advantage of them like that.

Does that also mean when someone says "I will take you out to eat. Don't worry about the bill. I'll pay for the whole meal." that you turn the offer down EVERY time because you personally consider it rude to the workers to not spend your own money?

If you refuse to ever support a model, no matter how many times you visit, no matter how many smiles she has given you, then you don't deserve her amazingness.

This makes it sound like you have no clue how strip clubs work. None of the visitors are ever required to tip. Ever. Why are YOU any different just because you're behind a screen?

I think that makes me more upset. If someone does not think I am worth tipping, so be it! There are other rooms! But to see someone wait for a member to pay their way and take advantage of a member who just wants to show their support and appreciation for me... Freeloading off of their generosity... That upsets me worse than not being tipped. And I know many other models feel the same about their regulars.

This entire paragraph just says "I'm entitled, but others aren't, because that is most convenient for me." Go work in an actual strip club and start complaining to the visitors like this and see how that works out for you.

Yes, it sucks that you are visiting models who you feel treat members like scum. I hope you don't feel this way about all cam girls.

Oh, not at all. I've met some exceedingly-friendly models. Not all models are power-hungry money-grubbers. Some are amazingly sweet. A few models I visit just to chat with. Nothing sexual or anything. They don't expect tips. One even specifically said "Would you mind staying a bit longer? I know it is really late for you, but you're fun and it's a slow day." No money involved. Just wanted company. Stayed up another hour just to keep her company.

If you feel that a model is behaving in a way that will cause her to lose viewers and cost her money, okay. Now you know that she isn't your cup of tea, and you can move on to a different model. As we've mentioned on here recently, there are models on MFC who can pretty much do/say whatever the hell they want (as despicable as me and you may think they are), and they will still have members sticking around (and tipping) for the show. Lol. Those models probably aren't gonna change their ways...especially if they're making money doing whatever it is they're doing.

I'm not concerned with changing the models themselves. They won't change, so trying would be pointless, and it doesn't really bother me anyway. What bothers me is giving these people too much control. Think about it this way. If you're working at a store and your boss smacks you, the boss would normally get in trouble, right? On MFC, however, the boss would smack you, you say "What the hell? You can't do that!" and the boss replies "Of course I can. I'm the boss." No rules in place to prevent that behavior. Just deal with it or quit, and quitting won't stop the boss from doing that to other workers. That is why workplace environment have rules to protect people from that kind of thing. MFC does not. Someone getting away with abusing their power just because "They are the boss" doesn't bother you at all?

Since it's MyFREECams, the good thing for you members is that you guys have the option to visit as many models as you want (since there is no limit to how long you get to sit/watch in a model's public chat) 'til you find one you're happy with.

This is exactly one of the issues I'm referring to. You SAY users can visit and hang around and room we want for as long as we want, but then others models say "...No, they can stay, but they have to tip or gtfo." So you make it sound like users have the freedom to go to another model and hang there freely, but other models would punish that exact behavior. Users are NOT free. That's the problem. Models like to make it sound like we are, but when we exercise that, we get faulted for it.

No, more like "hey, you can use our service for free! :)"

If you thought the name meant "You can use our service for free" (which it does), then why are you up in arms saying that a model's services AREN'T free? Which one is it, free service or not?

One of the most important values MFC holds itself to is allowing models to run their rooms as they see fit, from a social and personal standpoint. The model holds the power in her space. MFC is not a boss or an employer, they are a platform for independent contractors.
If you do not like this, MFC is probably not the right camsite for you.

As someone who has only banned one silent freeloader in the last year that I can think of, and that took 3+ years of being there every single day from the time I log on til the time I log off... I see your point, but I also will defend a models right to ban anyone who is making her feel uncomfortable in her work space for whatever reason.

She is not entitled to your money and you are not entitled to her boobs. Even though I'm not a big perma banner, I would leave MFC for another site immediately if they started to micro manage how and who I could ban.

Again, the view of a model, not a user. Obviously YOU would say "I like having power." ....Duh. Who wouldn't? If it isn't negatively affecting you, why would you care? My stance is essentially "Take from the rich, give to the poor." Obviously the rich in that situation aren't going to like the proposition. Switch the roles and you'd think very differently. You're content because you have the control, but give no consideration for those who are the victims of that control. If you were the one without control, you'd be a whole lot more outspoken about getting more control. "I would leave MFC for another site immediately if they started to micro manage how and who I could ban." That's the proof. You'd be upset if control was taken away from you to give someone else more control, just like users are upset when THEIR control is taken away in order to favor you.

There is a camsite (can't think of the name maybe flirt4free??) where you are not allowed to ban as much as you like and are encouraged to basically suck it up and try to turn all users into paying customers and banning is considered only if you have exhausted all interactions with them and your score for the site goes down with banning someone as a final resort.

I'm sure the company thinks this is a good practice but if it was, more people would be working there/members would be using that site. (among other reasons it's a crappy site in general from most experiences I've heard but I was just using it as an example of a site that has less banning lol)

There is a reason myfreecams is the top choice for models to use. Whether a model is ban-happy, snobby, friendly, doesn't mind freeloaders or hates them--there is that freedom.

I don't feel like banning users kills business since if it is someone who is being detrimental to the room even IF they're tipping that kind of mood can piss a model off or make working unpleasant. Whether a user thinks they were being nice/normal/friendly and what not.

Look at the section above this. This is LITERALLY "Models gravitate to the place they have the most power." ....Duh? That doesn't mean it is a better-managed site, it just means it has more models. Why wouldn't it? Models get all the power, so why wouldn't they all congregate there? That isn't a testament to site quality, it is a testament to pandering to the models, which is exactly the issue. Of course, not an issue to the models, hence why only models are the ones taking an issue with what I say.

I'm on flirt and yeah, Sort of. It hurts our powerscore if we ban too many people for no reason. It also slightly hurts our score to have guest and basics muted. They want you to bring in paying members

@Bringeroflight I've read your response over and over. Still confused. What does me being able to use MFC for free have to do with customers paying me? Those are two different things.

I didn't say YOU use the site for free. I said USERS use the site for free. "Myfreecams" as a full sentence is "You can view cams for free without paying for a membership."

Just because you can hang around freely for a long time in some models' rooms doesn't mean that you should. But hey, you're a grown man...I can't tell you what to do.

That's nice that you've met sweet models who enjoy your conversation. But if you can afford to tip - whether it's sexual or not, and whether they "expect" tips or not - don't you think you should tip them at some point? I don't care how many times a model tells you "Aw, don't worry about it. You don't have to tip me." If she makes a habit of telling members this aloud, other members will think "Ah, this girl doesn't even care about the money? Shiiiit, well let me save my money then and just park it here for a while."

If every member thought the way you do (that as long as he's providing friendly conversation, that should suffice...screw tipping these models), those models you love so much would have rapidly declining cam scores, and make no (or very little) money on MFC. Then, next thing you know, they're announcing that they are leaving MFC to find a job elsewhere. How would you feel about that? Would you call them "money grubbers" then? Models sign up on MFC with the intention to earn money from live video chatting. Otherwise they'd be on a site like Chat Roulette or somewhere else.

@Bringeroflight ... It's ok if a model doesn't like you. The world won't end and your feelings will recover. You can hide any models you like and we can ban any members we like.
I suggest models don't overuse this feature for their own good but the world ain't gonna end either way. I saw your point initially but you've escalated me right away from agreeing with you.
But we don't all have to agree. However, I think we can all agree micro managing bans on MFC is against their core values and will never happen... Just as reducing guest watching time will never happen either.

Any banned member has "the power" to continue watching the model from the lounge. MFC gives them that power and we do not control it... Just their actual presence in our room is controllable.

It's a trade off, goes both ways... The biggest problem from BOTH sides here is over thinking shit.
If models and members just chill the fuck out, everything runs a lil smoother

But if you can afford to tip - whether it's sexual or not, and whether they "expect" tips or not - don't you think you should tip them at some point?

What if I CAN'T afford to tip? Hypothetically. Would that mean I have no business being on the site at all?

How would you feel about that? Would you call them "money grubbers" then?

I would, and I would feel good that maybe they'll get a more consistent job. Something reliable. One of my friends was considering becoming an MFC model. She had already started sharing her body on Tumblr, so she wanted to step up and become an actual model. I even bought her a good camera to help her out. Soon after, she changed her mind "Because it would probably ruin my chance at other careers down the line if employers found out about me doing that, but even without that, teaching is a much more stable income. Maybe I could make a decent living off being a model, but that's a dice roll I can't afford to lose right now."

Models run a business.

Like any other business, you don't have to buy, but if you're not buying, we don't have to allow you to sit for free in our establishment.

And UNlike other business, MFC advertises itself as "Free" right in the name. It truly astounds me how many models don't know what "Free" means.

@Bringeroflight ... It's ok if a model doesn't like you. The world won't end and your feelings will recover. You can hide any models you like and we can ban any members we like.
I suggest models don't overuse this feature for their own good but the world ain't gonna end either way. I saw your point initially but you've escalated me right away from agreeing with you.
But we don't all have to agree. However, I think we can all agree micro managing bans on MFC is against their core values and will never happen... Just as reducing guest watching time will never happen either.

My issue is not whether models like me. If my goal was to be liked, why would I bother disagreeing with the models? The issue, as I have stated many times before, is the imbalance of power. You've even said that if MFC limited your control, you'd dislike that, and yet you don't understand or sympathize with users disliking having THEIR control limited.

If anything deserves to be "failed troll"...

Um, ok, you literally said: "I would, and I would feel good that maybe they'll get a more consistent job. Something reliable."

Whatever, dude.

You really are a piece of work, aren't you?

I don't even understand why you're complaining. I mean, you did say that you've found a few sweet models who (allegedly) are cool with you hanging around in their room all the time without tipping. So...what's the problem? Or do you just enjoy looking for things to complain about?

Um, ok, you literally said: "I would, and I would feel good that maybe they'll get a more consistent job. Something reliable."

Whatever, dude.

Right! This dude just admitted - on a cam girl forum - that we're "money-grubbers" in his eyes if we quit MFC (due to not making $$$) for a different job. Lol. Charming fella, isn't he?

You saw that too? :) This dude just admitted that even a model who quits MFC (due to not making money on the site) for a different job is a "money-grubber" in his eyes. Lol. Isn't he charming?

If you think we should all be quitting our jobs and it would make you feel good to see us go to "consistent jobs" (a veiled synonym for "Real job"), you're whorephobic. The end.

@Bringeroflight I appreciate you constructively debating your stance, but I am actually a little surprised you didn't take more understandingly to these posts:
One of the most important values MFC holds itself to is allowing models to run their rooms as they see fit, from a social and personal standpoint. The model holds the power in her space. MFC is not a boss or an employer, they are a platform for independent contractors.
If you do not like this, MFC is probably not the right camsite for you.

As someone who has only banned one silent freeloader in the last year that I can think of, and that took 3+ years of being there every single day from the time I log on til the time I log off... I see your point, but I also will defend a models right to ban anyone who is making her feel uncomfortable in her work space for whatever reason.

She is not entitled to your money and you are not entitled to her boobs. Even though I'm not a big perma banner, I would leave MFC for another site immediately if they started to micro manage how and who I could ban.

Any banned member has "the power" to continue watching the model from the lounge. MFC gives them that power and we do not control it... Just their actual presence in our room is controllable.

It's a trade off, goes both ways... The biggest problem from BOTH sides here is over thinking shit.
If models and members just chill the fuck out, everything runs a lil smoother
As they are very rational and understanding that both sides have their power and preferences and should understand/be chill about it all.

When you start saying things like:

And you take your clothes off for money.
You're going to start getting people legitimately poop-rating your posts because that's just inflammatory and instigating, so if you'd like to continue an insightful discussion, maybe avoid that.

As long as MFC is a business, it should be handled as such. Like has been mentioned before, it isn't a social networking service, and so it shouldn't be held to the same conventions. The same way any business is held to certain standards, MFC should have similar standards to clearly define the rights and allotments of the different parties involved with the site.
Also MFC is definitely promoting an extremely social and community-driven site, and most certainly wants to make sure their models feel comfortable and happy since they're the ones who drive the revenue, so I'd disagree with whatever compelled you to write this.

What if I CAN'T afford to tip? Hypothetically. Would that mean I have no business being on the site at all?
And to add: I think this means as soon as you have the means, tip what you can to those who you spent the most time enjoying. That's the expectation. Even if its 5 tokens per model, it's something.

Whatever, dude.

I would also be glad if a friend got a promotion. Doesn't mean I'm an "entry-level-hater". This thread has long since become a contest of who can intentionally misinterpret what I say the most grandiloquently.

You really are a piece of work, aren't you?

I don't even understand why you're complaining. I mean, you did say that you've found a few sweet models who (allegedly) are cool with you hanging around in their room all the time without tipping. So...what's the problem? Or do you just enjoy looking for things to complain about?

"A few", as in "The minority", as in "Not a good basis for general judgment of the site".

"consistent jobs" (a veiled synonym for "Real job"),

The word you were looking for was "pseudonym". Or "euphemism". Either can work.

wants to make sure their models feel comfortable and happy since they're the ones who drive the revenue

And where does the revenue come from? Tippers, not models. Having a product means nothing if it doesn't sell. Ergo, some respect and consideration should also go to the consumer.

And to add: I think this means as soon as you have the means, tip what you can to those who you spent the most time enjoying. That's the expectation. Even if its 5 tokens per model, it's something.

Then what is the purpose of the "Free" in "Myfreecams"? It sounds like "You are under no obligation to tip, but if you don't tip, then you're a bad person." Hardly a fair statement.

Last edited:
purpose of the "Free" in "Myfreecams"? It sounds like "You are under no obligation to tip, but if you don't tip, then you're a bad person." Hardly a fair statement.

That's essentially how tipping works in every industry. I think its a fair statement, but either way, judgments don't have to be fair.

You don't have to be kind, but if you're not, people are welcome to think you're a bad person, for example. Is that fair? Who knows! But arguing it isn't going to stop anyone from thinking it.

Also the purpose of the "free" is to entice you to join and then realize it's more fun if you pay. Like freemium games, or amusement parks with cheap entrance fees but pricy ride tickets, or banks that say "no fees" but then you realize it's only if you maintain a balance of thousands, or all kinds of other businesses that use marketing to lure people in and then sell them things.

Then what is the purpose of the "Free" in "Myfreecams"? It sounds like "You are under no obligation to tip, but if you don't tip, then you're a bad person." Hardly a fair statement.

so.......do you believe that the service would exist if no one tipped?

You can't have your cake and eat it too, which is part of why I don't get this portion of your argument.

Yes, free is in the name.
No, it would not exist if no one tipped.
No, it does not guarantee it is free for ever. It's not "myfreeunlimitedforevercams".
All the name pertains to is that you may see multiple free cams.....it does not specify for how long or how many or the quality of them or the quality of the show or if you can even see them ALL. Maybe you can't, maybe there's a magical set of cams you can only see if you reach the 500,000 point lounge! Damn the things they do in there;0 Just saying, clinging to this one word as part of an argument is weak.

Wanting a service to exist and work for you is not an entitlement to it.
*IF* we wanted a truly free to the viewer platform, we would have to have a site that had mandatory pop ups and built in ads, like youtube....and sponsored sexy toy shows, "I only masturbate with Dr. big dong, this is a sponsored big dong show;)"

That being said, I personally don't ban people unless they make demands/are rude/gimme bad troll vibes/appear to be someone I have previously banned on a new account/racist usernames......but while it could be a bad business decision, I fully support other model's choices to ban. Sometimes it's not fair, but I'd say most of the time it is. And even if I think another models reason for banning is stupid/bad for her business....it just freed that user to go find someone else to tip.

And UNlike other business, MFC advertises itself as "Free" right in the name. It truly astounds me how many models don't know what "Free" means.

You're not getting my point. We are not mfc employees.Think of mfc as a big building renting out office space. I am the little business within that big building. Mfc can advertise however they want, their goal is to get you in the reception area. From there onward it's up to the little businesses to entice you with their products / services. But we are not and should not be obliged to let you sit in our rooms if you are not paying. Some of us do, some don't. Our business, our rooms, we pay our own taxes, our prerogative to do what we want. Plus.. as @JoleneBrody said, all a ban does is kick you from the actual chat room, you can still enjoy our entertainment for free. Fuck, a lot of our shows are available for free on the world wide web. We have no control over who watches us, we do have control over who we interact with and who interacts with us while we work.

Of course not. My*FREE*cams. I want to say this as respectfully as possible, but in the end, I'm disagreeing and that tends to cause friction no matter what, so fingers crossed. Tipping is an optional feature. I understand that models want to be tipped, and that is entirely reasonable, but tipping is not required for viewing. Tipping is required for making requests or aiding in reaching a goal. Just like no model is REQUIRED to show anything, no user is REQUIRED to tip. Do models have to LIKE people who do not tip? Of course not. Models work for tips, so it is understandable to desire tips, but there are plenty of models that believe that they have a right to demand tips and punish those who do not tip. If someone is being rude, then by all means, punish them, but if they have not said a single word in the chat, or have been nothing but friendly in the chat, then what have they actually done wrong? Also, give it a little extra thought. You're banning someone for not tipping. What does that accomplish? Banning them doesn't force them to tip you. It just eliminates the possibility that they will EVER tip. If someone isn't even chatting, then you're not even getting rid of a nuisance in the chat. You're literally only hurting yourself.

Definitely. It is obviously the nicer option to assume all people (and models, by extension) are reasonable, rational, intelligent beings, but realistically, models are just as imperfect as the rest of humanity. No disrespect intended, but that is just the truth. Models can, and will, be just as irrational as any other person. Not ALL models. There are plenty reasonable, friendly models. However, there are some that act without good reason. For example, I was once in a room where the model had JUST set a 4,000 tip goal. Despite the fact that she was pretty modestly ranked (a very nice way of saying "in no position to be making big demands"), she gave the chat 10 minutes to reach the goal "Or else I will begin banning people randomly." Now, I can understand if a model is mad at not reaching a modest goal after a long time. Slow days happen, and they are understandably frustrating. Even in those cases, banning random people out of frustration I something I still cannot support, but I can at least...kind of...vaguely...barely see the reasoning behind it if nobody was tipping at all. However, this was largely unreasonable and people were tipping bit by bit (ranging between 10 and 100 every minute or so) so it wasn't like she was not getting tips, and yet at the 10 minute mark, when the goal was still about 3200 away, she announced she was going to start banning random users from the chat. Naturally, I left the chat at that point, so I don't know what happened after, but that doesn't sound reasonable at all.

Alternately, I was in another room where the model was not even facing her computer (computer, not camera, as I do know they are sometimes separate), I gave a perfectly friendly greeting, and got kicked/banned the LITERAL INSTANT my message came up in the chat. For the record, my username is not offensive or inappropriate in any way. Most would agree it is notably tame. I also did not comment during a show of any kind or a tip wall. Everyone was chatting normally, I came in, and my message was on the screen for maybe one full second before I got booted. Permanently.

In another case, the model's room was pretty dead, so I was chatting to keep her company. She was laughing and smiling and joking along with me. I even said "Sorry I'm not tipping. I hope it doesn't bother you." She replied with "Not at all!! You're really nice and fun to talk to! I'm glad you're here because it's so boring today!" Talked for about another 20 minutes before she had to go. Tried going to her room the next day. Nope. Banned. Not the slightest clue why.
No you're not required to tip....and I'm not required to allow you in my room.

That's essentially how tipping works in every industry.

Doesn't make it any less skewed. There's a restaurant that refuses to accept tips. Instead, the price of service is put into the prices of the food. That way, tips are not necessary. The waitresses prefer it that way "Because I don't have to worry about whether I will get enough tips each day. My pay is flat and consistent, which makes it easier to plan for and manage my money better." Still, that is an entirely different subject, whether or not tipping as a whole is a worthwhile convention. The point I wanted to make in this part was that complaining about stable pay as a cam model is like complaining about working environments in the navy. What'd you expect? You don't work in retail because of the friendly management. You don't work in fast food because the pay is good. You don't work as a stripper (in a club or otherwise) because the pay is stable. I don't understand why people get mad when I say "Being a cam model is not stable income". It is no more or less an attack than "Grass is green" or "I'm a long-winded nerd".

You don't have to be kind, but if you're not, people are welcome to think you're a bad person, for example. Is that fair? Who knows! But arguing it isn't going to stop anyone from thinking it.

So then I ask you, what is the limitation? What can a model do before it merits a "Woah, back up, that was too much"? At what point does "acceptable" become "unacceptable"?

Also the purpose of the "free" is to entice you to join and then realize it's more fun if you pay. Like freemium games, or amusement parks with cheap entrance fees but pricy ride tickets, or banks that say "no fees" but then you realize it's only if you maintain a balance of thousands, or all kinds of other businesses that use marketing to lure people in and then sell them things.

"More fun", but still not required. Freemium games will still allow you to play for free, but give you perks if you pay. "If" being the key word. Not required. Stressed, but won't punish you if you don't. You just don't get the perks, just like the model won't get naked. Didn't pay for perks? Then you don't get perks, and the game won't force you to pay. At worst, might just tempt you. If it has multiplayer, then maybe another player's perks will benefit you (buffs, them using special classes, etc). Didn't pay for tits? Then you don't get tits. But the model WILL punish you for not paying. At worst, she'll kick you for accepting what was advertised.

The way I am viewing the way the models make it seem, if I were to put it to a conversation between a user and a model, would be...

Model: "You need to tip."
User: "No I don't."
Model: "If you don't tip, I won't strip."
User: "Okay."
Model: "You think I am going to strip if you don't tip?"
User: "No."
Model: "How dare you act so entitled?!"
User: "...What?"
Model: "You just expect me to strip for free!"
User: "...No, I don't."
Model: "Then why don't you tip??"
User: "Because I don't want to."
Model: "Then I won't get naked!"
User: "Okay."

What part of this sounds like the free user is expecting anything? And yet the model acts like the user is imposing unreasonable expectations.

so.......do you believe that the service would exist if no one tipped?

It clearly wouldn't, but I never said "nobody should tip", I have said that not EVERYBODY needs to tip. Tipping is optional, and plenty of people willingly tip of their own volition. The fact that those people tip is what allows the others the option to not tip.

clinging to this one word as part of an argument is weak.

Ironically, at the end of a paragraph that is nothing but semantics. Know what also isn't in the name? "Nude", "Naked", "Porn", or any other similar word, and yet nearly all the models follow that same concept.

That being said, I personally don't ban people unless they make demands/are rude/gimme bad troll vibes/appear to be someone I have previously banned on a new account/racist usernames

This part is good. Good on ya. Keep that up. Seriously. I'm not being coy or sarcastic. However...

And even if I think another models reason for banning is stupid/bad for her business....it just freed that user to go find someone else to tip.

THIS follows "mercy killing" logic, where the slight upside is used the validate the much larger downside. It is the classic "Well, at least..." debate well-known for being used in situations of finding the small good in the admittedly-bad situation.

Think of mfc as a big building renting out office space. I am the little business within that big building. Mfc can advertise however they want, their goal is to get you in the reception area. From there onward it's up to the little businesses to entice you with their products / services. But we are not and should not be obliged to let you sit in our rooms if you are not paying.

I disagree with this analogy, but I will humor it because Omni-negation is never a particularly good argument. In the case of being a building being rented out for business, the building itself is not being advertised, nor does it advertise for the businesses within it. The businesses advertise themselves. If there are 6 businesses in the same strip, that building has no direct involvement with the businesses and only acts as homeowners/renters. If there is a Subway in the building, the land owner does not advertise that business. If there is a "Jims Electronics" in the building, the land owner leaves them to their own business. So any advertisement the public sees comes from the business itself, not the housing arrangement. Ergo, if the advertisement is "Free", then in the context of your analogy, that advertisement must have come from the company, not the land owner.

all a ban does is kick you from the actual chat room, you can still enjoy our entertainment for free. Fuck, a lot of our shows are available for free on the world wide web. We have no control over who watches us, we do have control over who we interact with and who interacts with us while we work.

Despite how many people are clearly displeased with me by now, it should be obvious to see that I live by a certain moral standard. I do not view models' content using illegitimate means, since I respect business ethics. The same reason I do not buy/watch pirates movies or emulate video games, I do not use third-party services to view models' content. I make a point to not stab people in the back, even if they do not know I am avoiding it, do not know me at all, and I have nothing to "gain" from showing that respect, just simply because I would not ask of others what I would not do myself. If I were a model, I would not want people stealing my content, and so I give that same consideration from the other side of the situation.

We have no control over who watches us, we do have control over who we interact with and who interacts with us while we work.

This particular sentence stands out to me. If your issue is with who interacts with you while you work, then what vendetta would you have against silent watchers that DON'T interact with you while you work? No tipping, but also no in-chat nuisance. In fact, if you didn't see their name in the chat list, you'd never even know they exist, and yet you and other models have advocated for banning somebody for NOT bothering you.

Status
Not open for further replies.