AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC CamScore for New Models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyTheKat

Cam Model
Jan 9, 2020
www.sextpanther.com
MFC Username
DaisyTheKat
Streamate Username
DaisyTheKat
Hello! This is my first post on here outside of the introduction thread, so I hope this is okay! I read on here that for MFC, it's really important to try to raise your CamScore as high as possible while you still have the "new model" status. I understand that this lasts for a default of seven days, though members can change how long they want it to show for. I was just wondering if any of you have suggestions a goal of how high to get it before those seven days are up? I'm currently at 2586 after two days, but I'm worried about things slowing down after I lose that icon and my score plummeting. I've been checking the site as a guest and seeing about how far down on the page people with my score are, but I'm still not certain exactly what I should aim for. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hello! This is my first post on here outside of the introduction thread, so I hope this is okay! I read on here that for MFC, it's really important to try to raise your CamScore as high as possible while you still have the "new model" status. I understand that this lasts for a default of seven days, though members can change how long they want it to show for. I was just wondering if any of you have suggestions a goal of how high to get it before those seven days are up? I'm currently at 2586 after two days, but I'm worried about things slowing down after I lose that icon and my score plummeting. I've been checking the site as a guest and seeing about how far down on the page people with my score are, but I'm still not certain exactly what I should aim for. Thanks for any help you can offer!
I personally have been battling between 800-1130 for about 4 months now. Some of us get lucky, some not so much. I try not to focus too much on it anymore because it can make you depressed and that shows. I focus on the money now, having a LUSH has helped tremendously for that. I know a lot of models quit after the new model status stardom dies, and it always does unless you are incredibly lucky or have that "thing" some models have naturally. Perseverance is key in this business and you will always have days where you make $3, 10 cents, or $100. I pull about $50 each 4-5 hour night I am on and for me that's enough cause it still beats working for other people. Hope that helps!

I personally have been battling between 800-1130 for about 4 months now. Some of us get lucky, some not so much. I try not to focus too much on it anymore because it can make you depressed and that shows. I focus on the money now, having a LUSH has helped tremendously for that. I know a lot of models quit after the new model status stardom dies, and it always does unless you are incredibly lucky or have that "thing" some models have naturally. Perseverance is key in this business and you will always have days where you make $3, 10 cents, or $100. I pull about $50 each 4-5 hour night I am on and for me that's enough cause it still beats working for other people. Hope that helps!

That helps a ton, thank you! I feel like there have been a lot of mixed signals on the CamScore, so maybe I just won't worry about it and will go based off the tangible dollar amount and if I think it's worth it. Can I ask what a LUSH is?

Reactions: dont_cry_sadie
I'm a part time cam girl, so my camscore stinks! Just watch out broadcasting for too long when things are really slow, because that can hurt you too. Also, if you need the income consider other camming platforms. Never count on just one.

Reactions: ouija
Thanks for the advice! I'm at a 3366 CamScore now after a couple more nights of camming, but I still have no real conception of what counts as a "good" score on MFC and I only have a couple days left until the New Model 7 day default runs out. I've been on for around 13 hours total since starting, but my schedule gets a lot busier starting next week and I might have to cut back on how long I can stay on, too. I usually make a lot more from privates and groups than from tips, but I'm not sure if being in privates so often is causing potential tippers to leave my room. I feel like I'm doing well from a financial viewpoint, but the CamScore makes everything so complicated and unclear. I feel like it's difficult to gauge future success (after 7 days are up), even if right now I'm happy with how I'm doing.

Thanks for the advice! I'm at a 3366 CamScore now after a couple more nights of camming, but I still have no real conception of what counts as a "good" score on MFC and I only have a couple days left until the New Model 7 day default runs out. I've been on for around 13 hours total since starting, but my schedule gets a lot busier starting next week and I might have to cut back on how long I can stay on, too. I usually make a lot more from privates and groups than from tips, but I'm not sure if being in privates so often is causing potential tippers to leave my room. I feel like I'm doing well from a financial viewpoint, but the CamScore makes everything so complicated and unclear. I feel like it's difficult to gauge future success (after 7 days are up), even if right now I'm happy with how I'm doing.

For me personally, I found that focusing on Camscore was extremely counter productive. Yes, its one way to numerically gauge how you're doing compared to other models, but it helps to remember that we all have different goals, aspirations, lifestyles, & reasons we cam. I find it more fulfilling to focus on my group of regulars & keeping my room (and myself) upbeat & positive. When I based my success on a number (whether it be camscore or rank) it took a toll on me (and my income). I can tell you that not one of my regulars have ever talked up Camscore to be nearly as important as us models think it is.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
For me personally, I found that focusing on Camscore was extremely counter productive. Yes, its one way to numerically gauge how you're doing compared to other models, but it helps to remember that we all have different goals, aspirations, lifestyles, & reasons we cam. I find it more fulfilling to focus on my group of regulars & keeping my room (and myself) upbeat & positive. When I based my success on a number (whether it be camscore or rank) it took a toll on me (and my income). I can tell you that not one of my regulars have ever talked up Camscore to be nearly as important as us models think it is.

I really like your point about having different goals, reasons, circumstances, etc.! I've heard some of the members in my room say that CamScore is basically just something that MFC created to earn them more money, but also some of the "beginning camgirl" threads on this site made it seem pretty important. I know that there are other ways for members to find you (tags, etc.) but the default order thing makes it seem really important. I might just try not to stress about it then.

Reactions: TessaLee123
Camscore is certainly not something to stress about or focus on. Just be aware of it, so that you don't end up completely dwindling it down. If a cam session is going incredibly slowly, of course you should give it a fair amount of time and effort to turn it around, but don't stay on for endless hours if nothing or very very little tokens are coming in consistently. And on the opposite side, if a session is going very well and tokens are coming in at a faster pace than usual, see if you can capitalize on it and keep it up for a longer shift than you'd planned.

Having videos/photos/clubs for people to tip for both while you're on cam or offline helps a lot, too.

I'm at a 3366 CamScore now after a couple more nights of camming, but I still have no real conception of what counts as a "good" score on MFC
That's not bad at all!

Thank you, that helps a lot! I definitely need to do some more research (probably on here) about how to sell content besides actually being live on camera. Haven't done any of that yet ... a little hesitant to start, but I'm sure it'll help. Do you use MFC Share for that, and are there any good threads about that on here that I could read through? Sometimes I'll do searches, but the stuff that pops up is from 2014 or so and I'm not sure what's outdated and what's still relevant.

In regards to selling content, I've found it wasn't a great self-esteem avenue for me as it was very time consuming with little reward. I had people buying videos maybe once every three months and only because they didn't want to tip me to the goal. I work on CB, not MFC and it may be different there. The majority of top models on CB sell their content for pennies. I've seen models hawk for 1 token, 5 tokens, all the way up to 10,000 tokens for a video.

I'm not saying this to discourage you from creating content but it might be better to take those things to Onlyfans or other clip sites.

In regards to selling content, I've found it wasn't a great self-esteem avenue for me as it was very time consuming with little reward. I had people buying videos maybe once every three months and only because they didn't want to tip me to the goal. I work on CB, not MFC and it may be different there. The majority of top models on CB sell their content for pennies. I've seen models hawk for 1 token, 5 tokens, all the way up to 10,000 tokens for a video.

I'm not saying this to discourage you from creating content but it might be better to take those things to Onlyfans or other clip sites.
The thing with selling content on CB vs. MFC is that on CB you have to deliver the content yourself. On MFC they have it integrated so if someone buys a video you don't have to do anything, it's automatic. So it's only a positive thing, aside from the time taken to shoot the video/photo set, there's no extra effort needed.

The thing with selling content on CB vs. MFC is that on CB you have to deliver the content yourself. On MFC they have it integrated so if someone buys a video you don't have to do anything, it's automatic. So it's only a positive thing, aside from the time taken to shoot the video/photo set, there's no extra effort needed.

There's a similar system on CB, but I have no idea how user-friendly it is. I've had a few people buy while I was streaming when I used to use it, but not offline like people do with MFCshare.

Hey DaisyKitKat!
Welcome to MFC! I have been on there 2 months now. I agree with the above posts - Don't focus too much on cam score. And as for not staying on whenthe room is quiet (tip-wise), I agree to a certain extent... You don't want to stay on if it's getting you down and dragging your score too far down. However, people will still be seeing you, potentially bookmarking you, so even if it doesn't mean anything this time, next time they may be one of your biggest tippers/private shows! Private shows are always going to be your best earner (IMO). And other people can see you are in a private, not just away. So I think it actually helps with them viewing you as wanted and at times unattainable, which feeds into their often competitive nature. Plus, if it's a Private not a TruePrivate, they can spy earning you exyra voyeur tokens if they wanted to be watching, so I definitely don't think being in a Private is ever a negative thing! All I would say is be mindful if you do use countdowns... you don't want to disappear if other people contributed to your countdown to see the end result.
Hope that helps! (As I said, I'm quite new and learning as well, so take all of this with a grain of salt!)
Penny xx

Hey DaisyKitKat!
Welcome to MFC! I have been on there 2 months now. I agree with the above posts - Don't focus too much on cam score. And as for not staying on whenthe room is quiet (tip-wise), I agree to a certain extent... You don't want to stay on if it's getting you down and dragging your score too far down. However, people will still be seeing you, potentially bookmarking you, so even if it doesn't mean anything this time, next time they may be one of your biggest tippers/private shows! Private shows are always going to be your best earner (IMO). And other people can see you are in a private, not just away. So I think it actually helps with them viewing you as wanted and at times unattainable, which feeds into their often competitive nature. Plus, if it's a Private not a TruePrivate, they can spy earning you exyra voyeur tokens if they wanted to be watching, so I definitely don't think being in a Private is ever a negative thing! All I would say is be mindful if you do use countdowns... you don't want to disappear if other people contributed to your countdown to see the end result.
Hope that helps! (As I said, I'm quite new and learning as well, so take all of this with a grain of salt!)
Penny xx

Thank you! I have definitely noticed that privates help my score and earnings the most. Right now I'm struggling with losing the "new model" status and my number of viewers going drastically down. Not sure how to get things to pick back up again, or if that's just going to have to be something that comes with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.