AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Chat Filters

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2013
mfc announced a new filter for models on twitter on thursday, with more information in model news (I'm hoping they update the wiki)

the idea being, you could add any text that you dont want posted to the room.
I haven't heard what the members see if anything when the are filtered.

This could be good to prevent you from accidentally posting links to your videos in public instead of PM. (test with a safe url, I'm just thinking here)
Its designed as a privacy shield. So you could put your city name, or number, or college.
That seems to me to be an arms race. you put in 123-456-7890 so then they try (123)456-7890. Then they try 1 2 3 - 4 5 6 - 7 8 9 0. etc.

Saw some people asking on twitter if you could block certain emots. In other words does the filter run before the emot code is converted to an image. Or if the emot :mnod is always translated to https://img.mfcimg.com/chat_images/u/7a/7ad1f6fc.gif perhaps we could block 7a/7ad1f6fc.gif
another thing to test.

I know mfc posted that a couple days ago, but I just saw it and dont think we have a discusion thread in General yet.

Reactions: Mila_ and Magnolia
A model friend I know has already used it to block the following words in her room:
bb
Paypal
twerk
Columbia (she HATES when people misspell her country)
marry

Reactions: JubalCobb
These are mine:
hon
n*gger
babe
goddess
mistress
(all forms of ex's names)
rape
myfreecams.com (linking other girls)
paypal
pp
owl
owls

I love the feature.

I just saw the update but didn't really know how I would use it but seeing y'alls list is making me rethink my view on the filters. It could be helpful to block some of those repeating questions that you always get.
I wish they could make a quick message option. Like a list of pre written messages that you can just click to help you save time when you are answering common questions.

Why are you blocking the word goddess?
I hate being called goddess with a fiery passion that burns deep in my soul. Same with hon, babe, and other pet names.

Also no one that has ever called me goddess has ever become a paying customer so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

saves me the annoyance

These are mine:
hon
rape
owl

Just curious on this. Does it filter out those words only when there is a space in front of and after those words? Or does it also filter them out when they appear included as part of longer words?

E.g. Does filtering hon, rape, and owl also block the words shone, honey, grape, scrape, bowl, and scowl when someone types them out?

Just curious on this. Does it filter out those words only when there is a space in front of and after those words? Or does it also filter them out when they appear included as part of longer words?

E.g. Does filtering hon, rape, and owl also block the words shone, honey, grape, scrape, bowl, and scowl when someone types them out?
You can choose either, actually.
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.53.23 AM.png

In one of the rooms I hang out in members have discovered the chat filter doesn't apply to tip messages. The model had configured her filter in an attempt to ban comments about a certain corrupt politician's activities, which to my mind makes the pay-for-play nature of their workaround quite delicious.

Personally, I'm hoping some enterprising model will use this discovery to require her admirers to buy a vowel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated it today:

chat filters.png

I would love to have some suggestions of the ugly dick emotes' shortcuts so I can add them to mine. If anyone knows names of the worst ones off hand, can you post em?

Reactions: Mila_ and Gen
Updated it today:

View attachment 66608

I would love to have some suggestions of the ugly dick emotes' shortcuts so I can add them to mine. If anyone knows names of the worst ones off hand, can you post em?

You'd need to be more specific as to what you consider an *ugly* dick emote. Science suggests that we post all manner of emotes for comment.

Made you look!

Hey I know this thread is a couple months old but I have quite a few questions!

- Will the chat filters ALSO apply to what I write in chat, as a model in my own chatroom?
- Does anyone now know what members see when they try to write something that contains a blocked word? I want to block my real name, and MFC suggests that if you do this then you should also block several like "decoy" names so that members don't inadvertently find out your real name by having it blocked. But, if the member is notified as to exactly what word was blocked in their message, using decoy names still wouldn't stop a member from inadvertently finding out your real name anyway...I don't quite get the point of the "decoys."
- If I want to block my phone number, would the MFC filter even register symbols like "(" and "-" or does it just string together numbers/letters?
- What's the difference between choosing an "'Exact Word Match" vs a "Regular Match?"

Thanks in advance, guys. I think I'm also going to send off an email to MFC with these questions so if I find out the answers to these questions I'll post them here.

- Will the chat filters ALSO apply to what I write in chat, as a model in my own chatroom?

I am not sure, but why would you type the words you don't want being used? Just say out loud "I don't do Skypes" etc.

- Does anyone now know what members see when they try to write something that contains a blocked word?

They see a message that says something like "You used a word that this model has chosen to block in her room." The point of decoy names is that if your name is Maria, and Maria is the only name blocked, it's obviously your name. If you block Jessica, Alice, Marie, Alexandria, etc etc, then nobody knows which one is your real name. I guess they'd only know that if they knew there were multiple blocked, idk. I am not putting my name in there.

- If I want to block my phone number, would the MFC filter even register symbols like "(" and "-" or does it just string together numbers/letters?

Just block all versions, like this:
  • 123-456-7890
  • (123)456-7890
  • 123 456 7890
  • (123)4567890
- What's the difference between choosing an "'Exact Word Match" vs a "Regular Match?"

An regular match means it blocks that word even if it's hidden in another word. If you block "anal," then "canal" would also be blocked.

Exact match means that it has to be those letters independently, so "anal" would be blocked, but "canal" would be okay.

Thanks for your response, that helped a lot!
I still don't get the point of blocking your real name though. There really isn't one, right? Because...

The point of decoy names is that if your name is Maria, and Maria is the only name blocked, it's obviously your name. If you block Jessica, Alice, Marie, Alexandria, etc etc, then nobody knows which one is your real name.

If the member tried to write "Maria" (let's say my real name is Maria) and then it was blocked, they would automatically assume (correctly) that they had found out my real name and could feasibly start telling people my real name and/or start finding my personal information. Even if I also had "Danielle", "Amy", and "Andrea" blocked. So it sounds to me like blocking your real name is more dangerous than helpful no matter how you do it. Right?

Reactions: Shia and Mira_xo
Status
Not open for further replies.