AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornygods

Banhammered
Apr 28, 2011
United Kingdom
Amber/Jawbs - I couldn't find a similar thread, so I decided to make one. I apologize preemptively should there be a pre-existing thread of a similar topic!

As a relatively new premium, I feel overwhelmed by the levels of engagement that MFC has to offer. I enjoy the interaction with members, and especially the interaction with models, and I strive to be the best premium member I could be. An issue arises when I seem to be met with mixed messages in regards to the interaction within chats.

Here's what I currently do, and I'd like to know if there's anywhere that could be improved;

When I enter a chat, I usually greet the models/users and leave a small tip (typically no smaller denomination than a 50tk tip)
I try to engage in conversation when I can, or when the conversation stifles, I attempt to propose a new topic
I try to partake in public show tipping, and tipping in general
I talk like the way I use

I think, more importantly, these questions would help newbies like myself;

[*]If a premium member has no tokens, should they partake in active conversation? I understand that requests are reserved for tippers, as it's essentially freeloading to make a demanding request (the 'director' type, huh) without any form of payment.
[*]What should we talk about? My presumption in regards to this would be to lurk around for a while to gauge what sort of conversation the users/models are comfortable with, but I feel sometimes conversations could sometimes get a little monotonous; especially when there's nothing more to talk about on that specific subject. I do wish cheesy humor were more popular among the MFC community - I love hearing them, despite the alleged distastefulness.
[*]What's the best way to articulate oneself, and to compliment models? I understand that tokens function as a monetary form of expressing appreciation, but I feel it's insufficient in itself. Is it better to talk casually, or would it be better to write formally, like on the forums? Does it make a difference either way? I understand that talking like an illiterate 13 year old doesn't help.
[*]How does one become a regular? Does it specifically entail regular tipping, or attention, or visits? What constitutes a good member? If one is protective of a model, would that constitute stalking?

In regards to any other chat-room etiquette, please feel free to post any advice for users such as myself here!

Thanks.

First let me say that I really love your attitude! :) You seem like the sort of person every model wants to have in her room.
The fact that you're trying to become a "better member" shows that you have a lot of respect for the models and I can't tell you how much I appreciate guys like you!! :D

I'll try answering your questions, keep in mind that those answers are just my opinions.

hornygods said:
[*]If a premium member has no tokens, should they partake in active conversation? I understand that requests are reserved for tippers, as it's essentially freeloading to make a demanding request (the 'director' type, huh) without any form of payment.
Yes please! :) Keeping a conversation going is always important, and I'm more than happy to see 0-token-members contributing to it, instead of silently sitting and waiting.

[*]What should we talk about? My presumption in regards to this would be to lurk around for a while to gauge what sort of conversation the users/models are comfortable with, but I feel sometimes conversations could sometimes get a little monotonous; especially when there's nothing more to talk about on that specific subject. I do wish cheesy humor were more popular among the MFC community - I love hearing them, despite the alleged distastefulness.
If you like cheesy humor, you can always make an attempt at bringing it into the room - you'll find out quickly if the model and the members have the same taste or not. You don't really have anything to lose there, just try. In the models only section, we have a thread about what to talk about on cam, too - the general consensus is that sooo many things can be a topic of conversation. If you feel like a conversation has gotten monotonous, it can be a good idea to just start a different topic - when I don't really know what to talk about, I'm really grateful if a member comes up with something new!

[*]What's the best way to articulate oneself, and to compliment models? I understand that tokens function as a monetary form of expressing appreciation, but I feel it's insufficient in itself. Is it better to talk casually, or would it be better to write formally, like on the forums? Does it make a difference either way? I understand that talking like an illiterate 13 year old doesn't help.
Personally, I appreciate all kinds of compliments, whether they're expressed casually or formally... But I always think it's cute when someone really forms a sentence that shows he's given it a bit of thought. Elaborate, genuine compliments can feel as nice as a tip. :)

[*]How does one become a regular? Does it specifically entail regular tipping, or attention, or visits? What constitutes a good member? If one is protective of a model, would that constitute stalking?
To me, people who have visited my room more than 4 or 5 times and contribute to the conversation most of the time are "regulars". I have no problem with calling people regulars who don't tip much, as long as I consider them a part of my MFC experience. When it comes to protectiveness, I do appreciate it when people in my room make fun of trolls. Sometimes that really makes me laugh. I've come across other models' rooms where I noticed that certain members were being too protective of the model - I was in a room once where someone posted the "no bb" emoticon 0.2 seconds after someone else dared to use the word "bb". The model reminded him twice that she doesn't actually mind bb. So yeah, obviously that guy was exaggerating.

hornygods said:

what do you mean?

also- the best thing to do about conversation is to contribute to whatever the model or other members are talking about. if the model isn't speaking much, just asking her about her day or what she did that day or that week is a good start.
i would consider a regular someone who has tipped me or taken me private over a few days (as in, not twice over the period of a year). someone that contributes to conversation and that i recognize. or it could be someone that doesn't have a lot of tokens to spend but is usually in my room contributing to conversation and i get to know on some level.

Great post OP. :D I think LilyMarie pretty much nailed it on the head. :) Generally speaking, using common sense and good manners like you would offline should suffice.

caireen said:
hornygods said:

what do you mean?

... I think I forgot to cover it, only to cover it later in regards to how formal speech should be in MFC. 'I talk like the way I'm used to talking on the forums' <- I think I was trying to phrase it like that, but I clearly didn't complete the sentence.

In regards to c2c - I get mixed messages from different models about it. According to some, it's much better to show present oneself clothed, to just say 'hey!' To others, they prefer not to be 'watched' and therefore prefer to see a penis over a face. Most models don't seem to like c2c at all. Where should a member stand on this?

@Lily Thanks for the helpful response! I just need to come up with a decent name now >.<

I do enjoy the way you speak/write and conduct yourself. Thank you for being part of the forum as well as MFC chat!

hornygods said:
Yes, conversation is key. If every 0 token premium kept quiet, the room would be super boring. Anyone who has something fun or complementary to add to the conversation should do so! The only things to avoid discussing/mentioning if a person has no tokens or doesn't plan on spending any are requests and their cocks.

If a conversation isn't already rolling, start with a simple question about what the girl did today/this weekend or what their plans are later/tomorrow. Sometimes this will morph into another fun conversation naturally, then just roll with the punches! :)

The best compliment in my room is that a member is "having fun". When I know that the combination of whatever I'm doing on cam and the conversation/jokes going on in the room is captivating the audience, that makes me the most happy. We can hear all the generic compliments about our tits or ass all day, but the comments that tell us we're doing our job well (I think) are the best.

A regular is someone who talks to us every time they visit, relates to us in a way that we know they understand what we're all about, and tips as often as they can. It does entail regular attention and visits, the tipping is a bonus. A good regular remembers some details about us and can recall on those details to start a conversation. The protectiveness is cool depending on how it's done. I'd rather call it being "supportive" than protective. Like when a jerk comes in and starts stirring us up, a good regular would help support us by saying "ignore that idiot" or otherwise showing us they disagree with the negative comments. As Lily said, making fun of the trolls is supportive (but each model has their preference for how their friends deal with trolls).

hornygods said:
In regards to c2c - I get mixed messages from different models about it. According to some, it's much better to show present oneself clothed, to just say 'hey!' To others, they prefer not to be 'watched' and therefore prefer to see a penis over a face. Most models don't seem to like c2c at all. Where should a member stand on this?

I think a member should stand wherever he wants to on the matter. There is certainly a variety of opinions on c2c from both models and members. Some members are really into it, some would never turn their cam on even if it was requested. You can seek out models who like or dislike it if you have a strong preference, or if it doesn't matter to you either way, let the model dictate. I don't think most models will be offended if you ask what their c2c preference is. If you would like to have a model watch your cam, be prepared to tip for it or take her private, as most of us do not watch cams for free and many don't watch them in public chat. As long as you're not pressuring them into anything (which it doesn't sound like you would), I don't think you should stress about it!

I really appreciate how you conduct yourself, it's very refreshing!

Reactions: hornygods
Heres a big wall of text in case you get bored some time:

Cams:
If you want a model to watch your cam, the right way to do it is:
"How do you feel about watching cams?", This should NOT be the first words you speak to her either, participate in the conversation first. If she says she watches them, you should tip her accordingly. Dont have the default expectation that all models will want to watch, and dont expect it to be free by default.
DO NOT DO THIS:
"bb is my cam workin?"
"mmmmbbb want to see how hard u made me "
"please watch me stroke my 8 inch cock bb"
"CAM BB TURN CAM ON"

Regulars:
As long as someone is contributing conversation wise to my room and hangs out with me a lot, I would call them a regular regardless of tips. Regulars know better than to expect a priority when they aren't tipping, and they never beg for stuff. They get along well with other regulars, and only get defensive when Im clearly uncomfortable.

Conversation:
If you are going to hang out without tipping, talking is the least you can do. Imagine how awkward it is to be dancing around half naked for a bunch of silent people, hoping they'll show some signs of life. You can talk about anything, speaking personally, when a member points out something Im wearing and asks about it, it usually leads to an explanation or story. If you are really stumped, look at the interests she has listed on her profile (which of course as a good member and decent dude, you took a quick peek at, right?). "Oh, you like BAND too? Cool!" is a good place to start.

Conduct:
Dont use chat speak unless the model uses it herself. It makes you look better, too :) Use manners. Dont forget that a bunch of horny dudes are reading everything in the public channel too, they dont want to see you MMMM MY COCK IS SO BIG AND HARD 4 UUUU BB messages. Basically, conduct yourself as if you really were in the presence of a lot of other people. Since its a camsite, flirtation, a little "wink wink nudge nudge" or dirty jokes are fine, but save the really naughty stuff for private chat, or you'll look like a gross pervert even amongst perverts.

How to compliment a model:
"You look great today"
"You look like you're in a good mood tonight :D"
"Those panties look great on your hips! your curves are beautiful"
"amazing" "gorgeous" "fantastic" - sometimes one word can be enough
"your butt could bring about world peace" - humour is good :)
We put a lot of effort into our appearance and it makes us feel nice when you notice

Wrong:
"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
"u make my dick hard" (duh?)
"YA MA DEM TITTAYS"
"I bet your pussy is soooo tight mmmm"
"I WANNA POUND DAT AZZZ"
"babes/hun/baby" - these feel really awkward for me, they sound either too personal or phony. Its okay from a long time regular, just like its okay coming from family/friends/SO. bb is never okay.
Basically, if it wouldnt sound good being shouted by a guy on a street corner, it wouldnt sound good coming from you. But it seems like the guys who say these things arent really the type to stick around/tip and have a funny way of getting themselves banned eventually.

Disclaimer: this is all based on my own experience. Dont assume all models are the same or expect the same conduct. "You" doesnt mean anyone specific, its just for example. I wrote this when I was super tired, so I hope it makes sense.

I would also like to make the disclaimer that camgirl compliments should never be used on co-workers, shop clerks, strangers, your mother inlaw or your best friend's girlfriend. Do not use camgirl compliments while driving or intoxicated. Incorrect usage may result in severe backfire. Jessi Co makes no garuntee of camgirl compliments resulting in any particular outcome. Not suitable for use by persons under 18 years of age :lol:

Damn I wish more members were like this. :thumbleft:

I can imagine camming is exhausting work. Always having to be "on" and make sure they give everyone enough attention so they feel special. Anything you can do to help take the pressure off would probably be well received.

Some of the funnest rooms are those where the members chat amongst themselves - don't totally ignore the model though, unless she's a real meannie! ;) . It's like a group of friends getting together rather than 50 people all clamouring to be noticed by the magnificent girl in the room. Get to know the other regulars, say hi, ask how everyone is and contribute to the general banter and conversation in the room.

Don't forget the other newcomers, say hi to them too. As a job, a model doesn't only rely on her regulars (they will get broke eventually! :lol: ) so helping new members feel a part of the group is useful for their longer term success.

From what you've said already, I'm sure you'll fit in quite well and have a really enjoyable time. Hope to catch you online sometime mate.

Dolicky said:

Some of the funnest rooms are those where the members chat amongst themselves - don't totally ignore the model though, unless she's a real meannie! ;) . It's like a group of friends getting together rather than 50 people all clamouring to be noticed by the magnificent girl in the room. Get to know the other regulars, say hi, ask how everyone is and contribute to the general banter and conversation in the room.

Don't forget the other newcomers, say hi to them too. As a job, a model doesn't only rely on her regulars (they will get broke eventually! :lol: ) so helping new members feel a part of the group is useful for their longer term success.

From what you've said already, I'm sure you'll fit in quite well and have a really enjoyable time. Hope to catch you online sometime mate.

Dolicky actually helped me feel accepted in a room that I was new to once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away. MFC, and I would assume other camsites, have so much more potential than just simply a place to see and talk with incredibly sexy women. Sure, that is a very nice perk, but becoming something akin to friends with other premiums takes the entire MFC experience to a whole new level.

Reactions: Dolicky
Hi, hornygods! It was nice seeing you in my room the other day :) I agree with the other girls -- always contribute to conversation if you feel like it, you don't need to be tipping in order to "earn the right" to talk. And most of us do consider a regular to be someone who shows up often and engages in conversation, regardless of tipping. I have a large number of regulars who never or rarely have money, and I appreciate them all the same because they help me keep the conversation flowing in my room. Without conversation many of my bigger tippers wouldn't stay because even girls run out of things to talk about without someone to respond :D

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
Dolicky said:

I can imagine camming is exhausting work. Always having to be "on" and make sure they give everyone enough attention so they feel special. Anything you can do to help take the pressure off would probably be well received.
Pretty much. It can be very emotionally draining on the quiet or 'unsuccessful' days so when members acknowledge this it can really help. :) Maybe not bluntly saying, "you look exhausted today" but something that subtely says you understand without making me think I look like crap. ;)

I want to give every stupid jerk the link to this thread, but then they'd all come to ACF and that wouldn't be good :(

Reactions: 1 person
Dolicky said:
BrittsStare said:
Dolicky actually helped me feel accepted in a room that I was new to once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away.
Stare!!!! *blush* Nice to see you hear mate. They were indeed good times. Ahhh, the memories. :dance:

Just an aside, but our mutual friend is camming again. You might want to check that out. I've missed you, bro.

To the OP, there is some great advice in here, but I think the best one is to just be yourself. You seem genuine, caring, and truly concerned about your actions and the consequences of those actions. That is a good thing. If you stay true to that, then models and other premiums will realize that too. :twocents-02cents:

BrittsStare said:
Dolicky said:
BrittsStare said:
Dolicky actually helped me feel accepted in a room that I was new to once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away.
Stare!!!! *blush* Nice to see you hear mate. They were indeed good times. Ahhh, the memories. :dance:

Just an aside, but our mutual friend is camming again. You might want to check that out. I've missed you, bro.

To the OP, there is some great advice in here, but I think the best one is to just be yourself. You seem genuine, caring, and truly concerned about your actions and the consequences of those actions. That is a good thing. If you stay true to that, then models and other premiums will realize that too. :twocents-02cents:

The day I post that would be the day that it is no longer true. Dolicky, you need to be less scarce bro. I miss you.

BrittsStare said:
The day I post that would be the day that it is no longer true. Dolicky, you need to be less scarce bro. I miss you.

Awwww, I'll try to be around more often mate. I did catch our lovely friend briefly online a couple weeks ago. Sent you a PM.

Ladies, don't mind us whilst we give each other a cuddle. :hugs

I do apologize for the belated response.

Jessi said:
I would also like to make the disclaimer that camgirl compliments should never be used on co-workers, shop clerks, strangers, your mother inlaw or your best friend's girlfriend. Do not use camgirl compliments while driving or intoxicated. Incorrect usage may result in severe backfire. Jessi Co makes no garuntee of camgirl compliments resulting in any particular outcome. Not suitable for use by persons under 18 years of age :lol:

Thank you for bringing a smile to my day - I honestly appreciate it. I'm honoured that you girls have offered me such a variety of sound advice. I'd like to personally express my gratitude to Lily/caireen/Amber/Madison/Jessi/AshaSnow and other thread participants for the elaborate, well thought out responses – they’re very insightful and enlightening.

I think this covers pretty much everything - anything beyond this would generally be considered common sense (although, to an MFC model, it may not be so common >.<).

I hope to visit you girls soon! Once again, thanks for the responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.