AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC or SM

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2016
Cape Town RSA
Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are are about to start up and we're a bit torn between signing up with Streammate or MFC - from the research we've done those appear to be the best, (but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Just wanted to know of the pros and cons for each of the sites, and any recommendations, tips etc. Not sure if we would be able to sign up for both and maybe manage one cam each if that is an option (if it is in option I guess it would only be once we have experience).

We're really excited to get going and this forum and the wiki has been a great help so far.

MFC doesn't accept male/female couples. Streamate does. There's a lot of information about both sites on this site if you do a search and if your girlfriend gets verified as a camgirl, there's a lot of information about both sites in the models only section as well. :)

Thanks so much for the information guys!

I did have one more question about some info I saw on this forum - I know streammate offers 35% of total takings but is that considered high or low or is that about average accross most sites? I saw that internetmodelling.com offers up to 70%, but also saw on this site that they are an agent for streammate, so not sure how they offer more (or would they then offer 70% of the 35% strammate pays out if I am not misunderstanding?)

Thanks so much for the information guys!

I did have one more question about some info I saw on this forum - I know streammate offers 35% of total takings but is that considered high or low or is that about average accross most sites? I saw that internetmodelling.com offers up to 70%, but also saw on this site that they are an agent for streammate, so not sure how they offer more (or would they then offer 70% of the 35% strammate pays out if I am not misunderstanding?)
Internetmodeling is a total sham, it's a studio and they will actually take a percentage of your already small 35%. They use trickery in their numbers/advertising. Avoid at all costs.

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are are about to start up and we're a bit torn between signing up with Streammate or MFC - from the research we've done those appear to be the best, (but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Just wanted to know of the pros and cons for each of the sites, and any recommendations, tips etc. Not sure if we would be able to sign up for both and maybe manage one cam each if that is an option (if it is in option I guess it would only be once we have experience).

We're really excited to get going and this forum and the wiki has been a great help so far.

I would suggest you choose neither as a couple and choose Chaturbate- MFC is female only and in my opinion (I have done b/g shows) and on SM guys can be jerks to the guy- I have had guys with over 8-9 inch cocks and they will say shit and be mean in general. My bf is slender build and guys called him fat- he is not fat, he has almost a 6 pack and he is very much in shape. Now not every guy on SM is a jerk but I found SM to be the worst as in for b/g camming (money wise as well). The best was Kinklive but there gone :( I think you guys would have more success on CB and if she chooses to do Streammate she would prob do very well there solo. Now I do know there are b/g couples on SM but not a lot (look at the first page) pretty much every single one is a girl (solo). I won't talk numbers in the public section of this forum but I made the most on CB with a guy.

I
I would suggest you choose neither as a couple and choose Chaturbate- MFC is female only and in my opinion (I have done b/g shows) and on SM guys can be jerks to the guy- I have had guys with over 8-9 inch cocks and they will say shit and be mean in general. My bf is slender build and guys called him fat- he is not fat, he has almost a 6 pack and he is very much in shape. Now not every guy on SM is a jerk but I found SM to be the worst as in for b/g camming (money wise as well). The best was Kinklive but there gone :( I think you guys would have more success on CB and if she chooses to do Streammate she would prob do very well there solo. Now I do know there are b/g couples on SM but not a lot (look at the first page) pretty much every single one is a girl (solo). I won't talk numbers in the public section of this forum but I made the most on CB with a guy.

Thanks for the info - I was actually on CB earlier today checking it out - there seemed to be a hell of a lot more traffic than SM, but the catch is that I found the exact opposite - guys were being real a-holes to the male performers (who, to be completely honest, were better endowed than I am!!! :-( ). Like mynameisbob84 mentioned though, I guess traffic is the all important factor. Not sure if my girlfriend or I would be comfortable doing solo at this early point in time, but always an option for the future I guess.

I also read on the forum that CB does have extra, offline, work involved - not sure what that would be though, and if it would be significantly more worth it?

Guys - you've all been awesome and so fast with responses, I really appreciate it!

I

Thanks for the info - I was actually on CB earlier today checking it out - there seemed to be a hell of a lot more traffic than SM, but the catch is that I found the exact opposite - guys were being real a-holes to the male performers (who, to be completely honest, were better endowed than I am!!! :-( ). Like mynameisbob84 mentioned though, I guess traffic is the all important factor. Not sure if my girlfriend or I would be comfortable doing solo at this early point in time, but always an option for the future I guess.

I also read on the forum that CB does have extra, offline, work involved - not sure what that would be though, and if it would be significantly more worth it?

Guys - you've all been awesome and so fast with responses, I really appreciate it!

The offline work on CB is nothing compared to MFC- also no matter which site you choose dudes are going to be asshats (its the truth) I found in my personal experience that they were less assholes on CB because couples cam more there and I think the guys there are used to seeing female/male couples. I am speaking about financial's as well - On CB you will make WAY more money than you will on Streammate- I mean unless you get super lucky but it seems to be a female dominated site where most the girls are solo and guys there don't want a dude. I tried camming with an ex and my current guy and Streammate he was asked to vacate the show more than a several times and the guy just wanted me; Where I am a solo performer I did not mind. Where as on CB I never had them ask a guy to leave and you can mute grey's and if greys are muted on CB I highly doubt you'll get to many negative comments. You should make an account on both- Stream on CB for 2 weeks and SM for 2 weeks and then check your earnings and see what works best for you both as a couple. Two weeks can give you a good time frame to see what you like best!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
You should make an account on both- Stream on CB for 2 weeks and SM for 2 weeks and then check your earnings and see what works best for you both as a couple. Two weeks can give you a good time frame to see what you like best!

I think we'll probably do that. Best idea ever! :)

What offline work do you need to do?

Thanks!!!

I think we'll probably do that. Best idea ever! :)

What offline work do you need to do?

Thanks!!!

For CB- none really- the only thing i can think of is sending video's if won during token keno. Other than that I never took anything offsite. Streammate there is no offline contact- video's are sent thro messaging system and members must email you first.

there seemed to be a hell of a lot more traffic than SM
Hands down, CB has a fuckton of traffic, no question.
I guess traffic is the all important factor.

Here's the catch- paying traffic is what you want. Having a room with 1000 viewers is more likely to bring in income, but not a guarantee. CB also has exhibitionists who'll get off on cam for free. That's tough competition when you're trying to convince people to pay to see your show. I personally prefer SM because they enforce their "no below-the-waist-nudity in free chat" rule, and this encourages members to pay to see shows. Couples shows can absolutely be successful there, it depends on the kind of room you build over time. I think part of why you see mostly solo females on their front page is because we don't need to instantly summon a visual lady-boner at a moment's notice for a show, and we can typically orgasm more often. If you're doing hardcore, there can be a bit of pressure on the guy to perform on the spot and finish within a set amount of time.
You should make an account on both- Stream on CB for 2 weeks and SM for 2 weeks and then check your earnings and see what works best for you both as a couple. Two weeks can give you a good time frame to see what you like best!

This is the best advice to take away. Try both and see what suits your style best. Most cam models have multiple sites they work on.

Couples shows can absolutely be successful there, it depends on the kind of room you build over time.

Try both and see what suits your style best. Most cam models have multiple sites they work on.

Again - thanks for the advice guys - We've been leaning more towards SM in any case and think that if anything may start there, at least for a few weeks. Anyway, my girl is back in the country in two days and we'll probably have a shit ton more questions before finally getting online... but when we do, I'll be sure to let ya'll know! :)

Reactions: CharlotteLace
Sorry one more question - Gold Shows on SM:

I see on the forum that that function is not automatic? What do you need to do to get to do Gold Shows then?

From their performer manual:
  • Stream in HD.
  • Stream with your audio enabled.
  • Average rating of 4.5 stars or higher.
  • Spend more time in paid chat. Try spending more time online to help you build a larger audience and have more paid shows.
I've always heard you need a minimum of 5, 5-star ratings, and they'll supposedly enable your account as soon as you hit the requirements. Some models have had to message support and request it, though. YMMV, but mine were enabled within a day or two on my new account.

I know this is unrelated but keeping everything in one thread for us to come back to later...

Webcams -720p still counts as HD right? or do you need a full HD 1080p cam to qualify for gold shows on SM? Is 720p good enough to stream high quality ?

I know this is unrelated but keeping everything in one thread for us to come back to later...

Webcams -720p still counts as HD right? or do you need a full HD 1080p cam to qualify for gold shows on SM? Is 720p good enough to stream high quality ?

I would use 1080 - the logitech c920 or c930e is most used around here. Even though 720 is still HD I believe with Streammate's new crazy HD settings you would need a 1080 camera.

Sorry to keep coming back with more and more questions!!!!

Managed to find the C920 :)

My girlfriend and I are based in cape Town, South Africa at the moment and I forgot to take into account South African Internet speeds - which aren't great!!!! I have a 4MB ADSL line at the moment would I need to get an upgrade or is 4MB sufficient for HD quality streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.