AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC rooms are getting more and more quiet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like i have a lot to prepare for summer time then if it gets slow. :c

When you ban someone on MFC can the room still see what that person said?
Yes, the room can still see it. MFC doesn't delete chat that has already been typed when you ban someone.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Always_Tim
A model who finished in the Top Ten last month posted a poll on Twitter today asking why people did not chat in her room. This happens to almost every model on MFC at one time or another and I understand why it is incredibly frustrating.

A model who finished in the Top Ten last month posted a poll on Twitter today asking why people did not chat in her room. This happens to almost every model on MFC at one time or another and I understand why it is incredibly frustrating.
Yeah. It's really embarrasing...especially since a lot of us models suffer from social issues, anxiety, etc:/

Yeah. It's really embarrasing...especially since a lot of us models suffer from social issues, anxiety, etc:/
Actually when I asked the OP about this topic, she said it was still a concern and blamed social anxiety issues for it. Goes to show how the chat aspect in a room takes the right people to get it going, if the model struggles to be that person then a quiet room at times is likely.

Since this is in the public section and it seems "MFC is dying OMG!" is a popular topic around the web lately, I figured I'd chime in here. There are tons of posts all over the place, and here in the Models Only section about Chaturbate being the same way. It's a camming thing, not just an MFC thing. Not only is camming a cyclical business, but it's also becoming more widely known and accepted by models and members alike. It is evolving as a whole, as well as going through the usual ups and downs.

It pains me to see (even the top top highest earning) models putting MFC on blast saying stuff like it's "dying and can't wait to leave" when they're still raking in so. much. money. at such a fast pace. The ebbs and flows are on any site, and sure, when starting out at some new site to escape MFC the novelty of it at first may be very appealing but eventually they'll feel the same way there, too...

Bah, I mean, I am averaging ranks in the 300-500 these days (which I still consider successful as hell) and I still feel completely grateful to MFC and want to support the site that brings so much to my life. They have their fair share of issues and improvements that could be made, but I could say that about any site, hell, any JOB out there. I don't think biting the hand that feeds you (so to speak) is a good look, so I avoid doing such and wish others would too. It's kind of creating this bandwagon effect and causing more and more negativity about it.

I went off on a tangent a bit there, but it's just EVERYWHERE lately and obvs been on my mind. :)

Slow rooms make you think more - and market better if you're in this for the right reasons :D
That's why I'm here (second post on this site) - I want to connect with models who are like-minded and with them share ideas and read about them already posted. Lots of reading to do - but with the right personality I find a slow room can flip with a smile and patients. TRUST sometimes both hurt to practice. I want to do this - those Top Ranking complaining models - and lower status models - just need to regroup :D

Since this is in the public section and it seems "MFC is dying OMG!" is a popular topic around the web lately, I figured I'd chime in here. There are tons of posts all over the place, and here in the Models Only section about Chaturbate being the same way. It's a camming thing, not just an MFC thing. Not only is camming a cyclical business, but it's also becoming more widely known and accepted by models and members alike. It is evolving as a whole, as well as going through the usual ups and downs.

It pains me to see (even the top top highest earning) models putting MFC on blast saying stuff like it's "dying and can't wait to leave" when they're still raking in so. much. money. at such a fast pace. The ebbs and flows are on any site, and sure, when starting out at some new site to escape MFC the novelty of it at first may be very appealing but eventually they'll feel the same way there, too...

Bah, I mean, I am averaging ranks in the 300-500 these days (which I still consider successful as hell) and I still feel completely grateful to MFC and want to support the site that brings so much to my life. They have their fair share of issues and improvements that could be made, but I could say that about any site, hell, any JOB out there. I don't think biting the hand that feeds you (so to speak) is a good look, so I avoid doing such and wish others would too. It's kind of creating this bandwagon effect and causing more and more negativity about it.

I went off on a tangent a bit there, but it's just EVERYWHERE lately and obvs been on my mind. :)

To be fair, I don't think stating that MFC is slow, or dying is biting the hand that feeds you. Facts are facts, and for a large chunk of models MFC is no longer an option because it stopped being profitable or it isn't nearly as profitable as it used to be. I have nothing against MFC, I wished it was still working because it is my favorite site, the classiest one, they pay on time and don't ban models for no reason, and I love that it is female only. There are many things that I appreciate about MFC but if the site is no longer what it used to be I will say so if asked. I am not going to maintain a fantasy that in my case is not true.

Perhaps saying MFC is dead is a blanket statement that shouldn't be made. I am sure there are many models who are still killing it and are unaffected by this trend. But a good chunk of models feel the same way I do and have decided to move on. There is no point in denying it when it is what it is. That doesn't mean I am not grateful to MFC for the time I worked with them.

Reactions: Sansa and Magnolia
To be fair, I don't think stating that MFC is slow, or dying is biting the hand that feeds you. Facts are facts, and for a large chunk of models MFC is no longer an option because it stopped being profitable or it isn't nearly as profitable as it used to be. I have nothing against MFC, I wished it was still working because it is my favorite site, the classiest one, they pay on time and don't ban models for no reason, and I love that it is female only. There are many things that I appreciate about MFC but if the site is no longer what it used to be I will say so if asked. I am not going to maintain a fantasy that in my case is not true.

Perhaps saying MFC is dead is a blanket statement that shouldn't be made. I am sure there are many models who are still killing it and are unaffected by this trend. But a good chunk of models feel the same way I do and have decided to move on. There is no point in denying it when it is what it is. That doesn't mean I am not grateful to MFC for the time I worked with them.
The girls I'm talking about also make snide commends about MFC frequently, so it goes beyond the basic disappointment of slow shifts.

Is been a year and things feel exactly the same. I don't complain or blame it on the members. When it feels like isnt working for an extended time i look to make some changes on my hours or style to make it .Some days are slow, some are great,but at the end of the day, pay period, I still make enough that is worth it. I've always had a good rank and average camscore.

I love MFC. Period. None of the other camsites (for myself at least), come close to comparison, Models, People, Interaction, Fun, they just do not compare, and since MFC is one of if not the highest paying sites to Models I can see why competition over the years has gotten pretty stiff. Tastes Change, people change what they like etc, and I really applaud the Models on the site that I constantly see adapting and making transition changes to bring so much to the members, its gotta be nuts trying to compete with so many people that have so many gimmicks, I certainly could not compete, I think you all are awesome. You bring me plenty of entertainment, site is so easy to use, been around for quite some time, have racked up a lot of friends here, Models included, I have seen some Models I really enjoy leave, and it well sucks, but they did what they thought was good for them, but I must say just outright bashing the site just because of slow days etc is a tad much to put on the site, its kinda putting it on the members as well when you blame the site, because all of us make up the site, through models doing the shows, through the members supporting the models, etc. Me personally if I hear a model complaining about the site or members on cam, that isn't what I go there for, I go for the models that strive and strive through the slow days etc until they meet that goal of where they want to be (or get back to). These are just my opinions but I will say on a census of regular people that I know and the many friends on the site I have made over the years, these are the models we tend to support almost 100% of the time. I love and enjoy all the models that work so hard to make my MFC experience that much better, thanks so much!
The girls I'm talking about also make snide commends about MFC frequently, so it goes beyond the basic disappointment of slow shifts.

The graph there shows that as income goes up, the percentage who get a refund goes down. Guys who have a lot of disposable income to spend on luxuries like camgirls tend toward higher incomes. Personally, I know that many of my regulars are self-employed, so very few refunds happening there (and I assume many of them pay quarterly as well, so that's three more slow periods during the year). Mileage may vary... I work late night/early morning, so I don't attract the typical 9-5er unless they're from Australia etc. :p

Re: MFC is dying

At the risk of opening a potentially poopy can of worms, would it be fair to argue that there's a difference between "I have fewer visitors to my room than I used to" and "MFC is dying"?

According to this website (I don't know how accurate it is) - https://www.similarweb.com/website/myfreecams.com#overview - MFC has more visitors now than it did 6 months ago. This could mean any number of things ranging from "fewer members are buying tokens" to "there are more models now and thus members are being spread more thinly" to "members are simply choosing to visit rooms other than yours" (I use the word "yours" in a very general sense). None of that necessarily points to MFC dying any time soon though.

Thought this was a thread about silent rooms with no one talking, this doesn't mean that the model is not doing well. It must be one of the harder parts of being a model, waiting for someone to want to talk?
No one talking is perhaps as common a complaint as no one tipping. It must be frustrating, boring, and feel like a lot of work constantly trying to initiate conversation (especially if it isn't comfortable for you to do)?

Are people still tipping/ spending on MFC?... more than ever. I can't speak for other members but for myself there are a few slower months and better months that I can spend a bit less or more, but the option to is usually pretty consistent.
Are rooms getting quieter in general (spending similar), over all of MFC?... maybe culture is shifting that way due to changing technology (mobile use, interactive toys etc.), more content sales, and more experience with social media use; more members not wanting to make a goose of ourselves, or to be called out to spend. Not that it is really our concern, it is up to models to work out if they are restricting or cutting off room chat.

If you have ever been the only member chatting to a model within a room full of others who can join in, it does feel uncomfortable. You really feel for the model, but you can't worry about that too much. All we can do as members is to let others join in when they choose to. The model must choose to lead the chat in a way that enables it, especially in being aware of those members that can help with chat in their room most.

I know this is off topic, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
I am happy i stumbled upon this thread, I feel bad that some of you are having the same issues about quiet rooms/not tipping/slow days, but sometimes it is nice to see that I am not alone in this issue. Since I am still trying to get my camscore up to the 4-5k range, it is the hardest challenge/struggle because this is the "make it or break it" score. I hear so many models tell me that camscore isn't important, but they are lying. It is. Most chatty/interactive/money spending premiums typically only scroll down to the most.....maybe 10th row? If that, i know before I joined mfc and watched models, I always watched models with 4k+ camscores....why? Because I got tired scrolling down the bar to check out a model. The gents probably feel the same way. When there are a lot of models online, the competition gets thicker, especially since new models are signing up everyday. This could also explain why some rooms are quiet, check your camscore, see WHERE you fall at the time you are logged on. Are you too far down the page for a member to want to scroll down to find you? Sometimes I log off simply because TOO many high camscore models are online and people are just NOT finding my room. Other times I log on and I am on the 6th row and get a ton of people talking, interacting, TIPPING because it was a lot easier to find me. Just a thought~

For what it's worth it can be just as weird to be the only person chatting and tipping in a room.

This is super awkward. If there's only a few people in the room I can understand it but when there are lots of other people I end up thinking should I keep going to avoid total silence or am I overdoing it making other people not want to talk. I end up never knowing what the right thing to do is.

Reactions: Roger
The graph there shows that as income goes up, the percentage who get a refund goes down. Guys who have a lot of disposable income to spend on luxuries like camgirls tend toward higher incomes. Personally, I know that many of my regulars are self-employed, so very few refunds happening there (and I assume many of them pay quarterly as well, so that's three more slow periods during the year). Mileage may vary... I work late night/early morning, so I don't attract the typical 9-5er unless they're from Australia etc. :p
Additionally and most importantly people who get refunds don't wait until April to file their taxes. People who get refunds file their taxes in late January early February. Anyone waiting until April is most definitely paying taxes and that's why they are waiting.

I hear so many models tell me that camscore isn't important, but they are lying. It is. Most chatty/interactive/money spending premiums typically only scroll down to the most.....maybe 10th row?

That's assuming that members sort models by camscore which they don't always do.

According to this website (I don't know how accurate it is) - https://www.similarweb.com/website/myfreecams.com#overview - MFC has more visitors now than it did 6 months ago. This could mean any number of things ranging from "fewer members are buying tokens" to "there are more models now and thus members are being spread more thinly" to "members are simply choosing to visit rooms other than yours" (I use the word "yours" in a very general sense). None of that necessarily points to MFC dying any time soon though.

There are definitely more models on now than 12 months ago. I'm usually online in the mornings or afternoons (GMT), and until last year there were usually 1200 models on a good day, now it's often 1600. So 30 per cent more models is a lot compared to that 5 to 10 per cent increase in traffic.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Re: MFC is dying

At the risk of opening a potentially poopy can of worms, would it be fair to argue that there's a difference between "I have fewer visitors to my room than I used to" and "MFC is dying"?

I somehow missed this brilliant post when it was new. Otherwise I would have immediately applauded it and then posted it to Twitter (which I shall do both now.)

giphy.gif

Also this might be very much a generalization, but for the most part, those with a greater income are better at managing money. No one has to pay taxes through their employer, and really anyone can receive the full amount of their paycheck if so desired. For those who can manage money well, this means being able to put this money into savings and getting to keep the interest off of it. Of course, this means they still they have to pay taxes, just they won't exactly get a refund because there is nothing to refund.

Ditto on the "self-employed." A lot of my regs work as contractors in IT, or as lawyers, etc. Those tend to be the type who contribute most.

One for the "MFC is dying" comments. Was it ... 3 years ago that many "top" models would be topless/naked for less than 1000 token topics. I used to frequent one of those rooms (okay, maybe that was 4 years ago - time goes so fast!) and the conversation was very flowing and fast.

Now I regularly see 6000+ token topics just to get topless. If i'm not interested in knowing the model, that topic is huge and will take a while. Meh.

But rooms with much lower topics are similarly quiet/dead. So it can't just be topic inflation either; I also don't tend to visit those rooms anyhew.

I'd assume the reason they're quiet is that they have no interest in talking, getting to know you, or possibly you as an individual whatsoever. Not quite sure what the "solution" would be. Others may fear the feeling of having to tip, talking draws attention and makes you feel obligated.

Then again, maybe members just get jaded. Talk leads to obligation to tip, or being pressured, or... who knows. So not talking leads to no pressure/obligation and you're free to just look.

I'd echo that the site isn't dying, and it may even have more tokens spent on it than ever before. Just... things have changed.

No one has to pay taxes through their employer, and really anyone can receive the full amount of their paycheck if so desired.

This is not correct. At least not in Canada. We had people try to pull this off, and when there was a routine audit, the employer and employee had to remit unpaid pension plan (think Social Security), medicare and unemployment insurance contributions, as well as a penalty. If more than a certain percentage of your income comes from a single employer, you are deemed an employee. But then, you can get away with anything until you're audited.

This is not correct. At least not in Canada. We had people try to pull this off, and when there was a routine audit, the employer and employee had to remit unpaid pension plan (think Social Security), medicare and unemployment insurance contributions, as well as a penalty. If more than a certain percentage of your income comes from a single employer, you are deemed an employee. But then, you can get away with anything until you're audited.
It is also not the case in the US.

Ladies and gentlemen, I teach economics and this is a simple case of supply and demand. 5 Years ago MFC did not have 100,000 ACTIVE models. On peak nights there would be 200 or 300 models competing. On peak nights now there are 2 or 3 thousand. It is a simple case of supply and demand. The demand for models is the same as it was 5 years ago, but the supply of models is now ten times higher. This means that the average amount of earnings as well as the average amount of people in each model's room has to go down. It is an unfortunate truth of competition.

MFC is NOT dead. Just as many of my friends and acquaintances check MFC out daily or weekly as did 5 years ago. There are just a lot more models and options now. Perhaps from the model's perspective it is "dying," but I assure you the traffic is as high or higher than it has ever been.

Tokens isn't a guarantee they are gonna be part of the room group.
This is certainly a factor. It helps to have a group of members who are able to keep the conversation flowing, but at the same time this can be a negative for engaging new members. Not only do they have to consider the model, they have to consider the pecking order/hierarchy of the room. Suddenly a way to relax just became a lot of effort. At the very least, it doesn't hurt to observe the room to see the personalities and how things work. N.B. It doesnt help that mfc introduced moderators a while back throwing more grendades/variables into the mix.

I was thinking of a guy having some money to spare comes to MFC and theres a ton of girls, he picks one and wants to have fun. But then he learn that no she doesn't do that, she has her own personal rules, other then site general rules. And that every room and model is different and suddenly having money and willing to spend isn't enough.Model he chose doesn't do private, or only does at schedule.
There's one thing to get turned down in real life but another (generalising a bit) to be turned down on a porn site. If a model doesn't mention private in her topic or on her profile, then I assume that she doesn't do it. Then I see whether I want to contribute to the room and if it would be worth my time/money/effort, or if I should just observe.

Other model doesn't like way he talks, is too rude and she blocks him. And now he feels like having a wank ain't that easy at it seemed. So he prefer to lie back and just become a observer.
I can't say that I've had that problem or made the assumption that all models/rooms are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.