AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC & Social interaction for models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
I was lurking in a models room tonight and she was talking about how she doesn't have a social life... And MFC made her life easier because she had people she could talk to through out the day... And I found myself fascinated with what she was saying for some reason... I've heard other models say they didn't have a life & or many friends... And saw an unrelated thread on here a week or so ago where several models made reference to the fact they didn't have much of a social life

The most common reason I've heard a model say they don't have a social life is because they are shy in the real world... But there are some models that have said this that have pretty large personalities on cam... and at times I've find it hard to believe they don't have a social life... And then there are some models where I suspected MFC was their whole lives

Would any models like to comment on the subject? If you don't have much of a social life... Would you like to share why? Does MFC help make your day better by interacting with MFC members? Do you find it easier to interact with the members on MFC than people in real life? Has learning to interact with MFC members helped you deal with people in your real life?

Most of you work 9-5 jobs. We cam when you're free. It so happens that's the time people who'd be our friends offline are free, too.

It's kind of hard to go out when the best times to cam are 6pm-3am for most of us, and taking extra days off hurts us in more ways than you can even imagine. Are your friends planning a random party this Friday? Too late, you already planned/promoted/budgeted/invested in a special show Friday and you know how your fans take it if you "let them down."

We're lucky so many of you are worthy of being called our friends.

I am one of these models with no friends or social life. I live far away from all my family and old friends and all of my local friends bailed when they found out what I do. It's a small town and new friends are hard to come by. The rumor monster is large here but I've come to accept I'm the town whore. Unworthy of invitations to any of the old social gatherings I used to frequent.
So... MFC has become my social gathering and I'm lucky to have such an awesome group to hang with.
Someday I plan to move back home but certain situations right now are keeping me here. It's frustrating at times but I'm ok with it.
I'm only a little socially awkward but it's hard not to be when everyone is whispering to each other.

Reactions: RedHerby1
I'm generally a social butterfly, but one thing I'm horrible with is keeping IRL friends. I don't have a car and don't go to school with/live kind of far from a lot of the people I've come to know and love, so it's way easier for me to keep online friends! Luckily, I do have a small group of friends that drive down to see my sorry (but cute) ass once in a while, and I love them mucho. And, of course, I do have a lot of "school friends," but I don't really hang out with them outside of classes (or any University functions). I suppose I should consider all those people my friends, but, to be honest, I feel closer with my guys on MFC than I do with those people!

And even though I looooove to socialize and I don't think I'm too hard to be around (I hope), it's just difficult for me to keep up with people when I can't just talk to them online....

MFC and WoW are my social life ;) Oh, and I watch a LOT of Netflix with my long-distance boyfriend over Skype. It's cute :)

I have a touch of social anxiety and agoraphobia. I don't like being around new people or going out of my bubble for periods of time. So the few people who've tried to befriend me find quickly that I'm not much fun. I'd rather be at home hanging with my hubby or tinkering in the Internet. It's much easier for me to interact with people in cyberspace.

So I'm exactly like the girl you mentioned. :)

like amber, I find it easier to interact in cyberspace. I always have - before camming. I get social anxiety sometimes and have problems verbalizing.

I'm far far away from family and friends - having moved from New Zealand to America and after building relationships in a small town, then moved far far across the country.

The events and friends I do make unfortunately are all at kink related events like munches etc. And most of these occur in evening time or weekends. It makes it hard to get to them.

Sometimes, I also find it very isolating not being able to discuss something as simple as my job freely with new friends. Thats why i tend to lean into the kink community because they'll tend to be more accepting.

I think I also have the Agoraphobia.. I just like home better than anywhere else. Friends, I had them but they all used me for money, moved away or just stopped being my friend.. the real friends all live 3000 miles away. I suppose the real world hasn't been so kind, so I am a bit reclusive when it comes to friendship. When people ask me to hang out I get pretty scared and nervous. I say yes, and then I'll think of every excuse to stay at home.

I think there is a reason we find camming to be so rewarding. I get friendship, lasting friendship out of it. When an online friend disappears it doesn't hurt as much as when a real friend disappears.

It's so nice to see I'm not the only one!

I tried life outside of my home. Parties, hanging out, meeting up at various social events, only to find myself wanting to get back home ASAP. It's not that I didn't have fun, but the anxiety and stress of my forced lifestyle came to a head just as I was getting more and more into camming. Being a camgirl opened up a different social medium for me. I could be sexually open, silly, and I could ban anyone who tried to make me feel bad about myself. I found that my confidence began to rise to the point where I stopped forcing myself to be someone I'm not.

Now to answer the questions:

If you don't have much of a social life... Would you like to share why?
Being physically social with people has never really been my thing. It could be that I was wildly unpopular as a kid and looked to the internet for my social interraction, but I also have social anxiety- the pressure to please and an extreme sense of guilt no matter what I do.

Does MFC help make your day better by interacting with MFC members?
If I'm feeling social, then yes! Sometimes I'll get online (perhaps not MFC at this time) just to talk about something or be silly. I'm also bipolar, so I get fits of hyperactivity that camming is literally perfect for.

Do you find it easier to interact with the members on MFC than people in real life?
Yes. When people are watching my cam, I know that they're on to watch and have no qualms about me showing my boobles or being a Umicorm. That guy in the grocery line or the girl cutting my hair? There is a good chance that they'd consider me scum of the earth with no self esteem and desperate for attention. Because I find this outrageously incorrect, stupid, and annoying, I'd rather hang with the people who already know I do this, accept it, and maybe even enjoy it with me! And if they find out, I channel my Hester Prynne and strut back to my house of love, orgasms, and acceptance.

Has learning to interact with MFC members helped you deal with people in your real life?
It has helped me realize that I don't have to deal with them. I'm still polite and courteous, but I don't go out of my way anymore to make other people feel good by making me feel worse. It's helped me live a little more on the stress-free side.

In person, I am terrible at small talk and chatting with people who aren't part of my small, close group of friends. On cam, I find it a lot easier to chat about most everything.

I have become less social as of late but I feel like a big part of it is just the novelty of going to bars wearing off. I'd be more social if my friends liked to hang out in situations that didn't have to involve drinking all the time, but otherwise I usually chat via facebook or something with them or on the few occasions where I'll go out.

It is nice to have MFC because I find myself having really enjoyable conversations that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I moved around a lot growing up and I am so used to short term friendships that I can't allow myself to get very close to people. I would rather stay home than go out to a party or a club (I have never been to either by the way). I am happy with my family and my bf... working online has been a great stress reliever for me. MFC has actually boosted my confidence by allowing me to practice building relationships from the comfort of my own home. =)

I'm very social. I love to go out, club, dance, and party! I love meeting new people. With that said, to do all those things you need $. To get $ I have to cam. I am the type of person where it's never enough. I set a goal, achieve it and set an even higher one. It's kind of addicting. Because of that, I think, "would I rather cam or go out???" "Hmmmmm cam." After turning down so many parties, people stop asking you to go. I still have friends. If I want to go out, I can. I just choose not to. But I go out a few times a month and that's enough for me, as of now. :)

Reactions: DudeExtreme
I can relate with what a lot of the girls are saying. I have worked a lot of night jobs and I was at work when most people are out having fun. Also I very open and funny when I am in my comfort zone. If I get dragged to a club or party I am very quiet and shy. So these girls that are very open on cam well what is more safe then your home and also you have that wonderful ban button, I would prob go out more if I could ban people in real life.

I have agoraphobia. Leaving the house alone often leaves me with severe panic attacks. I've managed to find a way to deal with going to school alone but I still have some freak outs and get panicy if class runs late. I get panic attacks and am very socially disfunctional. The only reason I can function online is because I'm looking at a computer screen and not a person. I don't just dislike cam2cam because it slows my bandwidth down. I'm not super good at dealing with people online but I'm better at it than dealing with people offline.
Just remember, when I seem bubbly when I'm cam it's only because I'm smiling at my own reflection and not another person. :) The only person I'm halfway decent at socializing with is my roommate.

Reactions: AerynShade
While I wouldn't say that I'm totally anti-social and I'm certainly better about RL interaction than I used to be, but I've battled with social anxiety most of my life and online communication in general has been a godsend for my ability to function as a social human being. Even my RL friends interact with me more often online than off. I wouldn't say camming has yet to be terribly fruitful in terms of becoming a social life per se... but I certainly could see how it could become that way.

I don't have a very big social life, which stems from moving around a lot growing up, currently living far from my old friends and family, and not having a normal job or school where I can meet people.

I also have insane social anxiety, and I feel a lot better about it after reading this thread.

When I first read this I wondered if it were about me. I am on MFC every single day (except for Sundays now because I go watch Walking Dead with a regular from MFC [that sounds even weirder]).

I never really take days off - except recently - I needed time off I was getting burnt out. But really being on MFC with my regulars and hanging out with them is the only social interaction that I actually get. I don't have friends in real life. I spend most of my time sitting around on Skype when I am not on MFC and even then I am talking with my regulars.

I have anxiety and depression so it makes me not very much fun at all. I have been in Austin for the last two years and the only friends I actually made were co-workers and even then they were fucking idiots.

I am overly critical of people. Most of the people I have been friends with were jackasses with no brains that used me for everything I had.

So now, I just kinda hang out at home and watch movies all day. I am single, but I have two cats, so that makes it slightly less lonely. :p I actually don't mind not going out. I hate crowded places and no one has been able to make me laugh as some of my regulars do.

We do shows sometimes, but a lot of them really just want someone to talk to :)

Take a very physical girl. You know, the kind who wants to hug everyone she meets. Make her go through a childhood where all her peers considered her the most disgusting thing that ever walked the earth. Give her a huge sense of wanting to give people what they want, and enough paranoia to keep her from touching anyone. That's me.

See why I don't go out? I want to touch them, but I can't, because 1- it's not socially acceptable, and 2- I'm afraid that doing so will make them want to rape me.

Plus, I have a low tolerance for idiocy. And people are idiots. (Yes, I do realize this means I'm an idiot too... why yes, I do have issues. Why do you ask?)

Reactions: Rose
LadyLuna said:
Take a very physical girl. You know, the kind who wants to hug everyone she meets. Make her go through a childhood where all her peers considered her the most disgusting thing that ever walked the earth. Give her a huge sense of wanting to give people what they want, and enough paranoia to keep her from touching anyone. That's me.

See why I don't go out? I want to touch them, but I can't, because 1- it's not socially acceptable, and 2- I'm afraid that doing so will make them want to rape me.

Plus, I have a low tolerance for idiocy. And people are idiots. (Yes, I do realize this means I'm an idiot too... why yes, I do have issues. Why do you ask?)
And where do I sign up for my subscription??? ;)

I do not have fears of people or anything like that,but when I make new friends I always think is this person going to be like the last and back stab me maybe let out my secrets and hurt me?I just have trust issues. A couple past friends I have had wither let out a secret that was between me and her (almost lost my bf ). Or had me in a fear that I could not be myself or dress as myself cause they did not like they way I dressed they said it was too slutty and I am like well the school board has not said anything yet so I'll keep on wearing what I'm wearing.The kept saying how slutty I looked and shit and all I was showing was bit of cleavage and so were most of the others in highschool so I left them behind when they are like hey and write their phone number down like we are the best of pals.

So I am trying my best to find new friends to hang out with and hopefully this friendship that I am just starting will be a good one.I really fear of being alone so I want to find someone who I have in common with .I really hope this works out.

LadyLuna said:

I am too and I will gladly take all of your hugs and cuddles. People are so stupid oh she likes to hug people and likes to be affectionate she is gross wtf?People should be affectionate towards eachother and not be so damn jelly about being touched.

i am not too much of a hermit. i have about 6 very close friends, they are all friends with my husband too and they are like my family as my real family is too fucked for words and both the people who raised me have died. i love my friends so much . le sigh im about to have not much of a social life though thats the only thing that sucks about the move. im actually shyer on cam than i am with my friends because they know me , know my neurosis and still love me for them. on cam im pretty quiet because its like meeting hundreds of strangers in a night and ive never been good with strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.