AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know MFC looks a bit old but but do they also need to make CamYou look GeoCities old with an under construction sign? :D
MoMotorCity2429constructbar.gif
OMG YES PLEASE I WOULD UNIRONICALLY LOVE THIS

Wait... if camyou is still in alpha/beta testing, and haven't officially launched... then why are they advertising it already? They have ads up on chatavenue.com in the adult chat section. Who knows where else they're doing it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I had a long talk with Leo about CamYou in Denver. I'll bullet-point some of the more important topics that were discussed here.

• They weren't planning to launch it when it did, but since that happened, CamYou is officially out of Beta testing. Use it all you want, to try new ideas and hang out with your regulars.
  • You CAN cam in public, but no one that isn't registered is allowed to be up close on cam with you. Basically, don't actually carry on conversations with non-verified people. It is perfectly okay to cam from public places that have children there since you aren't doing anything adult-oriented.
  • The mobile app for CamYou was taken down once before due to the app store thinking it was too XXX. However, they changed some more things, and got it put back up. It's supposed to be pretty easy to use/navigate, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • They are working on making it so that we can cam from the app on our phone. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more as it develops.
  • They are starting to advertise in bigger places, and they're gonna keep advertising more and more to get the word out about it. Basically, once they REALLY start advertising, we'll be getting a lot of traffic from outside sources instead of just our regulars/word-of-mouth.
That's all that I can remember right now. Between all of that and the new password-protected rooms on MFC that they're working on, I am SUPER excited for the future of both sites!

I had a long talk with Leo about CamYou in Denver. I'll bullet-point some of the more important topics that were discussed here.

• They weren't planning to launch it when it did, but since that happened, CamYou is officially out of Beta testing. Use it all you want, to try new ideas and hang out with your regulars.
  • You CAN cam in public, but no one that isn't registered is allowed to be up close on cam with you. Basically, don't actually carry on conversations with non-verified people. It is perfectly okay to cam from public places that have children there since you aren't doing anything adult-oriented.
  • The mobile app for CamYou was taken down once before due to the app store thinking it was too XXX. However, they changed some more things, and got it put back up. It's supposed to be pretty easy to use/navigate, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • They are working on making it so that we can cam from the app on our phone. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more as it develops.
  • They are starting to advertise in bigger places, and they're gonna keep advertising more and more to get the word out about it. Basically, once they REALLY start advertising, we'll be getting a lot of traffic from outside sources instead of just our regulars/word-of-mouth.
That's all that I can remember right now. Between all of that and the new password-protected rooms on MFC that they're working on, I am SUPER excited for the future of both sites!
Thanks for sharing that. I've always liked the idea of CamYou but it always seems abandoned when I'm online. I hope once they start really promoting it the site grows. It might not ever be a competitor for say Twitch but I like the idea of having a non adult streaming option where the models don't have to worry about cam score simply because they are online.

Password protected rooms? Like ticket shows on CB? I like that idea! I'm glad to hear MFC is looking for ways to improve. Very exciting indeed.

Reactions: TacoBelle
Password protected rooms? Like ticket shows on CB? I like that idea! I'm glad to hear MFC is looking for ways to improve. Very exciting indeed.
People have literally been begging MFC for this for years but they always had their reasons for declining to implement it. I Have a slightly educated guess to a couple reasons they may have reconsidered: clubs on Share, and obs not working with group and private.

People have literally been begging MFC for this for years but they always had their reasons for declining to implement it. I Have a slightly educated guess to a couple reasons they may have reconsidered: clubs on Share, and obs not working with group and private.

Yeah, I think you're right about the clubs thing, cause he was really pushing for us to try that. He thinks that every model should have at least one club that is really low, like 5 tokens, just to get people interested and used to using Share. I don't really know what I would offer for 5 tokens, but it seems like an easy way to get new people to try it out.

Yeah, I think you're right about the clubs thing, cause he was really pushing for us to try that. He thinks that every model should have at least one club that is really low, like 5 tokens, just to get people interested and used to using Share. I don't really know what I would offer for 5 tokens, but it seems like an easy way to get new people to try it out.

Iris iris iris. Look at the little gif at the bottom of your posts here. The answer is obvious. Call it the "King's High '5' Club." Then stock it with short videos of King doing his tricks.

PASSWORD PROTECTED ROOMS GET THE FUCK OUT IM LOSING MY MIND WITH HAPPY!
... I mean. That’s cool.

Anyone got updates on whats going on with Cammunity? I checked it out today and only one lady was online. Zzzzz Is it still a thing? Is it worth it?

Anyone got updates on whats going on with Cammunity? I checked it out today and only one lady was online. Zzzzz Is it still a thing? Is it worth it?
I think the most I've ever seen on at one time was four people. I have hope that MFC puts some effort and money behind it to help it grow because the idea is good. I think if you have a fan base that will turn out if you are online then it might be worth it. For drawing in viewers cold though, I don't think there is enough traffic right now.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I think they're probably waiting to get OBS working smoothly before they drop their dimes on advertisement/traffic for CamYou. And as you can keep up with in this thread here, it's still got a bunch of kinks to workout.

So CamYou itself may not be in "beta" anymore, it's not really a "thing" yet, in my opinion. Not until they push it hard enough to get traffic other than girls bringing their MFC people to their streams at CY.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
I just noticed that MFC has dropped the Camyou part from the bar at the top of the homepage.

No idea what this means. Maybe it's being silently killed off. Maybe they're just putting on the backburner to be brought back later.

For anyone who was looking forward to this the signs don't look good.

I just noticed that MFC has dropped the Camyou part from the bar at the top of the homepage.

No idea what this means. Maybe it's being silently killed off. Maybe they're just putting on the backburner to be brought back later.

For anyone who was looking forward to this the signs don't look good.
I think if there’s no models online at cy it won’t show up.

Re awaking this... but I have not been able to cam on camyou in 3 months i have sent countless emails, contacted them on twitter nothing! when i try to stream on CamYou I get this error message "Your account may not broadcast on Camyou"
I even contacted MFC but they seem to ignore my messages when its about CamYou. I really enjoyed using CamYou.
anyone else had this problem?

Re awaking this... but I have not been able to cam on camyou in 3 months i have sent countless emails, contacted them on twitter nothing! when i try to stream on CamYou I get this error message "Your account may not broadcast on Camyou"
I even contacted MFC but they seem to ignore my messages when its about CamYou. I really enjoyed using CamYou.
anyone else had this problem?

Have you gotten any warnings from them in the past? I've never heard of any models getting that message before.

Status
Not open for further replies.