AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Misconceptions regarding where you live

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im from NOLA, never heard of cousin Grinding... anyone care to enlighten me?

the misconceptions people have asked about me have so far all been true

we do stay out too late
everyone has snuck into bars on burbon for mardi gras
i do speak french
i say bless your heart all the time
our idea of a vacation is getting drunk on the beach
I am a freak in the sheets and a Lady on the streets
i do love country, rap, R&b, jazz, pop ,rock, we are very diverse in our music here
our king cakes, bengiets, and french vanilla coffee is the best ever!

i guess being from nola no one thinks we are incest ridden sibling f*ckers lol.

Reactions: eyeteach
Went to NYC on a trip. Was warned about rude people and it being dangerous.

Manhattan, where I spent my time, was filled with nice people and was a blast.

Shut up
We are all assholes, and are out to get you

RAWR!!!!!!!!

:shame::happy:;)

Gingerhobbit I live in Sweet Home Alabama, believe it or not we do have sex shops here. There's even a place in Mobile that sells used sex toys.

I shit you not, used sex toys.

I hope they at least take the time to wash and sterilize them first :)

I hope they at least take the time to wash and sterilize them first :)

Gotta be honest, I neither asked nor bought anything so truthfully I don't know; hopefully someone did sterilize those things.

I am from England, luckily I have yet to come across any misconceptions. Apart from the whole "I love your accent", bearing in mind I probably have one of the most least desirable British accents :wtf: but hey it is a compliment, I will take it. ;)
Oh sorry I forgot the whole "so do you know prince harry". I wish! :nailbiting:
When it comes to Americans, I've found none of us have a "least desirable" English accent. London, southern, northern, BBC rehearsed, we hear an accent we fall over ourselves. :playful:

Reactions: TacoBelle
When it comes to Americans, I've found none of us have a "least desirable" English accent. London, southern, northern, BBC rehearsed, we hear an accent we fall over ourselves. :playful:

I'd say that that also extends to Irish, Scottish, and Australian accents as well. It's hard for the typical 'Murican to decipher small (to us) differences in dialect, so we're just excited that they all sound so fancy!

On the same note, anyone who speaks English as a second language usually has a sweet accent when they talk. Take @GweenBlack for example. Her accent is just the cutest thing! I know so many people worry that they'll be judged/criticized for their accent when English isn't their first language, but generally, we find it endearing.

Went to NYC on a trip. Was warned about rude people and it being dangerous.

Manhattan, where I spent my time, was filled with nice people and was a blast.

NY is awesome. :) Many New Yorkers are "real" and more blunt when it comes to letting you know what they think. When Frank Sinatra sang "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere," I always wondered if he was referring to "the mean streets" of certain sections of New York, or if he was referring to the fact that New York was/is considered the hub of the music industry...an industry where you have to have a thick skin and prepare yourself for lots of competition.

I lived in Long Island, NY for two years, and had even picked up a little accent while I was there. It's a little sad, though, looking out the Amtrak train window and not seeing the Twin Towers anymore. I remember the sight of the Twin Towers used to get me so hyped about my arrival.

I'd say that that also extends to Irish, Scottish, and Australian accents as well. It's hard for the typical 'Murican to decipher small (to us) differences in dialect, so we're just excited that they all sound so fancy!

On the same note, anyone who speaks English as a second language usually has a sweet accent when they talk. Take @GweenBlack for example. Her accent is just the cutest thing! I know so many people worry that they'll be judged/criticized for their accent when English isn't their first language, but generally, we find it endearing.

HAHAHA you cutie. :h:

also: IN BRAZIL WE SPEAK PORTUGUESE NOT SPANISH WE ACTUALLY HATE SPANISH BECAUSE EVERYTIME PEOPLE ASK HOLA HABLAS ESPANOL AND NO, NÓS NAO FALAMOS ESPANHOL

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

(dont take it too harsh, its not)
(also, we dont spanish, we portuguese)

@GweenBlack believe it or not I knew y'all spoke Portuguese! WOO HOO! Chalk one up to the U.S public school system!

Status
Not open for further replies.