AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

misscammodel website

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
Just very curious about this site. They have been down for quite some time with the message 'We have experienced a major hacking incident and are currently trying to get the website fully working again soon.' on their homepage. But it seems if they just had an incident like that it should have been back up by now. Hell, just reloading the page and temporarily disabling money transactions for safety should have taken less than two hours tops.
Also I know the last month that it was up the winner did not get the prize money. And in talking with some of the models they've mentioned there was a very high limit amount that had to be reached before they could take out any money from their account.

So, I don't want to go all paranoid here, but I think the question needs to be asked. Was this site a scam? Did any model get paid out from them? To me it's looking like the money was taken and running ensued.

I read the introductory post from the 'secret model' creator of the site on here (doing a search for the site name) and to tell you the truth that just smacks of weird (and rather shady) not telling anyone who you are when there's money involved.

Any models out there have any experiences with this site? Did any of you get paid? Was anyone paid in the last few months before they closed it down? Does anyone actually know the owner in person?

What do you mean by 'quite some time'? Hours, days, weeks?

I admittedly don't know anything about this site, had never even heard of it before today, actually. It's possible that the person/people running it are doing other maintenance things as well as fixing the hacking issue.

AllisonWilder said:

I admittedly don't know anything about this site, had never even heard of it before today, actually. It's possible that the person/people running it are doing other maintenance things as well as fixing the hacking issue.

The last model to win it was October. She didn't get paid and it's been down since. If it is just maintenance I'd fire the webmaster and replace him with a third grader. It would be fixed faster.

AllisonWilder said:
I remember this site. It seemed cool, but I didn't visit it that often. On twitter (Nov 9, 2012) they said the site was experiencing a serious hacking attack and later (Nov 17) they had to close the site for a bit due to hacking. Since then, they never said anything else about MissCamModel, at least not on twitter, and started promoting a new webcam site created by them. It seems the site never came back. So, I'd say it is under maintenance for 2 months.

@jodeum, if you need to contact them, visit iTokens, the platform they created to process purchases. It is still up and running, and there are some email addresses at the bottom of the page.

;)

MyCamgirl said:
I remember this site. It seemed cool, but I didn't visit it that often. On twitter (Nov 9, 2012) they said the site was experiencing a serious hacking attack and later (Nov 17) they had to close the site for a bit due to hacking. Since then, they never said anything else about MissCamModel, at least not on twitter, and started promoting a new webcam site created by them. It seems the site never came back. So, I'd say it is under maintenance for 2 months.

@jodeum, if you need to contact them, visit iTokens, the platform they created to process purchases. It is still up and running, and there are some email addresses at the bottom of the page.

;)

itokens.com doesn't seem to be up at the moment. I'll keep trying them. It seems this establishment collected money from people, didn't pay out to the models it was supposed to go to. Then kept the money, closed down and, from what you just said, have now started a new site to do it all over again. Interesting. Gee, where do i sign up to send them money?

I won their monthly voting contest some time in 2012. I already have forgotten what month because its an incident I'd rather sooner forget. The prize payout was original in the hundreds of dollars but they conveniently failed to provide an update any where on there site informing us that the prize amount had change. After busting my butt for votes I find out by twitter communication with them that the prize pool was reduced to a very small percentage of the total "donated tokens." It worked out to something really pathetic, like under $20. After confronting them on twitter they tried to pacify me by tossing me $40 or so. They emailed me asking for pictures to post on site for winning the contest, which I emailed to them. I figured I'd at least get some free publicity out of the hard earned win. The emailed pictures never appeared on the site. No updates were made following my win to the monthly winner section.

In summary, if the site ever does come back up. AVOID AT ALL COST! Shady as f***!

*Edit: they also have $4-5 of mine...they can keep the change, those filthy animals XD

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.