AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model ratings - are they important? Can I remove it from my profile?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyBrooks

Cam Model
Jan 17, 2017
Las Vegas
www.dirtylittleivy.com
Twitter Username
@dirtylittleivy
Tumblr Username
dirtylittleivy
Chaturbate Username
Dirtylittleivy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000562474/Ivy-Brooks/
Hello,
I am cleaning up my profile a bit and I was thinking about removing the "Rating" section of my profile. It seems to me that it's kind of pointless, since people typically go by Cam Score to quantify the success of a model.
I know how to remove the section, but I was wondering - would that hurt me at all? I'm assuming it would disallow members from being able to rate me (unless there is some other way they can access that rating option). If I don't get many ratings, does that have any negative repercussions? I think I read somewhere that ratings factor into Cam Score...is that true?

Let me know all the info you have about model ratings. Thanks!

I've had mine off of my profile for almost 2 years. Except for the annoying guy still trying to say "rated and admired you bb" or "Aww I can't rate you" it has no effect! lol

Reactions: n_i_c_u
Read so much of this blog. Thank you all for the incredible amount of helpful knowledge.
Would like to know how a situation works though. When you are having someone else appear in a video with you. Im aware they must too submit proof of identification, but how does payment work for that person? Do you pay them a one time fee for being in that video, or a royalty fee for every time the video they are in makes money? You wouldn't pay them a percentage of what you earn, for instance of you have 300 videos and they are only in 25 videos, it wouldn't be right to pay them half or a quarter of what you get.
Just tryingto figure out how it works when you use other people. Thank you.

• Funny!
Reactions: n_i_c_u
Rating does not "do" anything, but neither do "likes" on FB. They are a little thing that allows members to see how many members have a good opinion of you, and they also allow them to show their own appreciation without having to spend tokens.

I know of people that have removed theirs because lame ass basics with 100 accounts come in and down rate them a 1 star, which in turn gives them an overall lower, like 1 or 2 star rating, which isn't accurate when you have assholes doing that. Personally I would hide it, only because basics can rate. I think MFC should only allow Premium members to rate models, you are not just rating the profile, you are also rating the model as a whole and people do look at that just from a consumer point of view, whether it affects the money they make, cam score etc (which I know it does not)...people do look at it. Also, models can mute basics, ban etc but they have no control over basics being able to down rate them over and over again on multiple easy to obtain email accounts and until they make it a premium feature I personally would not want it on my profile knowing for a fact they do this and do it more than people would think. ...Again though just my one and a half cents.

It actually cut down on the amount of people asking for a rating in exchange for stuff LOL

Even the simple "rated and admired" after not tipping one token while chatting up the model gets on my nerves a little bit. It is almost like dudes think that is a compliment (which I am guessing it is not, but I am not a model). I guess it adds to the chat but so does a 5 or 6 token tip with a tip note saying you will rate and admire (which isn't all that hard to do). I guess if you are going to the effort to mention that you will rate and admire a model then why not tip them when saying that?

It seems useless for models and members alike. I much prefer comments (models can delete them, so it is fair).

Last edited:
This is directly from MFC's wiki page.

5de9ec33.jpg

Unfortunately many incredibly naive cam models complained for some reason about the removal. They annoyed the rest of the models with a brain. So MFC brought them back. An incredibly stupid waste of time.

Most long time members who understand this, never even bother to look at the ratings. They mean nothing. Keep them, get rid of them, screen shot and tweet them, dance naked in the woods giving a blood sacrifice to the moon in honor of them... it doesn't matter and no one cares. Don't worry about them whatever you decide.

FYI, in 7 years on MFC, I have never seen a model's profile with a rating of less than 5 stars.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.