AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model Scam MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2018
I feel the need to warn others about a model on MFC: Rebekah_1 https://profiles.myfreecams.com/Rebekah_1

I paid for custom video which she told me 2-3 days to make. 16 days later with lots of excuses (she was sick, went to the hospital, sent the video to the wrong member etc....) I did not receive anything and was banned from her room for asking why she hadn't sent it. I did contact MFC and was told as " As a one time courtesy we have returned your tokens to your account. In the future, please be aware we do not offer support for deals for off-site content. If you would like a model to do something, please take her private. "

So I guess this is just a risk but my issue is this so called "model" is still on MFC advertising custom videos and they allow her to continue to do this. I don't get it, are other cams sites run this shady?. If I make another deal like this with another model are they telling me I need to do the deal in private? And if not why do they even allow models to make "off-site" deals on their site....

Last edited:
Dam, she is gorgeous.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Funny!
Reactions: Kiki Jane
Uff, i understand your concerns and thoughts. However, from MFC's perspective - they provide a platform to see something happen (Private, Group shows) and a means to throw cash at girls and hope something happens (based on the ladies reliability). The T&C clearly state that tips are gifts, not contracts.

What you're complaining about is that you tipped for something that the site has zero control over. They cannot moderate what happens offisite. They cannot be privvy to what happens offsite. Here's an alternative, you got the video and now want your tokens to - so are complaining and making it all up.

No, I'm NOT accusing you of doing that, what I am pointing out is that MFC has zero fucking clue what happens away from their site. I could tip 10 billion tokens to a model for a real life fuck - and then find she's done the dirty. But guess what, it's a tip (gift) and MFC have zero visibility, or responsibility, over what you've paid for in tokens that is outside of the site's control. They've no way to know what has really happened away from the site, and they can't just take one or the other persons statements as fact without knowing anything about it. It really isn't their problem.

You got a refund, you're very lucky. It's happened to most, and most don't get any refund or only partial.

Simply put - do NOT agree to anything outside of the sites control unless you trust the model.

And one last time, just for clarity, MFC have zero control over what happens outside of the site and cannot be responsible for anything that does.

A lot of people have experienced this, but honestly, MFC aren't the problem here. You're expecting them to ban someone on your say so. That's kind of like expecting the Police to put someone in jail just because you accused them of something without any available proof. The world doesn't work like that. The important thing is to build a rapport, a trust, and then spend the cashola.

Uff, i understand your concerns and thoughts. However, from MFC's perspective - they provide a platform to see something happen (Private, Group shows) and a means to throw cash at girls and hope something happens (based on the ladies reliability). The T&C clearly state that tips are gifts, not contracts.

What you're complaining about is that you tipped for something that the site has zero control over. They cannot moderate what happens offisite. They cannot be privvy to what happens offsite. Here's an alternative, you got the video and now want your tokens to - so are complaining and making it all up.

No, I'm NOT accusing you of doing that, what I am pointing out is that MFC has zero fucking clue what happens away from their site. I could tip 10 billion tokens to a model for a real life fuck - and then find she's done the dirty. But guess what, it's a tip (gift) and MFC have zero visibility, or responsibility, over what you've paid for in tokens that is outside of the site's control. They've no way to know what has really happened away from the site, and they can't just take one or the other persons statements as fact without knowing anything about it. It really isn't their problem.

You got a refund, you're very lucky. It's happened to most, and most don't get any refund or only partial.

Simply put - do NOT agree to anything outside of the sites control unless you trust the model.

And one last time, just for clarity, MFC have zero control over what happens outside of the site and cannot be responsible for anything that does.

A lot of people have experienced this, but honestly, MFC aren't the problem here. You're expecting them to ban someone on your say so. That's kind of like expecting the Police to put someone in jail just because you accused them of something without any available proof. The world doesn't work like that. The important thing is to build a rapport, a trust, and then spend the cashola.

I totally understand, but everything is in the chat logs ( I could post them here, but won't, but it is pretty clear that she was scamming.)...police collect evidence as could MFC, as I am sure I am not the first one she has done this too. Lesson learned but it would be nice for a platform to come out where transactions like this could be monitored and trusted.

Are you aware of MemberBlasts on Twitter? And I agree with Dilligaf0 that spending a lot of time getting a good read for a model and how she runs her room is the best defense against scams.

At least you were refunded.

I totally understand, but everything is in the chat logs ( I could post them here, but won't, but it is pretty clear that she was scamming.)...police collect evidence as could MFC, as I am sure I am not the first one she has done this too. Lesson learned but it would be nice for a platform to come out where transactions like this could be monitored and trusted.

MFC cannot monitor what happens outside of MFC. Chat logs do not prove anything. You'd like to think they do - but how about this? She tells MFC you downloaded it from a dropbox link she provided yesterday to your personal email/skype/instant messenger? I know, your mind... blown. Not literally. Obviously. That'd be murder. Well, more like manslaughter... hardly premeditated. Actually, I'd claim you had prior conditions that caused it otherwise everyone's mind would blow up reading this.

Actually, as I drone on, they may. Oh well. Back on topic.

For every "legitimate" claim to MFC about "fraud", there's probably 100 illegitimate ones. The fact they gave you a refund would indicate they did look and thought there's a reasonable chance*.
The fact you don't see anything happening to the model doesn't indicate that they didn't punish her (MFC don't give out free tokens, they'd have taken them back from the model).

Their T & C are very clear about tips and the risks of conducting off site transactions (they cannot help if you claim something hasn't happened despite "paying" for it via a tip). You've got a resolution, a great one, and yet you're not happy for some reason. As for mentioning the Police, get real; laughable.

It's a learning point, great advice has been given. Get to know and trust the models/members beforehand - and that's the real message to take away.

* Actually, I believe every member has a 1 opportunity refund type affair available. You've just used yours.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo

I think the thing that most people don't realize is that MFC isn't our employer. We are independent contractors. If you went to a mall and a store within that mall didn't deliver something you ordered, would you be able to contact the owners of the actual mall the store was in and demand retribution from them? They would tell you to take it up with the store itself because they don't have liability. Cam sites are virtual landlords and the models are renting our virtual store fronts and paying them a % of our earnings as rent and maintenance.

I'm truly sorry that you were scammed by a model, unfortunately- just like in any other sales business there are going to be bad eggs mixed in with the legitimate, good ones. I agree with the other responses on here, be thankful MFC refunded your tokens- tell others about your experience so they also don't get scammed and only buy things from models you trust or have a proven track record with delivering.

I think MFC were very clear and fair with you.
If you like custom vids, there are stores for those, if you like physical memorabilia, there are stores for these too. If you wish to receive naughty and personalized social media PM's with unique content, there are subscription platforms for that as well. Most if not all of these platforms have very clear escrow and charge back policies.
Just for proportions sake, try to mediate between a Chinese Amazon seller and bulk supplier of light bulbs from Sri Lanka, over a sunken tank, while they both use Google Translate, and you'll re-define the term a pickle :)
Tokens are back, no harm done folks. Not every dispute between a merchant/provider and a customer is a red alert for fraud, that's all I'm saying, even when millions are involved, but that's just my experience with mainstream headaches talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.