AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models: How long does it take you to get ready for work? Make-up, hair, prep?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How long does it take you to do hair and make-up

• <30 minutes

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >4 hours

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, if you worked a regular office job ... how much time getting ready would you take? Make up, hair, outfit, preparation (maybe not lights etc but maybe you'd have to make your lunch to pack)
when i had a dress code at a corporate job, 2 hours and i would have to leave an hour early in case there is traffic on the interstate. i was so happy when they removed the dress code and allowed us to go to work in casual clothes as long as they covered thighs, stomachs, and shoulders for everyone. then it was 30 minutes.

To do my actual makeup? Approximately 15 minutes because I do the same thing every single time and I keep it really simple. Just BB cream, blush, brow pencil, eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. Eyeshadow takes the longest. I hate fucking with my hair so I'll usually just brush it and leave it down or maybe put it in clip. Every so often I might do some anime girl braids or space buns and that can take about 30-45 mins because I am meticulous. If I had to spend over an hour just on my makeup and hair every day I would have zero motivation to cam.

Reactions: EvaRomania
I always wondered if I was alone in needing multiple hours to get ready. There have been a few occasions in which I went through the whole process of getting ready and set up and just before turning my cam on, I realized was WAY too tired to continue… that’s the worst.
The reason my routine takes so long is because I do a full glam, retro pinup look; which includes false eyelashes (which I’ve recently changed to the ones that last a week or so, rather than every day like I was doing), a classic red mani & pedi, a full face of makeup (the red lipstick is what I struggle with, on a good day I can do it in 5 min, but there are days when I’ve had to remove it and reapply it so many times to get a clean, perfect application that I’ve wasted over an hour on just that). I also style my hair in retro Victory Rolls with Bettie bangs, which can take 30 min to an hour). But, the thing that takes the most time (and that I dread having to do) is I airbrush cover my tattoos with alcohol-activated makeup (which makes it rub, transfer & waterproof) as I have a couple large, easily identifiable tattoos that I prefer to conceal. Then after all that, I have to put in one of my classic lingerie sets, plus vintage-style, delicate stockings.. which isn’t a quick process. And finally I have to tidy up and get my lights set up, before finally being ready to get my cam settings checked and ready to start. Sometimes (pretty often) I wonder if i should do an easier/less high maintenance look, but I do love the pinup style and I feel like its the main thing that differentiates me from others. So, I’ve just got to continue to get better & faster at my prep routine, so that it’s not such a daunting task.

Reactions: PrincessNikole
Status
Not open for further replies.