AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models trying to give you their WhatsApp #

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2022
So, I have had a few models give my their WahtsApp #s unsolicited and I am just curious - should I just assume it is A) step one of a scam, or 2) a way to deepen the relationship to also deepen the financial relationship?

In most cases the reasoning given is "I like to talk to you so much." One model basically sent it to me because she was changing studios and I assume wanted to do her best to bring her regulars with her to her new account. That made business sense to me (but I still didn't give her mine)

The most recent one is actually really funny so she seems like she'd be fun to text with, but I have bever had a desire to communicate off platform and feel like there is some string attached. Anyone with experience with this (from either the user or model side of the cam world)?

All of the cases have been Colombian models - not sure if that is relevant or not

So, I have had a few models give my their WahtsApp #s unsolicited and I am just curious - should I just assume it is A) step one of a scam, or 2) a way to deepen the relationship to also deepen the financial relationship?

In my experience, when I’m offered WhatsApp or other social media without asking for it, it’s been a way to keep connected with a good customer. At least that’s how I’ve interpreted it.

In a few rare exceptions, I’ve continued chatting as friends with models even after they’ve quit camming, but I’d consider those relationships to be happy accidents and not at all the norm/expectation.

Always expect that it’s a customer retention tactic first and foremost.

A model I'm a regular of asked for my Whatsapp # recently. Also a Colombian model, and it's only been about a week of her having it. So far the experience has been letting me know when she's streaming, chatting with me when I can't make it to her stream and her room is slow and she's bored, and when she's not streaming just talking about what's going on in our lives. It's been pretty chill.

Reactions: Hiunds
Was only offered one models personal Instagram. I'm their biggest tipper and they make sure to mention when they go online. But there's lots of messages sent throughout the day just that's normal chats too, nothing sexual.

All of the cases have been Colombian models - not sure if that is relevant or not
I was about to comment, that if she was Russian, Whatsapp would be about the only social media available. That and Telegram. I don't know what the situation is in Colombia.

There aren't any social media restrictions in Colombia, @Nienna. TikTok and Instagram are among the most popular, aside from WhatsApp.

Status
Not open for further replies.